Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    fuck me I'd love to watch a major start to finish now.

Might just pick one and pretend it's a weekend for it.
    This will do!

Comment

which one to watch though?

Comment

The Golfing tips Padraig Harrington has been putting up on Twitter the last few days are brilliant.

You'd genuinely have had to pay thousands of € to get them normally from someone like him.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          which one to watch though?
          Depends on how many weekends you think we'll be stuck for.

I'm starting at 1990.

Comment

Depends on how many weekends you think we'll be stuck for.

I'm starting at 1990.
            doubt i'll watch too many so was hoping for epic years and work down from there

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
              The Golfing tips Padraig Harrington has been putting up on Twitter the last few days are brilliant.

You'd genuinely have had to pay thousands of € to get them normally from someone like him.
              I've said it before elsewhere, but he does an episode of Jarlath Reagan's "The Irishman Abroad"'s podcast where at one stage he just talks tips on his own uninteruppted for a solid 12-15mins, is just in complete and utter flow mode. Same there, you'd have paid big money for it.

This week Padraig Harrington joins Jarlath on the podcast to give what is possibly the most fully loaded interview with a sports personality in the series to date. Padraig gives a masterclass in positive mental attitude techniques as well as some rare free advice on how to perfect one's swing while also explaining why a good attitude is crucial in golf, how the groove rule seriously impacted on his ability to score, why he has not read anything written about himself since he was 18, how he won 3 majors while not playing to perfection and the fun he had stealing that ugly 3rd major win. Padraig also talks about why everybody loves being around Shane Lowry and the difference between Shane and Rory McIlroy, his famous Happy Gilmore shot, what keeps Tiger Woods motivated and why being on tour in Europe is far easier than in the States. An Irishman Abroad is brought to you by Currency Fair. Currency Fair is the official partner of the podcast. To get great exchange rates and to avoid ridiculous bank and broker charges when transferring money to anywhere in the world go to currencyfair.com. Get updates on future episodes and live shows by following @jarlath on Twitter, visiting www.jigser.com or email the show directly on irishmanabroadpodcast@gmail.com. Disclaimer: All materials contained within this podcast are copyright protected. Third party reuse and/or quotation in whole or in part is prohibited unless direct credit and/or hyperlink to the Irishman Abroad podcast is clearly and accurately provided.

(ironically think the podcast is now paid for!)

A thoroughly likeable guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                23% rise here today. Still holding the line OK.
                Not exactly flattening the auld curve yet are we.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

The one with the drill of him just throwing a tennis ball and the thought process behind it showed me something I was doing wrong. Played a lot better last 2 days after seeing this and changing a little thing so could be a gamechanger.

Are many of ye golfers playing much over the past week?
                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                    Well the effect of any measures we took last week will only begin to kick in over the next few days. If we can keep it in the low 20s and gradually get it to fall that's better than what most countries are managing.

Comment

ArmaniJeans Well played

SPOILER
                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      SPOILER
                      Granville was always chasing Maggie Olerenshaw - that pic is Arkwrights love Nurse Gladys Emanuel.
                      Lenny Godber.
                      Aint Half Hot Mum
                      No idea.
                      Fresh Fields (or it's sequel French Fields)
                      Ever Decreasing Circles.
                      No idea.
                      Lord Melvey, or something like that (though not a lord, conman)
                      Fallen Madonna with tbb.
                      Young pic of Pvt Walker maybe.

Very very good Armani shoots to the lead and in fact thats the full time whistle despite geting cocky in answer 1!. 7/10
                      Results below.
                      SPOILER
                      1.) Name of Granvilles girlfriend in Open all Hours
                      Nurse Gladys Emmanuel

2.) Sir name of Fletchers cellmate
                      Godber

3.) Name the show
                      It Ain't Half Hot, Mum

4.) Name the show. Bonus point for name of the Chief Super pictured.
                      Dempsey and Makepiece, Bonus Gordon Spikings

5.) Name the show
                      Fresh Fields

6.) Name the show
                      Ever decreasing circles

7.) Name the show
                      Our House

8.) Whos is pictured with Basil
                      Lord Melbury

9.) What was the name ofelusive painting called in Allo Alo
                      The Fallen Madonna(with the big boobies by Van Clomp)

10.) Dads Army name the soldier in the middle
                      Sponge

Comment

The raised cup idea in response to covid for golf courses is class.

Don't even need to worry about speed now. Just hammer it at the hole. Should be shooting consistant seventies!
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Best Irish specific analytics Ive seen yet

Quick view vs Italy and S Korea and we have reason to be quietly confident

Comment

For an account that calls itself Data Viz, I can't make head nor tail of the way its presented.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                              The one with the drill of him just throwing a tennis ball and the thought process behind it showed me something I was doing wrong. Played a lot better last 2 days after seeing this and changing a little thing so could be a gamechanger.

Are many of ye golfers playing much over the past week?
                              Really looking forward to adding the imaginary tennis ball throw to my endless arsenal of swing thoughts.

Comment

Went back playing online poker tonight after about 3 yrs

SPOILER
                                I'm still as bad as ever
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

that's about the fourth time I've come across that today.
                                  Ridiculously dangerous thinking
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Genius . Ya need the sound .

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      that's about the fourth time I've come across that today.
                                      Ridiculously dangerous thinking
                                      Yet is the big word. I get what you are saying but it was a little tongue in cheek TBF.

I guess going by this we should see the increase rate slow down around the end of the month?

Real-time evidence of flattening the curve. Lodi had the first Covid-19 case in Italy, and implemented a shutdown on Feb 23. Bergamo waited until March 8.

Pulled this off the net without much research, so it could be a load of bull BTW.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                          My Granny would have been down there in a second.

Comment

Late Late show is just Tubs on skype.

Class.

Comment

My Granny would have been down there in a second.
                                              Lol I attached the wrong link.

Meant this 1

Comment

Lol I attached the wrong link.

Meant this 1

https://www.facebook.com/1428707006/...2660129198417/
                                                First one worked? The lads doing bingo for the whole block?

The show must go on!

Comment

For an account that calls itself Data Viz, I can't make head nor tail of the way its presented.
                                                  Maybe but I think when our dailys start to be populated vs Italy and Korea especially when interventions (schools, pub closures and testing scale up) come into play as per lead time we'll get a clearer picture of where we'll land on this

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

WTF is wrong with America, its not like there is a gun shortage

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                      Maybe but I think when our dailys start to be populated vs Italy and Korea especially when interventions (schools, pub closures and testing scale up) come into play as per lead time we'll get a clearer picture of where we'll land on this

That's why I'm keeping my own graphs

Comment

First one worked? The lads doing bingo for the whole block?

The show must go on!
                                                        2nd 1 different

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          Went back playing online poker tonight after about 3 yrs

SPOILER
                                                          I'm still as bad as ever
                                                          Username and site please
                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

That's why I'm keeping my own graphs
                                                            Care to share?

Comment

It's just an Excel sheet. On the phone now but I might tidy it up and put up a link tomorrow. The guy making the charts for the Financial Times is great but the Ireland data isn't prominent.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                Username and site please
                                                                Partypoker, they use real names for the IO and any live satelites so she cant hide the crazy

Comment

It's just an Excel sheet. On the phone now but I might tidy it up and put up a link tomorrow. The guy making the charts for the Financial Times is great but the Ireland data isn't prominent.
                                                                  Cool [emoji41]

Comment

Have you link for FT?

Comment

IPB Home Games
                                                                      Game of Sheep going on!

Next thing we’ll see someone get a new high score in Chopper Challenge in the Arcade!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        WTF is wrong with America, its not like there is a gun shortage
                                                                        It reminds me of that old 'if you could go back in time and murder x before y, would you do it'. If I actually thought say assinating Boris 2 weeks ago would have changed the UKs poilicy, I think it would have been wotih giving it a go. Tempted to quote Spock
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                          From the Irish Times. Yep.

Did they mention foot fucking? (asking for a friend)

Comment

Was talking to the younger brother who worked as a bar man in Manhattan, as he was closing up shop on Thursday. He suspects himself and the rest of their staff had a mild dose of it about 5 weeks ago. Mostly the coughing symptom, and of course NYers dont take a day off for minor stuff like that. Reckons he'd serve about 200 customers a day, and even taking into account some duplication, it's a lot of people.

Comment

Sorry if a repost. But what the fuck is going on back there?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

https://www.twitter.com/hollyshortal...84286091030530
                                                                                I hadn't seen that. Kinda sad really, it looks like Eamon is having a bit of a breakdown. I think the mental health fallout from this crisis is going to be immense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

https://www.twitter.com/hollyshortal...84286091030530
                                                                                  I missed that one. As embarassing as it is losing the run of oneself on an online forum, doing it in parliament is special.

Comment

FFS they closed Woodies ?

The dad was buzzing getting a new mower on day 3 and is totally plugged into painting the decking the last few days. Both parents on day 8.

Totally behind getting all the window sills painted and having a bit of salad late summer.

It's a valid point made awfully.

Limited options for a huge demographic in lock down. Gardening & DIY or become a obese alcoholic.

Slimy Simon's expression is gold, might drop the slimy for that, he's putting in a fair shift in fairness to him.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                      Absolutely. There’s a benefit in having DIY shops open, home deliveries of supplies a là Gab. Keep people occupied, keep people in a low density jobs employed, keep money moving.

But what we actually got was a man losing the run of himself waffling about window sill salad.

Comment

Reporter: "Is the drug hydroxychloroquine effective at preventing coronavirus?"

John Fauci(Head of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases): "The answer is no"

Trump: "We ought to give it a try. I think we disagree a little bit, I feel good about it. That’s all it is, just a feeling, you know, smart guy. I feel good about it.”

When a reporter asked Trump on Friday whether he was selling Americans on an overly optimistic message regarding forthcoming coronavirus treatments,

Trump told him: “I say you’re a terrible reporter.”

Comment

Germany's deaths to cases figure is very low compared to Spain / France. Is it that they are testing more and intervening earlier?

Latest figures on Worldometer say they have 2 critical cases from 19600 active cases. Spain figures 939 critical from 18890.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                            Germany's deaths to cases figure is very low compared to Spain / France. Is it that they are testing more and intervening earlier?

Latest figures on Worldometer say they have 2 critical cases from 19600 active cases. Spain figures 939 critical from 18890.
                                                                                            I believe someone mentioned that deaths were being reclassified when some underlying conditions existed but I haven't seen anything about that.

It's similar to SK, it's volume of testing, they're just testing more mild and asymptomatic people.
                                                                                            They're getting through 160k tests a week which blows SK 10-15k a day out of the water.
                                                                                            Also 80% of their tests have been conducted on those under 60 so far lower risk.

They'll be interesting to watch because they're the 3rd oldest population in the world so it'll give an idea of how much this virus has actually spread throughout Italy & Spain.

Comment

The Gambler is dead. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                I believe someone mentioned that deaths were being reclassified when some underlying conditions existed but I haven't seen anything about that.
                                                                                                I heard that also, back when they had zero deaths but 1000 cases. Some with lung disease, who contracts the virus and dies isn’t counted. Seems insane theory but their numbers don’t align with anywhere else. Could be something in it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                    FFS they closed Woodies ?

The dad was buzzing getting a new mower on day 3 and is totally plugged into painting the decking the last few days. Both parents on day 8.

Totally behind getting all the window sills painted and having a bit of salad late summer.

Limited options for a huge demographic in lock down. Gardening & DIY or become a obese alcoholic.

Slimy Simon's expression is gold, might drop the slimy for that, he's putting in a fair shift in fairness to him.
                                                                                                    Morris's open in town this morning till 1. Woodies also do home delivery, backlogs at the moment though I believe

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Gambler is dead. RIP
                                                                                                        Poor Dolly will need consoling. He had a great voice.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Would be insta sacked here.

On 17 March, Donald Trump told reporters he knew this coronavirus 'was a pandemic all along', but that is in stark contrast to many of his previous statement...

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                                                              Reporter: "Is the drug hydroxychloroquine effective at preventing coronavirus?"

John Fauci(Head of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases): "The answer is no"

Trump: "We ought to give it a try. I think we disagree a little bit, I feel good about it. That’s all it is, just a feeling, you know, smart guy. I feel good about it.”

When a reporter asked Trump on Friday whether he was selling Americans on an overly optimistic message regarding forthcoming coronavirus treatments,

Trump told him: “I say you’re a terrible reporter.”

Trump is obviously getting carried away based on 3rd and 4th hand information from the likes of Elon Musk. Fauci describes the result as anecdotal rather than a hard no, but the study seems legit enough and extremely promising:

N=36. By Day 6, 14/20 treated patients were completely free of infection. Control patients 3/16. Larger study is going to happen very fast. Next study will combine azithromycin, a treatment for Lupus.

Lead researcher is this fella: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Philippe_Gautret

Copy of full paper here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/186B...IlWSHnGbj/view
                                                                                                              Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 21-03-20, 11:55.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I wonder, when this is all said and done, will we wake up to the likes of him and Boris and see them coming next time

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  Trump is obviously getting carried away based on 3rd and 4th hand information from the likes of Elon Musk. Fauci describes the result as anecdotal rather than a hard no, but the study seems legit enough and extremely promising:

N=36. By Day 6, 14/20 treated patients were completely free of infection. Control patients 3/16. Larger study is going to happen very fast.

]
                                                                                                                  Yeah I read it wasn't a hard no, I just thought the way they presented the exchange was funny.

Fauci said it's not a hard no, I got the above from here and he says as much later on, just need more data and not to hang your hat on it: https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/20/...ust-a-feeling/

I think a lot of the US Science community are generally pissed off with Trump so there is some very evident anti-Trump bias.
                                                                                                                  Even if the drugs do show work, he'll be viewed as nothing more than lucky.

Comment

I suspect he can't wait to squeeze this episode into his next book but what a silly tweet.

Comment

I actually got chest pains just watching that
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Excellent resource from Google

Comment

The Maradonna film is on Channel 4 tonight at 9pm. May interest some.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X