Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    fair bit of 'who?' in the below

Saracens team to take on Racing 92 in the Heineken Champions Cup on Sunday 17th November:

15 Matt Gallagher
    14 Sean Maitland
    13 Alex Lozowski
    12 Nick Tompkins
    11 Rotimi Segun
    10 Manu Vunipola
    9 Ben Spencer
    1 Rhys Carre
    2 Jack Singleton
    3 Titi Lamositele
    4 Will Skelton
    5 Callum Hunter-Hill
    6 Nick Isiekwe
    7 Ben Earl
    8 Jackson Wray ©

Replacements

16 Joe Gray
    17 Sam Crean
    18 Vincent Koch
    19 Joel Kpoku
    20 Sean Reffell
    21 Tom Whiteley
    22 Damian Willemse
    23 Duncan Taylor
    None of their England internationals are back playing for them yet though. That's the team with a few permutations, they've been putting up for the premiership on a weekly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
      Farage is equally likely to bring them down to be honest
      ?? He's pulled out of every seat that Boris is targeting
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yes and now a vote for one is seen as a vote for the other, traditional Tories are restless about the whole concept.

Comment

Yes and now a vote for one is seen as a vote for the other, traditional Tories are restless about the whole concept.
          OK, and you think they will do what? remember in order for your theory to work it needs to be:

No of Brexit Party Voters who now Vote Tory <<< No of traditional Tory voters who now either abstain or Vote some other party (presumably mostly LibDem)

Comment

I was under the distinct impression that he pulled out of every seat that the Tories won in 2017. Boris needs to win more than that if he's going to have a majority. Did I miss something?
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I'm certain a Lib Lab SNP coalition would have strolled to a sound majority if they had formed any sort of coherent remain coalition. Perhaps if they'd fought the election on broad principles and the promise of two referendums on on brexit and another on STV PR followed by another GE in two years. Anything reasonable that gives people an option to pull back from the abyss would do but instead they are handing it to Cummings on a plate.

It is profoundly depressing to watch.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

OK, and you think they will do what? remember in order for your theory to work it needs to be:

No of Brexit Party Voters who now Vote Tory <<< No of traditional Tory voters who now either abstain or Vote some other party (presumably mostly LibDem)
                They already hold all the seats that Farage has withdrawn from, at best it allows them to maintain their non-majority.

Trust me Farage will fuck this up for both of them if given enough rope.

Comment

Enough of this shite .Time for a bad Friday story.

One day, Einstein has to speak at an important science conference. On the way there, he tells his driver that looks a bit like him:
                  "I'm sick of all these conferences. I always say the same things over and over!"
                  The driver agrees: "You're right. As your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."
                  "That's a great idea!" says Einstein. "Let's switch places then!"
                  So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein goes on stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.
                  But in the crowd, there is one scientist who wants to impress everyone and thinks of a very difficult question to ask Einstein, hoping he won't be able to respond. So this guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question. The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.
                  The driver looks at him, dead in the eye, and says :
                  "Sir, your question is so easy to answer that I'm going to let my driver reply to it for me."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                    I was under the distinct impression that he pulled out of every seat that the Tories won in 2017. Boris needs to win more than that if he's going to have a majority. Did I miss something?
                    They will only be running paper candidates anywhere they can't pull enough labour votes away to give the Tory a chance.

This is a carefully planned and well executed coup by Cummings and Putin.

There is still a chance it won't be enough but unless the remain side get their shit together and stop pretending that there is anything else than Brexit to fight for its a hopeless cause.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        I've said it before, then I took a two month break, now I'll say it again. People are plenty stupid enough to fuck up their own countries without the help of Putin. Blaming things on Putin (I thought Xi was the bad guy of the moment to blame everything on?), allows people too much of a comforting thought that they aren't living in a country of idiots. Yet that is most certainly the case in the US and the UK.
                        And yet he still gets involved

Comment

HH disappears for two months prior to impeachment and the UK GE.

Then mysteriously reappears.

Coincidence?

I think not!

Comment

Trump tweets attacking Jovanovich as she is testifying live before the House committee.

That's the equivalent of the accused hurling threats from the dock in court.

Comment

Trump tweets attacking Jovanovich as she is testifying live before the House committee.

Comment

I think we need a CT subforum for Raoul and SP

Comment

Listening to C-Span radio and they have a listener call in segment during the intermission. Some interesting people calling in
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    what would you call it though?

Comment

Telly Savalas on Britain

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Harold Baim's 1981 film shown in cinemas at the time to promote tourism in Portsmouth.

Comment

I see our two Russian bots have kicked into high gear today

One using "ya well, they are as bad" rule
                                        &
                                        The other, pure distraction tactic Number 3821

Comment

I'd say Marriage Story will clean up in award season. Fairly flawless.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            I see our two Russian bots have kicked into high gear today

One using "ya well, they are as bad" rule
                                            &
                                            The other, pure distraction tactic Number 3821

Hey, I'm trying to save some 'whataboutism' for later

Comment

Mason Rudolph takes acception to tackle by Myles Garrett, tries take his helmet off then Myles Garrett wrips his helmet off and hits him with it and a full f...
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

good game in Gloucester atm. Gloucester had all the play in the first half leading 20-9 at the break and it's been all Toulouse in the second, back up to 20-15 with 25 minutes to play

Comment

Roger Stone found guilty, another man crucified. Dredge the swamp, or something

Even the Good Book couldn’t save him. Clutching a red Bible on his way into court, President Trump’s longtime confidant Roger Stone was convicted Friday of lying to lawmakers investigating Russian …

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                    good game in Gloucester atm. Gloucester had all the play in the first half leading 20-9 at the break and it's been all Toulouse in the second, back up to 20-15 with 25 minutes to play
                                                    Toulouse win it 25-20. great 2nd half!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      Toulouse win it 25-20. great 2nd half!
                                                      I saw the last 20. It was just one team who could execute the basics vs a team who seemed like they unfamiliar with the game!

Comment

Imagine having the most prestigious completion in your professional sports league named after some weak piss like heineken , the shame (purely from his posts here I can’t imagine RDIII drinking a pint of heino TBF, I’d imagine it would look like one of those pics of a Tory MP canvassing where he’s forced to cradle a pint in his mitts to get down with the plebs)

Comment

I saw the last 20. It was just one team who could execute the basics vs a team who seemed like they unfamiliar with the game!
                                                          gloucester played great in the 1st half, and just got bullied and man handled in the 2nd. they barely touched the ball, and you're right, when they did, they weren't sure what to do.
                                                          The speed of Toulouse was just too much.

Pretty rare to see a French side coming from behind and winning away from home in this competition.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            Imagine having the most prestigious completion in your professional sports league named after some weak piss like heineken , the shame (purely from his posts here I can’t imagine RDIII drinking a pint of heino TBF, I’d imagine it would look like one of those pics of a Tory MP canvassing where he’s forced to cradle a pint in his mitts to get down with the plebs)
                                                            Ee's avin a go at the hino now

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Is it just the inherent bias of my timeline or is the election campaign going lolbad for the Tories so far?
                                                              Been generally good for the Tories so far after a bad start.
                                                              Labour (most seats) was 7/1 at the start, came into 5/1 late last week but a wholesale drift to 12/1 after Farage's announcement.
                                                              The broadband thing today from Labour seems to have been received well, but may be another false dawn.

Not looking good on balance, but there are still 4 weeks to go, debates, manifesto's (though Tories may not bother with a manifesto apparently).
                                                              Next set of polls will be interesting as this time people will be responding based on a certainty as to who the candidates in their constituency are.

Comment

As their national election trek goes on, John Harris and John Domokos hit the Surrey town of Guildford, recently won by the Conservatives with a big majority...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Seems 315 is the key number of Tory seats needed. Any less than that and opposition will probably unite to put Corbyn in and secure a second referendum.
                                                                      Tories at 40%.

Thatcher got 42% in 1987, and 387 seats....

Comment

Poor FG bye election hopeful Emer Higgins getting a media roasting.

It's all my fault.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

VAR what a disaster , the one time soccer tries to copy rugby is a disaster who would have thought.
                                                                          Interesting that after the RWC disaster all the spoofer “data analysts” ,”sports scientists “ and motivational speakers just crept off back into obscurity where they belong to let the players take the heat.
                                                                          If we got to the semis / further they would have been out soaking up all the credit
                                                                          They need to be put out front to soak up some of the hate, it’s only fair #team of us
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-11-19, 23:36.

Comment

I met Escobar's non-union Mexican equivalent today.

SPOILER

Comment

Seems 315 is the key number of Tory seats needed. Any less than that and opposition will probably unite to put Corbyn in and secure a second referendum.
                                                                              326 is the number for a majority, if it's tight he shinners will come under real pressure to grow up.
                                                                              Could end up in some bizzaro mess where DUP flip on supporting a border in the Irish sea in order to neuter Mary Lou

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Leo

Those were tweets that were sent by a qualified solicitor, a woman in her 30s, a woman actively involved in Fianna Fáil at the time

I think just describing them as inappropriate isn’t enough, we should say what they were: misogynistic towards women, racist towards Travellers and classist, and also body shaming. I don’t think they are becoming of someone who is Fianna Fáil’s equality spokesperson.

I’m not sure what it says about Fianna Fail’s commitment to equality.

Comment

Sneaky little cnut Leo is!.

Comment

Darklands Finale
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        What a botch of the finale and the series in general. I'm thinking of doing a Bono an marching to the door of the head person in charge and taking over.

Comment

Some of the greatest hoarseplay of all toime.

Comment

I may be drunk but that was right good

Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                              I may be drunk but that was right good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8836988/
                                                                                              Avengement ?

Is that even a word?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                Avengement ?

Is that even a word?
                                                                                                If yer going down the road . Er I'll think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                  Avengement ?

Is that even a word?
                                                                                                  Avengement(noun)

the inflicting of retributive punishment; satisfaction taken
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Some of the greatest hoarseplay of all toime.
                                                                                                    Video of the Abshulute cornage goys

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Proper old school pitch and feel to the Lux v Portugal game. Portugese might get a fright here as they have to win.

Comment

❤️ Check out Weights & Biases here and sign up for a free demo: https://www.wandb.com/papers❤️ Their blog post is available here: https://www.wandb.com/artic...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Video of the Abshulute cornage goys

https://streamable.com/f4j8n
                                                                                                          Context?
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 17-11-19, 19:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Context?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Absolute cringe but...
                                                                                                              Whats the difference between bullying people because their families are wealthy and bullying people because their families are poor?

Comment

Comment

Absolute cringe but...
                                                                                                                  Whats the difference between bullying people because their families are wealthy and bullying people because their families are poor?
                                                                                                                  Cushioning?

Comment

Absolute cringe but...
                                                                                                                    Is that bullying people because their families are wealthy?
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Took a massive step towards being a hardcore rightwinger there last week, went and did my firearms course and am applying for my gun license.

The goal here is to go deer/elk hunting during next years season.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                        Is that bullying people because their families are wealthy?
                                                                                                                        I dunno... there is definitely some quite nasty bullying going on.
                                                                                                                        I guess any kid who is hasg cringeworthy behaviour posted widely online is going to be open to some abuse but this case appears acceptable to all the neckbeards and wannabee SJW's because he is middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                          Looks like the long running story about Boris sneaking away from his minders while Foreign Secretary and getting absolutely wasted at a bunga bunga in Lebedev's Italian villa at a time he shouldn't have been going anywhere near him is getting some fresh legs

Good thread

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X