World Cup Predictions Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    Got that, but it's 5stars game, so it's up to him about late entries and the like!
    Ah its grand. Long way to go.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Out of interest how does the scoring work in the knockout games.
    For example say its 0-0 after 90 minutes, 1-1 after 120 minutes and 5-3 after the penalty shootout.

As a punter I'd expect 90 minute score to count, but I know the official FIFA result does be the 5-3.
    No idea, but becuase it is being done automatically it is the same for everyone. I guess we'll find out what way it works when we get there, but I would imagine that it is done on 90 mins only.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
      How did anyone predict a ghana win there? ffs
      35 years experience of seeing Yugoslavia, Serbia/Montenegro and now Serbia turn up to these competitions as a form team and everyones dark horse - and then descend into a rabble after about 30 minutes of their first game.

Comment

If any of you have the Germany/Aus score i'll be most impressed!
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Was the prize payout decided as a winner scoops all?
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

If any of you have the Germany/Aus score i'll be most impressed!
            I got it Danny.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

7 pointer for ArmaniJeans mean we have an early pacesetter.
              Nightmare day for previous joint leader BallymoreChris with just 1 point.
              5 pointers for Rigger, KevIRL and NuckChorris see them move into a threatening 3rd place.

FeetMagic, DannyDiamond and Road Sweeper have serious egg-on-face as they somehow manage not to predict Germany's win over the Aussie pensioners.

Comment

I got 5 points and I feel like I've moved backwards.
                Doping test for AJ imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                  Was the prize payout decided as a winner scoops all?
                  Yep.

Comment

Probably still early enough that you could change it to ~50%/30%/20% or something if you wanted.
                    Don't think anyone would object (I definitely wouldn't anyway, it'd be petty).

Comment

If it is to be changed, it should only be top 2 imo

Comment

I don't really mind. If enough people want it changed then I am cool with that, but winner take all is the purest form of it imo.

Comment

Top two seems fair 70/30 split or something like that. Fair play AJ.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I'm confident i'll pick up 9 points today

Comment

completely forgot about this, will transfer on boyle straight away, just need the email pls.
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

The posse is closing in on AJ...

Comment

Hold please.
                                  Switched from 2-0 to 1-0 Japan right before kick-off.
                                  One time

Comment

Hold please.
                                    Switched from 2-0 to 1-0 Japan right before kick-off.
                                    One time
                                    WP, I missed on that one big time.

Comment

Ship

Comment

Damn you Kuyt, you genius.

Comment

Day 4.

Earlier pacesetter ArmaniJeans draws a complete blank and his previously huge lead is cut to 3 points.
                                          KevIRL and NuckChorris grab 4-pointers to continue their good recent form and move into 2nd and 3rd.

Big mover of the day is cardshark202, not content with finding $3K lying around in a forgotten poker account, he nicks a 6-pointer to move into joint 3rd.

Other 6 pointers are for J10Spades who septuplets his previous score, and CHD whose lifelong dream of having enough money for 270 cans of Dutch Gold moves a step nearer reality. Shame he forget to put an entry in for two earlier games when in a drunken stupor.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            I'm confident i'll pick up 9 points today

Comment

If i'm reading the table right it says i've filled in 5 predictions?
                                              The only games I missed were the 2 early kickoffs yesterday. I had the 2-0 to Holland right today but i'm still only down for 1 point.

Will someone have a look for me please, something's gone wrong!
                                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 14-06-10, 23:14.

Comment

If i'm reading the table right it says i've filled in 5 predictions?
                                                The only games I missed were the 2 early kickoffs yesterday. I had the 2-0 to Holland right today but i'm still only down for 1 point.

Will someone have a look for me please, something's gone wrong!
                                                There is deffo something wrong so. I had Italy 2 Paraguay 2, I did have it 3-2 but I changed it before the kickoff and I was certain I had Japan 2 Cameroon 1 but it has me down for no entry for that game either.

I wasn't going to say anything as I thought I might have made a mistake or something. I did miss two early games but I am certain I filled it out for the Japan Cameroon game.

Comment

Yeah, I got off to such a bad start and was delighted to get a four pointer today only to see it hadn't been added!

I'm 100% certain I filled in those 3 games today before I headed out for golf, I even wrote down the scores beside my pc, so I could check the results against them when I got home.
                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 15-06-10, 00:44.

Comment

If true, I don't know what is up with it. I have had no issues. I only changed one result and it saved correctly unfortunately as I changed a 4 pointer to a 0 pointer 20 mins before the opening game. Did you use the save button at the bottom and did it bring you back to the page after telling you it had saved successfully?

I have changed a score just there and it saved fine for me.

Comment

Working fine for me thus far it seems. Changed one prediction 3 minutes before kick off for the afternoon game.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        If true, I don't know what is up with it. I have had no issues. I only changed one result and it saved correctly unfortunately as I changed a 4 pointer to a 0 pointer 20 mins before the opening game. Did you use the save button at the bottom and did it bring you back to the page after telling you it had saved successfully?

I have changed a score just there and it saved fine for me.

Yeah, i've followed the same procedure with all the games I entered scores for which is a total of 9 from the eleven, but it's only recorded five of them.

The others don't matter to be fair as I wouldn't have scored in them anyway the Holland match is the only one bugging me.

Comment

Having a bad day of it, but everyone is. White Knight has shot up to join the front-runners but that could be the 0-0 half time in Portugal game having an impact (we'll soon see).

Fair play to New Zealand, that'll do them for the whole WC now.

Comment

ugh.

Comment

Yep, WK's day so far. KevIRL make a nice bit of progress....

Comment

Anyone else going for a Korea win, could get 4 points all by myself.

Comment

1 more please Brazil.

Comment

Think i done 3-0 too .. ah crap lol

Comment

Had 2-0, FFS.

Comment

Missed out on the first 7 games! Lots of catching up to do. Low scores all the way.

Comment

Day5.

Is he a Werewolf, a Seer, An Alpha, A Suicide Bomber, A Martyr, A Zephyr, A Devil, an Angel?
                                                                          Fcuked if I know and I'm beginning to wonder if he's forgotten what he is himself.
                                                                          But taking time out from wrecking heads in WW7 White Knight binks a 7pointer on Day5 to move up joint 3rd place.

J10Spades continues his good recent form with another 5pointer and must be regretting his failure to fill in early results.

At the top ArmaniJeans still leads the way from KevIrl but the lead is now just 1 measly point, and the top 11 are just seperated by 6 points.
                                                                          Game on.
                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 15-06-10, 21:06.

Comment

Day6.

A day of little movement with two difficult results to predict in the Uruguay and Spain games meant that only Chile 1 Honduras 0 was a heavy points scorer.

ArmaniJeans maintains his 1 point lead over KevIRL but the pack are closing in relentlessly with the top 15 separated by just 8 points.
                                                                            Tonc76 makes the most impressive move of the day, gliding smoothly into joint 3rd place with a 5pointer.

Comment

#98
                                                                              1 more goal for argentina plz to ship the 3-1 prediction.

Comment

#99
                                                                                A hold is required for me, although I can't see there not being any more goals in this one.

Comment

Would do me lovely too, get me up the table a little at least.

Comment

Hold

Edit: serves me right
                                                                                    Last edited by BabyHawk; 17-06-10, 13:09.

Comment

Hold now please, thats enough. 4-1 is just perfect. Had over 4.5 goals backed too, nice start to the day.

Comment

sick ah well at least I get a point

Comment

ok, on the prize split thing, a preference by some was mentioned to paying 70/30 for 1st/2nd rather than winner take all. Any objections? None were voiced earlier I think, but if anyone has any, now is the time to say it.

Comment

Day7.

Another frankly rotten set of results, with victories for Mexico and Greece proving elusive for the contestants, and Argentinas margin a difficult correct score to hit.
                                                                                            4pointers for EagleEye and Flushdraw are the best returns on the worst day for predictions so far. Minor Lols at UraiseIfold for drawing a blank.

At the top ArmaniJeans leads for the 7th day running, maintaining the minimum margin over KevIRL, with none of the previous days top10 scoring more than one point.

Comment

Day8.

Another tricky day with few managing to predict Serbia's victory over Germany, nor many anticipating plucky England managing to hold on for a draw against Algeria.

Best of a poor bunch is 5starpool whose 4pointer moves him up joint 3rd place with NuckChorris. At the top ArmaniJeans leads for the 8th day, with KevIRL still unable to overcome that one point gap.

'FullOf..It' makes an extremely late entry, obviously lolling at the ineptitude of the current contestants and fancying his chances of a Foinavon.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                nor many anticipating plucky England managing to hold on for a draw against Algeria.
                                                                                                nh

Comment

1-1 hold please. One time

Comment

ship

Comment

Bah, changed from 1-1 to 1-0 at the last minute.

Comment

cnuting Ghana. Had 2-1 to them. Thought it wouold be good against 10 players. ho hum

Comment

1-1 hold please. One time
                                                                                                          Yeah i had that too. The 2 of us on 5 pts for the day. I don't like my prediction for the next game but just going to leave it. Meh we're due a 5 goal thriller at some stage!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah i had that too. The 2 of us on 5 pts for the day. I don't like my prediction for the next game but just going to leave it. Meh we're due a 5 goal thriller at some stage!
                                                                                                            1 more goal each please. ty

Comment

boom what a hold. top of the table 9 point day!

Comment

boom what a hold. top of the table 9 point day!
                                                                                                                wp

ArmaniJeans has been toppled from the summit of the charts thanks to cardshark getting 2 perfect results on his way to a 9 point day and AJ scoring just the 1 point. It's getting tight at the top. Honourable metion for HJ who also scored a 9 point day

Comment

If affelay scored one of the 1v1 chances he had at the end of the dutch game I would have had a perfect scoring day. Settle for the 9 points though.

Comment

General boooooo-age at being usurped. Booooo.

A Sickening day - Take away the Denmark goal and instead give it to the Aussies in the afternoon and I've two 4point matches, instead get squat diddley (I'm sure everyone has had similar days obv).
                                                                                                                    At least I can stop my nightly updates now, I was too superstituous to give them up whilst I was leading

Comment

HOLD!

Comment

Balls, misread this one badly. Fancied a draw. Figured with Paraguay only really needing a draw to get through they would let a lead slip.

Comment

Bah, one hold would have been nice. Boom for thedini with a 4 pointer and into second place though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X