X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad night of punting.
    Went to Limerick v Longford
    Limerick weren't great in all honesty.
    Scored a decent goal and had a legitimate one ruled out though.

Comment

Bray got me almost evens. Still reeling from the Derry collapse last week tho.

Comment

Bohs cost me 6team acc

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
          bad night of punting.
          Went to Limerick v Longford
          Limerick weren't great in all honesty.
          Scored a decent goal and had a legitimate one ruled out though.
          if you fancy it you should give us a match report . . . i was on longford +1 in this game, wondering whether i was on a good bet or not

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
          Bray got me almost evens. Still reeling from the Derry collapse last week tho.
          yeh bray was nice. Lost on cork. Did you go to the bohs game? how was it? Galway arent as bad as everyone expects
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            if you fancy it you should give us a match report . . . i was on longford +1 in this game, wondering whether i was on a good bet or not

yeh bray was nice. Lost on cork. Did you go to the bohs game? how was it? Galway arent as bad as everyone expects
            Galway have great record against bohs in fairness

Comment

Didn't go but both teams awful by all accounts.

Comment

Strong rumours Fenlon has walked, Bohsman? If he quit and receives no compensation and Bohs appoint a replacement on far less wages then surely, despite how good a manager he is, this is probably a good thing?
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                  “We’ve got good options, but today we decided to go the little bit more direct and it worked.”

Quote from Tommy Dunne after the 1-0 victory over Limerick on Friday.

The reality was that we scored a nice goal with a bit of great individual wing play from Derek O'Brien. The rest was the usual incoherent rubbish. Greg O'Halloran chief culprit in giving the ball back to Limerick.

The final 20 minutes had basically our whole team on the edge of our own penalty area as we invited Limerick to attack us. This was a feature of last season as well and lead to a of late goals against us.

No surprise that we performed better away from home last season with these tactics.

There is some real quality in this team. Candau, O'Brien, Morrissey, Duggan are all quality on the ball but if the ball is sailing over their heads they can't show their stuff.
                  I should have listened to this guy.

Was at the game up in Athlone. Probably 70 % + possession with Athlone's whole team camped in their own half for the entire game. Lacked the bit of class to break them down. Derek O'Brien was a massive loss when he was substituted. Worryingly Cummins was pretty poor as well. Struggled when there was so little space to run into.

As a punting proposition City are best watched for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                    Strong rumours Fenlon has walked, Bohsman? If he quit and receives no compensation and Bohs appoint a replacement on far less wages then surely, despite how good a manager he is, this is probably a good thing?
                    Absolutely, said as much at the start of this thread. Fenlon is taking up around 20% of the playing budget just on his wages. Heary player manager would be great.

Comment

anyone able to find out any team news for the league cup games tomorow?

teams will be very hard to predict

also, raheny, do you have a link for shels last game? (the ten minute video)
                      GAA News Website

Comment

Cant see any of those putting out weakend sides, decent chance for smaller clubs to at least get a cup final out of it.

Comment

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook! twitter.com/​shelstv facebook.com/​pages/​ShelsTVcom/​124228747648871 If you're having trouble viewing the video, turn off…

This what you mean?
                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just saw this.

In truth it was a poor game with very little in the way of attack.
                            I'd be stretching to say there was 4 good chances in the game.
                            Limerick did have a goal disallowed for offside which looked questionable at best and the goal came from the only time Lims showed some adventure and decent ball by Hines well finished by Jeff Judge.

Longford didn't create a whole lot either but there CF(no.9 dunno his name) did waste a glorious chance to equalise late on, a free header 7/8 yards out.

Your Longford bet was a little unlucky and only undone by their lack of attacking impotus.

Gillespie may help bring a little more flair to the side. At the back they are a fine well organised unit and will be hard to break down for a lot of teams. They really need a bit of a creative spark although I suspect at home they will be a different proposition.

Limerick desperately need O'Flynn back(will miss LC game, back for Shels) as there was no shape to our attack with him and Sheahan(broken leg) missing. Paudie Quinn played up front but he just doesn't seem savvy enough for LOI.
                            At the back looked fine Pat Purcell looks fit and sharp for once and leads our back 4 well.
                            I don't see any team coming to Jackman and turning Limerick over too handy. Scully has them playing in such a shape that without the ball there's 10 behind it at all times.

Comment

cheers for that aya
                              my bet is an asian bet were losing by 1 goal was a push, so not too bad

Thats Cowan upfront for longford. He seems to be a work horse, runs all day. Made it very tough against shelbourne opening day, a bit more composure and i think he could be very good. Deansy (capt CB) will always be a bit exposed for pace but certainly good enough for first division.

Seems both cork and lim are lacking that final bit of finesse to be a clinical team. If shels can keep getting results theyll be hard to catch

Anyone else watch the video sledge posted? was it that mervue are a lot better than everyone gives then credit for? or are shels not that good?
                              GAA News Website

Comment

Dundalk at 4/6 vs UCD is sticking out from the weekend games.

April fool?

Comment

Dundalk at 4/6 vs UCD is sticking out from the weekend games.

April fool?
                                  Agreed, Sligo look good aswell at 8/11, found their scoring touch with a 3-0 win v Portadown.

First division is a headfuck. Longord 10/11, Shels 5/6 and Longford 10/11 all tempting.

Comment

I reckon Shels could drift to odds against on the machine. I certainly won't be lashing into it anyway.

Comment

Agreed, Sligo look good aswell at 8/11, found their scoring touch with a 3-0 win v Portadown.
                                      Not yet they haven't!

Missed so many chances against ports

id still fancy a 2-0 win

but were just as bad in front of goal on Monday as in other games,
                                      they were class all round the rest of the pitch mind!

Comment

boyles opened up 21/20 this morning on longford. evens or higher is def a bet there

dundalk shams both look good
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Trying to lay Mons at 3.5 on BF hard to get matched though.Can't see em winning in Turners.

I'd make Longford a lay at 1.75 which they are(fuck all liquidity this early in the season though). If evens is available its a bet like Semibluff says.

Derry are value away to Bray.
                                          Wouldn't put anyone off Sligo/Shamrock both a tad short perhaps.

Comment

May as well stick it in here about Junior games too I suppose.

The Munster Junior Cup semi's are next week Pike Rovers(Limk) are 4/5 with PP to win it outright, they are also 6/4 fav for the F.A.I junior cup. While they have a big squad and 8 ex loi players with them, they have a tough F.A.I game coming up and 4 extra league games over Fairview to play along with 2 local cup ties means 6 matches in the next 16 days. I'm not so sure they'll fancy going to St.Michaels of Tipp on a Sunday afternoon having played Fairview the previous thursday with a cup game in last 16 of the F.A.I the following week, a cup they are desperate to win.

Carrick(Waterford) on the other hand play in the other semi final versus Wembley(Limk), Wembley play in the 2nd tier of Limerick Junior football and have benefited from drawing lower league sides in 3 of the last 4 rounds(the exception UL/Aisling Annacotty a mediocre premier team in Limk). Wembley wil be no match for Carrick who have excellent cup pedigree in the R.S.C Waterford sunday week. So with Pike distracted, St.Michaels aren't the best travellers, I expect Carrick to overcome Wembley and be an even money shot at best come cup final day, thus making them a great bet at 5/2 with PP atm.

FWIW in the F.A.I Pike are perennial bottlers (last 16 in 6 of last 7 years and only 1 semi to show for it) and I wouldn't back them at 6/4(with boyles 11/8 with PP now) for the F.A.I either.
                                            If I was backing some1 for an interest it would be Sheriff YC of Dublin at 4's. Sheriff are a decent side and had Dave Lacey a junior international superstar in their ranks last time I checked.They should get to the semi's handy can't see St.Peters stopping em in the next round, which Sheriff are 1/2 in a match bet for btw.

Anyway I've rambled long enough
                                            I'd be backing Carrick at 5/2 in M.J.C
                                            along with Sheriff Y.C at 4's for F.A.I and 1/2 this Sun versus St.Peters.

The markets should all be here.

Comment

interesting you chat about this aya ive a few strong opinions on this also (surprisingly! lol)

My team are the team who lost, or should i say got trounced to pike in limerick in the last round. I got my first red card of my career! I really do think they are different gravy. They certainly wont have their eye off the ball - as the FAI cup is the top cup for everyone. Regards them bottling it, have they ever been this strong when they havnt gone on to win it?
                                              Ive been telling everyone who will listen that 6/4 is a super bet

As for sheriff - theyre a good team, play in our league (aul prem A) but personally i dont think they could even keep it close to the likes of pike. We were 1-0 up against sheriff, 85 mins to go and ended up losing 2-1 after 95th minute goal. We've also beaten ballymun, one of the top 3/4 teams in AUL. Our pike performance was poor, and we were missing players - but still i think the difference in the two teams is massive and i certainly wouldnt be backing sheriff yc myself. (although id like to see them do well)
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Trying to lay Mons at 3.5 on BF hard to get matched though.Can't see em winning in Turners.

I'd make Longford a lay at 1.75 which they are(fuck all liquidity this early in the season though). If evens is available its a bet like Semibluff says.

Derry are value away to Bray.
                                                Wouldn't put anyone off Sligo/Shamrock both a tad short perhaps.
                                                i was on waterford draw no bet against monaghan for Roddy (haha) collins first game. Monaghan somehow got a result
                                                And cork have cost me nothing but woe - fukn up against two of the bottom teams. i just cant put a penny on any of these bets!!

1/2 shams on bf or something is still a bet, as is sligo away to galway. cant believe there was 1/2 available on waterford tomorow either
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                  I reckon Shels could drift to odds against on the machine. I certainly won't be lashing into it anyway.
                                                  2.2 right now. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so I'm staying away. 1-1 just because I'm a cynic

Comment

yeh im really struggling to get stuck into anything in the first division tonight. big game for shels, but agree defence seems all over the place.
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Went with Rovers, Shams, Dundalk and Derry. Avoiding D1 for a while I think.

Comment

derry price is gone at evens i think, 11/8 start of week. id avoid now - a lot of very important players missing
                                                        dundalk are missing bennett, maher, bolger. will be very light CM and im surprised im saying this but UCD could win the battle here. Have to leave this

Who's missing for bohs? im interested in a pats drift . . .
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Fenlon still being manager affecting price Id say, Flood may be out, Fagan should be fit. Bayley is back. More or less full strength.

Comment

cronin and flood out

who will step in? yeh bayley will help - liable to get the line though in the heated derby

fagan carrying? think ill have to take 2.3 or bigger pats
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Fagan felt his hamstring slightly against Hibs 11 days ago, taken off instantly and not risked against Galway - Fenlon said he would have started last week if it was late in the season but not worth the risk this early so he should be fine.

Likely to go 4-5-1 if Flood is out. Brennan has been tried in a central holding role recently, looks good when he gets a bit of space. Dundalk fans reckon Pats style should suit us having played both teams the last 2 weeks. Im avoiding.
                                                              Last edited by bohsman; 01-04-11, 16:48.

Comment

All I've seen is results I'd like to know if I got lucky with the Mons lay and derry bet.
                                                                Looks like I should have had some of Sligo and Shams too.

Semi: I haven't seen a hole lot of Sheriff just heard good things. Pike have been signing 2/3 extra LOI standard players every year for the past 4 they have invested a lot into the team, the latest in Conor Kavanagh who came to them via Blackburn and they are very fairly priced, its more down to their attitude/management that I'm sceptical and I was more emphasising why I think Carrick are great value at 5/2 for the Munster Junior.

EDIT: Limerick and Shels both score late gwan the super Blues.

Comment

Went with Rovers, Shams, Dundalk and Derry. Avoiding D1 for a while I think.
                                                                  Ship. Finally a good week.

All I've seen is results I'd like to know if I got lucky with the Mons lay and derry bet.
                                                                  Looks like I should have had some of Sligo and Shams too.
                                                                  Going by extratime, lucky with laying Mons, Derry seemed to be all over Bray but Bray still had a few chances at 1-1.

Comment

did a nice accum myself today sham rovers, sligo rovers, dundalk,derry...

first one this season so think i will brag about it not often i get the chance to!!!!!!

all thanks to you bhos man!!! cheers so u can brag if u want lol....
                                                                    Last edited by biscuits; 01-04-11, 21:04. Reason: left some out

Comment

Ship. Finally a good week.

Going by extratime, lucky with laying Mons, Derry seemed to be all over Bray but Bray still had a few chances at 1-1.
                                                                      Nice bets sir.
                                                                      Meh I'll take it D1 is pretty fickle til gameweek 9/10.

Gritty performance from Bohs injuries and all considered.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                                                                        did a nice accum myself today sham rovers, sligo rovers, dundalk,derry...

first one this season so think i will brag about it not often i get the chance to!!!!!!

all thanks to you bhos man!!! cheers so u can brag if u want lol....
                                                                        N1

Comment

got on pats draw no bet
                                                                          missed peno caused me scooping the loots

won what i was on though

fair play though bohs! good night all round
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

The crushing inevitability that is Shels holding onto a goal lead late on in a match is something you eventually just get used to. Probably didn't deserve the win anyway to be fair.

Comment

Barry Murphy was a bit of a legend today. Saving the penalty on basically one leg after getting injured earlier in the second half, and not being able to be taken off due to 3 subs being used already.

Was relatively impressed with Bohs compared to what I expected. Pats, while decent on the ball, didn't seem to have much of an edge to them.
                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Mons. got their goals and defended.

We(Cork) needed to take advantage of the big breeze in the 1st half. Nearly happened on 3/4 occasions but final ball or finish was not clinical enough.

Few decisions went against us tonight so overall I would say we deserved the win.

Cracking game though. More of the same down in Waterford next week please!!!
                                                                                Last edited by applehunter; 02-04-11, 00:13.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                  Barry Murphy was a bit of a legend today. Saving the penalty on basically one leg after getting injured earlier in the second half, and not being able to be taken off due to 3 subs being used already.

Was relatively impressed with Bohs compared to what I expected. Pats, while decent on the ball, didn't seem to have much of an edge to them.
                                                                                  Was at the game myself, thought Pats dominated the first half and Bohs the second. Was a desperate peno at the end. I would have tucked it away. All Pats had to do was have a shot on target in the second half and they'd have won the game, Bohs keeper was wrecked. Fair play to the Bohs fans paying respect to the minutes silence at the start of the game,they are a bit classier than that lot in Tallaght.

Comment

man down in 59 odd minutes gone. There were two shots on the keeper in the upcoming minutes of the match. one being the retardely ugly peno!
                                                                                    pats have a lot going for themselves, but i really struggle to see them improve, possibly it will involve mc faul, and daly! apart from they will remain unimaginative for the next while

i struggle to give bohemians credit for the game - such a terrible exhibition of football - although boh's (under fenlon) did what was expected and got a result!

tommy G - more so than showing how good bohs are in relation to pats - i think it more reflects how close the league is in general - no matter what we all think
                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Got a lil bit of 6/4 Derry and 4/7 Shels. I expect both to be shorter come friday.

Comment

Sligo at 5/6 vs Pats.

Joey Ndo back on the picture.

Looks the bet of the weekend for me.

Comment

team news very important in the derry dundalk and the bohs game

nothing screams out at the minute unfortunately
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Longford a tad bit big @ 17/5 with VC?

Comment

ye id like them in the asian hc alright. Betfair will be bigger on them though id imagine
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Got a lil bit of 6/4 Derry and 4/7 Shels. I expect both to be shorter come friday.
                                                                                                ^^^^^
                                                                                                team news very important in the derry dundalk and the bohs game

nothing screams out at the minute unfortunately
                                                                                                That's why it'll look a big price come Friday mate, I expect a few regs missing for Dundalk.

As for Longford you'll prob get 4.8/4.9 on the machine come Friday. Wouldn't be in a rush to back em away to Mons.
                                                                                                Last edited by Aya14; 06-04-11, 08:59.

Comment

Sligo at 5/6 vs Pats.

Joey Ndo back on the picture.

Looks the bet of the weekend for me.
                                                                                                  Peers and Keane missing, suspended

Ventre who would come in for one of them also suspended

Raff out injured (though would probably have been a sub)

Comment

Taken Dundalk draw no bet at 15/8 and under 2.5 in UCD Bohs at 4/7.

Comment

Derry gone 5/6 with Laddies.
                                                                                                      Dundalk missing 3 or 4 regular starters afaik

Comment

Derry gone 5/6 with Laddies.
                                                                                                        Dundalk missing 3 or 4 regular starters afaik
                                                                                                        Quigley and Byrne have started. Game looks like it has lots of goals in it after 5 minutes.

Comment

Shels went off at 1/2

Comment

UCD awful Bohs decent last night.

Comment

Good result for Sligo tonight.

Those were the games they struggled to convert their superiority in the last couple of seasons.

Comment

yeh really like sligo - richie ryan is a cracking player
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

May as well stick it in here about Junior games too I suppose.

The Munster Junior Cup semi's are next week Pike Rovers(Limk) are 4/5 with PP to win it outright, they are also 6/4 fav for the F.A.I junior cup. While they have a big squad and 8 ex loi players with them, they have a tough F.A.I game coming up and 4 extra league games over Fairview to play along with 2 local cup ties means 6 matches in the next 16 days. I'm not so sure they'll fancy going to St.Michaels of Tipp on a Sunday afternoon having played Fairview the previous thursday with a cup game in last 16 of the F.A.I the following week, a cup they are desperate to win.

Carrick(Waterford) on the other hand play in the other semi final versus Wembley(Limk), Wembley play in the 2nd tier of Limerick Junior football and have benefited from drawing lower league sides in 3 of the last 4 rounds(the exception UL/Aisling Annacotty a mediocre premier team in Limk). Wembley wil be no match for Carrick who have excellent cup pedigree in the R.S.C Waterford sunday week. So with Pike distracted, St.Michaels aren't the best travellers, I expect Carrick to overcome Wembley and be an even money shot at best come cup final day, thus making them a great bet at 5/2 with PP atm.

FWIW in the F.A.I Pike are perennial bottlers (last 16 in 6 of last 7 years and only 1 semi to show for it) and I wouldn't back them at 6/4(with boyles 11/8 with PP now) for the F.A.I either.
                                                                                                                  If I was backing some1 for an interest it would be Sheriff YC of Dublin at 4's. Sheriff are a decent side and had Dave Lacey a junior international superstar in their ranks last time I checked.They should get to the semi's handy can't see St.Peters stopping em in the next round, which Sheriff are 1/2 in a match bet for btw.

Anyway I've rambled long enough
                                                                                                                  I'd be backing Carrick at 5/2 in M.J.C
                                                                                                                  along with Sheriff Y.C at 4's for F.A.I and 1/2 this Sun versus St.Peters.

The markets should all be here.
                                                                                                                  http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...-lower-leagues

St.Michaels beat Pike 5-1 sat night in the MJC. Carrick beat wembley on pens in other semi.

Final in 3 weeks. Pike gone 11/10 for the FAI they'll need to recuperate quick they play Sheriff on sunday.

Comment

Wexford 10/11 home to Athlone
                                                                                                                    Lims 5/6 at Mervue
                                                                                                                    Bray 8/13 home to Drogs

Seem to be the standouts, bit wary of backing teams like Bray and Wexford odds on though. Derry and Shels both interesting along with maybe Waterford away to Longford.

Comment

Would not want to touch any of those games tbh. Wexford vs athlone cant be bet on at all. Derry and Pats are facing inferior opposition and have players that can score. Also am confident of a win at turners cross.

Comment

sneaky bet on robert bayly to get sent off at 16/1 tonight
                                                                                                                        Also like sligo and rovers draw no bet

I am expecting and hoping that rovers drift a little too before the off. 2.6 or anything ludicrous like that and ill be dipping in again on that.

Would want odds against before taking shels, at at that would have to be 11/10 to feel comfortable

rest of first division seems disgusting.

I think sligo will get a lot of loose change on their right side - keane is a very good attacking defender, and dundalk weakest point is without doubt nathan murphy at left back. Although price seems about right. Rafa will start instead of cretaro, which will mean theyll need more balls into feet which would work better against dundalks big back 4

Bray should win as should derry who are really impressing recently
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

sneaky bet on robert bayly to get sent off at 16/1 tonight
                                                                                                                          Also like sligo and rovers draw no bet

I am expecting and hoping that rovers drift a little too before the off. 2.6 or anything ludicrous like that and ill be dipping in again on that.

Would want odds against before taking shels, at at that would have to be 11/10 to feel comfortable

rest of first division seems disgusting.

I think sligo will get a lot of loose change on their right side - keane is a very good attacking defender, and dundalk weakest point is without doubt nathan murphy at left back. Although price seems about right. rafa will start instead of Cretaro which will mean theyll need more balls into feet which
                                                                                                                          would work better against dundalks big back 4

Bray should win as should derry who are really impressing recently
                                                                                                                          Schizo??
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X