Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please

Guys, have played and tried every different game on stars, big fields, smaller fields, the lot and just cant seem to get many decent results, whereas sometimes its our fault, i believe and feel hard done by varience, bad beats etc 90% of the time. I am currently -900 atm and my roi is -35. Ipoker is no prob for me, its just stars giving me trouble. I play up to 11 dollar tourneys but have to drop to 550 and under atm. Looking to know should i be adding in likes of turbo ko and stuff or am i wasting time and leaving myself open for more disaster? Is volume the key to solving this?? Anything at all would be of great help, even critics, open to all, thanks a lot and will be very much appreciated,
    Glenn
    take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

If you have an roi of -35% in $11 games, I would suggest getting some of your hands looked at by people who know what they are doing, or getting lessons, or generally reading strategy articles about the game, not increasing volume or the types of games you play.

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
      If you have an roi of -35% in $11 games, I would suggest getting some of your hands looked at by people who know what they are doing, or getting lessons, or generally reading strategy articles about the game, not increasing volume or the types of games you play.
      I've done the above and everything was fine, told me to open up more if anything, its not down to been spewy, or calling off light, wouldn't all be 11 dollar games 1 a session usually, and fields with lower buyins bigger fields etc seems you need to win a lot of flips when your ahead that with so many runners and spots, doesn't always happen, have opened up in spots basically trying to build stacks so I'm not at 10bb at every min cash, thanks for suggestion

Comment

you seem to have the mindset of its variance bad beats im so unlucky etc, you say you've had people look over your hands who were they and are they any good, it seems way too easy to say everything is fine and you need to open up more, but opening up more without being competent post flop isn't going to yield good results either its gonna lead to spew and even bigger downswings, you need to be honest with yourself and get the mentality that its all just variance and bad beats out of your head when the reality is it isnt.

Comment

what do you consider a bad beat? 90% of time you say. If it is genuine bad beats keep doing same thing you must be great to get the money in so good all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
            you seem to have the mindset of its variance bad beats im so unlucky etc, you say you've had people look over your hands who were they and are they any good, it seems way too easy to say everything is fine and you need to open up more, but opening up more without being competent post flop isn't going to yield good results either its gonna lead to spew and even bigger downswings, you need to be honest with yourself and get the mentality that its all just variance and bad beats out of your head when the reality is it isnt.
            John Gonzalez, drew peaqoq, p5s instructor. Tbh he didnt give me much value for money, yea I understand I'm obv at fault, just trying to figure out were tho, Like i used to be quite tight, have recently tried 3 betting, picking spots to maybe get chips were i use to not get them as when i was a complete rock, i found when I was itm i was basically working from a 10bb stack and was really always in push fold mode for rest of tourney, ??

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
              what do you consider a bad beat? 90% of time you say. If it is genuine bad beats keep doing same thing you must be great to get the money in so good all the time.
              ok bit of exaggeration on the 90%, obv I'm not great I'm looking for advice lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4ofakind1489 View Post
                John Gonzalez, drew peaqoq, p5s instructor. Tbh he didnt give me much value for money, yea I understand I'm obv at fault, just trying to figure out were tho, Like i used to be quite tight, have recently tried 3 betting, picking spots to maybe get chips were i use to not get them as when i was a complete rock, i found when I was itm i was basically working from a 10bb stack and was really always in push fold mode for rest of tourney, ??
                if you feel this way about him why did you give him this review on his page http://www.pocketfives.com/coaches/drewpeacoq8/ ??

"Got 3 hours of coaching of John, and I must say, I couldn't recommend a better person. For all types of players, he understands and explains everything very clearly, and I am very confident that after that things will start to go a lot better for my own game I most definitely will be back for more "

do you use HEM or poker tracker ? do you review your own HH's ? do you watch training vids ? these are all things you could use or do to improve yourself without coaching. coaching is all well and good but i think paying a premium for a coach who does not specialize in the stakes you're playing isn't really gonna do much good for your game apart from just leak spotting.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                  if you feel this way about him why did you give him this review on his page http://www.pocketfives.com/coaches/drewpeacoq8/ ??

"Got 3 hours of coaching of John, and I must say, I couldn't recommend a better person. For all types of players, he understands and explains everything very clearly, and I am very confident that after that things will start to go a lot better for my own game I most definitely will be back for more "

do you use HEM or poker tracker ? do you review your own HH's ? do you watch training vids ? these are all things you could use or do to improve yourself without coaching. coaching is all well and good but i think paying a premium for a coach who does not specialize in the stakes you're playing isn't really gonna do much good for your game apart from just leak spotting.
                  He asked me to leave a comment, I didn't want to be mean mate.
                  Just got hem last week, not 100% how to use replayer on it correctly yet tho, only looked at a few and with friend through teamviewer, prob a bit lazy when it comes to videos, something I have to snap out of ty for your input

Comment

Just got hem last week, not 100% how to use replayer on it correctly yet tho, only looked at a few and with friend through teamviewer, prob a bit lazy when it comes to videos, something I have to snap out of ty for your input
                    you didn't have to be mean, but prob should of gave an honest review, but like i said he was prob the wrong coach for your specific needs in the first place.

Comment

Hey guys maybe Im misguided but surley if your going to play alot on line you need to use a tracker of some sort, when you see hands reviewed on here the guys know exactly how the villan has played over a range of hands. Its a tough game as is without your opponent knowing more about you than you do yourself.
                      You said that Ipoker wasnt a problem i suggest that Stars is full of "good pro's "as opposed to poker players ;-)
                      best of luck !!
                      Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Finished session last night, while it was a good session for me on stars overall, i said I'd do what i was doing over 16 tourneys, finish up, spend half night on reading up on articles, stages of tourneys, were to shift gears and when to tighten up again, then go through my HH and see what i could find! Safe to say I was amazed! As I thought everything went ok, I was amazed to actually see how backwards I was actually doing things etc. ie. Was been aggresive in complete wrong stages and my opening ranges in different stages were completely backwards. Thanks a lot for advice, and hopefully I can start improving my ROI

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantispoker View Post
                          Hey guys maybe Im misguided but surley if your going to play alot on line you need to use a tracker of some sort, when you see hands reviewed on here the guys know exactly how the villan has played over a range of hands. Its a tough game as is without your opponent knowing more about you than you do yourself.
                          You said that Ipoker wasnt a problem i suggest that Stars is full of "good pro's "as opposed to poker players ;-)
                          best of luck !!
                          Just put up above what i found to be the problem, standard on ipoker is bad and with what I found I have been lucky really to get away with on ipoker. Hers to better things hopefully thanks a lot for input

Comment

Working...
                          X