suggestion - IPB Calender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suggestion - IPB Calender

I was thinking last night about the calender on the iphone, or the HTC desire or any other compatible smart phone cover by BBV posters.

They all have a feature to sync to a central calender, and it auto matically adds new events. You can do this without a phone too via google claneder or similar.

I was wondering if it would be easy enough to organsie a poker events calender. Basically via IPB tourney organisers, or anyone would add events to a central calender and everyone coyuld be kept up to date. Would help with scheduling for operators too, you would forget various events next month etc etc.

Obviously every weekly game or end of month game doesn't go in, and a buy-in limit is a good idea, say non-regular events, or every 3 months or more apart with a buy-in 100euro or more

I think the softare used is called CalDAV, not too familar with it myself, but thought I throw it out in case its easy enough. Would be a handy feature

Haven't read the OP, but can i be Mr June. TY

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Haven't read the OP, but can i be Mr June. TY
      reading the op might be good in this case

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I wouldn't mind if there was a sort of calender app for the desire or something that anybody could add dates/times/buyin/locations of - even weekly tournamets. the enduser could filter by location/buyin or whatever so where ever they were in ireland they could locate a game - whether it's in a pub or a large buyin event.

Comment

this is a great idea. im always on the road and and app that can tell me the nearest game to my bankroll would be the nuts
          http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

So anybody have the knowledge to get this running

Comment

If it helps...

I have had similiar ideas to this before as well. Basically, I set about building an engine for organisers to add events and then make it searchable/calendar. Its currently sitting under the 'tournaments' tab on pokerevents.ie with a few sample events added. There is also an iphone (web) app to display the same info. The app is written using jqtouch which I believe should work well enough on android devices as well but I have never tested on android so no idea how it looks. If you are using safari on an iphone to browse the site its best to click the '+' button and then 'Add to Home Screen' to run it as an app and get the full features. The UI is a bit messy but you should get the idea.
              Just thought I'd put it out there as I'm moving this engine of the pokerevents site to domain unknown as of this point so if anybody's interested in doing anything with this, just let me know.

Comment

I might have a look at App Inventor for the Android. Using GPS, Google Maps and a central online databse. It may be possible to create an app where it knows where you are and can pinpoint address's on google maps of poker games within - say a 10 mile radius (this can be configurable).

It can then also display things like buy in - contact number etc. Can't see it been that hard to do. The only issue would be where to store the database - who would maintain it, how could operators add their tournies etc. I'll have a look at it over the next week to see what I can do.

FWIW I only have an Android for 3 weeks and never used App Inventor.

meh - I'll give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                  I might have a look at App Inventor for the Android. Using GPS, Google Maps and a central online databse. It may be possible to create an app where it knows where you are and can pinpoint address's on google maps of poker games within - say a 10 mile radius (this can be configurable).

It can then also display things like buy in - contact number etc. Can't see it been that hard to do. The only issue would be where to store the database - who would maintain it, how could operators add their tournies etc. I'll have a look at it over the next week to see what I can do.

FWIW I only have an Android for 3 weeks and never used App Inventor.

meh - I'll give it a go.
                  Where is a nerd when you need one eh?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                    Where is a nerd when you need one eh?
                    Shut up.

Comment

AFAIK, there is a fairly easy plug in on vbulletin that'll do most of this
                      not an app, just a Java Calender
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        Shut up.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          AFAIK, there is a fairly easy plug in on vbulletin that'll do most of this
                          not an app, just a Java Calender
                          Will jave run on iphone, i know flash doesn't can't remember in java does

Comment

Java would.
                            Most mobile apps are Java based
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I had a quick look at the vBulletin Calendar and I don't see any API for exporting it to other calendar applications like google or iCal.
                              I suppose if it was readable on a mobile phone then you wouldn't need any more.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                I had a quick look at the vBulletin Calendar and I don't see any API for exporting it to other calendar applications like google or iCal.
                                I suppose if it was readable on a mobile phone then you wouldn't need any more.
                                that's what I meant
                                No need for another app if there is already a built in function in vbulletin.
                                I'm more familiar with phpbb and Joomla but I know the functionality exists
                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 07-10-10, 12:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X