Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

SPOILER
    Cunt!
    He's a poster for your wall Shrap

SPOILER
    I'm obviously just insanely jealous, congrats!!
    I'd be over the fecking moon
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

absolutely devastated yesterday, croatia played so well, but everyone still celebrated like crazy in the centre was madness now to go to the parade in a few minutes i fucking love this country <3 HRVATSKA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
        Takes a bit more time with some, but Saffa's gonna Saffa rule always comes into play eventually

His dad makes Woodie Allen look like a saint

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...wn-since-four/
        Side "B" of "The Chicken Song."In the closing verse, the South African chorus names writer and anti-apartheid activist Breyten Breytenbach, exceptionally, as...
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Shrap to arrange next HHE trip pls
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone thinking of buying a phone and has a prime membership might want to check of amazon prime day sales, seen to be selling a few cheap
            Last edited by Guest; 16-07-18, 18:44.

Comment

why the fuck do so many people wear hard rock cafe merchandise?
              You've just had a really shitty overpriced meal but thought it was so great you are now willing to pay you for an even worse value t shirt?
              a short survey shows 28.3% of all American tourists in northern Europe are currently wearing some item from the range
              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-07-18, 16:34.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  You've just had a really shitty overpriced meal but thought it was so great you are now willing to pay you for an even worse value t shirt?
                  a short survey shows 28.3% of all American tourists in northern Europe are currently wearing some item from the range
                  I was sitting in wow burger yesterday tackling a hangover thinking the same thing. They had merchandise there and I was wondering what genius was the first to get people to pay to advertise for them.

The next worst step is superdry, if it's not enough to pay 80e for a top the cunts want you walking around like a NASCAR car sponsored by them.
                  airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Slow news day.? I miss Neymar and his girly ways

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                        I haven't heard of a single real example of anyone using a pressure cooker more than a few times, they then chuck it in a cupboard for a couple of years and then get rid of it. Main problem I'd expect to have with them is not being able to check the progress of something as it is cooking, you can't even taste the contents without releasing the pressure.
                        This is a type of person not a type of appliance IMO. Getting pressure cooker soon.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Comment

end game for Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              its certainly not that, Trump got his payoff and is building up to a plea of insanity to get him off the hook on the US side

Comment

its certainly not that, Trump got his payoff and is building up to a plea of insanity to get him off the hook on the US side

he dived on his sword today, though he didn't know it at the time, poor clown

Comment

Bonus day today, and it was hard to press the "max pension" button over "immediate pleasure" button but by god I did it.

Thanks for the pressure cooker and slow cooker replies. I guess I was wondering is slow cooker food bland (probably) but I'm lazy and it appeals to me. Pressure cooker seems like more work but better food, and I wondered do people cook dishes in it. I also see some do slow cooking too now actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Well worth spending the extra on an 'intelligent cooker's - e.g. this one. The ability to braise / pre-fry / keep warm within the same machine is massive.
                                    That pretty much answers Tara's question. It's a pressure cooker/ slow cooker in one device. What a wonderful time to be alive!
                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

What are you talking about? Both Putin and he are in full agreement that there is no case to answer.

Comment

Yeah I did get a good lol out of them standing together saying there was no collusion.

Comment

...See Henry has left his role on Sky Sports...He was a good pundit, but I wasn't mad about him...I wonder who will come in to replace him, especially if Spitty C doesn't make a comeback...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              This is a type of person not a type of appliance IMO. Getting pressure cooker soon.
                                              Lemme know which one

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Yeah I did get a good lol out of them standing together saying there was no collusion.
                                                Its fucking mind boggling how he spoke today.

[

Pfft kasporov.
                                                He can only play chess in 3D
                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 16-07-18, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  Its fucking mind boggling how he spoke today.
                                                  It would make you nostalgic for simpler times

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jaysis. Surely the worst day in American political history since Watergate (and hard to think of many others).

The President of the United States is the pawn of a KGB thug. Literally couldn't make this shit up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Although Kasparov is clearly a kept US stooge, he does make a lot of sense.
                                                          I've always thought chess pkayers were untrustworthy since I read a biography of Bobby Fischer.

Nuts to the power of infinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Jaysis. Surely the worst day in American political history since Watergate (and hard to think of many others).

The President of the United States is the pawn of a KGB thug. Literally couldn't make this shit up.
                                                            UK Parliament doing a heck of a job trying to compete.

The government's White Paper has just been practically made illegal.

In a vote on an amendment supported by the govt.

We're getting further and further away from the point where there exists an opportunity for this not to be a monumental fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                              [QUOTE

Oh and as almost a side show to the POTUS coming out as a traitorous Kermlin stooge Davis / Rees Mogg/ Boris ambushed May tonight and have sunk her Chequers plan, probably opened a leadership contest and made NoDeal another bit more likely.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Have agreed to take on one more position in work, a senior one (num 5 in parlance used a few months ago about influential num 2 in work for anyone following). Thinking I do this plus run the research area on AI and I'm good to go wherever I want in two years (I think). Going to be an absolute bloodbath of a directorship though. Like there's literally no way I'll survive beyond two years based on the amount of people I'll have to fuck over.
                                                                    Why do you have to fuck anyone over?
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      Why do you have to fuck anyone over?
                                                                      Academia, man.

The fighting is so vicious because the stakes are so low, to quote someone or other.

Comment

What's the name of the 30 for 30 (I think it was anyway) where there was two guys in college basketball. One wanted to finish his degree and never made it big time in basketball.. The other had a great career.. I think that was it anyway.

30 for 30 always seems to pop up in work every 6 months with me stating Survive and Advance is the best

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                          What's the name of the 30 for 30 (I think it was anyway) where there was two guys in college basketball. One wanted to finish his degree and never made it big time in basketball.. The other had a great career.. I think that was it anyway.

30 for 30 always seems to pop up in work every 6 months with me stating Survive and Advance is the best
                                                                          Are you sure you're not talking about Hoop Dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Are you sure you're not talking about Hoop Dreams?
                                                                            D'oh!

That's the one I think

Comment

Justin Bonomo is tearing it up in the poker world for 2018.

He's chip leader with 6 left in the One Drop, with $10m for first.

He's already binked $15m in live cashes in 2018 (not sure on profit because he plays all the high rollers), but you can't argue with runs like this where 6 out of 7 consecutive cashes are all 1st place.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Justin Bonomo is tearing it up in the poker world for 2018.

He's chip leader with 6 left in the One Drop, with $10m for first.

He's already binked $15m in live cashes in 2018 (not sure on profit because he plays all the high rollers), but you can't argue with runs like this where 6 out of 7 consecutive cashes are all 1st place.

One slight nitpick, a few of those wins come from field size of less than 30. A lot easier to get good runs when the field size are so low.

Still impressive cashing though.
                                                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

He must have an absurd HU record at this stage?

Comment

It just seems UK and US are in a battle to out-idiot each other at the moment
                                                                                    Govt change to checkers thing passed by 2
                                                                                    Lib Dems and SNP went missing for the vote (along with loads more)and May looking to move up summer break to stop leadership challenge.

Comment

...

Comment

Is there a book on the type of mysterious death those two interpreters will succumb to in the coming weeks?
                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          Is there a book on the type of mysterious death those two interpreters will succumb to in the coming weeks?
                                                                                          now if either party was in anyway clever, each interpreter would have been a junior intelligence officer.
                                                                                          Sadly the russian probably was an trump had the equivalent of mavis with a stenograph

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            now if either party was in anyway clever, each interpreter would have been a junior intelligence officer.
                                                                                            Sadly the russian probably was an trump had the equivalent of mavis with a stenograph
                                                                                            The pee-pee vids probability of existing just went up by a very large %....

Putin was asked about that and did not deny it.

Comment

Trump would easily bat away a pissing on a brazzer video, that's not it. Has to be something bigger.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Putin speaks perfect english. There would be no need whatsoever for interpreters when doing the only real business on the agenda of of passing over whatever the modern day equivalent of a Swiss Bank Account is.

The business of calling Europe a 'foe' and failing to even mention any of the various wars or the chemical attack on the UK was like a desperate employee trying to hit a series of performance targets in the final days before their performance evaluation

There is something really extraordinary going on at home, the Republicunts are backing off calling him out on this. Trump has the moronic core vote on a tight rein and a substantial section of the rich and powerful Fintard cohort playing the role of enthusiastic collaborators, this like everything else the arseclown does is going to be allowed by the moral midgets of the Republican party.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah what Raoul said. Everyone in academia has such a high opinion of themselves that they feel being told to do anything is fcking them over. In this case I need to kick out their closely held PhD students. It's going to be a nightmare.
                                                                                                        So, where do you want to be in 2 years time?

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah what Raoul said. Everyone in academia has such a high opinion of themselves that they feel being told to do anything is fcking them over. In this case I need to kick out their closely held PhD students. It's going to be a nightmare.
                                                                                                            How/why would somebody kick out a few phd students?

Comment

But this idea that Russia is the 'enemy' is sad and destructive. No one needs to be anyone's enemy. The only reason enemies normally exist is to satisfy people who have no life and make them think that having an enemy gives them a sense of belongingness.
                                                                                                              So let countries with Nukes kill people in your country, interfere with your elections and call you the enemy in order to impress there own people without saying anything

5Star, you gotta let me curse at people sometimes

Comment

But this idea that Russia is the 'enemy' is sad and destructive. No one needs to be anyone's enemy. The only reason enemies normally exist is to satisfy people who have no life and make them think that having an enemy gives them a sense of belongingness.

To be honest, I dont think I personally know a person more likely to be kompromat-ed

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                  So let countries with Nukes kill people in your country, interfere with your elections and call you the enemy in order to impress there own people without saying anything

5Star, you gotta let me curse at people sometimes
                                                                                                                  You can curse at hitch all you want. It's cursing and meaning it in the most insulting fashion that I'd rather didn't happen as it only causes me headaches.

Comment

'We' are the liberal democracies of the West. The least imperfect set of countries that have ever existed. We are the gold standard for countries and we have shared values and ideals that make life for our citizens better than for any humans that have ever walked the planet.

Putin, in many ways, is the antithesis of these values. Which you could live with in the abstract - but he has actively set out to undermine the institutions of the West. He is not our friend, he is our enemy and must be confronted implacably until he backs down.

That's why the President of the United States unilaterally siding with our enemy against our own institutions and values is such an appalling phenomenon.

Comment

I presume a few people here have some of the Amazon Alexa gizmos? Are they much actual use? Seem a bit gimmicky when I google around for useful things you can actually do with them.

EDIT: See for instance this article:
                                                                                                                      Get a new Echo and want some ideas on what to do with it? Thinking about buying one and curious about Alexa's appeal? You, my friend, have come to the right collection of images and captions.

21 slides on 'the best things you can do with Amazon Echo' and it's like, 'it has an aux out port', and 'it has an app to tell you cool things you can do with it' as it's first two selling points after 'play spotify' and 'you can get different shells for it like new covers for a Nokia 3210'
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Keane; 17-07-18, 13:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        I presume a few people here have some of the Amazon Alexa gizmos? Are they much actual use? Seem a bit gimmicky when I google around for useful things you can actually do with them.
                                                                                                                        I have two. Daughter fucking loves them. I enjoy it, it's not life changing, not yet as I have no real IOT stuff linked.
                                                                                                                        Have it linked with spotify and it's good for multi room music, radio alarms, cooking timers, general knowledge and a few games etc.
                                                                                                                        My two year old has called out to Alexa for backup a few times when in trouble with me or her mammy which is both fantastically endearing and potentially terrifying .

It also sometimes has the habit of picking up the odd thing said on the tv and randomly spurting facts and answers to questions that havent been asked. Or just laughing. Which if you are watching tv while under an influence at 4am is quite the experience

oh and here is a simple rule of thumb for you.
                                                                                                                        Any article that has click through bullet points is generally tat
                                                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 17-07-18, 13:57.

Comment

Feck off Hitch!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X