No announcement yet.

Basketball thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding 4th quarter! Overs/Unders was down to 175 in the 3rd but some onslaught in the 4th. Including around 20 points in the last 2 minutes.

Ends 103-84
    Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Going to watch the Ginebra/Aces basketball game on PPP TV there. They have 185.5 the Overs Unders.

Anyone want to lay me odds? I want Over 185.5 points at Even money for €100???

Game starts in 10 minutes

Quote = a booking.

Comment

Still hasn't started.. crowd delays...

Comment

Started - I'll relist at HT if anyone is interested?

Comment

All Star game

I'd like a humble €20 on West @ odds of 6/5 (2.20) please.

Tip-off at 1am.

Quote to book as usual.

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                I'd like a humble €20 on West @ odds of 6/5 (2.20) please.

Tip-off at 1am.

Quote to book as usual.
                ok

Comment

NVM
                  Last edited by lee_arama; 16-02-10, 09:20.

Comment

NVM
                    Last edited by lee_arama; 16-02-10, 09:21.

Comment

NBA: Tuesday night...

Will add on bets as I want em....

I want someone to lay me Even money on Under 221.5 points (Ladbrokes/PP/Boyle line) in the Phoenix Suns/Grizzlies game.... Up to €50

Comment

Still wanting a taker here... ^^^^^^

Comment

Bank 93.5

Tonight 3 x 5 point doubles

Chicago Bulls -6.5 @ 2.06
                          Boston -5.5 @ 1.97
                          Lakers -14.5 @ 2.2
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

PBA semi finals

Alaska Kings vs Ginebra @ 11:30am

Wanting €50 on Over 184,0 points @ Even money.

Comment

Bank 78.5.

I am going big tonight on the Utah Jazz in a straight bet. Portland did a huge trade just before deadline day and it looks like its going to take time to sort the new players out, they got hammered at home by the Celtics the other night.
                              The Blazers needed to get bigger to take a step forward but imo they made a disastrous trade giving up Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Marcus Camby.

Blake and Outlaw have been outside threats for Portland for quite a while now and enabled them to get inside to score, its because they have had problems on the inside that they made this trade but its changing their whole offense now.

15 points win Utah Jazz @ 2.12
                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                Bank 78.5.

I am going big tonight on the Utah Jazz in a straight bet. Portland did a huge trade just before deadline day and it looks like its going to take time to sort the new players out, they got hammered at home by the Celtics the other night.
                                The Blazers needed to get bigger to take a step forward but imo they made a disastrous trade giving up Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw for Marcus Camby.

Blake and Outlaw have been outside threats for Portland for quite a while now and enabled them to get inside to score, its because they have had problems on the inside that they made this trade but its changing their whole offense now.

I will take your word, on smallish for interest

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                  Bank 78.5.

Nice shout on Utah Eagle, 4 point win.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                    Nice shout on Utah Eagle, 4 point win.
                                    Yeah, they nearly made a mess of it, watched the game. They really looked like the better team except for the 3rd quarter where they took just fell apart and ended up down by over 20 at one stage. I couldn't believe what was going on, but then they got back into it and made it to overtime, they walked all over them in overtime. Was a closer call than I expected. Anyways a win is a win, thats what counts at the end of the day.

Comment

Boston Celtics - Philadelphia 76ers

Oklahoma City Thunder - Los Angeles Lakers

I keep looking at The Thunder to cover the spread. Lakers only had a day rest after a tough series, while the Thunder have been preparing for over a week after the sweep.

Anyone got thoughts on the games tonight?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        Boston Celtics - Philadelphia 76ers

Oklahoma City Thunder - Los Angeles Lakers

I keep looking at The Thunder to cover the spread. Lakers only had a day rest after a tough series, while the Thunder have been preparing for over a week after the sweep.

Anyone got thoughts on the games tonight?

Opr
                                        What is the spread in Thunder LA game? Thunder looked pretty good and had it easy and should be fresh so think will get off to a very good start vs lakers. They should be a bit beaten up altho Bynum and Gasol only woke up properly in the last game

edit: 8 pts on pp.... prob be happy taking that for the 1st game
                                        Last edited by ghostface; 14-05-12, 22:31.

Comment

Spread is 7.5. Heart wants me to stay away as I would like to cheer on Kobe but I just think they might get blitzed tonight.

Opr

Comment

Think Thunder -7.5 is the right side. Watched a few games of the Nuggets-Lakers series and the Lakers struggled against much inferior opposition to the Thunder.

Lean Celtics in the other game but haven't been watching them a whole lot, healthy they should be bigger favourites than -4.5 but not sure about the extent of the injuries they're carrying. Probably stay away from that one.

Took the Pacers @ 10/1 today to win the series against the Heat, pretty good value I think with Bosh out.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              What is the spread in Thunder LA game? Thunder looked pretty good and had it easy and should be fresh so think will get off to a very good start vs lakers. They should be a bit beaten up altho Bynum and Gasol only woke up properly in the last game

edit: 8 pts on pp.... prob be happy taking that for the 1st game
                                              Spread is 7.5. Heart wants me to stay away as I would like to cheer on Kobe but I just think they might get blitzed tonight.

Opr
                                              Easy game... would have been better if I had spare money to gamble with

Celtics Philly looks like going to 7 games

Comment

Yeah it turned into the massacre I had a feeling it might. Thunders shooting from the field in the first half was phenomenal. Second half the Lakers just looked dead on their feet. Surprised they kept Kobe on the court for so long as I thought it would have been more prudent to have waved the white flag much earlier and looked to game two.

Opr

Comment

Wow, they didn't move the line for game 2, still OKC -7.5 (was sure it would go to -8.5 at least), will have some more of that.

Comment

Just noticed this thread.

I would expect there to be a reaction from the lakers in the next game. It will be much closer imo. Okc totally outplayed the lakers in last night's game, but also shot a ridiculous percentage. If that drops at all, you can expect a much tighter game, especially if Kobe gets going.
                                                    I would still expect the thunder to take the series in 5 or 6 though. They have too many weapons. If durant, westwood and harden are firing, it's impossible to stop them.

As for tonight, I think it will be a much tighter affair in the pacers-miami matchup than most think. All depends if Indiana can stay out of foul trouble early on.

Can't see the clippers having enough to stop the spurs. They just don't have enough offesively. Looking forward to seeing arguably the best two point guards this year match up though.

Comment

I'm not sure CS that LA will be capable of a reaction. They looked physically done in that second half. Even taking into account the shooting from OKC I still think the Lakers would have got overrun in the second period regardless. I was worried the Thunder may have had a few cobwebs to work off after a nine day layoff but nothing of the sort. Hard to see a way LA will make this close tomorrow night.

Opr

Comment

Nice one padraig took some of the 9/1 on the Pacers for the series. Great win on the road for them tonight.

Opr

Comment

Great game, very enthralling. So hard fought on the defensive end. I actually fancy the pacers to take the series now, miami just look a little toothless in their half court offense without bosh. Obv lebron and wade could light things up for the rest of the series, but if they don't, I fancy Indiana. Should have taken the 9/1 action actually

Comment

I'm not sure CS that LA will be capable of a reaction. They looked physically done in that second half. Even taking into account the shooting from OKC I still think the Lakers would have got overrun in the second period regardless. I was worried the Thunder may have had a few cobwebs to work off after a nine day layoff but nothing of the sort. Hard to see a way LA will make this close tomorrow night.

Opr
                                                            Teams with Kobe just won't get run over too often in succession. Big test though for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                              Teams with Kobe just won't get run over too often in succession. Big test though for them.
                                                              Wise words. Lakers +2.5, lets go Kobe

Opr

Comment

Easy, lol Pity the Lakers couldn't have taken that one as it's a huge ask for them to come back now.

Opr

Comment

How have I not seen this thread before?

To win champ everyone?

It's a Heat v Spurs finals for me and I think Spurs win it outright. Their 2nd unit is just too strong and the Heat have a good few weak point which they showed last night in the loss to the pacers!

This is coming from a long time Laker fan btw. I think we can turn it around. Great D tonight for most of the game, that's what Meta brings to us. Looking at 2-2 after the next 2!

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                    Great game, very enthralling. So hard fought on the defensive end. I actually fancy the pacers to take the series now, miami just look a little toothless in their half court offense without bosh. Obv lebron and wade could light things up for the rest of the series, but if they don't, I fancy Indiana. Should have taken the 9/1 action actually
                                                                    Still think its the Heat's series to lose. Just too powerful offensively in the long haul. Always take the Heat minus in the 4th Q, winner winner chicken dinner!

Comment

Easy, lol Pity the Lakers couldn't have taken that one as it's a huge ask for them to come back now.

Opr
                                                                      Just caught up with the games now. Lakers had that game, just lost the rhythm offensively in the last 2 minutes. Blake missing the open 3 at the end didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                                                        How have I not seen this thread before?

To win champ everyone?

It's a Heat v Spurs finals for me and I think Spurs win it outright. Their 2nd unit is just too strong and the Heat have a good few weak point which they showed last night in the loss to the pacers!

This is coming from a long time Laker fan btw. I think we can turn it around. Great D tonight for most of the game, that's what Meta brings to us. Looking at 2-2 after the next 2!
                                                                        I think spurs or okc for it outright. I fancy the spurs to do it. Heat just don't have the depth when missing one of the big 3.
                                                                        Lakers aren't out of the OKC series by any means, but I can't see them taking the spurs in best of 7 if they make it through.

Comment

No I don't think so either, thats why I cant see past Spurs for the title. Just too much consistency and strength. Heat have proven they can have bad days and let the occasion get to them at times, they will make the finals. I don't think Celtic will go 7 games in the East finals. Maybe 6 at a push.

Comment

Nice one padraig took some of the 9/1 on the Pacers for the series. Great win on the road for them tonight.

Opr
                                                                            Yeah, bit of a way to go, but good start to split the road games.
                                                                            Bosh's absence seems to be making it a bit harder for Lebron & Wade because of the floor spacing. How the Pacers defend the pick-and-roll is interesting to watch, previously if Bosh set a pick for Lebron, they'd have to cover Bosh as the roll man. But now with Joel Anthony or someone setting it, they can largely ignore Anthony, and either double Lebron or hang back in the paint to force a jump-shot.

I hope the Pacers can improve their scoring efficiency a bit, they shot 38% in game 2, which would lose most games. Would like to see them get better shots, but the Heat's defense is pretty good as well.

Not sure Bosh's absense is still fully accounted for, Pacers 11/10 on the money-line for tonight's game is looking pretty appealing to me. Would've thought the Pacers should be slightly favoured at home. Should be a good game anyway, plenty of intensity in the last one.

Comment

#98
                                                                              My god, what a start from The Pacers!

Opr

Comment

#99
                                                                                My god, what a start from The Pacers!

Opr
                                                                                Up by 1 at the moment! Mental!

Comment

Heat -5 for the 4th Q handicap. Evens!

Thats huge!

Comment

Up by 1 at the moment! Mental!
                                                                                    Well it was seven at the time. Pacers taking some awful shots from the field atm.

Opr

Comment

OH DEAR

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                                                                        OH DEAR
                                                                                        Heat fan? That was some demolition considering I thought the Pacers took some awful shots in the first half. More of the same please Pacers

Opr

Comment

I like Lakers tonight (not just saying it because im a laker). The destroyed their offence in game two and the Laker offence will come has to come good eventually. I think they'll do it tonight. On Lakers -2.5 and Celtics at the same. Not sure if Philly can handle Rondo, too creative. Destroyed them early in game 2 and I expect more in Philly tonnight

Comment

I like Lakers tonight (not just saying it because im a laker). The destroyed their offence in game two and the Laker offence will come has to come good eventually. I think they'll do it tonight. On Lakers -2.5 and Celtics at the same. Not sure if Philly can handle Rondo, too creative. Destroyed them early in game 2 and I expect more in Philly tonnight
                                                                                            Well Lakers was spot on, Celtics really should have closed them out in the second half. I'm going big on Spurs -6.5 at 6/5.

Comment

Lakers threw away game 4, had a huge chance but messed it up. in the 4th. See the Heat are up by 5 coming to end of the 3rd now, must have a look at the 4th quarter

Comment

Huge quarter from Wade and James. They were down by eight going into it and ended it up six!

Opr

Comment

Huge quarter from Wade and James. They were down by eight going into it and ended it up six!

Opr
                                                                                                  Pushing on now too, they wont lose this

Comment

Wade needed a big game badly I dnt think the winner is coming from the east this year Heat are too imbalanced and their bench is weak LeBron plays the point so much for them they'll prob make the finals and lose bad need of a pg and center in the off season wouldn't be shocked to see Bosh leave for salary space either!
                                                                                                    After watching the spurs last night they will be hard to beat they are so deep have like 10 players in their rotation which is unheard of come playoff time provided Manu stays healthy and Duncan doesn't tire they will be tough to beat along with OKC who look unreal at the min rotation is slightly smaller but that much younger so it balances west finals between them two will be sick but I think Durant has a fear of LeBron so if they beat the Spurs(which I dnt think will happen) I think OKC will bottle it and Miami wins otherwise I fancy the Spurs they look unstoppable!!!!

Comment

The end of b'ball games when it is kinda close but not really close enough to be in doubt is annoying as fuck!!!

Comment

Spurs will crush again tonight! -7.5 at 10/11 is good IMO!

Comment

Spurs will crush again tonight! -7.5 at 10/11 is good IMO!
                                                                                                          Not as pretty but just as effective! Paul had chances, no ice!

Comment

Just caught up with all the games after missed thursday and frieday cos of the ukipt. Had to grind 4 a day for a couple days! Thanks to league pass. So much value.

Spurs just looking a level above all other teams.
                                                                                                            Fair play to Miami, Wade finally got his act together. Still think the Pacers will edge this series though.
                                                                                                            Lakers have had their chances, but I don't see any way back now. I think
                                                                                                            Boston-Sixers is staying tight, but nice finish to the 3rd quarter there, they should edge the series

Comment

Wade and Lebron going to town here on the Pacers. They need to get some stops and move the ball better and quicker in offense.

Comment

Crunch time for The Pacers tonight. Can only hope Wade and James aren't feeling it quite like they've been for the last couple of games.

Opr

Comment

Lumped on the heat at 11/10 when they were down 7 in the 1st quarter looks good 10 points up and Granger on 4 fouls and Wade playing class

Comment

Pacers rebounding better, shooting better but somehow end the third down nine cause because they can't stop turning over the ball cheaply. No problem with hard fought turnovers but it's one cheap turnover after another. Wade having an awesome game, some of the banks off the glass were ridiculously good.

Opr

Comment

Yeah turnovers are crazy I've always hated Barbosa but he exceptionally shite tonight, the Heat are just so unbalanced like LeBron literally plays every spot for them it would be scary how good they would be if he was left to play the 3 spot, get rid of Bosh get Nash and Kaman in the off season and they will untouchable next year

Comment

Wade was back to his best last night, which was more than enough against the Pacers who were just sloppy with their ball handling most of the game.

Why would Miami get rid of Bosh? Kaman is good but can't see that working. Heat need a point guard, but seems unlikely Nash would work. It's hard to find a top quality point guard who's happy to let Wade and Lebron handle the ball in all the pressure moments. Nash at Phoenix runs every play. He's one of the greatest ever but would he be happy going from top dog to number 3?

Big fan of Barbosa myself, but then I'm a Suns fan. Always liked his aggressiveness driving into the paint. Very talented player. Not great defensively, especially not against Wade, but he's impossible to defend against when he plays like that anyway.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by cardshark202; 25-05-12, 11:44.

Comment

Bosh is a scorer and that's not what the need ,they need a 10 rebound 2 block a game player and Bosh is a valuable disposable commodity, I thought he played decent this season should have be better considered for the all star team! Kaman has possibly the best footwork of any Center besides Bynum plus you will get him from the hornets easy enough and Nash would without doubt move to a championship team he's 38 the days of a team being built around him is over hes a perfect fit great passer ft and 3pt shooter who can create his own shot ideal for the Heat

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X