AA with 14 left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA with 14 left

Poker Stars, $10 Buy-in (3,500/7,000 blinds, 700 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 7 Players
    Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

MP1: 100,728 (14.4 bb)
    MP2: 152,449 (21.8 bb)
    MP3: 320,699 (45.8 bb)
    Hero (CO): 233,652 (33.4 bb)
    BTN: 240,994 (34.4 bb)
    SB: 274,542 (39.2 bb)
    BB: 146,783 (21 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A A
    3 folds, Hero raises to 14,000, BTN raises to 30,885, 2 folds, Hero raises to 63,000, BTN raises to 240,294 and is all-in, Hero calls 169,952 and is all-in

14 left so close to the final table bubble ok this my first hand to post so in case i done anything wrong let me no so my question is does anyone play this anyother way and dont go crazy because its AA but because of icm i think i could of maid a mistake here ???? so would love to hear any comments its a rebuy tourny as well
    Last edited by jazzyfish; 04-09-12, 18:33.

As long as you don't post the result of the hand, you've done everything right.

Comment

Give up now if you think AA is a fold because of icm you get all your chips in pre with best starting hand obv got some sort of a stupid beat bbv thread

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        As long as you don't post the result of the hand, you've done everything right.
        sound

Comment

could only see it a fold if there was like 5 all ins and decent payjumps
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
            Give up now if you think AA is a fold because of icm you get all your chips in pre with best starting hand obv got some sort of a stupid beat bbv thread
            that is clearly not my question im hardly folding AA PRE my question is with been so close to the the final table bubble should i be just shoving over his 3 bet because of icm or can i still induce him to shove so close to final table bubble
            Last edited by jazzyfish; 04-09-12, 18:51.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
              that is clearly not my question im hardly folding AA PRE i supose my question is with been so close to the the final table bubble should i be just shoving over his 3 bet because of icm or can i still induce him to shove so close to final table bubble
              Its clearly some bad beat.

If you shove you have a big chance hell fold raising gives him a chance to reraise he did woo hoo.
              Or even flat call and play a street or two with the starting nuts

Comment

i was actually railing my friend on the same table of this game so i know the outcome.....u cant even consider folding AA with 14 left with no signnificant pay jumps

Comment

Originally posted by 1foryou3forme View Post
                  i was actually railing my friend on the same table of this game so i know the outcome.....u cant even consider folding AA with 14 left with no signnificant pay jumps
                  He hardly lost the pot?

Comment

Originally posted by 1foryou3forme View Post
                    ha ha i was never thinking of folding ye mad thing i new he was agro so i didnt no weather to just click back let him bang it in or just take it down with a 4 bet shove because of icm because we were the chipleaders i think as well and a lot of shorties

Comment

ha ha i was never thinking of folding ye mad thing i new he was agro so i didnt no weather to just click back let him bang it in or just take it down with a 4 bet shove because of icm because we were the chipleaders i think as well and a lot of shorties
                      Where does ICM come into this?

Comment

you got him to put all his chips in the middle while holding the preflop nuts, you played perfectly. /thread
                        airport, lol

Comment

i think u pld it perfect....it looked lik u were doing it light so u gav him a chance too shove...just ul really

Comment

If you got him to commit his stack with a worse hand than u, then mission accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                              Where does ICM come into this?
                              the next pay jump was at 12th then 9th and there was about 8 or 9 short stacks left so i already have a final table stack surly icm come s into play hear no ??

Comment

Of course icm doesnt become an issue, you're not short and not on the ft!!

Comment

the next pay jump was at 12th then 9th and there was about 8 or 9 short stacks left so i already have a final table stack surly icm come s into play hear no ??
                                  You have the best starting hand in a heads up pot. If you win the hand, which you will most off the time, you will prob be the chippy on the final table and have a way better chance at the proper money. You can never fold here.

Comment

He's not asking should he fold. He's asking (more or less I think) if he should have jammed over the 3 bet and picked up the pot / put the guy to a decision to call it off if he had a premium hand rather than 4bet and induce a shove from pocket the 3s or T7s suited or whatever which obv got there.

Hand well played op. Move on. shit happens!

Edit:

.. because we were the chipleaders i think as well and a lot of shorties
                                    i already have a final table stack
                                    fwiw you are 4th in chips at that table to start the hand with roughly average stack. Not that it makes any difference
                                    Last edited by BobSloane; 04-09-12, 22:42.

Comment

Reminds me of boards.ie

Comment

Comment

Smells like a blue or straight run!!

Comment

LOL at all the people saying 4b/gii is ok... Late doors lads, keep them for later.
                                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                                            X