Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of curiosity, how would you have played this hand? ( Live game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of curiosity, how would you have played this hand? ( Live game)

(Edited correct hand order)

Tournament started off with 3 tables, we're now down to the the final table( 9 handed) and its only a few hands in .
    Blinds are 500/1000. I'm in the Big Blind with a little over 20k holding 10 6 off.
    Player UTG +1 is first to call and another 5 or so players limp in. I check it down.

Flop comes: 10 10 Q .
    I check and the action is checked around to the cutoff who bets 2k (probably about 12./13k in chips and probably weakest player at the table). Button folds and the small blind folds.
    I'm not entirely sure whether to raise or not, knew he hadnt a flush draw or a 10 and was hoping i could get him to commit on the turn\ (put him on a queen if anything). So I call.

This is where things got tricky for me, the player UTG+1 (who I knew very little about other than that he went all in twice with a flush draw ) goes all in with about 40k (so was fairly obvious he was on a flush draw). Player in the hijack then goes all in (she is a very tight player and I instanly put her on a 10).
    The original better folds and I go into the tank for a good 5 minutes or so and I fold .

SPOILER
    The player UTG+1 showed A2, the player in the hijack shows K 10 off.Turn comes a 8 and river comes a 8. Although I was initially delighted with my fold I was pretty sickened that I missed out in what would have been a huge split pot.
    Last edited by sheehoni; 17-07-12, 19:56.

Originally posted by sheehoni View Post
    Tournament started off with 3 tables, we're now down to the the final table( 9 handed) and its only a few hands in .
    Blinds are 500/1000. I'm in the Big Blind with a little over 20k holding 10 6 off.
    Player UTG +1 is first to call and another 5 or so players limp in. I check it down.

Flop comes: 10 10 Q .
    I check and the action is checked around to the cutoff who bets 2k (probably about 12./13k in chips and probably weakest player at the table). Button folds and the small blind folds.
    I'm not entirely sure whether to raise or not, knew he hadnt a flush draw or a 10 and was hoping i could get him to commit on the turn\ (put him on a queen if anything). So I call.

This is where things got tricky for me, the player UTG+1 (who I knew very little about other than that he went all in twice with a flush draw ) goes all in with about 40k (so was fairly obvious he was on a flush draw). Player in the cutoff then goes all in (she is a very tight player and I instanly put her on a 10).
    The original better folds and I go into the tank for a good 5 minutes or so and I fold .

SPOILER
    The player UTG showed A2, the player in the cutoff shows K 10 off.Turn comes a 8 and river comes a 8. Although I was initially delighted with my fold I was pretty sickened that I missed out in what would have been a huge split pot.
    Personally I don't flat out of position on the flop here. It could easily be checked behind on the turn and you are leaving so many draws in behind you for 2k into a 10k pot. I definitely raise anyway, probably ship
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'd probably need an act of God for me not to just ship preflop

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I'd probably need an act of God for me not to just ship preflop
        This

I wouldnt even look tbh if that was the action when it came around to me they would be getting turfed in

Comment

Some reading skills you have sir, wp gg

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            This

I wouldnt even look tbh if that was the action when it came around to me they would be getting turfed in
            I'd have gotten at least one caller guranteed, seen it happen plenty of times with fellas calling all ins with shite like Q 7 and K 8.

My call on the flop was pretty poor play to alright, bit foolish trying to slow play it the way I did.

Comment

I check and the action is checked around to the cutoff who bets 2k...knew he hadnt a flush draw or a 10 and was hoping i could get him to commit on the turn\ (put him on a queen if anything). So I call.

Player in the cutoff then goes all in (she is a very tight player and I instanly put her on a 10)
              Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              Me not so sure..

Comment

I presume you're being sarcastic? (I can never tell online) but im just calling it as I see it. If I had a complete misread on them I'd have said that just as easily.

Me not so sure..]
                I've totally mangled the order of betting in this hand.(edited my original post to includer proper positions)

The guy who bet 2k was in the cutoff position, the player who re-raised all in was in the hijack position.
                Last edited by sheehoni; 17-07-12, 19:57.

Comment

Easy fold, terrible thread. When two people check raise all in you can expect one of them to turn over a ten (including one person who you put on a ten1), and any ten beats you. Whats the question here?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Easy fold, terrible thread. When two people check raise all in you can expect one of them to turn over a ten (including one person who you put on a ten1), and any ten beats you. Whats the question here?
                    The question is

WOT WUD U AV DONE SON.

Comment

The question is

WOT WUD U AV DONE SON.

this hurts me. As stated jam pre and continue to play this game on a regular basis but first keep getting better.

Comment

You really shouldn't've folded if you knew there was a 6 coming.

Comment

Working...
                        X