NIDGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
    Haha. Slight difference here, Dad. Not gonna be racing a retriever any time soon am I?
    We got a father and son combo on our hands here?
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      We got a father and son combo on our hands here?
      Sam and Matt imo

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
        Sam and Matt imo
        Knew it was Sam alright, don't think I know Matt. Just was odd reading 'Dad' on here haha. Sign em both up for ww imo
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I have been informed that the MBS on the derby is a free bet outright on the Irish greyhound derby.
          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

so we need to hit up someone for a decent price.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
              I have been informed that the MBS on the derby is a free bet outright on the Irish greyhound derby.
              Still showing up as pending on my Boyles Account. Did they say when the Free Bet is allocated?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                no, this wasn't the case, it was always a free bet, but not restricted to another bet on the Derby. Challenge it.
                I'm onto support here at he moment & she knows nothing of any promotion. Sigh.

Checking with Traders..............

Comment

Still waiting here but found this.....

Comment

It is actually under the 'Paid Out Promotions' and I also haven't got mine
                    SPOILER

"Free Bet if your greyhound is knocked out in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round of the Boylesports Irish Greyhound Derby.
                    Place an outright bet on the Boylesports Irish Greyhound Derby and if your greyhound is knocked out in the 1st 2nd or 3rd round , Boylesports will refund your losing stake as a free bet.
                    Applies to win singles and win part of E/W singles.
                    Applies to all Pre Tournament bets only.
                    Does not apply to singles in multi bets.
                    Free bet refund max €100 or currency equivalent.
                    Applies to bets placed from Thursday 17th July.
                    Applies to First bet placed on this market.
                    One bet per customer.
                    Applies to all channels.
                    Applies to Irish and UK customers only.
                    Free bets do not qualify for this offer.
                    Free bets will be applied within 24 hours."

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

She told me it would be paid out after the final.

But then it just appeared as a Free Bet Balance on my homescreen.

Comment

I bet in a boylesports shop after the 17t5h of july, do I qualify for the promotion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          She told me it would be paid out after the final.

But then it just appeared as a Free Bet Balance on my homescreen.
                          "I have spoken with our Trading Department and they confirmed that you will get the free bet. They will just sort it out in few minutes."
                          Got this there. Hopefully the two of us will make everyone else get their free bets too, otherwise just have your reference number for the bet when going onto chat guys

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          I bet in a boylesports shop after the 17t5h of july, do I qualify for the promotion?
                          Yeah it's bets after the 17th. Hopefully not as awkward getting the free bet in the shop as online though
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            no, this wasn't the case, it was always a free bet, but not restricted to another bet on the Derby. Challenge it.
                            Challenged it in a boyles shop, girl rang someone and asked to talk to someone about a dogs bet, the guy on the phone told her it's a bet on the derby I said it didn't specify this, he said read the t&c, I wasn't in a position to challenge it fully then until I got some more information on it.
                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

So what's the story with doing the bet online? Do we have to get onto support and request it?

Comment

So what's the story with doing the bet online? Do we have to get onto support and request it?
                                Not in your account as a free bet? I got mine refunded at the time and my friend got it refunded earlier into his account. If it's not just get the reference number from your past bets and go onto live chat, will be done in minutes then
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Not in your account as a free bet? I got mine refunded at the time and my friend got it refunded earlier into his account. If it's not just get the reference number from your past bets and go onto live chat, will be done in minutes then
                                  Just checked there. Free bet is in the account, cheers.

So do you want to go on the spin for me?? I have no idea how to spin it up and you turned 200 into 10k so may as well punt on what you decide.

Comment

So do you want to go on the spin for me?? I have no idea how to spin it up and you turned 200 into 10k so may as well punt on what you decide.
                                    Details on this please Mr. McDoug.

Comment

Ah sure I have been trying to do that since 2007!! Not like I can do it everytime, probably spent 10k in all the shots I took haha

I went for an acca with my free bets just for a bit of a sweat.
                                      Man Utd > Burnley FreeAccumulator
                                      Sunderland Draw No Bet
                                      Arsenal > Leicester
                                      Celtic > Dundee
                                      Charlton Draw no Bet
                                      Man Utd > MK Dons
                                      Barcelona > Villareal
                                      Returns just shy of 5k but some not so certain fixtures in there for sure.. figured why not!! Still have nice bets on 3 of the dogs still going at very big prices on a few sites so the refund is just a bonus as never thought nidge would be out before quarters tbh

Was so close going City 3-1 in the free bet on bet365 earlier too
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ah sure I have been trying to do that since 2007!! Not like I can do it everytime, probably spent 10k in all the shots I took haha

Sunderland Draw No Bet
                                        Arsenal > Leicester
                                        Celtic > Dundee
                                        Charlton Draw no Bet
                                        Man Utd > MK Dons
                                        Barcelona > Villareal
                                        Returns just shy of 5k but some not so certain fixtures in there for sure.. figured why not!! Still have nice bets on 3 of the dogs still going at very big prices on a few sites so the refund is just a bonus as never thought nidge would be out before quarters tbh

Cheers, when is tbe the first of those fixtures? Will just lump on that

Comment

Cheers, when is tbe the first of those fixtures? Will just lump on that
                                          United mkdons is during the week so that'd be the first. Tuesday or Wednesday not sure which. Didn't check best prices or anything like that tbh. Just picked some games for the laugh, charlton a seriously dodgy one though seeing as they lost to 10 men at the weekend but just added them for a sweat.. same goes for united vs the mighty burnley obviously
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sunderland Draw No Bet
                                            Arsenal > Leicester
                                            Celtic > Dundee
                                            Charlton Draw no Bet
                                            Man Utd > MK Dons
                                            Barcelona > Villareal

Ballymac vic, laughil Blake and who?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                              Ballymac vic, laughil Blake and who?
                                              Droopys ward, when I posted up the results the first night I wrote down (impressive) next to him. Came back drunk later that night and threw a good bit on him haha, regretted it the morning after to be honest but am happy enough now

edit: looking at the current prices I am actually going to have to go again! Going to back kisses for cloda and tyler sugar ray for small enough e/w and an pretty decent amount on emers superstar e/w at 33/1 to make it 4 dogs I am rooting for for a big profit and the first 2 to break even. Emers should get through the next race so 33 seems very big if it's just the semi's and then make the top 4!
                                              Last edited by mdoug; 26-08-14, 01:24.
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

United mkdons is during the week so that'd be the first. Tuesday or Wednesday not sure which. Didn't check best prices or anything like that tbh. Just picked some games for the laugh, charlton a seriously dodgy one though seeing as they lost to 10 men at the weekend but just added them for a sweat.. same goes for united vs the mighty burnley obviously
                                                Charlton drew with Huddersfield the weekend. They play Derby in the cup midweek who they beat a week ago and Brighton next weekend aho they will not beat imo.

Comment

Charlton drew with Huddersfield the weekend. They play Derby in the cup midweek who they beat a week ago and Brighton next weekend aho they will not beat imo.
                                                  Oh I missed the last few minutes. Had a bet on them pre match and saw huddersfield got a man sent off end of first half and then charlton were losing at 90+ so I stopped watching the updates and figured they lost(knew they didn't win). Only cup match in those bets is united, the rest are all league games. I don't know what I'm doing though so probably best to follow someone with a clue
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Oh I missed the last few minutes. Had a bet on them pre match and saw huddersfield got a man sent off end of first half and then charlton were losing at 90+ so I stopped watching the updates and figured they lost(knew they didn't win). Only cup match in those bets is united, the rest are all league games. I don't know what I'm doing though so probably best to follow someone with a clue
                                                    Haha. I follow Charlton due to being born in the area and unfortunately they will not beat Brighton imo. I might just pick a few very short price bets and hope to get a return.

And yeah, their equaliser was like the 94th minute. Very very lucky.

Comment

Just a QQ for those that might know. If I stick my free bet on something that's likely to be a non-runner, will they reimburse as another Free Bet or as cash?

Comment

Just a QQ for those that might know. If I stick my free bet on something that's likely to be a non-runner, will they reimburse as another Free Bet or as cash?
                                                        Neither, you lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                          Neither, you lose it.
                                                          How come?

Comment

How come?
                                                            Because when you back a non-runner, it is essentially treated as a winner at 1.0, i.e. you get your stake back and no more. When using a free bet, you aren't entitled to your stake back.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Because when you back a non-runner, it is essentially treated as a winner at 1.0, i.e. you get your stake back and no more. When using a free bet, you aren't entitled to your stake back.
                                                              Ah I see. Cheers C.

Comment

Ah I see. Cheers C.
                                                                NP. Arazi alluded to it above but the most +EV what to use free bets is to back outsiders (win only in the case of horses) truly priced at around 20/1 - 25/1. Any shorter and you give up value on the free bet (as a greater part of the normal return is withheld, being your stake) and any longer and you'll often fall foul of the favourite-longshot bias (essentially where outsiders are conservatively priced).

Comment

Droopys ward, when I posted up the results the first night I wrote down (impressive) next to him. Came back drunk later that night and threw a good bit on him haha, regretted it the morning after to be honest but am happy enough now

edit: looking at the current prices I am actually going to have to go again! Going to back kisses for cloda and tyler sugar ray for small enough e/w and an pretty decent amount on emers superstar e/w at 33/1 to make it 4 dogs I am rooting for for a big profit and the first 2 to break even. Emers should get through the next race so 33 seems very big if it's just the semi's and then make the top 4!
                                                                  So we nearly have identical kennels at this stage. Tyrur sugar ray should be a formality to get through to the semis after getting drawn in trap 1. His strike rate is phenomenal. If he makes the final of this years derby that will be 3 in a row. Pretty impressive he qualified from trap 6 last time out. My only reservation is does he have a big run left in him. He needs to find some more to really challenge but he's an incredible servant to his connections.

Kisses for Cloda has been very impressive. Hard to believe he broke his hock in two places and is now back at this level. The 50/1 before last week was amazing value.

There are a couple of more that have actually caught my eye for the ante post but it would be ridiculous for me to go in again. I think there will be sone juicy bets tomorrow night combining the derby and plate quarter finals. Finding the right combination or type of bet to put them in is obviously the challenge. However, the derby is so open that great prices are available if you fancy a dog. I might do a couple of lucky 15s myself.

Comment

I looked over my drunken bets of late and emers superstar is now my 2nd most profitable dog.. not really sure what I was thinking but a very big e/w bet at 33/1 done this week..

BALLYMAC VIC and KISSES FOR CLODA in the 1st
                                                                    EMERS SUPERSTAR in the 2nd
                                                                    DROOPYS WARD and LAUGHIL BLAKE in the 3rd(also found a fiver on deanridge in the bets)
                                                                    TYRUR SUGAR RAY in the 4th.. makes tonight very interesting anyway!

If all go through I'll buy myself a bottle of 25 year old whiskey as it'll be perfect timing
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Apparently Michael fortune said in the indo today that laughil blake has a sore bone in his foot. He is my biggest winner if he does it, so I'm concerned with this news. Kisses for cloda os tempting at 9/4 on a scorcher of a heat tonight. El flutter is outrageously available at 12/1 but he's in a crazy heat. Very exciting quarters in prospect I have to say.

Comment

Apparently Michael fortune said in the indo today that laughil blake has a sore bone in his foot. He is my biggest winner if he does it, so I'm concerned with this news. Kisses for cloda os tempting at 9/4 on a scorcher of a heat tonight. El flutter is outrageously available at 12/1 but he's in a crazy heat. Very exciting quarters in prospect I have to say.
                                                                        kisses for cloda out, ballymac through in 1st

Dogs through. Vulturi seems to be breezing through all these heats.
                                                                        BALLYMAC VIC
                                                                        BORNEO
                                                                        IVY HILL PRINCE

VULTURI
                                                                        EMERS SUPERSTAR
                                                                        HOMELESS BOY

LAUGHIL BLAKE
                                                                        DEANRIDGE PENNYS
                                                                        DROOPYS WARD

TYRUR SUGAR RAY
                                                                        SKYWALKER FARLOE
                                                                        BAREFOOT AGENT

6 of my 7 dogs make it through.. 6 dogs of the remaining 12 is one very nice feeling!! Semi's are gonna be a great laugh, 3 in each heat and all 6 to go through or out please .
                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 30-08-14, 20:42.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Laughil through! Photo finish for first, think he might have held it
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah delighted Blake is through. Have to say I'm blown away by tyrur sugar ray tonight. What a dog. If he gets trap 1 in the final they'll have some job wrestling the trophy from his paws. I asked a few lads there tonight has any other dog ever made three derby finals in a row and they all thought the same as me - no. It's an almost unthinkable feat really. You can't beat class and sugar ray and vic have it in spades. Can't wait for the draw.
                                                                            Last edited by TonyCascarino; 30-08-14, 22:54.

Comment

Boom. Ray and Vic both get trap 1 and blake gets 6. That's tyrur sugar ray in the final anyway. Roll on Saturday. Woof woof.

Comment

Boom. Ray and Vic both get trap 1 and blake gets 6. That's tyrur sugar ray in the final anyway. Roll on Saturday. Woof woof.
                                                                                Have no idea where to look for that, can you link/post up the two semi's pretty please?

Need to try and figure out what to do with emers as have an awful lot of money e/w and don't even like the dog haha. Alcohol makes ya do funny things

Edit: Nevermind, didn't actually think it would be up on igb that fast to be honest

For anyone interested
                                                                                Trap 1 TYRUR SUGAR RAY
                                                                                Trap 2 BAREFOOT AGENT
                                                                                Trap 3 EMERS SUPERSTAR
                                                                                Trap 4 DROOPYS WARD
                                                                                Trap 5 HOMELESS BOY
                                                                                Trap 6 LAUGHIL BLAKE

Trap 1 BALLYMAC VIC
                                                                                Trap 2 DEANRIDGE PENNYS
                                                                                Trap 3 IVY HILL PRINCE
                                                                                Trap 4 VULTURI
                                                                                Trap 5 BORNEO
                                                                                Trap 6 SKYWALKER FARLOE

Think the second heat could produce more 'upsets'. Might let emers bet ride since I don't have the bankroll to fully green. Hopefully get out in front of barefoot and behind tyrur and slot into the rail and try and battle it out for 3rd is possibly my best hope and then get 4th in the final for 4k... That's all!
                                                                                Some nice looking semi's ahead, definitely going to shelbourne for the final if I have 2 of my big ones that make it there
                                                                                Last edited by mdoug; 30-08-14, 23:07.
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

LAUGHIL BLAKE
                                                                                  EMERS SUPERSTAR
                                                                                  TYRUR SUGAR RAY

First heat result

VULTURI
                                                                                  BORNEO
                                                                                  BALLYMAC VIC

Second heat result

FINAL:
                                                                                  Trap 1: TYRUR SUGAR RAY
                                                                                  Trap 2: EMERS SUPERSTAR
                                                                                  Trap 3: BALLYMAC VIC
                                                                                  Trap 4: VULTURI
                                                                                  Trap 5: BORNEO
                                                                                  Trap 6: LAUGHIL BLAKE
                                                                                  Last edited by mdoug; 06-09-14, 20:49.
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Best of luck tonight anyone involved! Have decided to head to the racecourse for the proper sweat so if anyone is around I'll be at the bar until this race

@tony, Hopefully the two of us will have a nice pay day. Really worried about Vulturi as it's one of those that you comment on and don't back and get nervous but should be a cracking race. 2x100/1 shots in the final is huge though, best of luck!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Best of luck tonight anyone involved! Have decided to head to the racecourse for the proper sweat so if anyone is around I'll be at the bar until this race

@tony, Hopefully the two of us will have a nice pay day. Really worried about Vulturi as it's one of those that you comment on and don't back and get nervous but should be a cracking race. 2x100/1 shots in the final is huge though, best of luck!
                                                                                      What time is Final at? Can anyone stick up the prices as cant get onto betting sites in Spain

Comment

What time is Final at? Can anyone stick up the prices as cant get onto betting sites in Spain
                                                                                        Race starts at 9:11

Odds on boyles are

Trap 1: Tyrur Sugar Ray - 6/1
                                                                                        Trap 2: Emers Superstar - 16/1
                                                                                        Trap 3: Ballymac Vic - 6/1
                                                                                        Trap 4: Vulturi - 6/1
                                                                                        Trap 5: Borneo - 14/1
                                                                                        Trap 6: Laughil Blake - 10/11

Probably back tyrur all ways on the tricast on the night at those prices
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

What's the deal with that dog?
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Really looking forward to tonight. Hopefully Blake does the business. Have had a good look through the card today and it looks like a great nights racing. Come on Blakey!!!!

Comment

Serious shout lads, well done

Comment

1. Trap 6 LAUGHIL BLAKE
                                                                                                2. Trap 1 TYRUR SUGAR RAY
                                                                                                3. Trap 3 BALLYMAC VIC
                                                                                                4. Trap 4 VULTURI
                                                                                                5. Trap 2 EMERS SUPERSTAR
                                                                                                6. Trap 5 BORNEO

Comment

Not as good a deal but boyles have money back as a free bet if you are knocked out in the first round of the English Derby if anyone is looking. Bets must be placed by 7pm tonight and a max of €50 unfortunately but might be a fun sweat if anyone has any good tips.

You'd have to be fairly unlucky to get knocked out in round 1 so there probably is little to no value but twas a fun sweat last time so I'm bumping the thread :P

And yes, droopys nidge is indeed favourite at a tempting 20/1.
                                                                                                  Last edited by mdoug; 27-05-15, 04:31.
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On crokers champ he's alot fresher than last year and with that blistering early pace should go few rounds at least at 50's also backed dungill rocket at 66's
                                                                                                    https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

So the greyhound derby is just around the corner..haven't picked my kennel yet but I just thought it would be interesting to let people know of a potential phenomenon about to happen. In my opinion, Clare's rocket (6/1 fav antepost) is going to break the track record in the derby. Not only do I think he'll break the track record, I think he's going to do the unthinkable and break 29 seconds for 550 yards. To put this into context, this would have seemed impossible for any dog to ever do. It's quite absurd to imagine a dog doing this sort of time. Clares rocket could be the fastest greyhound of all time soon. Anyone thinking of going along to any of the derby this year definitely should. There could be as big a buzz about this dog as the late great Late Late Show. I've never seen a dog so short antepost. I simply couldn't have any dog at that price but it's scary to think what he may do.

Anyway, if anyone has any fancies or tips, lash them up here.

edit: he's 5/1 now!!
                                                                                                      Last edited by TonyCascarino; 26-07-16, 22:28.

Comment

That's nice and all, but 100/1 shots ftw .

I'll come along with some outsiders soon, any deals on this this year?
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Speaking of Nidges
                                                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

Ashbank Martin looks potentially very interesting...Recently sold and moved kennels and is with Pat Buckley now. Very promising trial just done. Huge discrepancy with prices too...50s with PP but only 33s with Boyles. Has a lot going for him. First one for my kennel anyway. Number two in is Gyp Rosetti at 80s with BS. More study to do.

Comment

Have been told that Farloes Rumble is very highly fancied by the trainer.

Comment

fizzypop buddy
                                                                                                                grangeview puma
                                                                                                                sober call
                                                                                                                offshore bound
                                                                                                                slippery snowy
                                                                                                                keplar nine
                                                                                                                curious boy
                                                                                                                must be jack
                                                                                                                leave at dawn
                                                                                                                skywalker Rory
                                                                                                                doctor zhivago
                                                                                                                highview appollo

Kennel is wedged

Comment

Haven't really looked at this too much this year, going to go droopys roddick e/w for a nice bit and ballymac matt for the spare change then.
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On Jaytee Dutch ew. Hopefully get some sort of sweat

Comment

Clares rocket a loser at 1/6 in the heats, still through though
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Clare's rocket withdrawn!
                                                                                                                        https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

wow..actually not surprised..something definitely wrong on Saturday. Couldn't be doing that time even if no work on the dog. It's a shame in many ways but it does blow the derby wide open. Many an antepost bet has now become much more valuable.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X