Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham 2016 Tipping Competition

Same as last year's truly epic version:

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival (Note; this is from 15-18March i.e. Tuesday to Friday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Polite request

please post your bets in a table this time, per the below example:

This is really easy to do and will save me a lot of time.

Comment

...it wouldn't be Cheltenham without IPB betting...I'm in, pretty sure I've your details already, will ship in a few days...

Comment

I've got Cheltenham comps by the short and hairies. Inski
        Profit before people.

Comment

in. Not sure if i have details from last time or not?

Comment

Originally posted by gazman59 View Post
            in. Not sure if i have details from last time or not?
            Dispatched

Comment

bets must be in by 1pm or will be considered a zero bet day . A min of 250 euro per day

stoooory buuuud ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                bets must be in by 1pm or will be considered a zero bet day . A min of 250 euro per day

stoooory buuuud ?
                Awwwwwreet bud. You've been to this rodeo before. Pay up and stick pins in the paper like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Awwwwwreet bud. You've been to this rodeo before. Pay up and stick pins in the paper like the rest of us.
                  don't remember ? if ya fail to hit the deadline of 1pm are you penalised 250 euro or wha ? tiny holle in the rules and I can't see the t and cs provisio

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    don't remember ? if ya fail to hit the deadline of 1pm are you penalised 250 euro or wha ? tiny holle in the rules and I can't see the t and cs provisio
                    Yeah, dem's de rules. Although I usually let people in late if they tell me a funny story.

Hmmm, I should really edit the OP but couldn't be arsed.

Comment

€ 50 shipped via Bank transfer.

Comment

In.

Sent money AIB, ty.
                        Last edited by Jibzzzz; 22-02-16, 15:48.

Comment

In- 50 shipped online (BOI account so might take a day or two to hit your account)

Comment

Ok, so who are the people who:

1. Sent me the loot with 'IPB CHELT' as the reference?
                            2. Sent me the loot with a current account ending -049 as the reference?

Kudos to Horatio for managing to put his IPB handle on the transfer. Can I please ask everyone else to do the same?!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              I've got Cheltenham comps by the short and hairies. Inski
                              Hang on a few days and we can net settle our GE bet.

Comment

Kudos to Horatio for managing to put his IPB handle on the transfer. Can I please ask everyone else to do the same?!
                                IPB CHELT was me, thought i added NORIVER to the description but possibly in the wrong field!

Comment

Hang on a few days and we can net settle our GE bet.
                                  Yeah that was my plan.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I'm -049 sorry.

Comment

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-02-16, 21:55.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Funds shipped.

Comment

Funds shipped also

Comment

No idea how excited this thread has got me. Not long now.

Giddy up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                No idea how excited this thread has got me. Not long now.

Giddy up.
                                                Happy to help, it certainly worked well last year! Hopefully we get good numbers again - €1500 ftw last year.

Comment

Runners and riders so far

€50 received from:

GAB
                                                  gazman
                                                  horatio1
                                                  RDIII
                                                  mdoug
                                                  NoRiverRequired
                                                  Jibzzzz

no doubt more in the virtual money-web thing

Comment

Sent there.

Cheers for doing it again.
                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Updated runners and riders

€50 received from:

GAB
                                                      gazman
                                                      horatio1
                                                      RDIII
                                                      mdoug
                                                      NoRiverRequired
                                                      Jibzzzz
                                                      elbows
                                                      Lplate

€450 in the pot to date

Comment

Runners and riders

€50 received from:

GAB
                                                        gazman
                                                        horatio1
                                                        RDIII
                                                        mdoug
                                                        NoRiverRequired
                                                        Jibzzzz
                                                        elbows
                                                        Lplate
                                                        Hitch
                                                        Sitch

€550 in the pot to date

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                            this was such good fun last year. although vaguely remember a lot of us making the same fatal strategic mistake in the betting approach, but can't for the life of me remember what it was
                                                            Picking losers
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              I need to withdraw from this so 50 less free money than expected. Il grab it from you when next I see you.
                                                              I think I speak for everyone when I say- You may withdraw as long as your tips go in the Our Conor thread as normal.

Comment

I need to withdraw from this so 50 less free money than expected. Il grab it from you when next I see you.
                                                                Think you should fund a free entry via some form of competition tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                  I think I speak for everyone when I say- You may withdraw as long as your tips go in the Our Conor thread as normal.
                                                                  Not based on last year's form

Comment

shipped it back there

Comment

1 week out

€50 received from:

gazman
                                                                      horatio1
                                                                      RDIII
                                                                      mdoug
                                                                      NoRiverRequired
                                                                      Jibzzzz
                                                                      elbows
                                                                      Lplate
                                                                      Hitch
                                                                      Sitch
                                                                      White Knight

€550 in the pot to date

Comment

6 days out

€50 received from:

gazman
                                                                        horatio1
                                                                        RDIII
                                                                        mdoug
                                                                        NoRiverRequired
                                                                        Jibzzzz
                                                                        elbows
                                                                        Lplate
                                                                        Hitch
                                                                        Sitch
                                                                        White Knight
                                                                        luckforsome.......

€600 in the pot to date

Comment

Havent been on in quite a while. Can you re send bank details please mate and I take a spin at this again.
                                                                          Cheers

Comment

Entry sent, usual speed selections at 12.58 when someone reminds me expected, but sure its a good cause.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Money sent. Good man for organising. Good fun last year.

Comment

#40
                                                                                €50 received from:

gazman
                                                                                horatio1
                                                                                RDIII
                                                                                mdoug
                                                                                NoRiverRequired
                                                                                Jibzzzz
                                                                                elbows
                                                                                Lplate
                                                                                Hitch
                                                                                Sitch
                                                                                White Knight
                                                                                luckforsome.......
                                                                                nicnicnic

€650 in the pot to date

Comment

#41
                                                                                  please post your bets in a table this time, per the below example:

This is really easy to do and will save me a lot of time.
                                                                                  I'll be able to do this on the pc ok, but if any day i'm on my phone that could hard.
                                                                                  If that ok i will entry

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                    I'll be able to do this on the pc ok, but if any day i'm on my phone that could hard.
                                                                                    If that ok i will entry
                                                                                    If you can download google sheets it becomes super easy, same as if you were on a comp
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                      If that ok i will entry
                                                                                      Yeah, that's fine. It helps but it's not an absolute.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Yeah, that's fine. It helps but it's not an absolute.
                                                                                        Thanks, money sent, I'll do my best with the table

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Money sent. Ill be swinging lumber from the off and gas myself out(again) if i havent got it wrapped up by rd2

Comment

#46
                                                                                            €850 in the pot with various incoming moniez.

To the formbooks!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              ...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                you mean you just copy and paste it from Google Sheets and it looks okay?
                                                                                                yeah once you click the table button like normal, I tried it out for a table in the ww last game and worked a treat
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Easiest way to do it on google sheets app.
                                                                                                  Make your 7 races or whatever, click a1 and the bottom right button drag it to your last field b7 for example. Once they are all highlighted then click a1 again and you should get the option to copy(on my iphone that's how you copy anyway) and then click table here and pasta and voila
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Monies sent. Narrative on your bank a/c PMagpie
                                                                                                    Cheers

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Donation sent
                                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Runners and riders

€50 received from:

gazman
                                                                                                        horatio1
                                                                                                        RDIII
                                                                                                        mdoug
                                                                                                        NoRiverRequired
                                                                                                        Jibzzzz
                                                                                                        elbows
                                                                                                        Lplate
                                                                                                        Hitch
                                                                                                        Sitch
                                                                                                        White Knight
                                                                                                        luckforsome.......
                                                                                                        nicnicnic
                                                                                                        Frossach
                                                                                                        rounders
                                                                                                        Dice
                                                                                                        Puremagpie
                                                                                                        Pat Mustard

€900 in the pot to date

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Transfer deets?

Booked next week off

Don't have a TV in house

Could get messy

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                            Transfer deets?

Booked next week off

Don't have a TV in house

Could get messy
                                                                                                            Bet 50 cent on each race on bet365 and you can watch each race with perfect quality stream, there's also lots of channel 4 streams floating about to be fair.
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              Bet 50 cent on each race on bet365 and you can watch each race with perfect quality stream, there's also lots of channel 4 streams floating about to be fair.
                                                                                                              Filmon app is handy for Channel 4

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                Or I might go to the pub every day

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  €50 received from:

gazman
                                                                                                                  horatio1
                                                                                                                  RDIII
                                                                                                                  mdoug
                                                                                                                  NoRiverRequired
                                                                                                                  Jibzzzz
                                                                                                                  elbows
                                                                                                                  Lplate
                                                                                                                  Hitch
                                                                                                                  Sitch
                                                                                                                  White Knight
                                                                                                                  luckforsome.......
                                                                                                                  nicnicnic
                                                                                                                  Frossach
                                                                                                                  rounders
                                                                                                                  Dice
                                                                                                                  Puremagpie
                                                                                                                  Pat Mustard
                                                                                                                  Strewelpeter

€950 in the pot to date and elshambo will take us to four figures.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    €50 received from:

gazman
                                                                                                                    horatio1
                                                                                                                    RDIII
                                                                                                                    mdoug
                                                                                                                    NoRiverRequired
                                                                                                                    Jibzzzz
                                                                                                                    elbows
                                                                                                                    Lplate
                                                                                                                    Hitch
                                                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                                                    White Knight
                                                                                                                    luckforsome.......
                                                                                                                    nicnicnic
                                                                                                                    Frossach
                                                                                                                    rounders
                                                                                                                    Dice
                                                                                                                    Puremagpie
                                                                                                                    Pat Mustard
                                                                                                                    Strewelpeter
                                                                                                                    Elshambles

€1000 in the pot to date

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Sure send on your banking details, will be shipping from KBC so won't get to you until Tuesday morn I guess. Definite 100% donation from me, I know absolutely nothing about horses, though obviously will be punting like crazy next week

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        Sure send on your banking details, will be shipping from KBC so won't get to you until Tuesday morn I guess. Definite 100% donation from me, I know absolutely nothing about horses, though obviously will be punting like crazy next week
                                                                                                                        Sent. Any more takers out there?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X