2.05pm Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle
    2.40pm Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle
    3.20pm Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeple Chase
    4.00pm Foxhunter Steeple Chase
    4.40pm Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle
    5.15pm Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Steeple Chase
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    A horse ran today called Pearl Castle. I have backed him at 25/1 for the Triumph Hurdle on foot of that run.
    I was having a sandwich in a pub with atr and they interviewed the trainers son pre-race. More or less said he was hopefull of a good run but was still learning. You would think he will be usefull when he gets the hang of it!

Comment

A horse ran today called Pearl Castle. I have backed him at 25/1 for the Triumph Hurdle on foot of that run.
      Likewise. Crazy price.

Comment

A horse ran today called Pearl Castle. I have backed him at 25/1 for the Triumph Hurdle on foot of GAB tip
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Are you confident he will go on better ground? Fairly hacked up today alright (drifted a bit too iirc) but a bit sticky i'd have thought today?

Comment

Gary Nutting (ATR) - Gold Cup Ante Post

Defending champion Bobs Worth and King George winner Silviniaco Conti are solid-looking market leaders but unlikely to be much shorter on the day so the challenge from a long-range perspective is to find a bit of each-way value.

Pick of the class options in my view is AL FEROF, who was probably beaten by the desperate ground rather than the trip when finishing third behind his stablemate and Cue Card in the Boxing Day showpiece.

The grey's pedigree suggests that three miles-plus ought to suit him and the way he stormed up the hill under a big weight to land last season's Paddy Power Gold Cup over 2m5f in soft ground would appear to lend some credence to that view.

Al Ferof, who gets another chance to test his staying credentials in the Denman Chase at Newbury this Saturday, can hardly be faulted on his Cheltenham record which also includes victory in the red-hot 2011 Supreme Novices' Hurdle.

AL FEROF CAN HARDLY BE FAULTED ON HIS CHELTENHAM RECORD WHICH ALSO INCLUDES VICTORY IN THE RED-HOT 2011 SUPREME NOVICES' HURDLE.

That course/festival form entitles him to loads of respect in whichever race he turns up in and while a switch to the Ryanair remains a possibility, victory at Newbury (for which he's a very warm 6-4 favourite) would make the Gold Cup hard to resist, for owner John Hales in particular.

HARRY TOPPER is officially rated 12lb below Al Ferof, and the best part of two stone behind Bobs Worth, but this dour stayer is just the type to make the frame at big odds in a race that often includes a surprise packet among the placed horses.

Kim Bailey's gelding is also Newbury-bound this weekend where the forceast heavy ground will play to his strengths, even if the flat three miles doesn't.

An extra quarter-mile round Cheltenham is sure to bring his stamina into play, especially if the ground remains testing, and he got in some valuable match practice at the track when third to The Giant Bolster (runner-up in the 2012 Gold Cup) in the Argento.

Harry Topper would have snatched second in another stride or two and was giving the winner 10lb, so emerges from that race as the best horse at the weights - some achievement considering he lost ground at quite a few obstacles through slow jumping.

Bailey will need to sharpen up the seven-year-old's technique but stamina and a never-say-die attitude can take you a long way in the Gold Cup and it's not too difficult seeing him outrun his current huge odds.

GARY'S RECOMMENDED BETS

BETFRED CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP (FRIDAY 14 MARCH)

1pt each-way AL FEROF (12-1 general)

0.5pt each-way HARRY TOPPER (50-1 general)

Comment

I see Last installment drifted today but won.Anyone see the race? Hows the Gold Cup docket looking?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                I see Last installment drifted today but won.Anyone see the race? Hows the Gold Cup docket looking?
                I'd love to have a docket for him with a big price on it

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                  I'd love to have a docket for him with a big price on it
                  Took him at 50s before Gowran after Strewel posted and I had a look. Also ew doubled him with Aklan in Supreme at 25s. Bro inlaws family own Aklan so hoping he'll go especially if Ruby plumps for him.

Comment

Took him at 50s before Gowran after Strewel posted and I had a look. Also ew doubled him with Aklan in Supreme at 25s. Bro inlaws family own Aklan so hoping he'll go especially if Ruby plumps for him.
                    Ruby will be riding that yoke today in the Supreme

Comment

Any news of Royal Irish Hussar in the triumph hurdle?
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                        Any news of Royal Irish Hussar in the triumph hurdle?
                        meh got the X mark due to lack of recent run with the dart landing on Guitar Pete @ 10/1 with ladbrokes,gwan dessie.
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Cue Card out injured.
                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Small e/w nibble on Nearest The Pin @ 33/1 in the grand annual,nrnb obv,apparently shark thinks a lot of him.
                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

briar hill in the AB will be one of my larger bets of the festival.

Would like GAB's opinion on him please.

Comment

have more on
                                On him at 4s, think he's at 3s now. Surely he will go off at 6/4 ?

Comment

Sorry If this was potentially already discussed, but is everyone getting stuck into Our Conor this year? Had my biggest ever bet on him last year purely on what was said in here!

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                    Sorry If this was potentially already discussed, but is everyone getting stuck into Our Conor this year? Had my biggest ever bet on him last year purely on what was said in here!
                                    Think he's a fantastic ew bet if you can get him bigger than 4's. Backed him ew at 5/1 a few weeks ago, great place value at 1/4 odds and considering the likely starting number of runners (< 8).
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Notice liam lennon has a few entered in for stratford on monday,tammys hill @ 7/1 in the foxhunter Chase with boyles could be worth a nibble with the ground drying out.
                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Someone do a Rain Dance for Last Installment there please

Comment

have more on
                                          11/4 now
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Not looking great, BBC forecast is currently showing every bit of rain forecast for between now and Monday dodging the immediate area although that is obviously very speculative. After that its expected to get sunny and warmer.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Not looking great dice,with First Lieutenant to be declared for the gold cup

Last Instalment and First Lieutenant will both be declared for Friday's Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup, according to Gigginstown House Stud's racing manager Eddie O'Leary.
                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Off to The Morgue tomorrow for pints (probably appropriate)

1) Tiger Roll E/W
                                                2) Montbazon E/W (Anay Turge E/W)
                                                3) Briar Hill Win ( thankfully on @3s)
                                                4) Last Installment (Please Run!)
                                                5) Harbour Court Win (Oscar Delta Win)
                                                6) Royal Regatta E/W
                                                7) His Excellency E/W

Couple of E/W Trebles on above too.

Any word on LI in the Gold Cup yet???
                                                Last edited by Dice75; 14-03-14, 10:23. Reason: Couple of late squad additions

Comment

feck off cheltenham im broke from thur

Comment

Any reason why Abbyssial is 16/1 tomorrow.

Looked good in fairyhouse, don't see good ground as problem.

I know Mullins doesn't really give a shit about the race but 16/1, Royal Irish Hussar looks overpriced also.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Who am i lumping on tomorrow chaps?..in a hole!

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                        Who am i lumping on tomorrow chaps?..in a hole!
                                                        A great line from the simpsons said by chief wiggum

Really can t see past Briar Hill in the AB but very skinny now. Double with Bobs Worth for a 7/1 shot?
                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 13-03-14, 18:44.

Comment

Silviniaco Conti and Briar Hill my two bets for tomorrow.

Comment

Bob's worth for the loots.

Comment

Full Shift and Bobs Worth for my loots tomorrow.

Comment

my loots on in gab we trust

Comment

Kings Palace is 2/1 in the w/o Briar Hill market on Betvictor lads, this is a serious rick imo, get on cos it aint going to last.

Comment

1:30 Royal Irish Hussar 9/1 ew. Pearl Castle 16/1 ew
                                                                    2:40 Briar Hill 3/1 win
                                                                    3:20 2/1 Bobs Worth win
                                                                    4:00 Tammys Hill. 6/1 win.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

13:30 - Pearl Castle 10/1
                                                                      14:05 - Never Enough Time 14/1
                                                                      14:40 - Kings Palace 10/3
                                                                      16:00 - On The Fringe 11/4

Comment

Geraghty was given a €200 free bet at a preview evening by Boylesports and stuck it on an each way double of Jezki and More of That, clicking 13k for the Injured Jockeys Fund!

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                          Geraghty was given a €200 free bet at a preview evening by Boylesports and stuck it on an each way double of Jezki and More of That, clicking 13k for the Injured Jockeys Fund!
                                                                          Is it not going on ireland to beat france over the weekend?
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Did ok today thanks to better staking plan

Bit tipsy so will go over again tomorrow, but here's the shortlist so far
                                                                            R1: Guitar Pete, Pearl Castle, Rutherglen - will decide tomorrow
                                                                            R2: Minella Foru, Anay Turge - decent bets here
                                                                            R3: Briar Hill, Kings Palace, Mosspark - will decide tomorrow
                                                                            R4: Bobs Worth - Banker
                                                                            R5: Harbour Court, Oscar Delta, Divine Intavention - I like the first one, and smaller bets on the other 2
                                                                            R6: Caid Du Berlais, Carlito Brigante - not too confident, tiny bets here if any
                                                                            R7: Mr Mole, His Excellency - decent e/w bets
                                                                            Last edited by RBBlogger; 14-03-14, 10:01.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                              briar hill in the AB will be one of my larger bets of the festival.

Would like GAB's opinion on him please.
                                                                              As quoted above waiting on this to get me out of the hole and add a nice lil profit.

Briar @4/1
                                                                              Broughton @12/1 ew
                                                                              Pearl Castle @14s ew
                                                                              Bobs worth

Harbour court and Bobs Worth Double
                                                                              Manilla foru and Pear castle EW double

EW Lucky 15
                                                                              Caid du Berlais
                                                                              Oscar Delta
                                                                              Tiger Roll
                                                                              Artic Fire

GL GL

Comment

#40
                                                                                Really fancy Thomas Crapper in the 4.40 tomorrow. Have an absolute shit load of money on him.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Did an accum yoke , only cost 2 e but I could win nearly 5k . picked mainly favourites so heres hoping!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                                                    Really fancy Thomas Crapper in the 4.40 tomorrow. Have an absolute shit load of money on him.
                                                                                    thought this was a joke at first

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                                                                      thought this was a joke at first
                                                                                      still is a joke just a shit one

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                                                        All over the crapper.

Picks for tomorrow:

Abbyssial
                                                                                        Never enough time
                                                                                        Kings Palace
                                                                                        Bobs Worth/First L
                                                                                        Not a clue
                                                                                        Thomas Crapper
                                                                                        Eastlake
                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                                          Is it not going on ireland to beat france over the weekend?
                                                                                          There was a press release from the IJF about the win so don't think so?

Briar Hill way too short Imo, I know it hasn't paid to oppose Willie's novices this week but he hasn't shown anything near the level of hurdling form shown by Faugheen, never mind Vautour. Also it's an unusually high standard Albert Bartlett; Deputy Dan and Champagne West would have placed in the Neptune imo and Kings Palace has already achieved an RPR higher than any previous AB winner.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Arctic Fire is the bet of the day.
                                                                                            Will run at around 5s tomorrow , got him 12s in January.
                                                                                            Stats don't justify form here, ran lovely in December but beaten by fancied Tullow Tank , finished 4th but could easy of won in better conditions.
                                                                                            Conditons will suit tomorrow . Can't see her beaten unless major mistake. Big stakes on at 12s and went back for more yesterday at 7s.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Anay Turge in the second looks good ew with 5 places.

Terrible day yesterday with all combos missing by one, but still slightly up overall mainly from lurking in, so logged in to say cheers keep the tips coming and BOL for tomorrow.

Also good luck to BB, RIP OC.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Anxiously awaiting GAB fridays Cheltenham thoughts and tips dam it, probably off rubbing 50s on tiddys.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Royal Irish Hussar, Minella Foru, Briar Hill, Bobs Worth, Mole Hill.
                                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    ok hoping for better results today

bobs worth + briar hill + oscar delta + full shift lucky 15

bobs + briar double
                                                                                                    bobs briar oscar treble
                                                                                                    singles on the 4 of above
                                                                                                    on the fringe + oscar delta 1-2 forcast 4.00

bets for day staying at home to watch here to better day frid

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Good days racing;

Broughton
                                                                                                      Arctic Fire
                                                                                                      Briar Hill
                                                                                                      Silviniaco Conti
                                                                                                      Harbour Court
                                                                                                      The Skyfarmer
                                                                                                      Ned Buntline

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        On the fringe...just got a text there..the ones you get at a quarter to 4 in the morning are usually good
                                                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          1.30 broughton + really like kentucky hyden ew at big price

2.05 arctic fire

2.40 briar hill

3.20 last instalment

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Have two ante post bets running into today,Guitar Pete @ 10/1 in the triumph & tammys hill @ 6/1 in the foxhunter,gone for a little e/w poke on Raya Star in the grand annual,good luck all.
                                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Told that PP said in shops that LI runs in the Gold Cup there a few mins ago, anyone else hear anything? Nothing on twitter yet #pleaserun

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                lucky 15

On the firinge
                                                                                                                bobs worth
                                                                                                                briar hill
                                                                                                                artic fire

tenner double

bobs worth
                                                                                                                artic fire
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  From the racing post: Last Instalment will take his chance in the Betfred Gold Cup. (10 mins ago)
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Where is that gimmeabreak chap? No idea what to back without his words of wisdom

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Where is that gimmeabreak chap? No idea what to back without his words of wisdom
                                                                                                                      patience
                                                                                                                      Enough to pay for two at the Chef's table please?
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Where is that Eire Abu chap? No idea what to back without his words of wisdom
                                                                                                                        FYP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X