No announcement yet.

Snooker betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys up for some Poker lately? No one seems to be around anymore.

Comment

UK Championship kicking off next week, and it's a huge tournament with 128 players entering round 1 including all the top names. Mark Selby being drawn against a 15 year old amateur in the 1st round being one of the ties, so surely there's going to be some shocks on the cards.

Had a really quick look down the list of games, and without looking too hard at them or doing any homework, just noticed these couple of games that i like the look of and think they seen a bit short.

Where's Connie et all with some big priced outsiders?

Aditya Mehta 5/6 to beat Robbie Williams
      Dechawat Poomjaeng 11/10 to beat Thepchaiya Un Nooh
      Matthew Selt 10/11 to beat Scott Donaldson
      Nigel Bond 4/5 to beat Craig Steadman

Here's the draw

Selby might have some tricky ties in his 1/8 of the draw. Is he gets through i don't see him facing anyone other than Murphy in the the quarter.

I fancied Mark Allen for a decent run in this but would face Trump before he meets Ding in the quarters so not sure he can pull it off.

Robertson will sail though his 1/8 and meet Maguire/Higgins in his quarter and think he'll win comfortably.

If Ronnie slips up, i think anyone can come out the bottom quarter, but he won't so no point even thinking about it.

Robertson and Ronnie to piss though their quarters imo and a hefty double imo.

Also noticed Davey Morris is favourite to beat Jamie Cope? Is the high praise worth it? Looking forward to seeing him and hope he puts on a good showing.

Comment

Morris is playing lovely recently, he most be fully sponsored or something and not playing with the fear. He beat Matthew Stevens 4-0 recently and a run to the Qtr finals in the wuxi beating 4 to get there incl Ali Carter.
        I would avoid Selt like a barge.

Comment

Morris got it done 6-4 with a needed 60+ clearance in the final frame otherwise it would have been 5-5.
          fwiw i think Adam Duffy is good value to beat Barry Pinches tonite at 7.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            Morris got it done 6-4 with a needed 60+ clearance in the final frame otherwise it would have been 5-5.
            fwiw i think Adam Duffy is good value to beat Barry Pinches tonite at 7.30pm.
            I let my heart rule my head and Ken let me down for 7 results today . Would have been a nice one to bink because i had Morris in there, and a 21/10 winner too. Ah well

I really fancy Scott Donaldson to beat Matt Selt tomorrow morning after i looked into it (ignoring my first opinion of it!). That and Advani to beat Pengfei for me in the early games. I think i like Mike Dunn to beat Luca Brecel @ 11/10 aswel but will see how i fair in the morning games first.

Comment

Uggh 7 timer thats pretty sick!, unlucky. Done Donaldson myself Selts game is definately in a rut these days but he actually played well today but only because we backed Donaldson. Snooker rarely gives it to you easily!.
              Duffy won a sick one taking the final 3 frames so ill try to keep the one shot tipping going till im beat and fancy King to beat Fergal tomorrow.

Comment

Uggh 7 timer thats pretty sick!, unlucky. Done Donaldson myself Selts game is definately in a rut these days but he actually played well today but only because we backed Donaldson. Snooker rarely gives it to you easily!.
                Duffy won a sick one taking the final 3 frames so ill try to keep the one shot tipping going till im beat and fancy King to beat Fergal tomorrow.
                Nope..

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                  Nope..
                  Are you over there with Fergal Tom? How's his form? He seems to be having a semi decent season without any real deep runs. Mark King doesn't like playing players like Fergal so if he can grind him down, backing him with the cushion of +1.5 @ 8/11 seems like it could be a decent bet. King won 6-1 against Muir but he never managed a 50 break in that game, and if frames are scrappy, i think Fergal could have the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    Are you over there with Fergal Tom? How's his form? He seems to be having a semi decent season without any real deep runs. Mark King doesn't like playing players like Fergal so if he can grind him down, backing him with the cushion of +1.5 @ 8/11 seems like it could be a decent bet. King won 6-1 against Muir but he never managed a 50 break in that game, and if frames are scrappy, i think Fergal could have the edge.
                    Yeah Tony he's playing really well having a decent season helped by playing continually. Like you said a good element of consistency without any spectacular runs.

I'd back him against King all day long.
                    Last edited by TM2204; 30-11-13, 10:19.

Comment

The Ferganitor is my favourite player i dont like going against him especially with his decent recent form. I was just going to do King now before checking this thread but im actually going to leave it now and funk for him as the omens are bad now!.

Comment

The Ferganitor is my favourite player i dont like going against him especially with his decent recent form. I was just going to do King now before checking this thread but im actually going to leave it now and funk for him as the omens are bad now!.
                        Stuck Fergal in my accum for today. If Morris closes out which is looking good and Hawkins can get back ahead, i might lay off enough to freeroll the bet. Evs wasn't a great price with Boyles though because he was odds against in most other places.

Comment

Actaully laying that would be for pussies. I'll wait til Fergal goes 2 frames up and then lay it for a much smaller amount

Comment

Davey Morris really getting it together lately, good to see the talent being backed up with some hard work & a little maturity.

Have had many chats with Davey going back a few years, he's a good lad & delighted to see him doing well.

Comment

Actaully laying that would be for pussies. I'll wait til Fergal goes 2 frames up and then lay it for a much smaller amount
                              Just did. 3-1 down to 5-3 up (with a ton ) ....

Comment

Scrappy last but..... job done Think that's your bet up Tony, WP

Comment

Scrappy last but..... job done Think that's your bet up Tony, WP
                                  Lovely jubbly. I was out and about doing Christmas shopping today and couldn't even to lay some off. I saw Fergal 1-0 up and then 5-3 and didn't know anything in between. All good so far and wp Fergal. Would be great if he can topple Ding in the next round

Comment

Lovely jubbly. I was out and about doing Christmas shopping today and couldn't even to lay some off. I saw Fergal 1-0 up and then 5-3 and didn't know anything in between. All good so far and wp Fergal. Would be great if he can topple Ding in the next round
                                    Bet your glad you didn't lay now Tony

Ding is an altogether other kettle of fish than 'Basher'... Tough match but can be done

Comment

Davey Morris really getting it together lately, good to see the talent being backed up with some hard work & a little maturity.

Have had many chats with Davey going back a few years, he's a good lad & delighted to see him doing well.
                                      People won't know but Morris was on the same level as Judd Trump and Mark Allen coming up together as juniors but they kicked on, Love to see him climb the rankings

Comment

Stevens making me sweat for the 1st leg of bets today. Finally got over the line though. Would hate to lose a sweat so early on!

Comment

Slight aftertiming brag: Donaldson scraping a 6-5 win means 3 out of 3 accums shipped on yesterdays and this morning matches for a ROI of 789%. If only every 24 hour period could be like that!

Wakelin is my wild card in the 1pm accum

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                            Wakelin is my wild card in the 1pm accum
                                            Unlucky

I've a nice accum and 4 x trebles sweat going onto Carrington now.

Comment

Unlucky

I've a nice accum and 4 x trebles sweat going onto Carrington now.
                                              Close!

7pm shift ...

Mark Allen
                                              Stuart Carrington
                                              Ding Junhui
                                              Daniel Wells

Carrington should have enough for you. GL.

Comment

Stevens making me sweat for the 1st leg of bets today. Finally got over the line though. Would hate to lose a sweat so early on!

Ship this, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got a decent bet on Stuart Bingham to beat McGill tomorrow @ 12/5 with Coral which was priced up arseways. It's now 1/3. Will i get paid out if he wins? McGill will be 4/1 if he loses the first frame tomorrow so don't want to back him incase my bet gets cancelled

Comment

Ship this, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got a decent bet on Stuart Bingham to beat McGill tomorrow @ 12/5 with Coral which was priced up arseways. It's now 1/3. Will i get paid out if he wins? McGill will be 4/1 if he loses the first frame tomorrow so don't want to back him incase my bet gets cancelled
                                                  No chance of getting paid on that. It will be voided.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                    Does it need to be voided before the match starts in 20 minutes, or can they freeroll me? It's still showing as open.

Taking a shot at Wenbo, Carter and Donaldson accum today

Comment

Does it need to be voided before the match starts in 20 minutes, or can they freeroll me? It's still showing as open.

Taking a shot at Wenbo, Carter and Donaldson accum today
                                                      Palpable error, they won't void it till it has to be paid out which is when they wil realise there mistake

Palpable Error

A bookmaker can cancel (void) your bet, claiming it was a palpable error (commonly known as a “palp“). This can occur when a bookmaker has made “an obvious mistake”, such as reversed the odds of a match or some other kind of accidental error made while quoting the odds.

Comment

Mitchell Travis @ 7/2
                                                        Gary Wilson @ 2/1
                                                        Stuart Bingham @ 2/9
                                                        Scott Donaldson @ 9/4

very speculative in the morning games but I reckon they may all be very close.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                          Mitchell Travis @ 7/2
                                                          Gary Wilson @ 2/1
                                                          Stuart Bingham @ 2/9
                                                          Scott Donaldson @ 9/4

very speculative in the morning games but I reckon they may all be very close.
                                                          And they all go 1-0 up. Surely nothing can go wrong from here

Comment

I hope Travis wins this 2nd frame aswell, then shall be steaming into Maflin. Also backing Perry aswell now

8/11 Maflin and 5/6 Perry

More on Perry 6/4
                                                            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 02-12-13, 10:30.

Comment

Snap withdrawl from the poker client. Now to wait and see if it hits my Moneybookers

Comment

Snap withdrawl from the poker client. Now to wait and see if it hits my Moneybookers
                                                                You've got further than I did last time I was in that spot. Looks good for keeping it

Comment

How do you suppose Wattana Pu-Ob-Orm, then renamed Ratchapol Pu-Ob-Orm in 2003) became James Wattana

Comment

You've got further than I did last time I was in that spot. Looks good for keeping it
                                                                    Looks like they thought about voiding it. Bastards stole my 10cent though. My balance is now zero and i have no pending withdrawls. Will wait and see.

Comment

Looks like they thought about voiding it. Bastards stole my 10cent though. My balance is now zero and i have no pending withdrawls. Will wait and see.

Looks dodgy

Comment

Looks dodgy
                                                                        Looks like they paid me @ 1/3 now so not much i can do about it?

Comment

Looks like they paid me @ 1/3 now so not much i can do about it?
                                                                          That would have been the correct price so even if you argue with them you'll get nowhere I'd imagine

Comment

That would have been the correct price so even if you argue with them you'll get nowhere I'd imagine
                                                                            Spot on..

Comment

Spot on..
                                                                              What was the response

Comment

What was the response
                                                                                Here's his replies, skipping my playing dumb in between!

RichardB: Hello. Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Service. You are speaking with Richard
                                                                                T: Hi Richard. I placed a snooker bet last night @ a price of 5/2. I won the bet, withdrew the money and now its back in my account and i was paid at 1/3. Plus the money already in my account before the bet is now missing
                                                                                RichardB: Yes there was what is called a palpable error the price 1/3 and the advertised 5/2
                                                                                RichardB: Your bet was a winner but at the odds that reflected that particular game.
                                                                                RichardB: you was paid out and not at the advertised error of 5/2

Comment

Here's his replies, skipping my playing dumb in between!

RichardB: Hello. Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Service. You are speaking with Richard
                                                                                  T: Hi Richard. I placed a snooker bet last night @ a price of 5/2. I won the bet, withdrew the money and now its back in my account and i was paid at 1/3. Plus the money already in my account before the bet is now missing
                                                                                  RichardB: Yes there was what is called a palpable error the price 1/3 and the advertised 5/2
                                                                                  RichardB: Your bet was a winner but at the odds that reflected that particular game.
                                                                                  RichardB: you was paid out and not at the advertised error of 5/2
                                                                                  Tilt.

Also tell him to take some grammar lessons. 'You was paid out'

Comment

Completely standard, they're not running a charity.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Yes but there is always that bit of hope until it is settled. It's the sweat we live for.

Comment

Tilt.

Also tell him to take some grammar lessons. 'You was paid out'
                                                                                        Very tilting. I'm now arguing with him over the missing 10 cents that they took because he's saying i withdrew it. I wasn't interested until he said that, now it's pissed me off! Just going to close the laptop for a while i think. Nice work on the Perry bet. That kills my match accum, but still have a high break accum of Robertson, Maflin, Selby, Trump and Maguire to keep me entertained throughout the day!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Normally, you don't get to withdraw it though, that's the tilting part! If you don't ask, you don't get. Nothing whatsoever to lose.

Comment

Normally, you don't get to withdraw it though, that's the tilting part! If you don't ask, you don't get. Nothing whatsoever to lose.
                                                                                            Can happen if the error isn't noticed straight away but even if the withdrawal is processed they can still put your account into negative balance if it's noticed afterwards.

Obv no harm asking but to be tilted on not being paid when shooting the angle on a clear palp is lol.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

still have a high break accum of Robertson, Maflin, Selby, Trump and Maguire to keep me entertained throughout the day!
                                                                                              3 down and Maguire looking good on 112, but Trump has made 2 centuries but Xiao still has highest break so far with 106 fml

Edit - Judd with a 133 to clinch the match
                                                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 02-12-13, 21:40.

Comment

Great start for Europe in Mosconi Cup getting off to a 3-0 start. 2 Golden breaks so far, and +1.5 golden breaks for the tournament was 11/8 before it kicked off.

Comment

Great start for Europe in Mosconi Cup getting off to a 3-0 start. 2 Golden breaks so far, and +1.5 golden breaks for the tournament was 11/8 before it kicked off.
                                                                                                  They made a balls of this years Mosconi cup by hand picking those teams for the anniversary year.

Morris and Hatch are cabbages who aren't in the top 10 on the yank rankings, Strickland is only there for entertainment, the only Yank deserving of a place is SVB. Might as well bring back Charlie fucking Williams or Shannon Daulton.

The European team is a farce without the current world 9 ball champion and world number one and last years MVP ( first year ever the MVP wasn't back).

Load of bollocks.

On a seperate note Appleton is a beast

Comment

They made a balls of this years Mosconi cup by hand picking those teams for the anniversary year.

Morris and Hatch are cabbages who aren't in the top 10 on the yank rankings, Strickland is only there for entertainment, the only Yank deserving of a place is SVB. Might as well bring back Charlie fucking Williams or Shannon Daulton.

The European team is a farce without the current world 9 ball champion and world number one and last years MVP ( first year ever the MVP wasn't back).

Load of bollocks.

On a seperate note Appleton is a beast
                                                                                                    Agree with pretty much all of that. Even on the Europeans, that Greek guy and Melling are top 10 and don't get in. Speaking of past yanks, i see Corey Duel is over playing the World Amateur Snooker Championships. Looks like he didn't make it out of the group though. Michael Judge playing also

I've a decent bet on Appleton to outscore Archer and if he beats Morris, he'll be 3 up on Archer already. Have a couple of bets on Europe too

Monday December 2nd sees Europe and the USA go to battle where tempers run high, adrenaline is flowing and generally it’s those that can hold their nerve the longest will...

Looking like a good week of betting with me getting that 5 man high break accum up tonight on the snooker. Roll on tomorrow!

Comment

Agree with pretty much all of that. Even on the Europeans, that Greek guy and Melling are top 10 and don't get in. Speaking of past yanks, i see Corey Duel is over playing the World Amateur Snooker Championships. Looks like he didn't make it out of the group though. Michael Judge playing also

I've a decent bet on Appleton to outscore Archer and if he beats Morris, he'll be 3 up on Archer already. Have a couple of bets on Europe too

Monday December 2nd sees Europe and the USA go to battle where tempers run high, adrenaline is flowing and generally it’s those that can hold their nerve the longest will...

Looking like a good week of betting with me getting that 5 man high break accum up tonight on the snooker. Roll on tomorrow!
                                                                                                      I just backed Appleton in pretty much every market. Guys an animal.

Also Corey Duel won the US snooker championships a while back but I think the high break in the whole thing was 60 odd. Standard is brutal but he win earned him a spot in the World amateurs. He was like a comedy entrant though, a yank snooker player would be looked on similarly to a leprechaun or some such figure of amusement

Comment

This thing could be over already. Farce of an event

Comment

What a mistake by Ronnie missing the black to gift Campbell the frame

Comment

Murphy/Higgins double is 17/10 on boyles any ideas lads ??

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                              I'm on a Walden/Murphy double from earlier, and i've backed Maguire for tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                It's closer to 19/10 with PP btw

Comment

I'm on a Walden/Murphy double from earlier, and i've backed Maguire for tonight.
                                                                                                                  Cool think I might just spectate tonight. Gl with your bet t.

Comment

Anyone know what the e/w terms on the outright market were with PP antepost??

Comment

watched the earl Strickland story sky are running at the mo(on again at 12 tonight) hes bi polar but don't think that covers how nuts he is
                                                                                                                      hope james wade doesn't see it

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone know what the e/w terms on the outright market were with PP antepost??
                                                                                                                        Think it was the same as it is now, 1/2 odds top 2

Comment

Jaysus Hatch is brutal. He got his pick because he is loud and interacts with the crowd, doesn't matter that he can't play pool

Might as well have picked Will Smith

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X