Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at that commentary:wtf:

Irish slowing down the game, fiddley Di, fiddley Di, potato!

Comment

Aus have really kicked it up a notch in the second half.

Sexton's jammy conversion could end up being the difference here!

Comment

Grandstand finish... can't bring myself to look at the market
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Oooooh Baby

Comment

Roll on Japan

Comment

Unreal series. 3 great games. Australia play some really nice rugby.

Comment

Cracker. John Ryan, herring, Beirne, Jordi all out there bringing it home. Great test, series and season. Lots of players are going to come on hugely from this.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The scrum was miles better with Ryan at TH. Surprised (pleasantly)

Thought Stander had a huge game.

Comment

...Always weird switching from Rugby to Soccer on tv... Twice in first ten minutes I commented either forward pass or how did he not catch it...Happens every time lol...Great 3rd test though, didn't think we would hold on last 15 minutes, and was shouting to put it in the corner instead of final penalty...

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                      Cracker. John Ryan, herring, Beirne, Jordi all out there bringing it home. Great test, series and season. Lots of players are going to come on hugely from this.
                      They all need a holiday after that....
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Lol, POM was totally not prepared for that speach... must still be concussed.
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post

Jeez cruises and moving into homes for the knackered. IPB where have the years gone you old goats.
                          Spambots listening - Hair Replacement & Knee replacements incoming.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            Your forwards and the work they get through is unreal, but don't you feel your back line play is just too one dimensional and toothless? You control games and territory brilliantly, but you just have no invention out wide. In this whole series your backs have only scored one try. I'd be curious to see how many line breaks were made by 11 14 15.

It just feels like the whole set up is purely based on controlling territory and getting Johnny in range for penalties.

Comment

Why was Carberry not on the bench?
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                Your forwards and the work they get through is unreal, but don't you feel your back line play is just too one dimensional and toothless? You control games and territory brilliantly, but you just have no invention out wide. In this whole series your backs have only scored one try. I'd be curious to see how many line breaks were made by 11 14 15.

It just feels like the whole set up is purely based on controlling territory and getting Johnny in range for penalties.
                                No 9 team in the world telling clear No 2 how to play the game. Gold.

Comment

WTF with people calling the Saturday meeting at Ascot 'Royal'?

Things going to hell since Brexit imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I think Ringrose is vital to give us some subtly in the back play. Or Larmour ahead of Rob at fullback. We need to evolve a bit for sure but in an end of season cup game I wouldn’t be changing it. Next season let’s see where we grow.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    Why was Carberry not on the bench?
                                    Giving Byrne a go but the game didn’t allow him a run on.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

No 9 team in the world telling clear No 2 how to play the game. Gold.
                                      Lol. Let’s not get too arrogant.

Anyway France are 5th imo. Ignore the ranking system.

For me it’s currently.

NZ
                                      Ire
                                      Wales
                                      Aus
                                      France
                                      SA
                                      England

Comment

Its been a Royal racecard since about 2006 - Time moves on old man, keep up.
                                        Races like the Windsor Castle Stakes and Diamond Jubilee stakes should be the clue.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Queen rocked up with none less than WPM and Jackie arriving by carriage with her.

Speaking of elderly people and sporting events, I'm heading down to BCB country to pick up a 90 year old relative who is a Longford man to bring him to the Kildare v Longford game. I called him yesterday to offer to bring him and he was a bit hesitant about going. He called me back a couple of hours later to say he'd love to go, turns out he thought the game was on Sunday and he's booked to play 18 holes at kileen Castle on Sunday morning and was worried he wouldn't fit both in!

Comment

If SP is watching the racing he will be picking up the uncle with a horn on

SPOILER
                                              Helen Mirren handing out the prizes

Comment

Monaghan 5-21 Waterford 0-9. Sam Maguire dream over for another year

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Monaghan 5-21 Waterford 0-9. Sam Maguire dream over for another year
                                                  I think they should handicap GAA. A 15pt start in this game would seem fair. Monaghan wouldnt like it though. But in a hcap game there would be a stipulation there be no double back pass in a row for the team receiving the allowance. Just to keep them honest. Turnover if there is 2 back passes in a row.
                                                  Like Dublin Laois tomorrow. What a joke. Just imagine there will be a large contingent of Dublin fans going out tomorrow actually worrying will they win or not. I say Give Laois 9 pts head start. And before the Dubs whimper what this is about the shuld be reminded that the hcap in the bookies is 15pts so they shoulld feel lucky for te 9.

But this would also increase the sweat of the fans and make it out to be a real good day for all.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                    I think they should handicap GAA. A 15pt start in this game would seem fair. Monaghan wouldnt like it though. But in a hcap game there would be a stipulation there be no double back pass in a row for the team receiving the allowance. Just to keep them honest. Turnover if there is 2 back passes in a row.
                                                    Like Dublin Laois tomorrow. What a joke. Just imagine there will be a large contingent of Dublin fans going out tomorrow actually worrying will they win or not. I say Give Laois 9 pts head start. And before the Dubs whimper what this is about the shuld be reminded that the hcap in the bookies is 15pts so they shoulld feel lucky for te 9.

But this would also increase the sweat of the fans and make it out to be a real good day for all.
                                                    If you think that's bad. Last night Munster under 20 match. Kerry 3-22 Waterford 0-1. Game played in Tralee, you would think that home advantage should default to Waterford there. At least the senior qualifier game had home advantage designated to Waterford as they the division 4 team.

Ultimately football needs to follow hurling with multiple grades in adult intercounty. It's done at club level ffs

Comment

Always enjoy scouring the bigger whatoddspaddy mug bets if i want an interest bet...

Tonights offering - Sweden to score in both halves and have 3.5+ corners in both halves....

€20 to win €10k seems fair enough.....

Comment

Fancy Germany to open up tonight. Have backed -2 accordingly.

Comment

Some start to Munster final

Comment

Apparently this is the jacket Mrs Trump wore when she was boarding the plane to visit the child immigration centre

Bit odd!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Always enjoy scouring the bigger whatoddspaddy mug bets if i want an interest bet...

Tonights offering - Sweden to score in both halves and have 3.5+ corners in both halves....

Sweden corners or total corners? Guessing Sweden corners at that price!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                Some start to Munster final
                                                                Yeah first 10 minutes was exciting. Cork didn't score for 25 minutes. More intent of throwing shapes off the ball than actually playing ball. They're a shambles. Ref is brutal too, second black for Cork wasn't even a foul imo. Nice for the young lads to get a Munster medal anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Sweden corners or total corners? Guessing Sweden corners at that price!
                                                                  Yeah. Just turned on and saw the score, then checked the corners

Comment

LolCork

Comment

Never write off ze Germans as the man says.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        I get asked this every so often so pitching it up here...

Anybody with interest in a share of a cheap horse, ready to run, fun assured, imo. I suspect horse is going to cost €12,000 (private sale and prelim enquiry suggests this), can allow additional €200 PM for running costs (give or take). Immediate plan would be buy now, ready to run straight away, roll the dice from now. Exit strategy depends on how it performs. If we bust then we get rid of in either October or Feb HIT sale. If we get moving then we might still exit then if prudent or else continue on into next summer. Horse has plenty of form in the book, I think it is handicapped and ready to win. If I get sufficient interest I will kick on. Likely into 8 or 10 shares.

Lowish risk investment for anybody looking to dip their toes into this world. If it all goes well we might be smoking big cigars!

Interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                          Apparently this is the jacket Mrs Trump wore when she was boarding the plane to visit the child immigration centre

Bit odd!
                                                                          Seen that. Not buying that it's anything other than a careless mistake. Reading into it is daft.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Seen that. Not buying that it's anything other than a careless mistake. Reading into it is daft.
                                                                            Still odd, how many people she walk past and nobody said don't wear that

Comment

Experienced some real highs and lows in life. Death of my Mum following an illness that I talked about briefly here being a profound a low. I have chased many things in life to make me happy. I think I have somewhat of a unique perspective having taken my fair share of extasy and experienced the induced chemical rushing of serotonin to the brain that leaves you wide-eyed with a feeling of floating on air with a connection to stuff around you that is profound. The feeling of sadness that followed my mother's death didn't register as having weighed so heavily until I had a frame of reference to an actual feeling in life of my eyes rolling in my head and the same pill feeling of the serotonin rushing to my brain like I experienced on Extasy.

I have had that feeling from just engaging with life, connecting with people and doing things I really enjoy since multiple times. HIgh on life. Who knew? I share because reading in this place has helped me immensely at a times through many bad times. Look after yourself and above all be happy on that thing on top of your shoulders. We self-analyse others far too quickly and find it incredibly hard to hold a mirror up to our own lives and look at the person we truly are. The value in job, money, careers and partners is something we all chase but finding things that make you happy being you is important above all else.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    What's the impetus behind that nice post OPR?
                                                                                    I don't want to get too deeply into this but the chemical understanding of my brain feels odd. I was in a coffee shop recently reading a book and the deep personal connection I felt to the person as I was reading left me dizzy to the point I have only have a frame of reference of from being chemically high. I was as high as I have ever been in my life. I danced up the road leaving the cafe as if I had ingested something I hadn't. I have found things in life that ignite my soul and fed them with that stuff and in turn, the person inside me has reacted. I am sorry if that sounds scattered but it is all I have.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      I get asked this every so often so pitching it up here...

Anybody with interest in a share of a cheap horse, ready to run, fun assured, imo. I suspect horse is going to cost €12,000 (private sale and prelim enquiry suggests this), can allow additional €200 PM for running costs (give or take). Immediate plan would be buy now, ready to run straight away, roll the dice from now. Exit strategy depends on how it performs. If we bust then we get rid of in either October or Feb HIT sale. If we get moving then we might still exit then if prudent or else continue on into next summer. Horse has plenty of form in the book, I think it is handicapped and ready to win. If I get sufficient interest I will kick on. Likely into 8 or 10 shares.

Lowish risk investment for anybody looking to dip their toes into this world. If it all goes well we might be smoking big cigars!
                                                                                      ...I'm interested for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        I don't want to get too deeply into this but the chemical understanding of my brain feels odd. I was in a coffee shop recently reading a book and the deep personal connection I felt to the person as I was reading left me dizzy to the point I have only have a frame of reference of from being chemically high. I was as high as I have ever been in my life. I danced up the road leaving the cafe as if I had ingested something I hadn't. I have found things in life that ignite my soul and fed them with that stuff and in turn, the person inside me has reacted. I am sorry if that sounds scattered but it is all I have.

Opr
                                                                                        As a wise man once said, the mind is like a safe it's much better to open it using the combination than blowing the doors off.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                          Probably nothing but maybe tell this to a doctor

Comment

Opr
                                                                                            It's anxiety......
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

He's now experiencing the damage the drugs he's consumed over his life have done.

Comment

Humour hides cynicism. The Irish use it like a shield. I met an incredibly smart guy completely without that coping mechanism due to his cultural upbringing in Japan. He has his own issues from the way life has scarred and shaped him but the complete lack of ego was incredible to see in someone. Another incredibly wise man sang to me in a field Strewelpeter a week back, "we are half awake in a fake empire". I understood those words in the logical part of my brain for years but the gravity of them wasn't felt until recently. Maybe they were but it is hard when you are drowning to let them in and hear.

Opr

Comment

So you're drinking beer and you sneeze. Some of the beer shoots out of your nose back into the beer. Do you still drink the pint ? Asking for a friend .

Comment

So you're drinking beer and you sneeze. Some of the beer shoots out of your nose back into the beer. Do you still drink the pint ? Asking for a friend .
                                                                                                    Depends. If you are drinking the beer because you enjoy the taste and the place you arrive at while drinking it then get another one. The thoughts of what has just happened would impair my enjoyment. If you are drinking the beer to get drunk without much thought behind it then drink that shit up.

Opr

Comment

Experienced some real highs and lows in life. Death of my Mum following an illness that I talked about briefly here being a profound a low. I have chased many things in life to make me happy. I think I have somewhat of a unique perspective having taken my fair share of extasy and experienced the induced chemical rushing of serotonin to the brain that leaves you wide-eyed with a feeling of floating on air with a connection to stuff around you that is profound. The feeling of sadness that followed my mother's death didn't register as having weighed so heavily until I had a frame of reference to an actual feeling in life of my eyes rolling in my head and the same pill feeling of the serotonin rushing to my brain like I experienced on Extasy.

I have had that feeling from just engaging with life, connecting with people and doing things I really enjoy since multiple times. HIgh on life. Who knew? I share because reading in this place has helped me immensely at a times through many bad times. Look after yourself and above all be happy on that thing on top of your shoulders. We self-analyse others far too quickly and find it incredibly hard to hold a mirror up to our own lives and look at the person we truly are. The value in job, money, careers and partners is something we all chase but finding things that make you happy being you is important above all else.

Opr
                                                                                                      Calling Hotspur.

Sound like grief coping mechanism. Sorry about the mother.

Comment

Calling Hotspur.

Sound like grief coping mechanism. Sorry about the mother.
                                                                                                        I know all about coping mechanism. I hid inside myself as a way to cope for a long time after. This feels different but who knows maybe I will look back and feel different in a year. In honour of you calling out HS and my current state I will post this.

Revelations is Bill Hicks’ last special ever, taped in 1992, and features him at the height of his genius. Recorded at the Dominion Theatre in London, Bill H...

Opr

Comment

No - one can tell me that the tour didn't matter when you see how ferociously the players on both sides contested the last two Saturdays. We dug it out yesterday, hanging on for stretches by the skin of our teeth; finding ways to make ground up the middle with 14 when Stockdale had his yellow card. The Aussies take some beating. It was just a great gritty performance and confirms our right to high expectations next year. It is our time.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            6 years for David Drumm.
                                                                                                            As relieved as I was that he actually got a prison sentence, one wonders what an actually appropriate punishment might be? Particularly if you consider the fact that there would have been suicides during the recession that could be directly tied to the consequences of the bank guarantee. White collar crime really is difficult to deal with and weight up appropriately. I will say fair play to the state for chasing this down and getting him in the end.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                              As relieved as I was that he actually got a prison sentence, one wonders what an actually appropriate punishment might be? Particularly if you consider the fact that there would have been suicides during the recession that could be directly tied to the consequences of the bank guarantee. White collar crime really is difficult to deal with and weight up appropriately. I will say fair play to the state for chasing this down and getting him in the end.
                                                                                                              He feels more like a sacrificial lamb that is held up to show that something is done. We like simple stories as humans. X is the problem, we did Y. Great, I can feel better that the problem was solved. The issues around that time were never addressed in any meaningful way and probably never will be leaving us forever doomed to make the same mistakes of the past.

Opr

Comment

Drumm wasn't prosecuted for causing the guarantee or the kind of reckless trading that led us to the precipice. Turns out that kind of thing is considered OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Drumm wasn't prosecuted for causing the guarantee or the kind of reckless trading that led us to the precipice. Turns out that kind of thing is considered OK.
                                                                                                                  It is a pity we didn't tip over the precipice. It might have shocked us into something different. Rent prices out of control in Dublin, homeless crisis, mental health problems rising along with suicides, work draining the soul from people. Then look further afield and we have a megalomaniac in charge in the States. Loads of them in charge all over the world. Half the world below the poverty line. I am alright Jack though so that is all that matters, right? Full employment, to get the money to keep sleepwalking.

That sounds like an angry rant but it truly isn't. It comes from a place of clarity just looking around from outside my bubble and seeing an asylum and wondering how the hell did we all end up on this rock in the middle of nowhere in space and time and this is what we are doing.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Taking the humour out of Elshambles. The problem I have with that kind of view is that you dull yourself to live with that attitude. You see bad things, you explain them away so you can live. You turn off an emotional valve within which in turns dulls other emotions of joy and happiness. Ying, yang and all that stuff. That is only my view though.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Skybet

Sterling 5+ shots on target & Lingard 3+ shots on target 250/1

...The poorhouse beckons if we continue this

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                          Skybet

Sterling 5+ shots on target & Lingard 3+ shots on target 250/1
                                                                                                                          Not really related to this, but one of the stats said at the German match yesterday was that Thomas Müller has scored 10 goals in the World Cup, but he's only had 14 shots on target. That's one amazing conversion rate if true!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X