Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    If they wore a badge in a public place not just full of their fellow church goers it would be similar. However virtue signalling as we know it is more about signalling you are down with the PC subject of the time. Conservatism is the new counter culture so its debatable if that would be true virtue signalling that is generally referred to although it would still be a type of virtue signalling.
    Insert random irrellevant movie quote

Narrator: I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species

Comment

Modern internet buzz terms such as virtue signalling, SJW, snowflake ect make me shudder when a grown adult uses them in a debate.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Modern internet buzz terms such as virtue signalling, SJW, snowflake ect make me shudder when a grown adult uses them in a debate.
        The term 'snowflake' was used in the movie I quoted from above. The best movie from the 90s by a long way.

Comment

Noticing a good few virtue signallers with these little repeal badges on. Almost inevitably most female, little life experience and short/extreme colour hair.
          You're a horrible prick
          airport, lol

Comment

There's so many labels being thrown around that I'm not even sure what I am anymore.

Right-wing economically.
            Progressive\liberal socially.
            A ponce in many arenas.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              And Protestant countries just so happen to be scattered around the German weather nexus which restricted diet variability.

Range of ingredients is key, and therefore weather is key as multi-climates and mild weather helps increase range of raw ingredients. If you have 100 raw ingredients, then you could combine them into 10000 two-ingredient dishes. If you have 1000 raw ingredients you have a million potential two ingredient dishes. So the more likely that winner cusines will emerge in a society that originally had access to more base ingredients as they could experiment more.

Am just spitballing here though. No idea.
              It seems more logical than religious reasons.

I will note though that Northern prods (invariably ladeez) are wonderful bakers.

Comment

Noticing a good few virtue signallers with these little repeal badges on. Almost inevitably most female, little life experience and short/extreme colour hair.

You just forgot to mention the libtards and the cucks and you'd have had the full breitbart thesaurus box ticking exercise complete!

Comment

If they wore a badge in a public place not just full of their fellow church goers it would be similar.
                  They wear silly looking muck on their foreheads and Roman execution apparatus around their necks.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    You're a horrible prick
                    Surely there are better ways to get a viewpoint across than this type of post?

Comment

There's never been a better time to not care about things.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Surely there are better ways to get a viewpoint across than this type of post?
                        Most likely. I stand by it all the same.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          There's never been a better time to not care about things.
                          The 1930's were quite good like that.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            I pegged you as a bit younger.

Mind blown .

Comment

Comment

Then all the physicists got handy government jobs. Thanks for backing up my point

Comment

This is incorrect, it is the modern "Friends" or "How I met your mother" test

Ooooh my favorite comedy show is Friends/How I met your mother, I have a great sense of humour and everyone thinks im such fun

Quote Honda and move on!
                                  Last edited by Guest; 30-04-18, 08:58.

Comment

If they wore a badge in a public place not just full of their fellow church goers it would be similar. However virtue signalling as we know it is more about signalling you are down with the PC subject of the time. Conservatism is the new counter culture so its debatable if that would be true virtue signalling that is generally referred to although it would still be a type of virtue signalling.
                                    Virtue signaling is, by definition, publically signaling your moral virtue. The point about not just surrounded by fellow church goers is fair imo. Mass goers aren't signaling, they are just going about their business. Somebody with one of those Jesus Fush car stickers, or similar religious symbol is signaling, obviously.

But that kinda exposes your tunnel vision Jack. I think fair to say on this forum you aren't surrounded people who share your views. Yet you continue to preach your conservative religious dogma. Preaching a viewport, based on an precieved religious or moral fortitude is also virtue signaling.

Comment

Think it's based on diversity of available ingredients and weather. Scandies have fish and not much else, so their diet revolves quite boringly around fish. France has a few different climates and loads of suitable agriland so has a very varied diet. Same with Spain, Italy. Germany has a much colder winter though, so needs more more food full of fat and had less opportunity to come up with a broad range of cuisines to suit seasons - there's much more meat as a result. A bit like Eastern Europe. That weather also influenced choices cuisines made - e.g. much more pickling in Germany for cold-weather preservation - meaning that influences their recipes more.
                                      And Protestant countries just so happen to be scattered around the German weather nexus which restricted diet variability.

Range of ingredients is key, and therefore weather is key as multi-climates and mild weather helps increase range of raw ingredients. If you have 100 raw ingredients, then you could combine them into 10000 two-ingredient dishes. If you have 1000 raw ingredients you have a million potential two ingredient dishes. So the more likely that winner cusines will emerge in a society that originally had access to more base ingredients as they could experiment more.

Am just spitballing here though. No idea.
                                      Was reading the build up to this last night before bed. Before I went to sleep my brain was turning it over.
                                      I'd a lovely load of ould waffle all lined up. It touched upon the reverence of ingredients tied to catholic guilt, acts of indulgence and feast days and you ruined it with your stupid fact and weather based approach.
                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 30-04-18, 11:20.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                        how expensive is malta tony/mrsFD ? also any live stuff coming up soon there ? will be mostly on the coast here in croatia for summer but if the weather is still decent there in winter i might go there for a few months, also if anyone has not been to croatia or is thinking about it for holiday this year i recommend it 100%
                                        Hey, I know Tony posted, but here is the woman's perspective as I buy the food shopping, pay the bills etc

If it's a single guy, you can get a place around Gzira/Msida for 5-600 per month, or you can room share for less with all bills thrown in.

My daughter works in a bakers shop and is paid €5 an hour, she is just turned 17. As Tony said, shop workers would be getting about €1000 a month in their hand. But once you move into Finance and IT jobs it doubles. The cream of the crop is the iGaming where some folks earn silly money!

I get an online order for our food shop. It is between 70-110 per week depending what I have planned. There are 5 of us. We get the kid to buy fresh milk/bread as we need through the week.

There is Lidl and Iceland where you can get stuff cheap enough, but since we don't bother with a car, I just get mine online. Some stuff is ridic cheap and some expensive.

Internet and phones are pretty cheap. You just top up with €10 a month to get the island wifi with Melita and the internet can be about €29 per month.

Utilities are dirt cheap too. We had been paying 100 a month to our landlord and ended up with 5 months free as we hadn't used that up. Bear in mind we have teenagers etc and have high usage of all of the above!

Unless you land at St Pauls Bay, Buggiba end, everything is within walking distance or a bus, which there are LOADS of. You can get anywhere with them. We all have the Tallinja cards and I rarely use mine as my office is 7 mins walk door to door. The eldest is free as she is over 16 and studying and the other two get free school transport. It is only Tony that has any travel expense. And as he said, capped at €26pm. It wouldn't pay us to have a car with those costs!

Eating out is pretty cheap too, and there are some great wee spots. You can grab a huge pizza slice at the pasticceria which are all over the place from anything from €1-3.00 per slice.
                                        A bottle of wine in a pub is like €7-8 for the whole bottle, no point buying a glass if you having more than one!

The weather starts to cool from October onward, but it is still up to 20 coming to Christmas. As long as you have a place with air con you will be fine as you switch to reverse for heat. Feb is the coldest month where it can get down to 10 at night, and even 13 during the day!

I hope that has filled in any blanks and is a help

Comment

I have a friend in the states who is totally Pro-Life and a Born again Christian. Even she is appaled at the whole 8th thing. She thinks it is barbaric what happens to woman here.

We had been chatting about it and even with her religious and her pro-life belief, she thinks that woman should have a right to decide for herself.

The Catholic church has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Reminder to vote in ongoing Music King matches:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                Preaching a viewport, based on an precieved religious or moral fortitude is also virtue signaling.
                                                Yes this is a fair point I guess the point I was making virtue signalling in its initial carnation was to do with the PC brigade but as the fight back against that continues you are right there will virtue signalling on the other side.

Comment

Yes this is a fair point I guess the point I was making virtue signalling in its initial carnation was to do with the PC brigade but as the fight back against that continues you are right there will virtue signalling on the other side.
                                                  To your mind, what is political correctness?
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Whilst it didn't have that name at the time surely the origin of virtue signalling in abortion referenda is 1983, when a rosette proclaiming your pro-life support was pretty much de riguer and a lighted candle the prop of choice.

Comment

Is that not a lobsided view?
                                                      You are trying to justify it on one side as "fighting back". Yet, it's existed on that side first, decades ago. In this debate, in other debates and in life generally. Falling into the exactly role you're complaining about is slightly hypocritical.
                                                      I also seem to remember you were outraged at people coming #home2vote for repeal, yet never once complained about people coming home to vote against repeal. You're entitled to pick either side (or neither), but do you not think it's a little disingenuous and immature to hold them to completely different standards?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Whilst it didn't have that name at the time surely the origin of virtue signalling in abortion referenda is 1983, when a rosette proclaiming your pro-life support was pretty much de riguer and a lighted candle the prop of choice.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/story-...al-coup-614595
                                                        Fascinating article, thanks for posting that.

Comment

Virtue signaling is, by definition, publically signaling your moral virtue. The point about not just surrounded by fellow church goers is fair imo. Mass goers aren't signaling, they are just going about their business. Somebody with one of those Jesus Fush car stickers, or similar religious symbol is signaling, obviously.

But that kinda exposes your tunnel vision Jack. I think fair to say on this forum you aren't surrounded people who share your views. Yet you continue to preach your conservative religious dogma. Preaching a viewport, based on an precieved religious or moral fortitude is also virtue signaling.
                                                          I need to get my virtue signalling tee on!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            @ Danny, you won't need to skim your walls before painting. Use an industrial stripper and work from the bottom up. Rising steam makes the job a little easier as you work up. If the top layer isn't coming away easily by hand, score it to allow the steam get behind.

The stripper will allow you to scrape away all the backing but you will need to rub the walls afterwards with a light sandpaper before you can paint as the paste will leave a rough residue.
                                                            They'll more than likely need to be skimmed, just for a clean look to the walls.

Does anyone really think Michelle Wolf's speech last night was funny? So boring, her voice could crack a window. Great speech by President Trump in Michigan.
                                                            I'd agree it wasn't very funny at all but she landed a few jokes. The fall out from the joke she made about the press secretary was absolutely hilarious, they got all uppity about that?

FAO Deadparrot I remember you put up article about AMI awhile back and talking about if they turn on Trump, seen the National Enquirer put out an article about Michael Cohen, uh-oh!

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The pc brigade where themselves a fightback(you were one of the people they were fighting for Paddy!)

So... That's who you are!

Multimillionaires screaming "elites" at the well read working poor and having other members of the working poor screaming with them

Good luck with that!

Comment

Is that not a lobsided view?
                                                                You are trying to justify it on one side as "fighting back". Yet, it's existed on that side first, decades ago. In this debate, in other debates and in life generally. Falling into the exactly role you're complaining about is slightly hypocritical.
                                                                I also seem to remember you were outraged at people coming #home2vote for repeal, yet never once complained about people coming home to vote against repeal. You're entitled to pick either side (or neither), but do you not think it's a little disingenuous and immature to hold them to completely different standards?
                                                                When did I ever say I would support anyone home to vote if not entitled to against repeal?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                  To your mind, what is political correctness?
                                                                  A well-meaning (mainly linguistic) initiative that got hijacked and taken to ridiculous lengths?

Comment

Thus, we end up with eejits claiming to be 'gender-fluid.'.....

It wasn't for this that Ronnie Drew died for Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

you would have to say that in the middle of a luke kelly kick
                                                                      Subscribe to Celtic Note YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/3UipN5QBuy Luke Kelly CDs & DVDs from http://www.celticnote.comSubscribe now for more great Irish mu...
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...splay.php?f=34
                                                                        cheers for the reminder
                                                                        enjoyed that

Comment

Direct Democracy Ireland MEP candidate Tom Darcy (alongside the learned Ben Gilroy) gives us a lesson in Irish history on yer man, Constant Markievicz, and h...

Comment

I got my first pair of Loake’s during the week - they are taking a bit of breaking in but are extremely comfortable and made me realize I want to spend more money on nice clothes

I’ve also started using a launderette for shirts - possibly completely anecdotal but I think they last longer than if I wash them myself. Plus no ironing which is a bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                              I got my first pair of Loake’s during the week - they are taking a bit of breaking in but are extremely comfortable and made me realize I want to spend more money on nice clothes

I’ve also started using a launderette for shirts - possibly completely anecdotal but I think they last longer than if I wash them myself. Plus no ironing which is a bonus
                                                                              Polish them and let the polish soak in for 24hours. Repeat this process 2-3 times and you’ll save yourself the pain of “breaking in” the shoes.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                Polish them and let the polish soak in for 24hours. Repeat this process 2-3 times and you’ll save yourself the pain of “breaking in” the shoes.
                                                                                Does it need to be any type of polish in particular? Don’t want to wreck them obv

Comment

I'm looking to write a script that just has to log into a webpage, enter the date of the last working day, and click two buttons. I could do it in AHK but just curious if there's a better option? I've been recommended autoit but it looks like a lot more hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    I'm looking to write a script that just has to log into a webpage, enter the date of the last working day, and click two buttons. I could do it in AHK but just curious if there's a better option? I've been recommended autoit but it looks like a lot more hassle.
                                                                                    AHK sound like it'd be the simplest but python/selenium can do the same

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                      Simply no way he can be a winning player. Full stop, let alone in the sphere of running up that sort of money. Watched him loads and he looks absolutely awful, what he only decided to do fundamentally awful stuff when he is on T.V. No/one seems to have a rashers where the dough came from. Binked bitcoin or something who knows.
                                                                                      It was grim watching him give away the million in front of him to Leon heads in the last 10 minutes of the game. You have to imagine it is a fraction of his overall net worth but he seemed visibility shaken but that could just be a lack of sleep as they had been playing for 12-14 hours. He even had half a million sports bet on the game which was on the TV in the background. Sam didn't look particularly too comfortable with the stakes either throughout the night.

Opr

Comment

Mini Irish show. Watched 2 and it's not bad, worth a look.

airport, lol

Comment

Does it need to be any type of polish in particular? Don’t want to wreck them obv
                                                                                          It depends how far down this rabbit hole you want to go!

If you want shoe trees and all sorts of creams then this is the place to go. I picked up a lovely cedarwood shoe box as a gift to myself on this site.

If you want a tutorial on how to polish your shoes then go here. Crazy stuff but you have to admire the obsession.

Alternatively if you just want to keep it simple. Then a bit of Kiwi from your local Tesco will do grand!

Last edited by V for Vendetta; 30-04-18, 19:24.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A well-meaning (mainly linguistic) initiative that got hijacked and taken to ridiculous lengths?
                                                                                            Fairly spot on.

Comment

The head of state of Australia is....the head of the Church of England. Can't get much more Protestant than that.

Australians love to be reminded of this
                                                                                              The Queen/King used to be head of India, didn't make that Protestant.
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

PS you should still vote Yes, you cunce
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

What the gobshites of this world moan on about is nothing more than codified good manners and it is necessary because stupid people are such cunce

Comment

Oh look me and Zod both using the C word

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                      The Queen/King used to be head of India, didn't make that Protestant.
                                                                                                      A few of them gave it a lash.

Ah, the poor Anglo-Indians.

Despised by the colonisers, despised by the colonised.

Comment

What the gobshites of this world moan on about is nothing more than codified good manners and it is necessary because stupid people are such cunce
                                                                                                        Ah come on.

Good manners are innate. You shouldn't need to be told after age 12.

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You a doctor yet m8?
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Now go home and get your fucking shine box.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Highest volume poster on IPB as well Hitch. A good double.

Comment

Ah come on.

Good manners are innate. You shouldn't need to be told after age 12.
                                                                                                                      Are they? I would have thought they were learned behaviour.
                                                                                                                      In a diverse and fragmented society ways of avoiding speaking and behaving in public that are hurtful or offensive to individuals and groups in society are, for many, things that need to be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                        Now go home and get your fucking shine box.
                                                                                                                        Great Film.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Mini Irish show. Watched 2 and it's not bad, worth a look.

https://youtu.be/2VQJK2P5-l4
                                                                                                                          Youtube deffo seems to be the way forward for anyone with a hankering to make a film.

Im a big casey neistat fan, well, his origional vlog, he seems to be on this crusade since launching the new channel, but he had a great vlog a few days ago comparing buster keating at the start of the moving films to our time now as youtube gathers so much momentum, the groundbreakers now etc.
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X