Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emporium closing card room,
    last tournament Sunday
    One cash table will be
    retained on gaming floor.

Sad to see a place with such potential
    crucified by incompetant management.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      daughter all packed and ready to go to EP has only realised tonight that her ticket did not arrive in post and is not available for download.
      apparently pointing out that she might have been a bit more careful if she'd paid for it herself wasn't the right thing to say
      MBN. After a week of hunting I just got offered two tickets there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Build your own Brexit

Funny in a 'sad but true way'. I took the hardest Brexit possible.
        It seemed impossible, but the prime minister has secured a deal that keeps Britain relatively close to the EU—and steered it through Parliament. Purists say it’s not a real Brexit, but the U.K. departs on March 2019. Relief is short-lived. The details still need to be hammered out, and there are plenty of Tories who think this might be the perfect moment to get a new prime minister. But that’s another story.

— The End —

Cheers! You made it through in 12 steps
        Did i win?

Comment

Some poor soul was begging all around for ticket outside main entrance earlier. Not like hanging round Quinns or Big Tree on All Ireland Final day, people have been gouging tix all week. We had one spare that a mate got and could have turned a profit no bother flogging it on FB.
          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
            last tournament Sunday
            One cash table will be

Wow, really. That is sad, misspent a lot of time in there.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              In the kitchen this morn the wife has her head in the fridge checking best befores. Asks me what date it is.

I said 29th, then corrected myself after looking at the phone.

Two of us were like 'Aug 30th, why is that date ringing bells'

Took a few moments for both of us to cop it was our 16th wedding anniversary.

Love that about her, not a bollix given for any of that nonsense. Same with valentines.
              The contra play to this is to be married to someone who cannot remember dates. A card, a 'happy anniversary' and you're straight into a world of guilt that can be fully exploited by a 'did I mention I'm off to Japan for the rugby world cup?'

Metagame Laz.

Comment

last tournament Sunday
                One cash table will be

Sad if true. Played my 1st ever live tournament and was where I learnt my game (for good or bad!) Loved playing there as the poker room interior was miles ahead of other poker rooms so felt like a proper gentlemen club.

Really is a shame.
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Cheering the successes is the preferred way to do it if you don't want him to grow up to be a psychopath
                  You could end up with a participation trophy winning snowflake. Is that really a better Christmas dinner conversation.....

Comment

The contra play to this is to be married to someone who cannot remember dates. A card, a 'happy anniversary' and you're straight into a world of guilt that can be fully exploited by a 'did I mention I'm off to Japan for the rugby world cup?'

Metagame Laz.
                    Excellent idea. Setting a calendar reminder for Aug 29th.
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

last tournament Sunday
                      One cash table will be

It was only ran right when john and Alex were running the card room a long time ago'

Comment

The voters agree. Corbyn becomes prime minister. Though himself a euroskeptic, he has no desire to repeat the Conservatives’ mistakes, and he knows that a soft Brexit will please his party. He announces that Britain will seek to remain in the EU’s customs union, and says he’s open to the case for single-market membership. The EU says it looks forward to talking to him.
                        Tada!

Comment

At electric picnic, will be sleeping in an actual bed and showering daily, easy game

Comment

Thinking of going to Spurs V's Liverpool, anyone any idea how to get tickets, both club sites are awash with hoops to jump thru and membership fees just to have the ability to look at the tickets

Anyone know when they go on general sale/where to look for Spurs at Wembley?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              Pretty sure I remember ianmc38 saying a good few years ago he lived just round the corner from The Chief. Sure ianmc38 lives elsewhere these days but could still have family/friends who might know. He posted in Deadparrots IPTV streams thread recently so could be worth a pm.
                              Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              He posted recently?

Ah, be cool if he came back on the scene, sound lad.
                              Ian lives in Malta. He's not posted in a long time but I mentioned the IPTV thing to him because we both use the same TV setup in Malta but they have pulled the plug on it.

Edit - Ian hasn't seen or heard about him in years. He lived relatively close but not on his doorstep or anything.
                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 31-08-18, 12:54.

Comment

Last day in work ahead of 2 1/2 weeks abroad, and it has been a mad one so far. Cannot WAIT to be out of the office!

Comment

Have an extra ep that I got for 300 if anyone here is looking

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Have an extra ep that I got for 300 if anyone here is looking
                                    Luckily I won't need it, she just went down this morning and they reprinted her ticket on site.
                                    Great to be that relaxed about it, she is due to be starting her first post college job on Tuesday but given past experiences I wouldn't expect her to be able to speak to another human before Thursday
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tried getting Chappelle tickets this morning. online right at 10am and they were insanely expensive. Got tickets to show in stockholm and a flight for cheaper amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                        Tried getting Chappelle tickets this morning. online right at 10am and they were insanely expensive. Got tickets to show in stockholm and a flight for cheaper amount.
                                        Just had lunch in your chicken and ribs place, very tasty. Your pizza recommendation was different class. Best I've had probably ever.

Comment

Toilet cistern has been leaking for a month, and unlike Ireland we pay for water here so have been chasing the landlord to get it fixed, finally had someone come around last Friday to replace and fix it. Alls well that ends well...sunday afternoon returned home to a swimming pool in the kitchen/living room where dishwasher had flooded (despite not being on) cleaned it up and cleared out the dishwasher and it seemed fine. 5 hours later it’s overflowing again into the kitchen floor.

Turn off the mains water in the lift shaft and the tap under the sink but dishwasher is still slowly filling up, can’t figure out how exactly as we have no water anywhere else with mains off. Go to bed at 1am and wake up to a flooded kitchen again. Turns out there’s a second tap hidden at the back which has been leaking water into the dishwasher.

Guy comes to look it over, stops the water coming into the dishwasher but says there’s a problem with the mains and we need a plumber to look at it. Plumber comes on Tuesday and finds limestone buildup in the pipes so clears it out but says there might be a problem with the tank on the roof. Only access to the roof is through the penthouse so go begging for access, to be fair they were very nice about it, and get to the roof only to find that there are 3 tanks and nobody seems to know which one is which.

Plumber leaves saying, you might need me back. If the tank is the problem then there’ll be no hot water left in a few days. Dishwwasher guy comes back on wed, fixes dishwasher and everything seems fine.

Roll on this afternoon, back sweaty and stinking from a walk, covered in sun cream.....no water in any of the taps or showers...on a Friday evening

Call landlord, she’s away until Tuesday, she called the plumber and he’ll be in touch apparently....le sigh.....currently weighing up taking a 4 week gym membership to get us over the hump.

Never rains but it pours, or not as the case may be. Only 12 weeks left I suppose but was hoping they would be smooth.
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Just had lunch in your chicken and ribs place, very tasty. Your pizza recommendation was different class. Best I've had probably ever.
                                            I was wondering about that. Yeah their diavola pizza, outside on the waterfront, with the small beers is just different class. We have flown back just for it.

Comment

Same. Original article stated starting at 30e, I got offered 3 @ 140e, he's not that fucking funny.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Ryanair question...

That new priority thing with bags.
                                                I'm travelling tues, can I still bring on my handbag and small case for free and they just tag and put on trolley yolk before you board?
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                  Ryanair question...

That new priority thing with bags.
                                                  I'm travelling tues, can I still bring on my handbag and small case for free and they just tag and put on trolley yolk before you board?
                                                  Yeah til November your 'big' cabin bag will potentially be checked in to the hold at the gate. You won't be charged for it. Your small bag you can bring on with you as normal.

Comment

We all want more details for this!

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    I was wondering about that. Yeah their diavola pizza, outside on the waterfront, with the small beers is just different class. We have flown back just for it.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                      We all want more details for this!
                                                      In Lisbon, I might do a TR when I get back, it's such a great spot.

Comment

Mark Buckley just doubled up
                                                        with AKo v QQ at EPT Barcelona.

Top 3 stack now with 23 left.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                          Toilet cistern has been leaking for a month, and unlike Ireland we pay for water here so have been chasing the landlord to get it fixed, finally had someone come around last Friday to replace and fix it. Alls well that ends well...sunday afternoon returned home to a swimming pool in the kitchen/living room where dishwasher had flooded (despite not being on) cleaned it up and cleared out the dishwasher and it seemed fine. 5 hours later it’s overflowing again into the kitchen floor.

Turn off the mains water in the lift shaft and the tap under the sink but dishwasher is still slowly filling up, can’t figure out how exactly as we have no water anywhere else with mains off. Go to bed at 1am and wake up to a flooded kitchen again. Turns out there’s a second tap hidden at the back which has been leaking water into the dishwasher.

Guy comes to look it over, stops the water coming into the dishwasher but says there’s a problem with the mains and we need a plumber to look at it. Plumber comes on Tuesday and finds limestone buildup in the pipes so clears it out but says there might be a problem with the tank on the roof. Only access to the roof is through the penthouse so go begging for access, to be fair they were very nice about it, and get to the roof only to find that there are 3 tanks and nobody seems to know which one is which.

Plumber leaves saying, you might need me back. If the tank is the problem then there’ll be no hot water left in a few days. Dishwwasher guy comes back on wed, fixes dishwasher and everything seems fine.

Roll on this afternoon, back sweaty and stinking from a walk, covered in sun cream.....no water in any of the taps or showers...on a Friday evening

Call landlord, she’s away until Tuesday, she called the plumber and he’ll be in touch apparently....le sigh.....currently weighing up taking a 4 week gym membership to get us over the hump.

Never rains but it pours, or not as the case may be. Only 12 weeks left I suppose but was hoping they would be smooth.
                                                          That's fucking shocking

SPOILER
                                                          That you're not living in the penthouse, wtf?

Comment

Hi guys, best cash game in Dublin tonight from 23:00 onwards?
                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                              Sporting emporium. It'll be the softest that I know of anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Sporting emporium. It'll be the softest that I know of anyway
                                                                Thanks dude, hows the jackpot?
                                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Thanks dude, hows the jackpot?
                                                                  Have not played there for about 8 years and only played there once. I was the value when I went in after a skin full in coppers

Comment

That's fucking shocking

SPOILER
                                                                    That you're not living in the penthouse, wtf?
                                                                    I didn’t get where I am today by paying for penthouses
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Just go to the fitz guaranteed a game of holdem and a 50 plo game.
                                                                      For softness id go upstairs the regs mostly lay downstairs not that they are geniuses but the stragglers will usually be sent upstairs.

Comment

Thanks dude, what limits holdem games do they run?
                                                                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

I see Trump is visiting in November. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Our lad will be 2 years 5 months by Christmas next year. I might use the threat of Santy removing a present every time he has an accident. Good motivation, although at that age he probably won't fully get the whole scam yet.
                                                                            I seriously need guideposts. I've bought a flushing pair of potty and it terrifies her. I've spent the last few days before we went away putting her toys and Teddys on the potty in the hope she'll try to emulate them.
                                                                            Which once it wrote down sounds ridiculous.
                                                                            However I've spent the last 14 hours in Disney so cannot be trusted to make sense
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Seems Louis C K has been trying a bit of stand up

Louis CK gets a call from president Trump about his first stand up set since the allegations.
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Adding up the school bill and seems we'll be paying €600 a month for the two of them in school (youngest starting there on Monday). Thats a long way from free schooling. Now that includes lunches, books, after-school care, but still - its at the very least a stark reminder that those little creatures are a massive lifestyle suck
                                                                                      €600 p/m for two? Or each?

If the former I'll swap in a heartbeat.

Comment

€600 p/m for two? Or each?

If the former I'll swap in a heartbeat.
                                                                                        so will I!!! in both cases!!!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Highly dislike the guy, but don't really get the point of protesting Trump coming to Ireland. He hasn't actually done anything to Ireland and we welcome worst leaders without a peep (Chinese being the key example, but the pope being another one). Just seems like a stupid protest.
                                                                                              Have been arguing the exact same with the missus this morning. Gonna screenshot this and tell her you're a highly respected college professor

Comment

Highly dislike the guy, but don't really get the point of protesting Trump coming to Ireland. He hasn't actually done anything to Ireland and we welcome worst leaders without a peep (Chinese being the key example, but the pope being another one). Just seems like a stupid protest.
                                                                                                There was a big protest for the pope. Some people feel its important to show that its not what the people want when its a state event, even if they know its not gonna stop it.
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Unusually excited about idea of daylight savings finally going. An awful idea that has never really made any sense. See Spain is going to be changing timezones too to match Ireland. Franco changed their timezone to match Germany in admiration of Hitler.
                                                                                                  You are wrong about this and we should try to hang on to it.

GMT is OK for us in the Winter when at the worst the day is from 8:30 to 16:00

But as spring is arriving at the end of March if we do not switch over to Summertime then the day is from 06:00 to 18:50

Having the day stretch past 8PM from March through September is very beneficial in allowing people to get out and about later in the day.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"He hasn't actually done anything to Ireland" - hey that's a reason to welcome that German guy with the tache back in 1940.
                                                                                                    As for the rest I guess we hold America to higher standards than China (or the Vatican) - a beacon of the free world etc, so when America elects a Trump it raises our ire more than the latest Chinese autocrat would.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      You are wrong about this and we should try to hang on to it.

GMT is OK for us in the Winter when at the worst the day is from 8:30 to 16:00

But as spring is arriving at the end of March if we do not switch over to Summertime then the day is from 06:00 to 18:50

Having the day stretch past 8PM from March through September is very beneficial in allowing people to get out and about later in the day.
                                                                                                      The proposal is for permanent BST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        I see Trump is visiting in November. Sigh.
                                                                                                        Class

Comment

Swift change of the slogan from say nope to the pope to say nope to the dope. Will he actually come though?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Thinking of going to Spurs V's Liverpool, anyone any idea how to get tickets, both club sites are awash with hoops to jump thru and membership fees just to have the ability to look at the tickets

Anyone know when they go on general sale/where to look for Spurs at Wembley?
                                                                                                            You have no chance of getting a ticket from Liverpool (unless you attended about 7/8 away games last season).

Spurs won’t have a general sale to stop Wembley being full of Liverpool fans (you would need to have purchased a membership from them several months ago to be able to buy one.

Best shot is to find someone with a spurs membership and get them to buy you one, should probably be easy enough to pick up outside the ground too I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Class
                                                                                                              I saw this yesterday, a trend that will continue do you think?

Comment

...Noticed no one had set up the premier league competition, then just remembered I had taken it on towards end of last season!!... If people want I can set it up again, and start it for week 5...Should be the same really...Thank if interested, if I get 10 I'll set it up...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    "He hasn't actually done anything to Ireland" - hey that's a reason to welcome that German guy with the tache back in 1940.
                                                                                                                    As for the rest I guess we hold America to higher standards than China (or the Vatican) - a beacon of the free world etc, so when America elects a Trump it raises our ire more than the latest Chinese autocrat would.
                                                                                                                    Due to his tax changes a client of mine is relocating back to Denver. Only a small client but still “he took our jobs”

Comment

...

Comment

Another hat tip for the Jimmys Hall recommendation. 11 y/o daughter rated it 9.5/10. Nefarious characters encountered at the interval.

Comment

He's a bit different to that German guy. For example hasn't noticeably killed anyone yet.
                                                                                                                          Quote from Hans von German in 1925: "Ja, gut idea. Let's sit back and do funk all until he noticeably kills someone".
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X