Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

€55 live hand

FitzwilliamCC €55 Double Chance

Pre Flop: I'm on the BB ($100-$200) fold to utg+3 who limps, fold to button who also limps along with the SB

I check on the BB with 7 A

Flop: 9 7 A
    SB checks & I check (With the intention on check raising) so utg+3 (Villian) bets I think it was $400 & folded around to me

I re-raise as planned to $1,800 & he calls

Turn: 9
    (I'm thinking here now I'm fucked & want to get to showdown as cheap as possible as I couldn't beat A-8 even now)

I check & Villain bets out I think it was $2,200 & I flat call

River: 8

Again I check & Villain ships it in for about $5,500

After I think for a bit I come to the conclusion that he must think I'm seriously really weak after re-raising the flop & check calling to the river & very good chance here he is trying to push me off the hand here so I call & beat obviously

Q1: Is it always best to lead here when flopped a hand?
    I have the same problem pre-flop with big pairs like limpin with aces to try to re-raise which I'm trying to cut out but still find myself doing it

Q2: I think I had almost 2x the average covering the Villain by only $1,400 should I have gotten involved at all & just folded the turn?

Q3: On the river the way it has played out if you were Villain would you make a move here?
    Last edited by Donkathon; 22-06-11, 12:14.

Lead the flop build a pot for your hand. Limp re-raising these days is so outdated. I'd give up personally unless we're very shallow tournie or something.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
      Lead the flop build a pot for your hand. Limp re-raising these days is so outdated. I'd give up personally unless we're very shallow tournie or something.
      Only $5.5k SS including the $500 early bird chips but I think the average was around $6k or something close
      Also I had just been moved to this table maybe 3 hands before so havint played with him before

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
        FitzwilliamCC €55 Double Chance

Pre Flop: I'm on the BB ($100-$200) fold to utg+3 who limps, fold to button who also limps along with the SB

I check on the BB with 7 A

Flop: 9 7 A
        SB checks & I check (With the intention on check raising) so utg+3 (Villian) bets I think it was $400 & folded around to me

I re-raise as planned to $1,800 & he calls

Turn: 9
        (I'm thinking here now I'm fucked & want to get to showdown as cheap as possible as I couldn't beat A-8 even now)

I check & Villain bets out I think it was $2,200 & I flat call

River: 8

Again I check & Villain ships it in for about $5,500

After I think for a bit I come to the conclusion that he must think I'm seriously really weak after re-raising the flop & check calling to the river & very good chance here he is trying to push me off the hand here so I call & beat obviously

Q1: Is it always best to lead here when flopped a hand?
        I have the same problem pre-flop with big pairs like limpin with aces to try to re-raise which I'm trying to cut out but still find myself doing it

Q2: I think I had almost 2x the average covering the Villain by only $1,400 should I have gotten involved at all & just folded the turn?

Q3: On the river the way it has played out if you were Villain would you make a move here?
        I tend to lead out in this spot. It's a tricky spot to play and gives me lots of trouble.... floping bot 2 pr, mid 2 etc oop.
        Your chk rse is fairly large so I'd imagine he has a decent hand here.... That turn card stinks and I prolly puke and then fold the Turn.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
          Your chk rse is fairly large so I'd imagine he has a decent hand here....
          lol I wasnt going to give the hand results but he had J-10

(Before anyone says "BBV thataway" this is not a beat thread)

Comment

Check raising isnt limp re-raising.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

I think if you call the turn, you should call the river. The turn is where you have to make your mind up because he is(or should be) shoving every river after building a pot to do so.

I would fold the turn to that horrible card.

That's not the point that Islander was making. You are being result based here.

When you c/r to 1.8k, villain should be laying down all of his draws. The fact that he had 10,J is irrelevant.

The fact that he calls the flop c/r, bets the turn and shoves the river is the important part. This action, on this board means that we are nearly always beat here.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                  Check raising isnt limp re-raising.
                  You missed the part where he says he limps aces to re-raise then? Because i thought it would be obvious if you did that wasn't what I was talking about.

The concept of check-raising far too difficult I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    I think if you call the turn, you should call the river. The turn is where you have to make your mind up because he is(or should be) shoving every river after building a pot to do so.

I would fold the turn to that horrible card.
                    Yeah I truly hated the turn so much but I just felt by his demeanor there was a good chance I was good here & proceed to call the turn & river with my read which was obviously wrong on the river I though if he had me bet here in the river he'd be betting something & not just shoving all in

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                      When you c/r to 1.8k, villain should be laying down all of his draws. The fact that he had 10,J is irrelevant.
                      Also you are 100% correct I think I definitly should have in hindsight folded the turn cause I couldn't beat any other decent ace

worst possible card I think on the turn

Comment

No value in c/r. He's not b/c worse ever in a limed pot. Just bet flop.

Comment

I'd just fold turn. You're gonna be smoked mostly.

I think flop cr might be fine. It depends on how stabby the other two guys are, and what they like to limp with. It is certainly fine from the point of view that nobody in that tournament would ever fold an A (or other stuff perhaps) on any street, so you are defo getting value. I definitely don't see why people would think its bad.
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

It's not bad obv, but betting is superior imo. You give shit like 67, 88 and 89 a chance to check behind by going for a c/r. Are people really calling a c/r with A5 in that spot? And if they are, why do they always have 77 when its against me?

Comment

I think you should certainly play against this villain more often.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                I think you should certainly play against this villain more often.
                                He sounded like he was from the north so dont know how often he's around

Comment

You missed the part where he says he limps aces to re-raise then? Because i thought it would be obvious if you did that wasn't what I was talking about.

The concept of check-raising far too difficult I suppose.
                                  I did miss it.

Is it.
                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I'd probably fold the turn too, as much as it'd pain me to do. You're beating virtually nothing that can call a check raise on the flop.
                                    Unlucky on the river. Another victim claimed by horrific play in the Fitz tournies.

Comment

I think you played the hand well until the turn. It was probably the worst card in the deck that came on the turn and you have to give it up imo as you are only really beating a bluff or spliting the pot to a weaker A. It is a tricky spot to play and the fact you were only recently moved to the table makes it difficult to have a read on what type of player he was.

Comment

Working...
                                      X