3/6 HU 2 hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/6 HU 2 hands

First off can't get the hand converter to work properly(anyone know why it won't show suits?).

Hand 1
    Villain is very good reg.Now I mean he is a very good 6 max reg only have 150 hands or so hu with him. Plenty aggro and a good hand reader.

So we are in good shape against a lot of hands how do we proceed best on the turn? Whats his calling range to our flop raise?

BTN/SB: $1592.00
    Hero (BB): $689.00

Pre Flop: ($9.00) Hero is BB with Qh 8h Qd 9c
    BTN/SB raises to $18, Hero calls $12

Flop: ($36.00) Th Qc 3h (2 players)
    Hero checks, BTN/SB bets $30.00, Hero raises to $102, BTN/SB calls $72

Turn: ($240.00) 9d (2 players)
    Hero???

Hand 2
    This hand is actually 5/10
    Villain is real aggro 3 betting 19%/20%oop. cbet 90% of 3bet pots.
    I'm not sure if I like to flat and call any river here or raise now, opinions??

Hero (BTN/SB): $1980.00
    BB: $2306.00

Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BTN/SB with 7s 7c kc 4s
    Hero raises to $30, BB raises to $90, Hero calls $60

Flop: ($180.00) Ah 4d 7h (2 players)
    BB bets $108, Hero raises to $216, BB calls $108

Turn: ($612.00) 9c (2 players)
    BB bets $534, Hero ???
    Last edited by Aya14; 04-03-11, 22:36.

Is the 2nd hand 5/10?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Is the 2nd hand 5/10?
      my bad it is, got some hands mixed up.
      Last edited by Aya14; 04-03-11, 22:37.

Comment

I dont play much yamaha but why no 3 bet in hand 1? and 1 hand beats u in hand 2. 200bbs deep or not i am jamming HU.

Comment

are these your hands? the first one looks really familiar from 2+2

the second hand is a super easy shove

First hand I bet get it in or check get it in, I think both ar efine, he should bet wide enough sv a check to let you profitably shove, and he could use blockers or something to bluff raise when we lead, and we will always have enough to get it in

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
            I dont play much yamaha but why no 3 bet in hand 1? and 1 hand beats u in hand 2. 200bbs deep or not i am jamming HU.
            I didn't 3 bet this hand and wouldn't with this or similar against a good player.
            In some situations(stack depth/game flow) I will just not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
              are these your hands? the first one looks really familiar from 2+2

the second hand is a super easy shove

First hand I bet get it in or check get it in, I think both ar efine, he should bet wide enough sv a check to let you profitably shove, and he could use blockers or something to bluff raise when we lead, and we will always have enough to get it in

First hand is against sillybet on FTP.
              So does he float the flop enough that if he checks behind on the turn we are check/calling any river.

Comment

Hand 1; bet out on the turn,2many scare cards to hit if he checks bhind on turn, looks like he cud b leaden out wit flush draw,dont think he,d float an open ender,

hand 2; im geten it all in on turn,flop middle pair heads up,not leten go

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                  Hand 1; bet out on the turn, too many scare cards to hit if he checks behind, looks like he could be leading out with a flush draw, I don't think he would float an open ender.

hand 2; I'm getting it all in on the turn, we flop middle set heads up, I am not letting go
                  FYP

Comment

Depends how aggro he is whether I check raise or bet call. Think I'd lean towards check raise, I think he'll just call a big bet on the turn if he's drawing as he has very little fold equity, some tricky enough rivers then where your nearly gonna have to pay him off. If it was deeper I'd def check raise and was shallower I'd lead call, it's tricky with the stacks.

Second hand seems pretty standard, just get it in.

Comment

Hand one is horrible, how do we feel about flat calling the flop?
                      There was so much you didnt want to see on the turn and that card is one of them.
                      I guess I am bet getting it in as I cannot see a way from the hand, check he checks back is just horrible unless you river some sweetness and it's gonna go in anyway. You may as well get in with some equity.

Hand two seems super standard.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        Hand one is horrible, how do we feel about flat calling the flop?
                        There was so much you didnt want to see on the turn and that card is one of them.
                        I guess I am bet getting it in as I cannot see a way from the hand, check he checks back is just horrible unless you river some sweetness and it's gonna go in anyway. You may as well get in with some equity.

Hand two seems super standard.
                        Flat calling is pretty awful, it's such an action board you can end up getting it in here on the flop a lot.

If he checks back its not the worst, his range narrows so it's easier to play the river.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                          Flat calling is pretty awful, it's such an action board you can end up getting it in here on the flop a lot.

If he checks back its not the worst, his range narrows so it's easier to play the river.
                          That is kinda my point.
                          I'm in work so dont have access to tools but what is our % here vs str8 draw/wrap/fd or combo of the 3?
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That is kinda my point.
                            I'm in work so dont have access to tools but what is our % here vs str8 draw/wrap/fd or combo of the 3?
                            We have the nuts and a flush draw and gut shot. We're obviously in amazing shape vs his range he gets it in with. Sure we're near flipping with some but we dominate so many too. Also if you dont Check Raise top set your balanced range is gonna be in bits on drawy boards.

Comment

We have mortal nuts, blockers to our house outs, a useless (imo) flushdraw & a non-nut gutshot straight draw. The mortal nuts on the flop is in so much trouble on any heart, ace,king,jack,9,8 turn
                              Although at time of play, I'd more than likely play as OP did, I'm wondering if check calling might be a better option.

Comment

We have mortal nuts, blockers to our house outs, a useless (imo) flushdraw & a non-nut gutshot straight draw. The mortal nuts on the flop is in so much trouble on any heart, ace,king,jack,9,8 turn
                                Although at time of play, I'd more than likely play as OP did, I'm wondering if check calling might be a better option.
                                not sure if your taking the piss or not now. if not I'd say you get ran all over in HU games

Comment

My default line is much more aggresive.
                                  However, recent running has made me rethink and I'm just looking at alternative ways to play the hand and if they have merit.
                                  Check raising the flop is standard play. All I'm trying to do is see if another way to play it would be viable.
                                  What's your plan for the turn?
                                  the 9 is a sick card, I'd be check calling

Comment

Well don't let your recent run bad make you re think your default line here. Check raise is by far the best option. your not even thinking of the times you set over set him , or he has two pair and fd (sometimes worse fd) or straight draw etc. your hand is just so strong you want to get as much in as possible.

I wouldn't like check calling as it makes the river hard to play. I much prefer a check raise, you still have decent equity vs a straight and he'll probably bet hands where he's picked up more equity, like FD's and two pairs which turned a straight draw.

Comment

I'm just trying to look beyond, if A happens do B, but I apprieciate the comment.

Comment

i think checking in hand 1 on all 3 streets is way to go ....

Comment

What's your plan for the turn?
                                          the 9 is a sick card, I'd be check calling
                                          I don't get this line at all. If you check call 200 on the turn, the pot is going to be massive meaning calling and folding bad rivers is going to be a massive spew. When the pot becomes so big on an action board you need to protect your hand more than you need to worry about controlling the pot size as it's already big enough where stacks will go in on later streets. You also want to maximize the amount you win when your hand is ahead of undersets or big draws.
                                          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

hand 1.

I thought this was a pretty clear case of bet the turn and get it in if he raises. if he flats the turn we're prepared to check/call a very high precentage of the time on the river also.

Personally i dont think we can presume villain is going to bet the turn with a very high frequency (since the 9 will have hit our flop c/r-range alot also) so we dont have much choice but to bet both for value and protection on this turn.

And surely pot control should be the last thing on our minds since we have huge redraws if indeed villain has binked a str8 on the turn. Most of the rest of the time we have him in pretty bad shape. ching ching.

caveat: i am crap at HUPLO
                                            Last edited by bustamoves; 19-03-11, 08:37.

Comment

Working...
                                            X