Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tough spot with QQ

$2+ 500 cap on stars
    PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 40 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Hero (UTG+1) (t16,636) ...55BB .... VPIP-13%|PFR-11%|3Bet-6%
    MP1 (t15,539)..................52BB..... VPIP-39%|PFR-11%|3Bet-13%......100+ Hands
    MP2 (t31,095)
    MP3 (t12,072)..................40BB..... VPIP-20%|PFR-14%|3Bet-9%........200+ Hands
    CO (t2,576)
    Button (t7,245)
    SB (t6,285)
    BB (t8,582)
    UTG (t7,415)

Hero's M: 20.54

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q, Q
    1 fold, Hero raises to t660, MP1 calls t660, 1 fold, MP3 raises to t2,100, 4 folds

Total pot: t2,790

Thoughts on this
    fold or go with it? i'm never flatting with MP1 stll in the hand.
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

200 hands are not much and info are the key in this hand, I would probably check MP3 fold to 3bet % given that we cannot relay on fold to 4bet on such a small sample size. If villain has a low fold to 3bet and stack off pretty wide then probably you can 4bet/call and if you get flatted (unlikely) you will have 1psb and it gets pretty easy to play post.
    If villain has a high fold to 3bet I wouldn't mind flatting - if he never stacks off pre with 99/TT/JJ and only gets them in with AA/KK/AK then 4bet/calling is suicidal and we want to make sure I keep those hands in his range during the hand as we may get an extra bet or more postflop by flatting.

I wouldn't worry about MP1, is a fish and will make mistakes postflop. The only problem is that HUD info may be misleading on such a low sample size.
    "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
      200 hands are not much and info are the key in this hand
      although 200 is not a lot to go by and can be misleading, for low stakes MTT's on stars i would rarely have a lot of hands on players unless they are regs from sng's....so 200 would be a better sample than i would have on most

Originally posted by ViperEyeIRL View Post
      If villain has a high fold to 3bet I wouldn't mind flatting
      are you flatting here, assuming fish never folds and we will be oop 3-way? his fold to 3-bet was 63%
      The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
      MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
        are you flatting here, assuming fish never folds and we will be oop 3-way? his fold to 3-bet was 63%
        I flat to underrep my hand and let MP3 continue with hands he may be folding to a 4bet and from which I want to extract value postflop from, like JJ/TT/AQ/Ax/Kx, etc. (especially if he has a high flop cbet %, even better if he has a very high second barrell %, but your sample size is too small, so ignore turn cbet for this hand) - if he has AA/KK we are probably going to stack off anyway on most flop, I just want to make sure we do the same when we have the best hand. Obviously if you have reads that villain stack off pre with 99/TT/JJ/AQ then by all means 4bet/call.
        On his part 3bet/folding JJ/TT would be pretty ugly (especially vs players who never flat 3bets oop and they are either 4betting or folding) tbh but doesn't mean they don't do it and in fairness having the fish in the hand would also have an impact on the type of hands he squeezes with.

Don't worry about the fish, you probably stack off post on similar flops vs 1 or 2 players, having the fish in just reduces the stack/pot ratio and with it the importance of playing oop, chips should be in by the turn on most flops anyway.

Is not an easy hand to play btw. 4bet/folding is obviously the only thing not to do.
        "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

Working...
        X