Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
    My point is I don't fancy an injury ravaged Everton away to Spurs an an Arsenal side without a striker (which lets face it is what they are) at anfield

As for me, I'll be Sunderland will be my main bet, possibly with a side of Villa :-)
    Anyone who took a contrarian view to either of us would have cleared up! No point even heading to town to drown my sorrows as it's dreadful out.

Comment

Spurs Liverpool-1 everton treble.

Also a bit or arsenal.
      airport, lol

Comment

max bet on southampton again for me. anybody have any opinions, 5/4 atm

7/5 now

sunderland resting players! Sunderland starting line up: Ustari, Čelůstka, Dossena, O'Shea, Vergini, Cattermole, Larsson, Giaccherini, Gardner, Scocco, Borini. #SAFC

southampton some also.
        line up vs Sunderland: Davis; Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw; Wanyama, Davis, Guly, Lallana, Ward-Prowse; Lambert

14:26 the worst i have seen them play this year, very surprising as they were in with a good chance of fa cup with all big teams playing each
        other and safe in the league
        Last edited by poprock; 15-02-14, 14:29.

Comment

The Strongest DnB @3/1 looks a very nice price away to Oriente Petrolero - starting in 5 minutes
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            The Strongest DnB @3/1 looks a very nice price away to Oriente Petrolero - starting in 5 minutes
            like this bet from just watching the first 15 mins inrunning on bet365....i'm on!

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
              like this bet from just watching the first 15 mins inrunning on bet365....i'm on!
              but sry where u get 3/1 for DnB? 3/1 of away win is all i see...which i took but 3/1 DnB would be alot better obv

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                but sry where u get 3/1 for DnB? 3/1 of away win is all i see...which i took but 3/1 DnB would be alot better obv
                was 3/1 DnB on totesport before the off and was 11/4 on bet365 at the same time(I don't have tote so am on at 11/4 myself for 25)

edit: bleh losing 1-0 now. and a losing bet... I feel really bad because I was after such a good weekend I felt bad not sharing the profits with ipb and bamm.... a loser happens! I forgot I had this on another bet too(should have greened out at half time) so I lost 65 odd on this so I don't feel too bad now
                Last edited by mdoug; 17-02-14, 00:50.
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Really liking Steaua Bucharest to win both halves at home versus Cluj today @ 13/10 with PP.

Cluj haven't played a competitive game since the winter break on 19th December, and had just 1 friendly on 24th Jan, losing 5-1 at home to some mickey mouse Austrian team. Steaua played a league came on 14th Feb, winning 4-0 at home to put them back top of the league, unbeaten in 18 games.

Their home record is 7 wins and 1 draw, scoring 25 and conceding 3. Cluj's sit 2nd bottom of the league and their away record is 1 draw and 7 defeats, scoring 4 and conceding 21.

Steaua have won both halves in their last 5 home games (including a game versus the then league leaders), in 6 of the 7 games they won at home, and were leading at HT in all 8 home league games.

PP have Steaua as 1/8 to win the game, so i can't help feeling there's some value in 13/10 to win both halves.

Edit - 10 mins get a goal in the first half, come on the fk!
                  Last edited by Flushdraw; 18-02-14, 16:51.

Comment

Last minute goal in the 1st half. Just need a couple more in the 2nd now!

Edit - That was a lot closer than i was hoping, but 1-0 wins in each half gets the job done.
                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 18-02-14, 18:06.

Comment

PSG -1
                      PSG -2
                      IBRA FGS.
                      Negredo FGS

City,PSG, Munich treble.

Champions League is back

Comment

100 Euros on City to qualify 7/4

Comment

Going in small on City now at 3/1.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                            PSG -1
                            PSG -2
                            IBRA FGS.
                            Negredo FGS

City,PSG, Munich treble.

Champions League is back
                            wp on PSG HC, what price the -2?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              wp on PSG HC, what price the -2?
                              Thanks, 15/2

I bottled the -1 HT @8/1 but cant complain.

Comment

2 Q's - Is Arteta injured/suspended & will Ozil take peno's/some free's instead?

Who is Sanogo?

Comment

Atletico and Bayern double @3/1 PP
                                  Atletico-1 and Bayern-1 double @11/1 PP
                                  Atletico -1 HT @9/1 PP
                                  Robben FGS @6s Boyles
                                  Costa FGS @9/2 Boyles

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    2 Q's - Is Arteta injured/suspended & will Ozil take peno's/some free's instead?

Who is Sanogo?
                                    Not sure who takes the pens if Arteta is not there and never heard of Sanogo.

Done PSG and athletico double lastnight and have a healthy punt on Bayern at 3/4 tonight.
                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Pleze be Ozil - double odds!

Wankbag!

Comment

fuck unlucky mate puke, hated the way he strolled up to the ball.

Comment

All aboard the Napoli train.

Comment

Dortmund -2 for a nifty fifty.
                                            Hamburg going thru a bad patch, also with a new manager.
                                            Van Der vaart out injured too.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Alright lads see ye next year!
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Couple of people I rate think Colchester are a big price this evening, 13/5 still available.

Comment

think man utd will take a draw tonite. dont know how good the greeks are, dont seem have a striker and got through a reasonale group though beaten at home 4-1 by psg.

putting on some poxy bets.

1-1 draw
                                                  rooney first goal. ( to keep the patronising thats why he is worth 300k comments going)

man utd have not got too many yellows in this year cl and the greeks might have to put in a challenge or 2 early with the crowd in full voice so:

olympicacos first card looks good. also before 29th minute for any booking.

there has been a few penalties given in these last 16 matches and for one to be scored by either team looks like a good shout.

Probably go over on the corners too (10). they should chawk up that between them

Comment

Had an interest bet on utd,over 10 corners and over 40 card index at 10/1.

Comment

Higuain is 29/20 with BetVictor to score anytime v Swansea. He's 6/5 Coral and odds on everywhere else. He's scored 3 in last 2 games and scored in each of Napoli's home games in the CL group phase against Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund (4 in total) so doesn't hide on the big stage.

Comment

Approx 100 days to the world cup!! going to enjoy the shit out of it with the social kick off times.

Surely some value to be had with the bigger priced European teams. Thinking of backing France (25), Italy (28), Holland (28), England (33) and Portugal (33) to a levelish stake. Would be looking at slightly better than 5s for any of the above, would surely provide some bit of a sweat.

Comment

Higuain is 29/20 with BetVictor to score anytime v Swansea. He's 6/5 Coral and odds on everywhere else. He's scored 3 in last 2 games and scored in each of Napoli's home games in the CL group phase against Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund (4 in total) so doesn't hide on the big stage.
                                                          Never in doubt

Comment

There might be nothing in this, and i'm guessing a little but possible value in this.

Western Sydney Warriors are playing Newcastle Jets in the early hours of the morning. It's the Warriors 3rd game in a week and they may shuffle their pack a little after a 3-1 cup defeat in Asia. They are sitting 2nd in the table with just 1 defeat in 9 home games and playing a team 2nd bottom. None of that really matters though

Their top scorer with 6 goals from 13 games is Tomi Juric. He sat out the recent cup defeat after picking up a hamstring injury and had previously spent the last few games warming the bench, but he did come on at HT in their last league game and got on the scoresheet.

The Western Sydney Wanderers will take their first steps in the Asian Champions League without top striker Tomi Juric, who has been ruled out with a hamstring injury.
                                                            Juric came on at half-time during Saturday night’s 2-0 win over Perth Glory and scored the decisive goal before picking up the strain at the end of the match.
                                                            The 22-year old’s absence is a considerable blow as the Wanderers seek success in their first foray into Asian football, against Korean side Ulsan Hyundai at home on Wednesday night.
                                                            “It’s a little disappointing that he got a little niggle on the weekend,” coach Tony Popovic said on Tuesday. “After he came off on the weekend, I knew he was out immediately. The medical staff is pretty optimistic it will be a short-term injury. Whether that’s [this] weekend or not remains to be seen, but if we’re talking about possibilities [of playing] for this weekend [against Newcastle at home], that’s a good sign.”

He's best priced 7/1 to score first goal, 23/10 to score anytime and 12/1 to score 2 or more around the numerous bookies. That doesn't include PP though who have him 25/1 to score 1st goal, 10/1 to score anytime and 100/1 to score 2 or more.

No idea if he'll even start, but if he doesn't, all bets will be void anyway but it may be worth looking at if anyone is awake coming close to kickoff to see if he is in the team and put some pennies on it.

Hopefully he finds himself in the right place at the right time and can do this again!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 01-03-14, 23:01.

Comment

Well spotted. May have a small punt in case odds don't last
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Clearly a rick on thier part. Will more than likely be void as a palpable error if he scores but suppose it is on at a good time for it to go unnoticed.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Yer man didn't play anyway. Team lost 2-0, also

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                    Yer man didn't play anyway. Team lost 2-0, also
                                                                    Yeah i didn't think he would start would it was worth a spin. Will stick the PP loots on Parma to beat Sassuolo @ 6/5 instead.

Sas have lost their last 6 games and bar the freak 4-3 win over Milan, they've lost 11 of their last 12. Parma are actually the form side in Italy over the last 5 games and they are unbeaten in their last 13 league games so 6/5 is a tad generous imo

Comment

Is auguero back?
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Is auguero back?
                                                                        Yes

Comment

Anyone know if double bubble on Boyles applies to the league cup final

/thinly disguised after time

Edit - it is. Sweeeet
                                                                          Last edited by KevIRL; 02-03-14, 14:25.

Comment

It does indeed, enjoy that 32/1 you aftertiming cnt
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Edit - it is. Sweeeet
                                                                              What was this double bubble?

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                                                                What was this double bubble?
                                                                                Double odds if score in first 20 mins. Been going a while and comes in an awful lot. Suarez 7/2 becoming 7/1 was nice yesterday
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Oh right that one forgot all about it yeah decent special that 1.Nice 1 kev u after timing cunt

Comment

Long sweat that flushdraw, nice call stuck them in a treble along with some ridiculous 2 euro accumulators
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      Long sweat that flushdraw, nice call stuck them in a treble along with some ridiculous 2 euro accumulators
                                                                                      Yeah watched the last 15 mins on Bet365 and they never looked in danger tho. Had them as a single on PP and in a double with Tigre @ 9/5 but that game doesn't kick off til 8pm tonight

Comment

Not football, but backed Malmo to beat Skovde in the Swedish Handball league earlier because they were the odds against and i heard whispers that they should be favourites so that's good enough for me
                                                                                        Sweating the live updates now with them trailing at 12-11 at half-time. Fun times!

Edit 27-26 ftw lol
                                                                                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 03-03-14, 19:37.

Comment

I think Newcastle away to Fulham is a good bet today @ 8/5 on the back of a couple of wins and against a very poor Fulham team who haven't won a premier league game since New years day, regardless of Pardews ban.

Chelsea have been scoring a few goals recently so I have went with them -1 v villa who haven't been great defensively.

As well as the two singles I threw in Southampton for a small treble
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

PP enhanced treble of Man City, Everton, Newcastle @ 5/1 looks good to me

Comment

Maybe it's just me being a Liverpool fan but is 2/1 not a generous price for them tomorrow?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Just shows the levels Ronaldo has been hitting over the last few years.

1/6 anytime scorer tonight!

Comment

Just shows the levels Ronaldo has been hitting over the last few years.

1/6 anytime scorer tonight!
                                                                                                  Just seen this too, insane. 6/4 fgs also.

Eto FGS @7/2
                                                                                                  Hazard First Assist @6/1

My two interest bets for tonight.

Comment

With Cardiff at 9/1 and -1 at 25/1. Come on you bluebirds
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Did a bet of Man City, Everton, Leeds and MK Dons there as in pub beside bookies. Leeds as I'm a fan an MK as the missus is from there. Such a fookin sweat! Feck aftertiming - MK losing my bet all the way thru and was very close to throwing skip in bin at 77 mins gone and beside a bin. Decided there was still hope even at 3-0 down and can't believe I was was right!! Can see how lads get hooked on betting on the pools etc every week now 😃 Milkybars are on me!

Comment

Placed a bet on PP today for the Al Ahly v Smouha SC match but it was postponed. What's the rule here? Got on to support and he said that the bet stands for the rescheduled game and then decided to cut me off when i was asking to clarify it. The odds could be completely different when the game comes around. Surely it's just a void bet/refund, no?

Comment

Placed a bet on PP today for the Al Ahly v Smouha SC match but it was postponed. What's the rule here? Got on to support and he said that the bet stands for the rescheduled game and then decided to cut me off when i was asking to clarify it. The odds could be completely different when the game comes around. Surely it's just a void bet/refund, no?
                                                                                                          There should be a time limit (7-10 days) on when the match has to be played, otherwise its void

Comment

There should be a time limit (7-10 days) on when the match has to be played, otherwise its void
                                                                                                            Used to always be 24 hours no? I was pretty certain my bets in the past were refunded if the rematch was longer than 24 hours away and kept on if they weren't I no longer trust my memory
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              Used to always be 24 hours no? I was pretty certain my bets in the past were refunded if the rematch was longer than 24 hours away and kept on if they weren't I no longer trust my memory
                                                                                                              You're proably right. I was just guessing at the timeframe.

Comment

An unplayed or postponed match that is not completed before the end of the next calendar day (local time in the country the match is being played) after the original kick-off time (official kick-off time as opposed to Paddy Power's time) will be treated as a non-runner for settling purposes.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

City
                                                                                                                  Everton
                                                                                                                  Arsenal
                                                                                                                  Bayren

just a tad over 7/1
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Are people really backing city at 5/4 to win tonight.

Comment

Are people really backing city at 5/4 to win tonight.
                                                                                                                      Why not? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                        Why not? Seriously?
                                                                                                                        Can't see how's it's ever profitable. 5/4 is madness.

Comment

Can't see how's it's ever profitable. 5/4 is madness.
                                                                                                                          It's a mad price, Utd's home price should really be the value.
                                                                                                                          I still made the bet mind
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X