No announcement yet.

The London Olympics betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another very generously priced fav going off in the 800m heats shortly is Pamela Jelimo. Really unbelievable price of 13/8 for somebody who is head and shoulders above everybody else in this.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
      Another very generously priced fav going off in the 800m heats shortly is Pamela Jelimo. Really unbelievable price of 13/8 for somebody who is head and shoulders above everybody else in this.
      Where can I find betting on this?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Attn Eagle Eye - T&F fancies for tonight please

Comment

Sorry was out playing golf. I'm sticking with Hejnova for tonights final of the 400m hurdles and of course Brittney Reese in the long jump. I missed out on the Javelin and I'd have had a little bet on Thorkildsen just because he has been such a champion.

I've a sneaking feeling that Robles hasn't shown us all he has in the locker in the 100m hurdles but I think Merritt is just too good anyways tbh. I was sure a year ago that we would be watching Richarson become Olympic Champion this year but it hasn't worked out that way.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

There you go, Brittney Reese one jump and its pretty much game over. Only one other person has jumped as far as that since the last Olympics and she isn't in this.

Comment

Ship it! One legal jump in six rounds and she wins it.

Comment

Thoughts on Bolt breaking 200m record 2mrw?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Thoughts on Bolt breaking 200m record 2mrw?
                    Seems a real possibility on the basis that he is running the 1st 100m at 9.63 and is determined to beat Blake (who has been running the second 100m part of 200m in record breaking time in the last 12 months apparently--well he has, it's a fact but can he repeat that while running the first 100m faster is the question i suppose).

Remember Blake ran 19.26 last year and the record is 19.19 (a time Bolt believed he could better, but will this be the time)

Now looking at the outrageous canter Bolt did the last 80m of his semi and winning at 20.18 it looks like one if not both of them go into this WR time territory.

2/1 was the price today (that either of them would break it) and I had some of it.

The track being fast can only help also.

Wouldnt be one bit surprised to see Bolt do 19.10 tommorrow (and Blake could surprise a few people aswell).

1 handy stat/info if that might help you make up your mind.

when Bolt did the 19.19 he did the first 100m part of that in exactly 19.58 (same as his WR for 100m) . now assuming he can only match his recent 9.63 you could conclude he will be outside his WR tomorrow but i think there is a real likelihood he will run the second part of that 200m faster than before especially given Blake will be pushing him closer than ever before).

Comment

^^^^^^^^
                      Took some of the 2/1 last night - see its into 7/4 now

Comment

I think he'll have to run a world record or extremely close to win this race. Blake is right at the top of his game, equaling his personal best in the 100 metres and his PB in the 200 was into a slight headwind so you'd imagine there's still room for improving on his 19.26. He's a bigger player in this event than he was in the 100 imo but you'd still give bolt a big edge.

Many experts prior to the championships where saying the weather in London wasn't condusice to fast sprint times but it didn't seem to be a big factor in the 100m, Bolt probably would have run the quickest time ever if he was faster out of the blocks.

Think we'll see something special tonight and wouldn't be shocked if both of them run faster than the current world record!
                        Profit before people.

Comment

like the jimmy magee cliche market on pp,lol at the fifty shades of bray @ 25/1,going with "Incredible scenes" at 14/1 for my tenner

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                            like the jimmy magee cliche market on pp,lol at the fifty shades of bray @ 25/1,going with "Incredible scenes" at 14/1 for my tenner

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/sports...grp_ids=776170
                            'world class' @ 10/1 looks decent enough

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              'world class' @ 10/1 looks decent enough
                              'Different Class' @ 20/1 ftw

Comment

hmm market seems to be gone now,wonder if there was a rush of money in the donnybrook branch
                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I think you guys are crazy betting on a world record. Blake has looked the more impressive through the heats and semis because Bolt hasn't done anything but basically jog the second half of his races. I think they will go low tonight but theres a full tenth of a second at least between what it will take to win it and a world record imo. I wouldn't be betting on it anyways but I'm not totally ruling it out. I just think that Bolt had to be breaking the 100m record if he was going to break this one.

Comment

mens triple jump final on in bit. there is a bit of value in will claye at 5/1.

Christain Taylor is fav , having finished first in qualifing claye finished in 7th but with 12 going tru it was a bit of a formality. he has beaten taylor this year and posted 17.70m which should be enough in this if he can repeat.

I think the wisest option here is to go e/w where a medal will cover that bet. not many in field that could take him off the podium. leevan took bronze in last olympics with his pb of 17.59m.

Comment

I think you guys are crazy betting on a world record. Blake has looked the more impressive through the heats and semis because Bolt hasn't done anything but basically jog the second half of his races. I think they will go low tonight but theres a full tenth of a second at least between what it will take to win it and a world record imo. I wouldn't be betting on it anyways but I'm not totally ruling it out. I just think that Bolt had to be breaking the 100m record if he was going to break this one.
                                      I DONT expect it to win but do think it's a bit more likely than 33% so 2/1 is good for me.

Bolt would not necessarily need to be breaking the 100m record to break the 200m record. That's a fallacy. If he can do in the region of 19.63 or under for the first 100m like he did a few days ago there is every chance he will do a faster second 100m than he's ever done before so based on this I reckon the likelihood of him going close tonight is fairly high.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                        mens triple jump final on in bit. there is a bit of value in will claye at 5/1.

Christain Taylor is fav , having finished first in qualifing claye finished in 7th but with 12 going tru it was a bit of a formality. he has beaten taylor this year and posted 17.70m which should be enough in this if he can repeat.

I think the wisest option here is to go e/w where a medal will cover that bet. not many in field that could take him off the podium. leevan took bronze in last olympics with his pb of 17.59m.
                                        yes i've done this too yesterday. it's a shot to nothing in my eyes. PP offering 5/1 e/w 1,2,3

note not all bookies are offering e/w on this so be careful. PP is ideal with basicallyy money back if he medals which is highly likely.

note: taylor looks to be jumping very sweet indeed but anything can happen an di reckon clay could possibly jump further than he has ever before so if for some reason taylor has an off day clay is definitely one of the next most likely to put in a winning jump.

Comment

Just layed Bolt €1500 to lose €250 and thats still leaving me with a major sweat on Bolt. I want him to win but it would kill me to make next to nothing out of my multiple.

Comment

did the winning dist over 0.15s

Comment

Just to clarify on this one. Allyson Felix in the 200m, Usain in the 200m, Sanya in the 400m, Jess in the Heptathlon and Sally in the 100m hurdles.
                                              Get the fuck in!

Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A couple from the olympic countdown thread on the sports forum on Boards
                                                Originally Posted by K_1
                                                Canoeing - mens 200m K1, Mark de Jonge is at 18/1 to win, despite posting a world record beating time in the Canadian Olympic Trials last month. You heard it here first!

Broke the OR in his heat only to have it rebroken in the next one. Looks good for a medal at least though...Semis at 11:15

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Originally Posted by K_1
                                                  Canoeing - mens 200m K1, Mark de Jonge is at 18/1 to win, despite posting a world record beating time in the Canadian Olympic Trials last month. You heard it here first!

Broke the OR in his heat only to have it rebroken in the next one. Looks good for a medal at least though...Semis at 11:15
                                                  Into 4/1 now. Gogogogog

Comment

do you not prefer laying the fav instead there? (he's at 3/5)

Comment

Have money on De Jonge since before the Olympics started..no liquidity on betfair either afaik.

Comment

Have money on De Jonge since before the Olympics started..no liquidity on betfair either afaik.
                                                        Got him at 20s for the gold, would be a nice touch.
                                                        Last edited by Keane; 10-08-12, 10:19.

Comment

Is it on anywhere with commentary?

Comment

Was on red button. He won the semi too. It's good craic to watch!

Comment

Excellent, when's the final?

Comment

Good man De Jonge. Think the finals are tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                  Excellent, when's the final?
                                                                  9:30 tomorrow morning. He'll struggle against McKeever I'd say but ya never know.

Comment

9.30am 2moro afaik. GL MdJ!

Comment

De Jonge's semi was faster so that's encouraging.

Comment

First X Dai, now Mark De Jonge IPB hero's. Gotta love minority sports betting at the Olympics

Comment

My only 2 bets of the whole thing!

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                Anywhere that would give a guide to today's boxing matches? - have a hankering to do something like a five-fold on short odds favourites
                                                                                Maximum of doubles on PP, cnuts

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                  why is there an A and B final? Is the B final a loser's parade?
                                                                                  ranking race

Comment

Do y'all not realise that multiple bets compound the over-round and are tremendously -EV?

Comment

Do y'all not realise that multiple bets compound the over-round and are tremendously -EV?
                                                                                      shhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                        Have a big (for me) accumulator on since before it began

Phelps win 100m Fly - 2/5
                                                                                        Brazil in footy - 6/4
                                                                                        Katie Taylor - 1/4
                                                                                        Usain Bolt 200m - 4/7

First two looking pretty good, i'm hoping Katie doesn't fuck the whole thing up for me
                                                                                        One time please Brazil for a very profitable Olympics!!!!

Comment

Eagle Eye - Thoughts on T&F tonight please?

Comment

USA double of 400m relay male and female. Evs.

Comment

Any chance you could give us some thought behind the bet and why it's value please.

Comment

got on the De Jonge bus a bit too late, didn't back him outright, but went for a small double with him and Dai.

I got a double each way, Dai was 1/5 at 33/1 and De Jonge was 1/4 at 14/1. What's my return is De Jonge wins or places? (It was €10 total stake and if both won it would have been returns of €2721)
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                  Any chance you could give us some thought behind the bet and why it's value please.
                                                                                                  Sorry no can do, tis just a punt

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                    Well the insight is that the women are 1/8 on with only Russia and Jamaica with a hope of catching them, and that's a slim hope.

USA ran 3.22.09 to qualify, with Russia 1 second behind in a SB and GB and Jamaica a further 2 seconds behind in SB times.

The men are best price 1/2 with Bahamas 13/5 and next in betting is Trinidad and Tobago at 25/1 with SJ

Both USA and Bahamas ran a seasons best of exactly the same time 2.58.87, which T&T setting a National Record of 3.00.38 to finish 3rd fastest. Didn't see the heats but i reckon USA didn't put out their final team

So evens on the men/women relays looks like a run money on titties scenario

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                      got on the De Jonge bus a bit too late, didn't back him outright, but went for a small double with him and Dai.

I got a double each way, Dai was 1/5 at 33/1 and De Jonge was 1/4 at 14/1. What's my return is De Jonge wins or places? (It was €10 total stake and if both won it would have been returns of €2721)
                                                                                                      €171

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                        €171
                                                                                                        ah ok, so a place and a win is the same as a place and a place
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Well the insight is that the women are 1/8 on with only Russia and Jamaica with a hope of catching them, and that's a slim hope.

USA ran 3.22.09 to qualify, with Russia 1 second behind in a SB and GB and Jamaica a further 2 seconds behind in SB times.

The men are best price 1/2 with Bahamas 13/5 and next in betting is Trinidad and Tobago at 25/1 with SJ

Both USA and Bahamas ran a seasons best of exactly the same time 2.58.87, which T&T setting a National Record of 3.00.38 to finish 3rd fastest. Didn't see the heats but i reckon USA didn't put out their final team

So evens on the men/women relays looks like a run money on titties scenario
                                                                                                          Well they are 1/8 now I guess so the bet outcome is looking positive. however, I've read in a few places today where tipsters are backing Bahamas for gold in the men's with all suggesting there are question marks over the USA so I was surprised to seem them tipped up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                            ah ok, so a place and a win is the same as a place and a place
                                                                                                            yep

Comment

The next three races back the favs in a treble. Pays around 2/1. Thats USA 100m women's relay, Aregawi in the womens 1500 and USA in 400m Men's Relay. Sorry to be so late.

Comment

Poxy Bahamas

Comment

Fair play to them though, great run, thought the US had it in the bag after the 3rd leg

Comment

nice tidy cuban boxer ramirez in flyweight. nice draw too can see him being in final and at 10/1( bet 365) is well worth a punt.

note for patriotic punters. micheal conlon is in this event too and they may well meet
                                                                                                                    this looks nailed on now. probably wont even lock in profit and take the sweat in the final. or maybe i will do the sensible thing for a change.

Comment

this looks nailed on now. probably wont even lock in profit and take the sweat in the final. or maybe i will do the sensible thing for a change.
                                                                                                                      Fuck, forgot all about this, softens the blow of the Conlan defeat a bit, good man mugsy

Comment

De Jonge only finishes 3rd with McKeever taking the gold

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X