No announcement yet.

Basketball!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCU v Michigan should be a really competitive game on espn now!!

Comment

Never got to see it myself, but sounds like I saved myself the chance of getting a heart attack anyway. I dunno much about it, just shared someone elses knowledge. A wins a win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        Gonzaga -6.5 v Wichita?
        Note to everyone: second hand tips from anyone better than a first hand tip from me. 2nd half was like a car crash in slow motion.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Whats the story with the Bonus and Double Bonus appearing under team names during the game?

Who are the outright favs?

Comment

for the ncaa games the Bonus means you get a free throw from any foul committed not just a shooting foul, happens when the opposition reach 6 fouls for a given half. If you make the first shot you get a 2nd free-throw.
            Double-Bonus is when they go above 10 fouls per half now you get 2 shots regardless of wheter you make the first or not.

Comment

Florida Gulf Coast became the first ever Fifteen Seed to make the Sweet Sixteen over the weekend.

Pre Tourney favs are mostly all there. Duke currently quite long on Betfair if anyone fancies a bit of interest next weekend.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any danger we could get an IPB weekly basket ball game going?

Comment

Well there is a game in Waterford we have twice a week, anyone could join!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                    Any danger we could get an IPB weekly basket ball game going?
                    Ard Scoil Ris hall ftw!...I thought you got a job in Germany?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                      Well there is a game in Waterford we have twice a week, anyone could join!
                      Where's this on? On Easter hols for 2 weeks atm but after that would be interested. Some evenings alright we throwaround/kickaround when the college hall is free.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                        Where's this on? On Easter hols for 2 weeks atm but after that would be interested. Some evenings alright we throwaround/kickaround when the college hall is free.
                        Play over in Cill Barra Sports Centre in Ballybeg on a Tuesday 5-6 and Friday 4-5, does be a good laugh, sometimes have challenge matches vs teams, have plans to play my D2 Kilkenny league team soon.

Comment

Play over in Cill Barra Sports Centre in Ballybeg on a Tuesday 5-6 and Friday 4-5, does be a good laugh, sometimes have challenge matches vs teams, have plans to play my D2 Kilkenny league team soon.
                          Cool. Might go to it when I'm back for a look! ty

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                            Cool. Might go to it when I'm back for a look! ty
                            Yeah sure send me a pm and.let me know

Comment

Comment

He's back in tonite. Says tonites bet is Robert Morris +8 against Providence. Match is on about 11pm ish.

Comment

Thread seems to have died a bit but with the playoffs around the corner, I thought I'd revive it a little. Only 3 games left in the regular season now.

In the the West, it looks like the Lakers have clinched the 8th spot as they are a game ahead of the Jazz however the Jazz have the easier games playing the Timberwolves twice. That being said the Lakers ie Kobe are playing well and all 3 remaining games are in Staples Center, so i expect wins against The Rockets and The Warriors.
                                  As for the playoffs, assuming nothing changes(although it can), it'll be:
                                  Lakers v Spurs
                                  OKC v Rockets
                                  Nuggets v Warriors
                                  Grizzles v Clippers

The 1st two match ups I believe may be a forgone conclusion, The Lakers with Nash back look like one of the strongest starting 5's but they are just too slow, they no longer really have athletes. Kobe will always be a factor, he's playing amazing, Gasol is playing well too and Howard is getting fitter and looks like he's finding his jump again. That being said I just don't think it's enough. Duncan is the best ever PF and is playing amazing again. Parker is the 2nd best PG in the league and players like Diaw and Leonard just do what they need to, they have the most well drilled team in the league. They are a little slow like the Lakers but bench is deeper and more efficient. I do think the Spurs is a better option for the Lakers because OKC wil run them down so I wouldn't be overly shocked to see Kobe pull the Lakers into contention but probably see it going to the Spurs in 6 games.

2nd match up OKC could potentially sweep the Rockets, James Harden is brilliant but the supporting cast he has is poor with exception to Asik and Parsons, The Rockets way over spent on Jeremy Lin and I can't see him being a factor in the post season, both teams play a similar fast paced game but OKC will have too much. I like Harden but Durant and co will have way too much. I'll say OKC in 5 games.

3rd match up, this is where it gets interesting. I thought The Nuggets could spring a shock in the conference but now I'm not too sure. They have lost their 2nd highest scorer and their highest scorer Ty Lawson is only scoring 16.7 points a game. In my eyes they don't have a superstar. I think Iguodala will score more in the post season but they just don't have a go to guy. The warriors have two quality players in David Lee and Steph Curry but except for Jarrett Jack, Klay Thompson and one or two more the supporting cast ain't great. Yes the Nuggets are weakened and won't compete for the conference but given they have home court and a strong line up even without Gallinari, I'll say the Nuggets in 7 games but will definitely be a good series.

4th match up Grizzles vs Clippers. Can't wait for this, as I said before the Grizzles are going to suffer alot without Rudy Gay I think. Marc Gasol and Randolph are the best inside pairing in the West maybe even in the league but in the post season, I believe a go to guard is essential. Mike Conley is good but is no Rudy Gay. The Clippers have Chris Paul who in my eyes is the best PG in the league right now, D-Rose being out makes it a little easier. Everyone will say what about Griffin, yeah he's quality but I don't expect him to be an offensive factor in this series. I expect Paul, Crawford, Butler, Barnes and maybe Billups to be deciding factors in this. Clippers have arguably the deepest bench in the league and is full of impact guards which should get them over the line here.
                                  It will be close but I expect the Clippers to get there, again home court advantage will help. The Clippers I think will steal a game in Memphis so Clippers in 6 games.
                                  Last edited by Guest; 11-04-13, 10:56.

Comment

Anyone interested in a playoff roundrobin? Pick your winners and in how many games for each round. Everyone throw in something like €20? Logistics can be worked out later but could be an idea?

here are the final playoff match ups: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/18/p...=iref:nbahpt3a

Comment

If anyone has any interest there is a decent enhanced double on PP tonight 5/2 for GSW and Chicago to win at home and advance to the next round.

Thought both would lose 1st round but Chicago proving they have so much more playoff experience while even GSW without David Lee are playing super and think 5/2 is decent.
                                      Also the Spurs are prob gonna get over the line in the West but with OKC shorthanded MEM I feel will beat them in the next round(I'm assuming both get through).

MEM at between 8-1 nd 10-1 is value for the West

Comment

If anyone has any interest there is a decent enhanced double on PP tonight 5/2 for GSW and Chicago to win at home and advance to the next round.

Thought both would lose 1st round but Chicago proving they have so much more playoff experience while even GSW without David Lee are playing super and think 5/2 is decent.
                                        Also the Spurs are prob gonna get over the line in the West but with OKC shorthanded MEM I feel will beat them in the next round(I'm assuming both get through).

MEM at between 8-1 nd 10-1 is value for the West
                                        wish id seen this be4 the game! Without Henrich the Bulls defense is just not good enough. The nets play really boring but effective basketball. It was always going to a game 7!

Comment

Pacers tonight ht/ft at 2/1 is big imo! The rest of the games are ify, but I like the Knicks on the spread or even a couple more if need be, wouldn't touch OKC/Rockets or Clippers/Mem games

Comment

Under 181.5points 10/11 in New York Knicks v Boston celtics looks good to me.

4 outa the 5 games they played so far was under 180 points and only game that went over was the game that went to overtime and it was 84-84 at end of 4th quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by 1foryou3forme View Post
                                              Under 181.5points 10/11 in New York Knicks v Boston celtics looks good to me.

4 outa the 5 games they played so far was under 180 points and only game that went over was the game that went to overtime and it was 84-84 at end of 4th quarter.
                                              does sound gd, only problem is that if melo an JR catch fire they can score at will and Boston always score low but with their season on the line they will step up. Playoffs are unpredictable in that regard. glgl though

Comment

Pacers up by 8 at the half, awful first half by both teams. Knicks running away with it

Comment

Had a saucey treble on.. if only the bulls didnt fuck me lol...
                                                  Poker is like sex, position is everything..

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Duecewilder

Comment

boston comeback 1 TIME!!! lets get some OT going lol

Comment

Winner winner

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                                        Winner winner
                                                        unbelieveable stuff

crowd is going crazy aswell fucking electric in there

Comment

bah all hope is gone now

Comment

Not sure what you guys think but I really like The Grizzles to beat OKC in the next round, prices haven't been put up yet but think with Westbrook out there should be value, OKC are out to 11/5 for the conference now, be interesting to see price now.

Comment

i agree with u there OKC arnt the same team without westbrook and they made tough work of beating houston....anything over 6/4 for memphis to win the series will be a gr8 bet

Comment

i agree with u there OKC arnt the same team without westbrook and they made tough work of beating houston....anything over 6/4 for memphis to win the series will be a gr8 bet
                                                                I think you could get upwards of 11/4

Comment

I hope your right haha that would be great value

Comment

I hope your right haha that would be great value
                                                                    11/4 maybe a bit high cos that would mean OKC would need to be 1/3, not sure if that would make sense! Meh maybe 9/4 be more realistic

Comment

Ya Grizz would be a good bet. All depends on Durant really. If they can keep him quiet (<30ppg) Griz win.

Comment

11/4 maybe a bit high cos that would mean OKC would need to be 1/3, not sure if that would make sense! Meh maybe 9/4 be more realistic
                                                                        Bad news odds are up and memphis are 7/5 on 888sport and there 5/6 everywhere else too win the series not worth it at those odds imo
                                                                        Last edited by 1foryou3forme; 04-05-13, 18:36. Reason: spelling

Comment

Bad news odds are up and memphis are 7/5 on 888sport and there 5/6 everywhere else too win the series not worth it at those odds imo
                                                                          Completely agree their price for the west has been cut in half too, I think OKC must be value now at 11/10, don't want to back the series cos I want to enjoy it

Comment

Canada to cover the -33 h'cap v Cuba

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                              Canada to cover the -33 h'cap v Cuba
                                                                              They are getting better but I'm not convinced yet. International basketball is totally different to NBA. College basketball is probably a better comparison for international games for young players. They're good but very young, they'll definitely win but I wouldn't be sure they'll cover the handicap

Nicolas Batum MVP at the Eurobasket is great value, best priced at 18/1. France should win it out, Spain has no Marc Gasol and winning team usually gets the MVP, although not always in Europe but Tony Parker is waning especially at international level
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 02-09-15, 19:02.

Comment

Working...
                                                                              X