Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker World Championships sweepstakes (with a difference)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken,

I lodged €15 into your botles account last night. Thanks for taking all the money and thanks to Tony for organising.

Good Luck all.

Comment

$20 shipped on stars.

Comment

€15 shipped Boyles - ColinCalderwood
        sigpic
        www.d4events.com

Comment

Cheers lads,

Just waiting on Eddie Durkin. If he 100% guarantees he will pay, i'll do the draw asap.

Comment

I put up this post on boards, here

Originally posted by Flushdraw
            Ok so this is the draw for the Snooker Sweepstakes for the 2010 World Championships. There are 20 players involved and between them, they have taken all 32 players. Group A is the name of the boardsie and they are assigned a number based on when they have shown interest. Group B are the snooker players, and they have been randomly sorted in order, and randomly given a number between 1 and 32

Group A

1. Flushdraw
            2. Wolves
            3. Eddie Durkin
            4. Gimmeabreak
            5. HiCloy
            6. White Knight
            7. aya14
            8. ianmc38
            9. Eoghan104
            10. Ciaran_Corbett
            11. Silver Tiger
            12. shrapnel
            13. zuutroy
            14. Rattled77
            15. shortstack
            16. Irish Iron
            17. Valor
            18. Phantom_Lord
            19. MrsFlushdraw
            20. Vamos
            21. Flushdraw
            22. Eddie Durkin
            23. Gimmeabreak
            24. HiCloy
            25. White Knight
            26. aya14
            27. Ianmc38
            28. Rattled77
            29, Irish Iron
            30. Valor
            31. Phantom_Lord
            32. Vamos

Group B

I am going to post in the BBV of IPB and ask people to put the numbers 1-32 into a random order. Hopefully we will get a few people helping us out. The first list of random numbers that are posted, will be the boardsies ID. The 2nd list of numbers posted will indicate the snooker player they have drawn.

Anyone who posts a list of numbers that is not deemed randomised, will be ignored and i will move onto the next list.

An exmaple of the draw would be Boardsie 1 posts 12,5,17 etc
            Boardsie 2 posts 4,32,16 etc

So we would have...

12. Shrapnel gets 4. Tom Ford
            5. HiCloy gets 32. Mark Davis
            17. Valor gets 16. Peter Ebdon
            then i put up this post in the BBV

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            I need a favour.

I need someone (well 2 people) to post the numbers 1-32 in a random order. Use excel or a random number generator or whatever, but just randomise and stick up the numbers 1-32 only please.

It's for the snooker sweepstake draw, and i'll post details here once we have 2 random lists.

Thank you!

Oh and please post them in a vertical list if you can....tyty
            I then got a reply from phantom_lord

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
            then this post by New Approach..

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            which gives us a draw of...

Comment

First game is Saturday 17th April..

Comment

Should i not have got Ali Carter and Ding Junhi?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                  Should i not have got Ali Carter and Ding Junhi?
                  Nope. Your number was drawn 18th, so you got the snooker player number 18 on the list.

Your second player was worked out the same.

Comment

Nope
                    Explain how it was drawn then please. In simple person terms

Comment

Nope. Your number was drawn 18th, so you got the snooker player number 18 on the list.

Your second player was worked out the same.
                      But 18 is Neil Robertson

Comment

Explain how it was drawn then please. In simple person terms
                        It's not that hard to follow...

You were all given a number between 1-32. These numbers were drawn randomly.

You were drawn 18th out of the virtual hat.

Snooker players were all given a number between 1-32. There numbers were drawn randomly.

You were paired with the person drawn 18th out of the virtual hat.

Same for me, i was number 1 but drawn last from the hat, so i was number 32

I was paired with the snooker player drawn last from the hat, Stephen Lee

Comment

But 18 is Neil Robertson
                          But its not! It was made to be completely random.

Neil Robertsons ID was number 18, but number 18 was drawn 12th...so he's the horse for the player that was drawn 12th from the hat..ie HiCloy

Comment

Ah yeh i get it now.

We can safely say im fucked by the draw lol. But i haven't escrowed yet

EDIT - I could have leveled you a bit longer Tony about the draw but i decided against it You where getting a bit flustered!
                            Last edited by Guest; 15-04-10, 00:34.

Comment

But i haven't escrowed yet
                              Baboom tish!

Comment

Ah yeh i get it now.

We can safely say im fucked by the draw lol. But i haven't escrowed yet

EDIT - I could have leveled you a bit longer Tony about the draw but i decided against it You where getting a bit flustered!
                                Your blessed, you got the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                  Your blessed, you got the winner
                                  Can't see Fergal doing it tbh..

Comment

Ronnie and ebdon is pretty solid, il take that

Comment

Will ship b4 Thurs 8pm
                                      Cheers lads,

Just waiting on Eddie Durkin. If he 100% guarantees he will pay, i'll do the draw asap.
                                      Just waiting on this money, then we have everyone paid up

Comment

Just waiting on this money, then we have everyone paid up
                                        Sorry! Been busy and the only Boyles shops up north are in Newry which im not near. Im heading down to Dublin tonight so will lodge into his Boyles account before lucnhtime tomorrow if that ok.

Ive took his name/account details down.

Comment

Sorry! Been busy and the only Boyles shops up north are in Newry which im not near. Im heading down to Dublin tonight so will lodge into his Boyles account before lucnhtime tomorrow if that ok.

Ive took his name/account details down.
                                          Yeah we'll leave it til tomorrow lunchtime. Just want to try and have everything boxed off before it kicks off on Saturday.

Comment

sickly rigged draw
                                            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                              sickly rigged draw
                                              +1. Like watching the old snooker but never heard of my guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                                                +1. Like watching the old snooker but never heard of my guy.
                                                And hes gonna cost you aswell, Williams is the Champion in waiting

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                  sickly rigged draw
                                                  I know! There's no many people in the list that can draw a former World Champion. You run so good!

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  wtf - are my lads the referees? never heard of either of them.
                                                  LOL my heart does go out to you Noel. You deffo got the short end of the straw!

Comment

Can't see Fergal doing it tbh..
                                                    He's my best mate. I'm gonna be over there on Tue/Wed. Will pass on your best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                      He's my best mate. I'm gonna be over there on Tue/Wed. Will pass on your best wishes
                                                      If Fergal gets through the 1st round, it will be a huge result for him. His folks could do with some new posters to go on the wall of the Brenfer shop! Fingers crossed for him

Comment

If Fergal gets through the 1st round, it will be a huge result for him. His folks could do with some new posters to go on the wall of the Brenfer shop! Fingers crossed for him
                                                        The big result was winning his first round match (final qualifier); it's the biggest match of the season for any pro as the points difference for winning v losing is massive due to the way the rankings work. He's secured his ranking and he's free rolling in Sheffield TBH. I fully expect him to beat Robertson.

I'm actually gonna be in Brenfer today sorting out a problem on his dad's computer so will get him to get some more recent (baldy ) pics of him up FTW...

My double for next week is Fergal & Ken to win at a combined almost 16/1. Fergals in great form; been practicing with Ken lots and last 2 days up north with Mark Allen.

Looking forward to Sheffield this year. Feeling it's gonna be a good one...

Comment

Patriotism, the sure way to an empty wallet.

FOB will get caned by Robertson, and Ken albeit to a lesser extent probably will also recieved a hiding from Selby.

Comment

Is it too late to get in on this, I've like to back Dickie Rock.

Comment

Willie, you can have Fergal for $10

Comment

Lads,

This kicks off tomorrow. There's been enough time given for everyone to transfer funds, and i need it all transferre before kick off.

There's 2 places opened up that havent been paid, and they won't be paid before Saturday.

Mark Williams and Fergal O Brien.

If someone wants to take a player, i need funds transferred by midnight tonight or else the players will return to the original pick. Anyone who has 2 previus picks may not choose a 3rd, but someone wil 1 pick, may choose another. This is also open to people who have not been included first time around.

Bare in mind, if you wish to take one of the remaining 2 spots, the snooker players will be chosen at RANDOM for you, so there's no point saying that you take Williams!

Edit...Will give til midnight tonight for ED to transfer funds. I'm too much of a pushover....
                                                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 16-04-10, 13:05.

Comment

Willie, you can have Fergal for $10
                                                                  busto?

Comment

so rigged

Comment

Tony I'll give you $20 for Williams. I'll transfer the funds when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                        Tony I'll give you $20 for Williams. I'll transfer the funds when I get home.
                                                                        Reading comprehension FTW

Comment

Reading comprehension FTW
                                                                          Obv a wind up

I'll take another if theres one going

Comment

Obv a wind up

I'll take another if theres one going
                                                                            I know I know :-) You're booked tho if it Ed doesnt pay up

Comment

#98
                                                                              lol @ noels draw

Comment

#99
                                                                                what happened with eddies 2 picks?

Comment

^^^^ Havent seen the results but i'll still take the one I offered to take yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
                                                                                    what happened with eddies 2 picks?
                                                                                    He has his very last chance to send the money by 12pm tomorrow. If it's not in 1 of ayas accounts by that stage, his picks will be released and i've pointed this out a couple of times so he knows the score.

^^^^ Havent seen the results but i'll still take the one I offered to take yesterday
                                                                                    Ciaran has 1, and the other will be up for grabs

Comment

Shipped the $20 to Aya on Stars

Comment

Back off Corbett

Williams is mine

So is Fergal fwiw

Comment

"Star of the day in Sheffield was Mark Allen, who just missed a maximum 147, ending the day 8-1 up against Tom Ford. "

GO on my son, looks like IanMc owes me $15

Comment

Back off Corbett

Williams is mine

So is Fergal fwiw
                                                                                            Did you ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                              "Star of the day in Sheffield was Mark Allen, who just missed a maximum 147, ending the day 8-1 up against Tom Ford. "

GO on my son, looks like IanMc owes me $15
                                                                                              First blook today to Ford. Back in it at only 8-2 down

Did you ship?
                                                                                              He has 90 minutes left or else 1 of the players is yours

Comment

He has 90 minutes left or else 1 of the players is yours
                                                                                                Chris,

Can you confirm if you did or didnt pay this morning?

Comment

Chris,

Can you confirm if you did or didnt pay this morning?
                                                                                                  Sorry Tony. Ive been in bed most of the day and don't plan to get out. Ciaran can have Williams. If noone takes Fergal i will ship $15 to whoever beats him and also an extra $20 to the eventual winner. Even if someone does take Fergal ill still ship $20 to the winner. Sorry about that Tony. You were obv right that i wouldn't get time today! rollseyes*

Comment

So Silver Tiger owes me $15 for Selby beating Doherty and Ianmc owes Valor $15 for Allen beating Ford.

I'm not going to post every result, so it's up to the players involved to sort out the transfers.

Silver Tiger, PM me with whatever account you want to use for transfer and i'll give you details.

Eddie Durkins 2 players are up for grabs.

Ciaran_Corbett has taken the first 1, so if anyone wants the 2nd one, post here.

I'll do a random draw either before i leave for Dublin or when i get home.

Comment

John Higgins (Sco) 10-6 Barry Hawkins (Eng)

So I owe Vamos $15, PM me transfer details

Comment

PM Sent Flushdraw.

Comment

Mark Williams now belongs to Ciaran Corbett

If anyone wants a piece of Fergal O Brien, post here and then ship funds asap and he's yours

Comment

Funds shipped Tony.

Thanks a lot for organising. Wish i got longer out of it

Regardless of how Durkin gets on in the other thing he should 100% never be allowed in a sweepstake again. Disgrace that he could not get the $60 up within two weeks. You can bet your arse that if he had of drew the rocket and Selby the money would have appeared and now the owner of Robertson is gonna get shafted.

GL to everyone left in. Should be a good couple of weeks of snooker.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              Funds shipped Tony.

Thanks a lot for organising. Wish i got longer out of it

Regardless of how Durkin gets on in the other thing he should 100% never be allowed in a sweepstake again. Disgrace that he could not get the $60 up within two weeks. You can bet your arse that if he had of drew the rocket and Selby the money would have appeared and now the owner of Robertson is gonna get shafted.

GL to everyone left in. Should be a good couple of weeks of snooker.
                                                                                                              I've organised quite a few events on here that required escrowing money before it kicks off, and Eddie will admit, i gave him so much time and allowance to get funds transferred hoping he would, despite basically knowing i wouldn't get them in time. I really wanted all money transferred before the toruney kicks off but meh. It was actually only $30 he needed to transfer.

In fairness, if he sticks to his word, he has said that he will ship the $15 to whoever beats Fergal regardless of whether someone has taken Fergal off his hands.

Comment

The first semi-upset sees Gould beat Marco Fu 10-9 which sees phantom_lord having to ship MrsFlushdraw $30

Wahoooo nappies for the baby FTW!

Comment

when/if i owe somebody money relating to this will you please PM me.

I refuse to read this thread in an act of protest at Flushdraws rigging of the 'random' draw.
                                                                                                                  + 1000

please PM me who I owe money too. Cheers.

Comment

The first semi-upset sees Gould beat Marco Fu 10-9 which sees phantom_lord having to ship MrsFlushdraw $30

Wahoooo nappies for the baby FTW!
                                                                                                                    What??? feck nappies lol lol. Go and get me hair done

Comment

when/if i owe somebody money relating to this will you please PM me.

I refuse to read this thread in an act of protest at Flushdraws rigging of the 'random' draw.
                                                                                                                      1600km in a car and a trip around Europe has really fried your brain :-))

If Gould can beat Fu, and Zhang lets a 9-7 lead slip against Hendry, anything can happen! Don't give up hope! I have to cheer on Piggy Lee ffs!

Comment

Wp Stephen Hendry. I believe someone is due me monies! PM with your preferred transfer method and I will send you screename or details. GJP/Boyles/stars/Moneybookers are preferred
                                                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                                                        www.d4events.com

Comment

Did Ciaran take Wiliams? If not then wolves can just ship 15 to the person that slaughters poor Fergal. I will still provide 20 to the overall winner or runnerup.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X