Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should bet be Void if match not 80 mins? (Glasgow Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should bet be Void if match not 80 mins? (Glasgow Game)

Friend of mine did overs bet on rugby at the weekend and match was cut short by few mins due to fire in the stand. Both rugby coaches agreed to go in to half time few minutes early as opposed to restarting game in 37 odd min.

Should his bet be void on basis all bets are settled on 80 min play + injury time as per PP/Boyles rugby rules?

Any help be great

Strange one.
    Presumably '80 minutes' is just meant to imply a normal completed game and in this case both sides, the ref, and the authorities seem to regard it as such.

I've also seen Spanish La Liga refs blow up on 89:55 and its never occurred to me that there might be a similar issue.

I don't think he has a moral case as such, but no harm asking.
    If he'd lost the last 3 minutes of the second half it'd be more of an issue imo.

Comment

From PP Rugby Rules: "If a match starts but is abandoned before its completion, all bets will be void unless an official result is declared by the applicable governing body. Where an official result has been declared by the official governing body, that official result will govern match and handicap market settlement but all other markets will be void unless their result has already been determined at the point of abandonment (i.e. at the point of abandonment, it would not have been possible for the outcome of the bet to change had the match continued to its natural conclusion)."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Strange one.
        Presumably '80 minutes' is just meant to imply a normal completed game and in this case both sides, the ref, and the authorities seem to regard it as such.

I've also seen Spanish La Liga refs blow up on 89:55 and its never occurred to me that there might be a similar issue.

I don't think he has a moral case as such, but no harm asking.
        If he'd lost the last 3 minutes of the second half it'd be more of an issue imo.
        Thank you for your reply,

I understand your point on the 89:55 as we all seen it happen in different sports, but as the match was officially cut short on agreement between two coaches would the match therefor be officially 77 min game and therefore could not be settled as winner/loser on that basis?

I have read both Boyles and PP rules and can see anything that suggest it shouldn't be void. The only issue I can see if how to get proof that it was officially declared 77 min game outside of articles on the internet/shown them replay where they agreed it!

Unusual one all the same

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
          From PP Rugby Rules: "If a match starts but is abandoned before its completion, all bets will be void unless an official result is declared by the applicable governing body. Where an official result has been declared by the official governing body, that official result will govern match and handicap market settlement but all other markets will be void unless their result has already been determined at the point of abandonment (i.e. at the point of abandonment, it would not have been possible for the outcome of the bet to change had the match continued to its natural conclusion)."
          Does this rule cover this suitation?

As we have this rule for abandoned matches and other rule for settlement on 80 min matches but does this situation fall between both?

Match wasn't abandoned but was cut short so should fall under 80 min rule or?
          Last edited by corigi; 03-01-18, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
            Does this rule cover this suitation?

As we have this rule for abandoned matches and other rule for settlement on 80 min matches but does this situation fall between both?

Match wasn't abandoned but was cut short so should fall under 80 min rule or?
            The 80 min rule (or the 90 min rule in Football) simply means extra time is not counted for settlement purposes. It has nothing to do with how much much of the match is actually completed, as there are abandonment rules to deal with those situations. In this case (or any case where a rugby/football match is not fully completed), what counts is whether the governing body has declared an official result. If they have, then the relevant markets would be settled in accordance with said result.

Comment

Working...
            X