No announcement yet.

Airticity League Prem & First - 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i went to this game, such pain watching it. Shamrocks team that started would be mid table in the prom id imagine, yet couldnt beat bohs kids

Centre back for bohs (taller of the two) was very good.
    GAA News Website

Comment

As I said yesterday Bohs have gotten themselves a very good A team, we've been raiding Belvedere for a few years now and afaik we're getting a few players from Home Farm this month.

Comment

Good signing by Shams me thinks...

Jim Magilton temp assistant manager

Was a really nice footballer, his teams try to play nice football, might have an influence?

At worst, is a fresh face around the place, which is probably needed out there at the minute
        Last edited by Guest; 06-07-11, 11:09.

Comment

No real value I could see anywhere except maybe Athlone away to Mervue I expect Athlone's results to improve no end in coming weeks.
          They are 7/2 with PP and 15/4 with VC.

Think I'll do 4 trebles and a 4 fold for shits and giggles too:

Shels,Mons,Athlone and U.C.D pays around 28/1

Comment

I'll like the Overs in the Ucd Bray game.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Cork to destroy Salthill? -2 19/20 with SportingBet..............

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                No real value I could see anywhere except maybe Athlone away to Mervue I expect Athlone's results to improve no end in coming weeks.
                They are 7/2 with PP and 15/4 with VC.

Think I'll do 4 trebles and a 4 fold for shits and giggles too:

Shels,Mons,Athlone and U.C.D pays around 28/1

i think u are right here about Athlone i hear that Mervue a missing a lot of player tonight...

Comment

Bray and the overs for me. Will have a small punt on Athlone aswell.

Comment

Bray and Bray draw no bet to beat Derry looks the value to me, Derry should be too strong but 5/1 for a decent team at home is too big to pass up. Think Dundlak are backable at 2/5 home to UCD aswell.

Comment

quigley and hawkins out for dundalk
                      theyll need to get goals from the middle again

yeh derry seem a little short, shame dempsey is missing. very important for bray

sligo should really put it past a depleted and demoralised Galway
                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                        quigley and hawkins out for dundalk
                        theyll need to get goals from the middle again
                        Should prob have done a bit more homework on that but I really don't rate UCD and Dundalk will be desperate for a win to avoid slipping away from the top 5.

Comment

The last 17 games involving either Dundalk or UCD have finished above 2.5 goals. I'm on over 2.5 3.5 and 4.5. Obv going to be a goalless draw
                          Last edited by The Situation; 15-07-11, 18:22.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Sigh That was a fail of Galway United proportions!
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              The last 17 games involving either Dundalk or UCD have finished above 2.5 goals. I'm on over 2.5 3.5 and 4.5. Obv going to be a goalless draw
                              quigley dundalks top scorer, and rusk, UCDs top scorer were both missing. (as is jason byrne the last ages)

check www.extratime.ie for match reports for team news
                              GAA News Website

Comment

Limerick will give a start to Behan and Gamble tonight possibly both Maher and Kelly will start too squad looking far stronger S.Tracy is most likely out though he hasn't trained all week.
                                W.Colbert has been massive for Athlone in recent weeks and I met him in UL Thursday he hasn't trained all week and is a huge doubt for Athlone and with J.Hughes.
                                4/7 is all gone but Lims still backable at 1/2.

Stick in Longford and Shels for a treble pays just under 9/4 on Stan James as oppossed to 7/4 with PP. Not a massive price for 3 aways but Salthill are desperate and Finn Harps are pretty bad too.

Comment

I'm sure everything in Drog V's Shams match was 100% above board

BUT it is lol-stupid/retarded/LOI that the ref of any game is a season ticket holder at one of the clubs playing

& I have no interest in hearing a list of decisions he has not given over the years, it is just stupid!

ooh and probably should have posted this last week but Drogs really impressed (considering their start to the season) against Sligo last week

Comment

Sigh That was a fail of Galway United proportions!
                                    I really hate seeing this line taken for bets, all maths, no questions as too why

The first question that has to be asked is WHY the last 17 games had goals in them

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                      Limerick will give a start to Behan and Gamble tonight possibly both Maher and Kelly will start too squad looking far stronger S.Tracy is most likely out though he hasn't trained all week.
                                      W.Colbert has been massive for Athlone in recent weeks and I met him in UL Thursday he hasn't trained all week and is a huge doubt for Athlone and with J.Hughes.
                                      4/7 is all gone but Lims still backable at 1/2.

Stick in Longford and Shels for a treble pays just under 9/4 on Stan James as oppossed to 7/4 with PP. Not a massive price for 3 aways but Salthill are desperate and Finn Harps are pretty bad too.
                                      Binky bink. I heard Lims were rubbish but scraped over the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                        I really hate seeing this line taken for bets, all maths, no questions as too why

The first question that has to be asked is WHY the last 17 games had goals in them
                                        Yeah silly maths, no one ever did anything with that numbers shit.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                          you know exactly what I mean, but you feel free to fire ahead with the drooling!

Comment

you know exactly what I mean, but you feel free to fire ahead with the drooling!
                                            Now now lads!!!
                                            Would be good to have Ckid take part in this thread if possible

What El Shambo obv meant was that these figures are in exclusion to any other info. Did they have their best attacking team playing? worst defensive team playing? who were their opposition? what is their defensive record? Were there sending offs in any of these games? or games were either team were beaten by more than 2 goals (each consecutive goal loses its weighting in this argument).

The maths applied by Sit, in isolation (and before checking team news) wouldnt be thorough enough to get involved in a bet, in El Shambo (and my) opinions.

pretty sure this is what he meant!

Prem really taking shape at the moment. Didnt think we'd see Shamrock Rovers odds against again this season. The problem though with such new transfers vs Sligo with fewer is that it takes them a long time to settle. Im not sure O'Neill even knows his best 11, and the form of some of his big names isnt helping this
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Both strategies, maths and the deeper approach can both be successful.

Pure statistics if applied correctly can easily result in an edge, to dismiss an "all math" approach is pretty ignorant.

And it's always funny to see people question other people's reasoning after the result is known.

Comment

Both strategies, maths and the deeper approach can both be successful.

Pure statistics if applied correctly can easily result in an edge, to dismiss an "all math" approach is pretty ignorant.

And it's always funny to see people question other people's reasoning after the result is known.
                                                *the word simple is missing from my original post*

& there is nothing "all math" about 17 game streak must become an 18 game streak, especially when dealing with team sports with wafer thin squads

ignorant after-timing is it?
                                                fantastic!
                                                Last edited by Guest; 16-07-11, 23:13.

Comment

Prem really taking shape at the moment. Didnt think we'd see Shamrock Rovers odds against again this season. The problem though with such new transfers vs Sligo with fewer is that it takes them a long time to settle. Im not sure O'Neill even knows his best 11, and the form of some of his big names isnt helping this
                                                  I'd be shocked if Shams won the league this year, losing Mannus is a massive blow on top of the rumours that he has lost the dressing room and support of the board. If they win their European game they also have at least another 2 rounds in Europe.

Comment

That has basically been Sligo rovers problem for years (not with regard to winning the league, just in general)
                                                    Every season until this one really, new players getting used to each other,
                                                    always disruptive

As much as the lads on boards/foot might think it does, football management apparently doesn't work like football manager

possibly one of the reasons Mon plays the system/style he does?

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    I'd be shocked if Shams won the league this year, losing Mannus is a massive blow on top of the rumours that he has lost the dressing room and support of the board. If they win their European game they also have at least another 2 rounds in Europe.
                                                    squad depth
                                                    more actual Strength/Pace
                                                    more money
                                                    TWIGG
                                                    Sheppard
                                                    season ticket holding referee

signed/signing one of the best keepers in the country (Richard Brush)

Sligo Rovers are a better team (as are possibly Derry) but
                                                    I wouldn't be shocked if they won it
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-07-11, 14:53. Reason: me no write engerlish good

Comment

Now now lads!!!
                                                      Would be good to have Ckid take part in this thread if possible

What El Shambo obv meant was that these figures are in exclusion to any other info. Did they have their best attacking team playing? worst defensive team playing? who were their opposition? what is their defensive record? Were there sending offs in any of these games? or games were either team were beaten by more than 2 goals (each consecutive goal loses its weighting in this argument).
                                                      The maths applied by Sit, in isolation (and before checking team news) wouldnt be thorough enough to get involved in a bet, in El Shambo (and my) opinions.

pretty sure this is what he meant!

Prem really taking shape at the moment. Didnt think we'd see Shamrock
                                                      Rovers odds against again this season. The problem though with such new transfers vs Sligo with fewer is that it takes them a long time to settle. Im not sure O'Neill even knows his best 11, and the form of some of his big names isnt helping this
                                                      I'm sure everything in Drog V's Shams match was 100% above board
                                                      BUT it is lol-stupid/retarded/LOI that the ref of any game is a season ticket holder at one of the clubs playing

& I have no interest in hearing a list of decisions he has not given over the years, it is just stupid!
                                                      ooh and probably should have posted this last week but Drogs really impressed (considering their start to the season) against Sligo last week
                                                      FWIW I apply similar basic stats systems across many of Europes/SA smaller leagues without any knowledge of lineups and do alright. Actually more successful last 12 months than when I back overs/unders in Prem/ Serie A/Champs league where I'd think I've a fairly deep knowledge of teams.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Galway are a serious outfit

SPOILER
                                                        seriously shite

Comment

FWIW I apply similar basic stats systems across many of Europes/SA smaller leagues without any knowledge of lineups and do alright. Actually more successful last 12 months than when I back overs/unders in Prem/ Serie A/Champs league where I'd think I've a fairly deep knowledge of teams.
                                                          Ive nothing against maths
                                                          or maths based bets (ive a maths based degree in the back of some wardrobe gathering dust)

Just don't the line taken with that bet (or bets like it)

& ya, smaller leagues are going to offer more value than big leagues
                                                          & ya, unless you become a expert on mid table Belgian teams, any bets are going to be maths based

but from reading your usual bets (AND I DO)
                                                          you put a lot more thought into them than
                                                          17 must become 18 therefore lump on!?

good luck with it!

Comment

Can we steam into Drogs -1 at home to Galway @ evens?

Comment

Wouldn't go near the game myself.

Think Limerick are backable at close to evens.

Sligo were a bet earlier in the week as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                Can we steam into Drogs -1 at home to Galway @ evens?
                                                                Trust Galway to let in goals
                                                                Trust Drogs to stop Galway scoring, played really well against Sligo recently (Dave Rogers ran the defence brilliantly)

Do you trust Drogs to score 2?

tempting bet alright but...

McGuinness @40/1 first goal with VC in Sligo Rovers V's Pats game is a bit big imo
                                                                We have been scoring a few from set pieces recently and he is a constant threat, Peers is only about 25/1

worth a dirty fiver!?

Comment

Galway player with the first name "Yob" got sent off for elbowing a Drogs lad in the face. How apt
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Betfred offering 20/1 on Sligo Rovers winning in Ukraine

too big, have a tenner sitting in account so decide to stick it on

They would only allow me €7

Comment

Betfred offering 20/1 on Sligo Rovers winning in Ukraine

too big, have a tenner sitting in account so decide to stick it on

They would only allow me €7
                                                                      Nice one - Best price with the books now is 17/2!

Comment

Nice one - Best price with the books now is 17/2!
                                                                        aahh well, nearly

Probably should have backed the draw(or handicaps) as well seeing as the prices were so out

every pub I was in last night (and I was in a few) people were drinking bookies money having backed the draw

Just hope they finish the job now

Comment

The Ukrakian lot have a €7 mil wage budget apparently

Comment

Copenhagen almost touching 1.8 - I think I could be having some of that by kick off.

Comment

Karpaty 5/6 with Boyles tonight. This price ain't lasting!

STATEMENT FROM THE PLAYERS OF ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB

Following receipt of a fax from the owners of St Patrick’s Athletic Football Club early this morning, we have considered its contents carefully.* The faxed offer is the same offer that we rejected last night in our meeting with the club.* Having discussed it at length, we are unanimous that the offer does not meet our minimum requirements.

The club will receive many multiples of the amounts we are seeking in prize money so payment to us would still leave the club in profit following our European campaign.

However, we have made it very clear to the board that our very modest requests would have to be agreed prior to tonight’s match; this issue has been ongoing for the past month.

It is, therefore, with huge regret that we must inform you that we will not be participating in the fixture this evening. This is a unanimous decision of all the players and has not been reached lightly.

We realise this is a devastating blow for the fans and the league. It is equally so for us as players but we cannot continue to be treated with disrespect by the club.

END

Comment

^ I don't get ye, if the fixture doesn't go ahead the bet is void surely.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

^ I don't get ye, if the fixture doesn't go ahead the bet is void surely.
                                                                                  But if it does I cant see Pats mindset being in any way right, cant see the fans getting behind them either.

Comment

Exactly. If it is void, meh and if it goes ahead then happy days as this is gonna be backed all day long. I might even have a nibble on the -1 @ 9/4 with Sportingbet.

Comment

Just received this text message from a mate who works with a Stains fan: "Anyhoo other news on the match, Karpathy missed their plane last night and only arrived this morning, they haven't trained in tallaght or anything, they may be there for the taking if pats sort themselves out."

Comment

Had far too much on this this morning, have layed off for the freeroll on Karpaty.

Comment

fancy shams draw no bet. Both missing players but shams squad should make up for it, esp if rossy and burns are out.
                                                                                          Not buying into the stats re rovers inability to win there. Relevant if bohs team now wasnt so much weaker to the last few years. Also rovers team increased immeasurably.
                                                                                          Like bray at as close to 1.8 but expect it to be a close game

Unders in both cork shels game and lim waterford also id imagine.
                                                                                          Shels be happy with a 0-0 here, im slightly closer to backing cork but will leave it.

Waterford and lim are both missing most of their attaching prowess. Lim should be the better team, but id expect waterf to put it up to them in a low scoring derby
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Think 2/1 is massive on Bohs, agree with the Bray bet.

Comment

We made Cork look like Barce - our captain is out for the rest of the season too.

Comment

We made Cork look like Barce - our captain is out for the rest of the season too.
                                                                                                Horgan play well? (on loan from Sligo Rovers)

Comment

Very well. Was impressed with himself and very very impressed by their no. 7.

Comment

He's been excellent since he arrived.

Low centre of gravity, strong on the ball, can pick out a pass and scores goals. Hope we can keep hold on to him.

Davin O'Neill (No. 7) did well for the goals. Think that is his best position up top. A bit inconsistent.

Think we can take Limerick tomorrow at home. Vinny Sullivan or Derek O'Brien to come in for Horgan (cup tied) and Cummins looks back to his best judged by Friday night.
                                                                                                    Last edited by applehunter; 07-08-11, 23:40.

Comment

Any other team news for tonight AH?

Comment

Neal Horgan to come in for Stephan Mulcahy at RB. Hoggie missed Friday's game as he was playing for the Barrs in the Senior Football Championship on Saturday evening.

Derek O'Brien to come in for Daryl Horgan. Derek missed Friday night due to birth of his new baby. Nice replacement to have.

Not sure what kind of reception Gamble will get. Odds on for himself and Greg to get booked.

Comment

whats the story with galway

are they going to bother for the rest of the season or what?

Bubble?
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

whats the story with galway

are they going to bother for the rest of the season or what?

Bubble?
                                                                                                            they couldnt give a flying fcuk tbh. Nearly all want SC out and nobody wants to play anymore. Just fulfilling fixtures at this stage

Comment

thanks
                                                                                                              Im taking ucd and wexford in handicaps, 2 goals. Not too happy about the bets at all, but price is just a lil too wrong
                                                                                                              Going to do Bray too - expect to push/win the majority of the time. (2 goal handicap)
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Cork City on a massive high. Can't see anything other than a comprehensive win.

3-0 9/2

4-0 13/2

Comment

How did we draw that game?

Comment

bohs 9 men used each of their lives tonight.

Lucky guys!!
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

any idea on the Bohs or shels teams tonight for the Leinster cup?
                                                                                                                      presume bohs will play the kids again, like they did against rovers
                                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

any idea on the Bohs or shels teams tonight for the Leinster cup?
                                                                                                                        presume bohs will play the kids again, like they did against rovers
                                                                                                                        Would expect both teams to. Bohs kids to beat Shels kids imo.

Comment

If both kids - then yeh value in Bohs

Shels played nearly full team vs Wexford in the last round. Also with the league pretty much sewn up you'd imagine theyll take this game serious

theyve moved from 2.7 into 2.15 now - team news will be interesting
                                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X