River Check Raise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Check Raise

Villain is pretty aggressive and bad, i'm playing him HU on 3 tables and at 2 other 6 max tables. He 3bets a lot. Hand is from memory.

HU table,
    I raise QJo, he 3bets I call.

Flop is TQx, he bets his normal amount, I call. No flush draw on flop.

Turn Q, he bets quite small, I call.

River 8, he checks. I bet 3/4 pot. He overbet shoves, we were 225bbs deep at the start of the hand so this is a huge bet.

Haven't seen him check raise before.
    Last edited by Hectorjelly; 03-08-12, 17:56.

Im willing to let him have this one his line seems strong for a fish. plus you only have a weakish top pair that loses to a lot and only beats random bluffs - can he really have that many bluffs in his range here?

Comment

It really depends on HOW bad you think he is? Likeit is quite difficult to think of any hands (bluffs even) that he is going to do this with. Any even some hands which are close to bluffs-beat us. Any timing related info?
      I dont know,I really cant think of any reason to call.

Comment

Sorry guys, turned trips. I edited the OP

Comment

After a 3/4 river bet I think this is a definite fold, generally I would take the opinion its never a bluff, I think your river bet polarizes his range tbh!!

If your value bet is 50% or less, you have a greater reason to call cos he can deem your bet as a sign of weakness imo

Comment

I still feel the same as my post after reading your edit!!

Comment

Yeah I agree I just dont see how this can be a bluff, Ok it matters to some extent that we have three queens and not two but it doesnt really change the relative strenght of our hand-ie we STILL only beat a bluff.
              Ok its HU but even then some of the more ambitious queens he can have have made a house and would he really do this with a random hand, when our line is not exactly that weak. It is kind of tough to offer an opinion re a hand so dependant on game flow etc.
              You folded right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Villain is pretty aggressive and bad, i'm playing him HU on 3 tables and at 2 other 6 max tables. He 3bets a lot. Hand is from memory.

HU table,
                I raise QJo, he 3bets I call.

Flop is TQx, he bets his normal amount, I call. No flush draw on flop.

Turn Q, he bets quite small, I call.

River 8, he checks. I bet 3/4 pot. He overbet shoves, we were 225bbs deep at the start of the hand so this is a huge bet.

Haven't seen him check raise before.
                I would call. IMO it was a bluff.
                The Poker Boss

Comment

I thought his play fitted 9Jo exactly. I folded anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    I thought his play fitted 9Jo exactly. I folded anyway.
                    U obviously used the old if I fold will ya show me tactic?? :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X