Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday storm spot

what do you do here?
    fwiw, villian isn't long at the table and his stats are iirc 6/6 over about 16hands. so very little here really.

Poker Stars, $10 + $1 NL Hold'em Tournament, 200/400 Blinds, 40 Ante, 9 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 19,517
    UTG+2: 7,101
    MP1: 6,560
    MP2: 4,448
    CO: 26,171
    BTN: 4,825
    SB: 16,058
    BB: 26,004
    Hero (UTG): 15,263

Pre-Flop: (960) 8 8 dealt to Hero (UTG)
    Hero raises to 960, UTG+1 calls 960, 6 folds, BB calls 560

Flop: (3,440) 2 4 3 (3 Players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 1,978, UTG+1 raises to 18,517 and is All-In,

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Not going on much here really and people will probably say different but I fold here and find a better spot.

Tis too fishy and alot of overpairs are calling UTG +1 here
    Last edited by A_CitizenErased; 28-11-11, 13:48.

Comment

Personally Id fold. Its unlikely he is shoving a set. 99, 1010, JJ more likely.

Comment

I'm folding here and keeping the 14k stack for a better spot. As already mentioned 99-jj looks likely.
        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Its the Sunday Storm, he can show up with anything snap call and try fade the diamonds

Comment

It's always a flushdraw isn't it? I think I'm calling.

Comment

Call and hold against AQ

Comment

A-Q suited diamonds really? Would villain not be re-raising here with that?

All depends how much credit hes giving hero raising UTG I suppose.

Still folding anyway.

Can find better spot.

Comment

Its sunday storm, calll

Think most players in this rr aq,99+ pre, if hes given u cred for big hand pre hel rr u with hands your losing to pre...

I.dont like it but in this tourney nd structure il hero call and wont lose to much sleep over it ,games just to crap shooty/quick blinds to be passing these spots..

Think ur shown kdqd
                  Last edited by fumyname; 28-11-11, 14:11.

Comment

I call here constantly being suprised with what villians show up with in this tournament. In my experience its fully possible he's doing this with 55,66,77, Ax, or two diamonds. Most higher PP's would raise pre

Comment

This is a very standard fold for me.

Comment

I know 16 hands is a pretty worthless sample size, but at first look, isnt 6/6 over 16 hands pretty tight?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                          I know 16 hands is a pretty worthless sample size, but at first look, isnt 6/6 over 16 hands pretty tight?
                          it amts to opening 1 hand and afair it was a lp steal

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Fold.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

its pretty tight so far, 5 folds, and 5 calls.

Comment

Originally posted by fumyname View Post
                                Think ur shown kdqd
                                Something like this for me aswell. Maybe any two broadway combo diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                  Call and hold against AQ
                                  If villian actually shows me this hand I'm folding. It is the sort of hand I imediately thought thou A10dd or the like, that or 55, 66 hands, but he must have sets and higher PP's in his range also.
                                  I think its a fold on balance. I dont like ur sizing on the flop thou, I'd be like 1150/1200 or so.
                                  Last edited by Arazi; 28-11-11, 17:11.

Comment

Cmon, it's very rarely the AdQd, most likely pair + draw combo. So at best we are a 70/30 fav, if you want to put the guts of 40bbs in here with at best 70% equity be my guest. They sometimes can have 66/55 but it's usually gotta be a A4/A3 kinda hand with/without Ad! I fold and wait for a better spot in such a soft tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                      Cmon, it's very rarely the AdQd, most likely pair + draw combo. So at best we are a 70/30 fav, if you want to put the guts of 40bbs in here with at best 70% equity be my guest. They sometimes can have 66/55 but it's usually gotta be a A4/A3 kinda hand with/without Ad! I fold and wait for a better spot in such a soft tourney.
                                      If you put him on that range and fold then u really need to go back to school.
                                      I'd fold too but if that was the range I'm putting him on its a snapcall

Comment

There's a school? :O

I'm a nit and would prefer a better spot, they can have 99/1010 here often also and even A5! I just don't think it's profitable in the long run to call off here! I completely get where you're coming from though. It's a toss of a coin when it comes down to it. They either have you crushed, or you're slightly ahead and willing to take the slight gamble.

Comment

The more I look at this hand its probably more than likely a flush draw. I guess hes shipping it here as you made the UTG raise showing strength so you can call it off and he has a monster flush draw, drawing very live.. I guess he is calling here with KQdiamonds and in the sunday storm probably Q-Jdiamonds too. We are winning 46% of the time if he has the flushdraw. I am probably calling this one off the more I look at it taking the Sunday Storm mindfield into consideration.
                                          Last edited by A_CitizenErased; 28-11-11, 17:36.

Comment

Any word on hoe this played out OP? I just can't see it being a flushdraw all that often.

Comment

Just for my 2c I think they have a low pair here. Big over bet I think is more likely to be defensive to stop you hitting any type of draw. If he was trying to hit a draw he would call rather than shove his stack into a raise.

Big pair and he would have bet pre. You might have run into trips but I think you are more likely up against a small pair with an ace (giving wheel straight draw) and maybe a flush draw also.

You have an over pair but he will have outs thoughts on if you want to flip are up to you but I do so that I can go bullying stacks for tournament glory rather than folding my way to min cash.

This strategy is why I do not make my living out of poker tho
                                              Last edited by RichieM; 28-11-11, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                                                Any word on hoe this played out OP? I just can't see it being a flushdraw all that often.
                                                I actually think this type of scenario is a flushdraw more than anything fwiw

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                Just for my 2c I think they have a low pair here. Big over bet I think is more likely to be defensive to stop you hitting any type of draw. If he was trying to hit a draw he would check rather than shove his stack into a raise.

Big pair and he would have bet pre. You might have run into trips but I think you are more likely up against a small pair with an ace (giving wheel straight draw) and maybe a flush draw also.

You have an over pair but he will have outs thoughts on if you want to flip are up to you but I do so that I can go bullying stacks for tournament glory rather than folding my way to min cash.

This strategy is why I do not make my living out of poker tho
                                                This doesn't make any sense, at what point can the villian check?

I like the shove with the flushdraw here as he is always live with a ton of equity and he gets hero to fold a lot of better hands.

As the hero, I think it's close. Without reads it's probably a fold but I would call very often anyway

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                  I actually think this type of scenario is a flushdraw more than anything fwiw

This doesn't make any sense, at what point can the villian check?

I like the shove with the flushdraw here as he is always live with a ton of equity and he gets hero to fold a lot of better hands.

As the hero, I think it's close. Without reads it's probably a fold but I would call very often anyway
                                                  Sorry not check meant to say call

Comment

fold

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      Sorry not check meant to say call
                                                      I hate calling with 5.5k in the pot and the BB still behind us. Are we calling to fold to the BB if he shoves?

The hero has circa 12k behind at this point, if you miss you would have to think you will be facing another big bet.

I'd prefer to fold a FD than to call in this situation.

Comment

If we open 88 UTG we must call now, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
                                                          If we open 88 UTG we must call now, IMO.
                                                          Why? What you doing here with 88 UTG?
                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                            Why? What you doing here with 88 UTG?
                                                            same as OP

Comment

it would seem to be a very 50/50 spot, and this one was extremely close imo, if i had 50-60 hands on the guy i could have made a better decision based on his stats.
                                                              i used my full 90seconds on this one and was damn close to calling, but in the end i laid it down.
                                                              i felt calling here iam shown an overpair a fair bit, a flush draw alot, and an Ahi flushdraw giving him straight possibilities fairly often also, throw in a few sets and i don't think it is worth it for the amt of times iam shown an underpair or a stone cold bluff here.

Comment

very straight forward fold for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                  very straight forward fold for me
                                                                  +1

i know theres gonna be alot of dead money in the pot but it still looks like its gonna be a -ev call with the general ranges been given to him
                                                                  Last edited by Laois Hammer; 28-11-11, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                    +1

i know theres gonna be alot of dead money in the pot but it still looks like its gonna be a -ev call with the general ranges been given to him
                                                                    +11

There really is some terrible advice being given ITT from the call camp!

Comment

Working...
                                                                    X