Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A mate who works in hospitality posted it...:P

Comment

My biggest problem is... How much of my €1 goes on charity work?
      http://www.irishtimes.com/news/socia...pent-1.2482613
      The top brass of the charities are recieving some huge unexplained bonuses.

Comment

A reminder that the Aintree Tipping Comp commences in T-12.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bought a daff anyway. Allows me to walk around town unmolested for the remainder of the w\e.

Comment

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Gratitude performed by Beastie Boys. Read the story behind ‘Check Your Head’ here: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/s...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                I'm wary of the ICS. Without getting a vaping debate going again I find it strange that they remain totally against it, haven't moved an inch on the issue despite the UK government findings last year, whilst having a home page festooned with sponsorship from various pharmacy companies both retail and manufacturing.
                Probably fair to point out that their home page is no longer 'festooned' with logos from their partners as I claimed, you actually have to dig quite deep to get their list of corporate associates now.
                But Glaxo is still on the list, and it remains ICS policy to give out for free Glaxos NRT products as part of their Quit Smoking campaigns (commendable) whilst continuing to suggest it should be the government providing them for free, i.e., suggesting government bulkbuy them from Glaxo (less commendable) and dissing the widely used non-pharmic alternative (unacceptable).
                I don't think its corruption or anything, their hearts are probably in the right place and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  Probably fair to point out that their home page is no longer 'festooned' with logos from their partners as I claimed, you actually have to dig quite deep to get their list of corporate associates now.
                  But Glaxo is still on the list, and it remains ICS policy to give out for free Glaxos NRT products as part of their Quit Smoking campaigns (commendable) whilst continuing to suggest it should be the government providing them for free, i.e., suggesting government bulkbuy them from Glaxo (less commendable) and dissing the widely used non-pharmic alternative (unacceptable).
                  I don't think its corruption or anything, their hearts are probably in the right place and all that.
                  This is my exact point. Well meaning amateurs who become an industry and get corrupted in a subtle way. This is a societal issue which should be dealt with at a State level and then the potential for this sort of influencing by vested interests is reduced.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Hard to see what the Bus Eireann workers can achieve given the company is doneso
                        Indeed, but the management aren't coming across too well either. Surely there has to be a better way to resolve these things than the 2 parties taking widely opposition positions, talking briefly, no real compromises, strike, more defiant talk, rhetoric, then eventually after the public have been annoyed for ages, common ground is somehow found, and things carry on as normal effectively.

Comment

Comment

Comment

There's a book to be written about last night despite my best intentions. Mad though how well regarded i am (until last night anyway) with everyone viewing me as the next prof based on my trajectory - full prof being top position in academia. Have though slept in until midday when groups started at 9am, so hopefully that's excusable future prof behaviour. Reason I left DCU was a lack of recognition of my talent, so nice to see it here, assuming it survived last night which was a bit excessive even by my standards.
                              Just tell them "Genius doesn't wear a watch".
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                Same with homelessness charities, suicide prevention, etc. etc.

I support very few as it's the same mindset that has lead to too many religious run schools for example. A poorly run state being bailed out by vested interests who mainly mean well and then we're dismayed when shite happens like the Console scandal. Basically charities are sticking plasters over proper solutions. I really try to only give to things that shouldn't be basic state services.

Having said that if wearing a daffodil makes people who are suffering due to cancer themselves or in their family feel a bit better because they get a sense of solidarity that the public at large is supporting them then I will (and have) wear one.
                                My take on it is similar, charities in a first world country are an excuse not to fix the problem, we shouldn't be going to a rape crisis centre quiz and paying 1k per table to enter every year just so people have some support. Make the government address these issues by making them worse is a hard thing to do but it won't get fixed?

Plus most people giving to charity will give to things like this, I/we have more of a duty to pick the best charities to give to when doing so instead, so pick one from the list of researched best charities instead of fluttering away money: http://www.givewell.org/charities/top-charities

Comment

This is the problem with unions. The management have been talking to them for ages. The workers ignored the workplace relations commission report on what they need to do. How much more do management need to do to save the company?
                                  There's no saving the company. 10 years time employing bus drivers will be an anachronism.

Comment

This is the problem with unions. The management have been talking to them for ages. The workers ignored the workplace relations commission report on what they need to do. How much more do management need to do to save the company?
                                    I largely agree with you, but both sides, not just the unions, probably more so the management actually, will agree to things that they would not at talks last week. I wish there could be binding mandatory dispute resolution before it got to this stage. I know there is allegedly something like that existing, but it doesn't work or isn't used enough.

If the void could be filled fast enough by private companies, I'd love to see these type of things end occasionally in the semi state body going to the wall entirely. Be a nice shock to the system.

Comment

James Blunt's twitter is great, I really like the guy now. An ability to laugh at oneself is one of the greatest human qualities.

Last edited by Lazare; 24-03-17, 14:03.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        I largely agree with you, but both sides, not just the unions, probably more so the management actually, will agree to things that they would not at talks last week. I wish there could be binding mandatory dispute resolution before it got to this stage. I know there is allegedly something like that existing, but it doesn't work or isn't used enough.

If the void could be filled fast enough by private companies, I'd love to see these type of things end occasionally in the semi state body going to the wall entirely. Be a nice shock to the system.
                                        Now you're talking. Shane Ross should let BE go bust.

Comment

Most telling moment in BE dispute was last night when Union guy outright accused private operators of paying people under the table.
                                          They simply cannot imagine a world where people work in conditions and for salaries less than they are getting.
                                          Not that I blame them, no one wants to go backwards and they are right in saying that BE want to bring in min wage jobs because privatisation has created a race to the bottom.
                                          Their only option was to vote Sinn Fein / Ira and PPPPPAAAA Soladarnisch into Government and we could tax the rich into paying everyone €40 an hour
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Good pubs near the aviva?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                James Blunt's twitter is great, I really like the guy now. An ability to laugh at oneself is one of the greatest human qualities.

He's been fending off the trolls for a few years now. Funny guy

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Slatterys in Beggars Bush if coming from town.
                                                  The Bridge in Ballsbridge if coming from south side.

Comment

Comment

My half litre of e-juice arrived.

Great value to be had on bargainvapour.com

Comment

Comment

Used to watch a few shows on 123movies, see that it's h=gone now. I don't like downloading from torrent sites but used 123 and shush to watch shows. Where else could I watch Blacklist Redemption?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                            Used to watch a few shows on 123movies, see that it's h=gone now. I don't like downloading from torrent sites but used 123 and shush to watch shows. Where else could I watch Blacklist Redemption?
                                                            Exodus on Kodi. Fantastic selection.

Comment

Have you thought about selling furniture?
                                                              Or kitchens.

Comment

My half litre of e-juice arrived.

Great value to be had on bargainvapour.com
                                                                Have you thought about selling furniture?
                                                                Ah, they really are excellent. Can't see it lasting though. Isn't there some legislation restricting stuff to 10ml? Surprised they're still selling 100ml for €15.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Paddy Power marketing team need to DIAGF

Comment

Severe lack of lineouts in this game

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                      Ah, they really are excellent. Can't see it lasting though. Isn't there some legislation restricting stuff to 10ml? Surprised they're still selling 100ml for €15.
                                                                      Haven't heard of such legislation, sounds ridiculously nonsensical.

Yeah, it's a great site, I was paying €30 for 120ml in a B&M shop for the past couple of years. They were out of stock once so I googled the juice and found it there for almost half the price. Quick delivery too.

Comment

Yeah, it's a great site, I was paying €30 for 120ml in a B&M shop for the past couple of years. They were out of stock once so I googled the juice and found it there for almost half the price. Quick delivery too.
                                                                        Not a great link https://www.getyourkix.com/pages/tpd-info

Comment

Someone at the ground tell that tuneless gimp to learn to play or GTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            Paddy Power marketing team need to DIAGF
                                                                            And take that stupid cunt with the trumpet or whatever it is with them. What a wanker.

Comment

was up town buying coils yesterday, All new products now have the big white governement sticker yoke on them like a pack of fags. Girl that owns shop told me :

from May no more than 2ml fill tanks allowed which is fucking retarted imo ( I use a 5 ml tank)
                                                                              no more than 10mls bottles too which is also fucking retarted.

I have been buying 5/7 40 ml botttles a month for last few months to start gathering up just worried about date as bottles say out of date oct 17 , so dunno.
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

That is one laughable yellow.

Comment

Jeff Hendrick should really take more free kicks for a guy with such a good long shot!
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Get Horgan & maybe McGeady on asap

*aaah puke
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 24-03-17, 21:15.

Comment

A tackle so bad they won't even show a replay of it.

Comment

Horrible one for Coleman.

Comment

McClean seemingly being the focal point for everything is depressing!
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Keano off the bench would be a cert to score now.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                              A tackle so bad they won't even show a replay of it.
                                                                                              Doesn't look good at all

Comment

Puke

Comment

That was like watching a tractor trying to pick a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    That was like watching a tractor trying to pick a lock.
                                                                                                    Hope the trip report is coming along well

Comment

Failing bigly

Absolute clusterfuck almost certain now to end up with millions of people losing healthcare. Predictably the saps that voted for him are going to suffer earliest and hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Failing bigly
                                                                                                        Big fail for Trump. Obamacare carries on as was afaik?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          And take that stupid cunt with the trumpet or whatever it is with them. What a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            Hope the trip report is coming along well
                                                                                                            Ah yeah I should have said that I didn't feel like doing one. Originally had no intention of, then actually started to do one when Dobby asked, then realised again that I didn't want to.

Suffice to say that I had a wonderful time and I think that doing it was one of my better decisions. Considering a monastery in Burma later in the year for a much longer time, depending on life conditions.

Also really enjoying my unemployment now I'm back. I'm up at 5:45am to get into town for morning meditation, and then out doing cultural things during the mornings, including things I never went to - Chester Beatty Library, Hugh Lane Gallery, saw the Book of Kells and Old Library for first time this week. Was at a mosque in Milltown today for something.

Have also decided to see and explore beyond Dublin for nature and famous places I haven't experienced. Was in Glendalough the other day for a good walk by the upper lake. Thoughts of Giant's Causeway, Aran Islands, Skellig, anything else anyone suggests.

I know I'm doing it wrong and should be drinking cans and going to dogfighting, but I'm enjoying it.

Comment

Dog fighting on Inishmor June weekend, im in !
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                Big fail for Trump. Obamacare carries on as was afaik?
                                                                                                                Won't work out that way.
                                                                                                                Sentiment from the likes of Denny who thought he would keep the markets ticking up forever is running away from at an alarming rate. A healthcare bill that is written by the insurance companies will be allowed to try and keep those types onside for another little while.
                                                                                                                It only ends horribly

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  Was in Glendalough the other day for a good walk by the upper lake. Thoughts of Giant's Causeway, Aran Islands, Skellig, anything else anyone suggests.
                                                                                                                  Continuing the spiritual retreat theme, Clonmacnoise, Carrowkeel, Carrowmore, Knocknarea, Newgrange and Navan fort are all must visits IMO

Comment

I'm from beside knocknahrea and carrowmore. They built a path up the other side of the mountain going through the forest, it's quite serene. Plenty of beaches around there too, and Hazelwood is lovely, can visit the lake Isle of Inisfree.

Comment

Enniscrone, strandhill, mullaghmore, glencar waterfall, bundoran, donegal town/cruise on bay, rossnowlagh, st johns point, slieve league cliffs. A good long weekend would encompass a right few of those in one sweep. Combine with rory gallagher festival/sea sessions for maximum effort to reward ratio.
                                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

@hotspur, for a halfway compromise would suggest the Hop House on Parnell St where you can gorge on Korean food, drink pints and watch de soccah after attending a play in the Gate. Brings the requisite amounts of poncing and down to earthedness that I feel you hanker after.

Being Korean, no doubt there is some variety of dog-slaughtering afoot in the basement too.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X