Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker World Championships sweepstakes (with a difference)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole thing about someone getting to pick Willaims from nowhere, and noone having O Brine is total fucking bullshit. I'm not saying its your fault Tony, but its a fucking joke that thsi fucking busto fish enters and then cant pay up $40 dollars, and then fucks up the whole thing for everyone else

In fact I kind of change my mind, it is kind of your fault, because your shouldnt have taken the promise of such a busto fish for the money

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
      This whole thing about someone getting to pick Willaims from nowhere, and noone having O Brine is total fucking bullshit. I'm not saying its your fault Tony, but its a fucking joke that thsi fucking busto fish enters and then cant pay up $40 dollars, and then fucks up the whole thing for everyone else

In fact I kind of change my mind, it is kind of your fault, because your shouldnt have taken the promise of such a busto fish for the money
      It does fuck it up a little but not really Tony's fault. I don't understand why but alot of people seem to think that DBC is not a little weasel busto retard anymore, Tony was obviously one of these believers and was too nice to tell him to just fook off. The sooner the inevitable happens and he is site banned the better for everyone.

When you look on the thread to see that you got the bottom ranked player in the field and then the next page someone able to just "buy" a top player like Williams leaves a sour taste to be fair.

Its a good idea to have an interest in the snooker though and none of this would have been organised if it wasnt for Tony and Aya giving up their time so I thank them for that.

Now Shortstack, whats your stars username and I will ship the $15?

Comment

Hi Gavin,

Right, i've organised a ton of events on here/boards over the last few years that involve people having to transfer cash left, right and centre. Numerous headsup leagues/cups/BCOOPs/sweeps etc etc.

I have always been willing to give people a little extra time to pay up when they seem to be struggling and have given me a promise. I reckon i've been involved in escrowing over $30k in bets and while it's hard to find a happy medium, i don't think i'm managed to make too many bad decisions or piss anyone off too much in the process.

I really wanted EddieDurking to pay his fkin entry, because whatever he thinks about himself, i thought it would look really bad for him and didn't want to kick him while he was down. It is not a groundbreaking some of money, and i didn't see how he couldn't pay it.

Up until the tournament started, there was still 3/4 that hadn't quite paid in time. I offered to look after them myself and they can fix me up later, but they all went that extra bit and got the money transferred in time, apart from Chris.

I'm more pissed off than anyone else, trust me, but what you say about Williams is total bullshit. Before the tournament started, i posted lots of times in the thread and sent numerous PMs ( which i will post because it's make me look like a fool ). I said his 2 players would become available to the first 2 people that wanted to get in. I never, ever said once that a person can select which player they want, i said it would a random draw.

There's 12 players that had 2 picks, it's just a chance for someone else to get involved. Ciaran was the first person to ask for a 2nd pick, and no-one has since asked for the 2nd player. How you can say he fked it up is beyond me. I'm sure Ciaran won't mind giving his 2nd horse back and i'll transfer him back the funds if it's going to upset you so much. It's only a bit of fcking fun to keep people interested throughout the tournament and winning or losing is hardly going to change anyones life forever.

If you don't want to take part, i'll happily refund your entry fee and leave your picks idle.

I'm pissed off over the whole Eddie Durkin thing on this forum, and despite 100% knowing he wouldn't pay, i took his promises and his swears as face value because i honeslty didn't think anyone would fuck me around when i gave him every opportunity to get out.

Thanks for what you said Eoghan. Cheers mate

For the record, just so you know that i'm not taking the piss, i really tried behind the scenes to get the funds off him, and as much as i had no intention of posting any PMs, i'm doing it so show how much of a ride i was taken for.

16/4/10 12:06

heya Tony,

Been running around trying to get things sorted for this prop bet thing so had no time at all to deposit. Ill try and get it sorted before i start my prop bet. is that ok?
        Originally Posted by Flushdraw
        I dont want to piss people off by allowing people in that havent paid. Will hold off til tonight if you can get it sorted or get someone to pay for you.

Tony
        16/4/10 15:41

it will be in his account 100% tomorrow. i dont want people thinking im not paying because i didnt get great draws. trust me it will be in!
        Chris,

PM me when this is complete. I need it done today because its already way overdue.

Tony
        heya tony. im only after lodging into ciarans PP acc! theres no boyles close to me and im kinda busy. Will do it for you tomorrow mate first thing as soon as the shops open. just post today that its been done.

i wont let you down

chris
        Chris,

Not a chance will i post that its done. You've said that it will be done by 3 different deadlines, and now this is a 4th. IN all fairness, could you not have lodged an extra $40 into ciarans account??

I dont think there's a chance that you'll get this done tomorrow. It is Sunday and then you're into your prop bet. Will have to let the players go if its not done in the next hour or so. I'm not taking the hit for this one.

Tony
        17/4/10 12:17

NOO lol. If id have thought then yeh id have lodged it into ciarans. I will have time in the morning to do it tony. trust me. Im saying it will be 100% done. Dont post that its been done, just dont post about it.

i dont want people thinking i backed out cause of the picks i got. If i get a chance i will do it this evening but if not then deffo tomorrow morning. Ill even swear on my mums life!
        Ok then. PM me by 12 in the morning to say its done. You got a former wolrd champion and a contender this year ffs, why wouldnt you want those picks.

Let me know when its done. Cheers

Tony
        17/4/10 12:53

Cheers!

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for that post but you didnt need to go to that effort. No one for a second could be pissed off with you after the amount of time you put into organising things both here and on boards.

You obviously realise now that ED is just a disaster and cant be trusted with anything he says. The sooner more people realise the better.

This is just a bit of fun to have an interest in watching the snooker and yourself and Aya did a great job making it happen.

I hope this wont deter you from organising other sweeps and the likes as the boards would be a worse place for it.

Comment

lol busto?

Ive also offered to pay for fergals and williams losses WITHOUT taking any winnings so stop throwing toys out of your pram valor.

Comment

Valor you are taking this too serious imo, this sweep was meant to be a bit of fun.

Now Tony did put it out there in previous posts that should Eddie not escrow his players become available. We get 1 person expressing interest. If 2 or more had shown interest then a random draw would have been done. There isn't much more Tony could have done you can see the PM's that went on between him and Eddie.

Tony about shipping back to Ciaran its too late I spent all the loots on hookers and coke and am now waiting for Shannon airport to re-open.

Bon Voyage

Also last point Eddie should never be allowed enter a sweep again taking up space and causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                lol busto?

Ive also offered to pay for fergals and williams losses WITHOUT taking any winnings so stop throwing toys out of your pram valor.
                You offered to take two horses in this too and never did after LOADS of chances so what makes you think we should believe you when you say this?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                  Did Ciaran take Wiliams? If not then wolves can just ship 15 to the person that slaughters poor Fergal. I will still provide 20 to the overall winner or runnerup.
                  God you're some piece of work. I won't be shipping anything for Fergal that's for sure.

Ciaran PM me stars details for Williams.

Also I won't be entering any more sweepstakes that this idiot is allowed into whether he has paid or not. Hopefully others will do this too.

Comment

No problem at all giving the second horse back.

I only took it as I didnt want to see anyone stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                      No problem at all giving the second horse back.

I only took it as I didnt want to see anyone stuck.
                      Nah he's yours now. You get $15 off me anyway but can't see him winning it the way he played yesterday.

Comment

Was a bit drunk when I posted that, so apologies for any insult

I do appreciate what the organisation, the thing that mostly pisses me off is
                        "and despite 100% knowing he wouldn't pay,". I mean everybody knew that, so he just should not have been allowed in

I'm not saying Ciaran shouldnt taken Williams, or I dont want to take part, I'm just saying it fucks it up a bit and takes away a decent bit of the fun, when you know there's someone involved in the game who almost certainly wont pay up to start with, and then what if you get drawn against him? I'm not chasing up $15, but I dont want to get fucked out of it either

/rant

Comment

Also,

"Ding Junhui needs only two frames to reach the second round of the World Championship after storming into an 8-1 lead over Stuart Pettman."

Anywhere online I can watch the snooker given I'm not in UK and cant use BBC?
                          Last edited by Valor; 20-04-10, 22:50.

Comment

Also,

"Ding Junhui needs only two frames to reach the second round of the World Championship after storming into an 8-1 lead over Stuart Pettman."

Anywhere online I can watch the snooker given I'm not in UK and cant use BBC?
                            Eurosport?

Comment

Found somewhere from someone in BBV that streams it online cheers

Comment

White Knight your S.Davis beat M.King let me know where you want the $15 shipped to.

Comment

tony / aya, if you need to keep track i have recieved $15 from rattled77 for ronnies 1st round win

Comment

Good result for my 2 horses in the 1st round ...

I think my opponents owe me:

Luckysparky on stars or tilt or pm if anywhere else suits ...

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                      Good result for my 2 horses in the 1st round ...

I think my opponents owe me:

Luckysparky on stars or tilt or pm if anywhere else suits ...

$30 shipped on ftp, why did I owe 30 again?

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                        $30 shipped on ftp
                                        Cheers!

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                        why did I owe 30 again?
                                        Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

The loser of each tie, will send the winner $15. If the losing player has a higher rank than the winning player, this must be doubled to $30. As each player can only lose once, the max spend is $20 entry fee + $30 match loss.

e.g

John Higgins (1) v Barry Hawkins (17)

Mark King (16) v Steve Davis (23)

if Higgins beats Hawkins and Davis beats King, then Hawkins owed Higgins $15 and King owes Davis $30

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          ok - i shipped Valor $15 on FTP yesterday.

Who was my other donkey and who do I owe money to?

FU Tony for setting this up imo.
                                          greene is your other donkey playing mine at the minute. match isn't over yet

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            ok - i shipped Valor $15 on FTP yesterday.

Who was my other donkey and who do I owe money to?

FU Tony for setting this up imo.
                                            nervous finish from 8 1 up took it down 10-7

can you ship on stars or do you prefer full tilt. let me know and i'll give you my sn.

Comment

Neil Robertson (Aus) 10-5 Fergal O'Brien (Ire)

So what's happening here?

Comment

lol gl

I received from noel and Ianmc, looks like I ran pretty well in this draw, didnt realise Din was one of favs

Comment

I'm not 100% sure who's paid who, so if anyone wants to confirm, i'll update the below. I've put in PAID for people i'm 100% sure of.

2nd round draw

Last edited by Flushdraw; 24-04-10, 16:41.

Comment

Irish Iron -v- Ianmc38 = paid

Comment

Paid to Ciaran.

Comment

Paid to Rattled

DBC has asked me to post and ask HiCloy to PM me his PP username so he can transfer the $15*.

*I accept no responsibility whatsoever for payment of this transaction

Comment

Go on the Graeme Dott. Ship ship. Who has Maguire?
                                                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                            Go on the Graeme Dott. Ship ship. Who has Maguire?
                                                            This lad has a big chance of earning you a few more quid

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                              This lad has a big chance of earning you a few more quid
                                                              He could hardly get out of bed a year ago; suffered a massive bout of depression & was close to packing the game in completely.

He's certainly turned things around for himself...

Comment

Graeme Dott wants to go into property when he is all grown up

Comment

Graeme Dott wants to go into property when he is all grown up

I remember being at a Steve Davis exhibition one night and he was having the craic with a few jokes for the crowd. He said his favourite memory from the crucible finals was when Graham Dott won it, and then went for a swim in the cup. I lolled quite hard.

Connie

Comment

PL you can ship $30 to ianmc999 on Stars!

Cheers.

Comment

Monies shipped to Valor and White Knight through stars, best of luck in the rest of it lads.

Comment

Received from Vamos. Now I just need Ding to run hot. 2 horses in the final would be fairly sweet

Comment

received from Noel. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                            Ronnie and ebdon is pretty solid, il take that
                                                                            PM me your stars details please.

Comment

Rattled77 - send me your details and I will ship $15

This S. Davis lad aint half bad ...

Comment

Lads,

If i've missed an update on the table, let me know and i'll fix it up.

P_L,

As per PM, no funds on FullTilt, so let me know if Stars/Boyles or another ipoker account is good

Last edited by Flushdraw; 26-04-10, 23:02.

Comment

Shipped to Vamos, sorry for delay.

2 players in top 16 both knocked out first round FML.

Comment

Eoghan104 has paid me for Hendry's first round win. Whoever has Selby please let me know best way to ship to you by PM (Stars/GJP/Moneybookers/Boyles).
                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                    www.d4events.com

Comment

Shrapnel send me ur details for the Murphy/Ding match

Comment

sorry ian, only looked at this thread now, i'll ship it today/tomorrow

Lads,

If i've missed an update on the table, let me know and i'll fix it up.

P_L,

As per PM, no funds on FullTilt, so let me know if Stars/Boyles or another ipoker account is good
                                                                                        sorry i didn't get back to you, flynns5 on stars would be great thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                                                                          Eoghan104 has paid me for Hendry's first round win. Whoever has Selby please let me know best way to ship to you by PM (Stars/GJP/Moneybookers/Boyles).
                                                                                          That would be me stars would be cool Mike. FlushdrawIRE

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post

sorry i didn't get back to you, flynns5 on stars would be great thanks!
                                                                                          shipped

Comment

That would be me stars would be cool Mike. FlushdrawIRE
                                                                                            Shipped.
                                                                                            sigpic
                                                                                            www.d4events.com

Comment

Paid Shrapnel

Comment

Ship ship. Gav, you can ship that $15 loan back to ianmc999 on Stars with the interest. Woop d Woop. Dott ftw imo

Comment

Last edited by Flushdraw; 28-04-10, 22:26.

Comment

tony should it not be dott $30?

ian

Comment

fucking Graeme Dott i hate that guy, I'm not paying

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                                                                        tony should it not be dott $30?

ian
                                                                                                        Yep it should. Updated now

Comment

ali carter v joe perry paid by white knight

Comment

Good stuff MrSelby.

IrishIron $30 for the pleasure. Would prefer FullTilt, but if not, let me know where you have funds

Comment

can whoever has ali carter let me know their details for payment? would prefer Full tilt but can do stars too.

Comment

HiCloy let me know your details for shippage

Comment

I have no confirmation of the following bets being paid. Can someone confirm and i'll remove it and update the table

Round 1

EddieDurkin owes HiCloy $15 (Robertson)
                                                                                                                  zuutroy owes White Knight $15 (Perry)

Round 2

phantom_lord owes Ianmc38 $30 (Dott)
                                                                                                                  Ciara_Corbett owes IrishIron $15 (O Sullivan)

QF

White Knight owes HiCloy $15 (Robertson)
                                                                                                                  shrapnel owes Rattled77 $30 (Carter)
                                                                                                                  valor owes Ianmc38 $30 (Dott)
                                                                                                                  IrishIron owed Flushdraw $30 (Selby)

Comment

$hipped to Irish Iron

Comment

Sent to White Knight, sorry for delay. Totally forgot I was in this.

Comment

1/4 final paid by schrapnel. ali carter v shaun murphy

Comment

Ship ship mcgipp. Tony you can send to tiltin fish on Full Tilt or ianmc999 on Stars.

Also, Phantom_lord you can ship to the same as well.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X