Advice if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice if possible

Recently posted on a - ROI on stars and with helpful comments and a bit of effort, I managed to turn it to a +, so thanks for that for 1.
    Now I am looking for advice on for eg. some days I can't start until late, and find if I start anyway later than say 8oc, I am thinking about next morning, been up with the baby etc and feel as I have to stop regging at 10pm, so I know I'm already in the wrong frame of mind and mindset. I know I am not the only 1 that is up early and there are plenty of grinders that start late and work through the night even when up early,I am just asking if anybody is in the same boat as me or is it my frame of mind and way of thinking? Basically I feel my mind getting tired at say 9 onwards, but yet I dont sleep till 4ish and up at 7 no problem so I know its mental and not physical, any advice on what i could try would be a great help cheers, Glenn
    take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

It has been a while since I played any bit serious but if your not in a near perfect frame of mind you are wasting your time.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I start regging at around 7 once the baby is gone to bed, and stop at 8.
      It's hard to do, but you have to put in the hours and volume.
      Just have to learn and recognize at what level your game is at any given time and switch gears accordingly.
      It can be a b%$@h when you are at a FT as a CL, and you brain suddenly stops working because it's 3am, 7hours into a session and you were at a 9 to 5 the day before, and have to wake up at 7 next day to go to work.
      I got used to it tho.. Took a while tho..

Comment

Originally posted by ibimon View Post
        I start regging at around 7 once the baby is gone to bed, and stop at 8.
        It's hard to do, but you have to put in the hours and volume.
        Just have to learn and recognize at what level your game is at any given time and switch gears accordingly.
        It can be a b%$@h when you are at a FT as a CL, and you brain suddenly stops working because it's 3am, 7hours into a session and you were at a 9 to 5 the day before, and have to wake up at 7 next day to go to work.
        I got used to it tho.. Took a while tho..
        I used to be ok tho, this is something thats not happening that long, its exactly like football, when your brain is tired and you tell your legs to stop running even tho your legs are fine, if that makes sense lol.
        How do you get volume in by regging for 1 hour?? Unless you reg everything thats on in that hour? Surely cant be too profitable? I'd be more selective with games I play tbh, think I'l just have to push myself a little more and just stop letting it get the better of me, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 4ofakind1489 View Post
          I used to be ok tho, this is something thats not happening that long, its exactly like football, when your brain is tired and you tell your legs to stop running even tho your legs are fine, if that makes sense lol.
          How do you get volume in by regging for 1 hour?? Unless you reg everything thats on in that hour? Surely cant be too profitable? I'd be more selective with games I play tbh, think I'l just have to push myself a little more and just stop letting it get the better of me, cheers
          i play on 888,party and iPoker.
          load all MTTs with nice structure with BI up to $20/€20
          Can go through 12-15 MTTs for the session.
          I moved to 20$/20€ stakes but I am not picky, and will load even 1$ MTT if structure is nice.
          Actually going to deposit in one of the merge rooms, to expand the horizon.
          Also thinking of going back to FT, but for only 2 or 3 MTTs that I like there.

Comment

Originally posted by ibimon View Post
            i play on 888,party and iPoker.
            load all MTTs with nice structure with BI up to $20/€20
            Can go through 12-15 MTTs for the session.
            I moved to 20$/20€ stakes but I am not picky, and will load even 1$ MTT if structure is nice.
            Actually going to deposit in one of the merge rooms, to expand the horizon.
            Also thinking of going back to FT, but for only 2 or 3 MTTs that I like there.
            Get ya, tought you were working of the 1 site knew that couldn't be profitable for 1 hour of regging lol. Yea I plauy ipoker aswell, but was concentrating on stars for little while, to turn things around, have done that so can start opening ipoker again aswell, and maybe couple full tilt depending on what time I start at, couple on there I like, havent plaed on 888 whats it like?

Comment

I must admit standard has gone up, but not too much. Structure is bad imo even in FOs.

Comment

I don't start playing until 7 in the evening over 90% of the time because that's when we put the little one down, and i'm awake/up from 7.30am a lot of mornings when the missus is in college or work because the kids are noisy shits and i've to take the little one to school.

Ideally, i'd love to start at 6 (which i do on the odd occasion and earlier on most Sundays) because you can squeeze in another couple of decent games, but even at 7 there's still plenty of games to play. I don't play on stars, and i can fit 25 games in between 7 and 10.30pm with buyins between €5r and €30fo, although i'd cut a lot out now because i'm going through a downswing.

Play the better structured games early on, and try not to reg for a smaller game late on that you might be stuck 1 tabling at all hours in the morning. If i'm deep in a couple of early games, i'd be more inclined to play some smaller games alongside it. I wouldn't worry about your brain stopping working at 3am, because if i'm still in a game at that stage then it's going to be a profitable night. I don't plan on finishing before 1.30am any night, so might reg a turbo up til 11pm, but i don't usually reg that late anymore because there are some games that go on til 5.30am on ipoker that have an ok top prize, but a bust out at 3am before the money tilts me so bad.

There's plenty of stars reg's on here that can point you down that direction, but their smaller buyin games have huge fields and you could easily end up playing til 6am for peanuts, so on the rare occasions i play stars i'd only reg after 9pm if it's going to be worth staying up for.

Comment

I set filters to turbo/hyper turbo along with game/price range if I am on a restricted time frame.
                  ie tonight if you set to Hold-em $5-$11 range turbo and hypers you get 15 games from 7pm to midnight

Comment

try cocaine. you will be able grind tru the nite no bother

Comment

there's a Russian live/online grinder who plays both poker and backgammon for a living, and he takes nootropics.
                      His training videos all concentrate on psychology of the game, and he proposed mate tea, if you don't want to take any pills for concentration.
                      Mate is natural and is available in any health store.
                      Never tried it myself, but next time im in the shops might grab it.

Comment

Working...
                      X