Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live 1/2/5: Bad play?

Hand:

Hero ~€375 and clear shortstack at a table of stacks ranging from €800-€3,000. I wouldn't play this game or this short-stacked normally but got a text that there was an Omaha game on so just called up after cashing in Molloy's and after going all the way said I'd give it a spin for a €200 buy-in.

Pre-flop Hero dealt 79910 in MP2.

Straddle €5 raised to €20 by MP1 (pretty certain of the position and that €20 was allowed instead of €18), I call and 5 others call.

Flop: A77

Checked to the button who bets pot for €140.

Info/Reads:

He is a tight player but sitting deep and will call €50-75 pre with a wide enough range. Post flop he'll have a strong hand for sure but doesn't have to be the nuts. He's playing >€1k so comfortable with the stakes and betting into a full table of deep, agro players.

Anyone ever dropping my hand here or is it always a *sigh call/shove?

My line of thinking was that he definitely has a 7. He has A7 a decent % of the time, but his most likely starting hand after a €20 open pre is a run-down or 3 running cards with a suited ace. If it's a run-down hand then my 10 kicker is pretty high as only really 789J or simlar would be ahead.

Is flat-calling the flop really bad? I'm also playing tight and that table knows this so flatting makes it very clear that I've at least a 7 too and he should proceed with caution. There was also 1 or 2 players still between us so a shove from them will get me away. This was my thinking at the time, but I don't really like it.

Comments welcome and if it's just a beat/cold deck you can tell me to GTFO! Althought I haven't directly stated the result yet, I'm just looking for pointers on this as a general hand for future reference to know if I played it ok.

Result:

I flat called, others folded and after a 10 on the turn I check-called another pot bet which had me comfortably all-in anyway. We shown the A7 to be drawing to only 4 outs. I was check-calling the turn bet whether I hit the 10 or not tho FWIW.

Def not a cold deck, ul job. Really is a fold on the flop here. Where you happily enough go broke in holdem with trips on this board, its a different story in omaha.

You presumed the other seven was out there yet still called? What were you hoping he had with it? And if you know you are going to call any bet on the turn you really should be shoving the flop as it might get 7Jxx or 7Qxx to fold.

I'll prob get slated with you now

Edit to say you won't get him to fold with your stack size but if deeper you might.

Comment

Never give our results out with the OP, it makes it harder to get good advice

Comment

Working...
      X