No announcement yet.

Airticity League Prem & First - 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the biggest game possible in the season for the dublin lads . . . so theyd 100% be taking it serious re Sheriff.
    Saying all this, i think the gulf in First Div to junior football is large and first hand id imagine this is closer to a bet than a lay.

Really struggle to get around inter league pricing.

what do we think of drogs and merv
    shams and derry price?

anyone any local info on other teams that makes anything look like value?

theres always a few draws or upsets in these
    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
      I like that one myself. Shels were that price a couple of seasons ago when Crumlin defeated us and we had proper First Division fodder back then. Something dodgy about those games too IIRC.

Are Salthill really that far ahead of Sheriff? I'd only back them if I knew the Dublin lads weren't taking it seriously, i.e. piss up in Galway being more important.
      Sheriff only got beat in semi of FAI junior 4 or 5 weeks ago by Pike who went on to win it outright(wp semibluff). That was there last competitive game afaik, so match sharpness has to be a worry also as semi said there is a decent enough advantage in playing staff/coaching staff and technical ability for senior sides as opposed to junior ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
        this is the biggest game possible in the season for the dublin lads . . . so theyd 100% be taking it serious re Sheriff.
        Saying all this, i think the gulf in First Div to junior football is large and first hand id imagine this is closer to a bet than a lay.

Really struggle to get around inter league pricing.

what do we think of drogs and merv
        shams and derry price?

anyone any local info on other teams that makes anything look like value?

theres always a few draws or upsets in these
        Derry should win imo and I would have taken 2/7 had I seen it, quickly went 2/9 afaik.

Shams will win.

Drogheda v Mervue I would imagine Drogheda will be keen to win but I'm not sure they even have the quality to be backed at 5/6 v Mervue.

On a seperate note I reckon if we did a Irish soccer syndicate we'd kill it looking back over the thread.

Comment

I'd stay well clear of the fixture unless I was privvy to some sort of info. There's also a strong chance that a few of the Sherrif lads could be on their holiers which is usually the case when we get to the 3rd round.....

I'm eyeing up a Derry, Limerick, Shels away treble @ 1.93 with VC. I can't see any blips in those games

Comment

I'd stay well clear of the fixture unless I was privvy to some sort of info. There's also a strong chance that a few of the Sherrif lads could be on their holiers which is usually the case when we get to the 3rd round.....

I'm eyeing up a Derry, Limerick, Shels away treble @ 1.93 with VC. I can't see any blips in those games
            You're aware I'm backing Salthill not Sheriff?

That treble looks very feasible

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
              You're aware I'm backing Salthill not Sheriff?
              I am now

Anyone know if Fenlon is taking this cup seriously? He didn't give the league cup a second thought and I'm wondering if he will be resting his main side again? Douglas Hall up to much?

Comment

I am now

Anyone know if Fenlon is taking this cup seriously? He didn't give the league cup a second thought and I'm wondering if he will be resting his main side again? Douglas Hall up to much?
                Douglas Hall are a side I havent seen in about 3 years they play MSL I think. Maybe applehunter can tell us more?

It shouldn't take a very strong side to put em away but cups be cups and Fenlon may want out of it immediatly, doubt it though.

Comment

At the moment I think there is value in Derry, Shels and Rovers. Id like to know more about Drogs and Mervue before deciding on that one but there may be value in opposing drogs?

Will have more info on Galway and Bray soon so will be able to price up those matches better too

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    Douglas Hall are a side I havent seen in about 3 years they play MSL I think. Maybe applehunter can tell us more?

It shouldn't take a very strong side to put em away but cups be cups and Fenlon may want out of it immediatly, doubt it though.
                    They played last night in the MSL playoff game and were beaten 2-0 by Rockmount.

That was the big one this week.

Mentally and physically they will be shot and on that pitch they will be in for a tough night.

Comment

id expect Fenlon to give games to a lot of the younger players. If not starts then 25 minutes + especially if the game is put to bed.
                      Any players with niggling injuries will be rested. I think he should start Fagan who looked a few yards from match fit the last game, but id expect Bisto and Brennan to be rested for Mon (?) games
                      GAA News Website

Comment

ok so value for today going with;

Bohs
                        Derry
                        Rovers

All to win comfortably Id imagine

Also I know its the wrong thread but since we dont have a tennis thread

Nadal to win
                        Nadal to win in straight sets

both are good value

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          ok so value for today going with;

Bohs
                          Derry
                          Rovers
                          How do you make them value?
                          Based on what team news?
                          Also - what price is value?

Only really helpful when you explain the above with as much theory as possible

Otherwise id view it as "banker treble . . . *price irrelevant "
                          GAA News Website

Comment

Waiting till I get lineups before I get involved with any game.

Comment

How do you make them value?
                              Based on what team news?
                              Also - what price is value?

Only really helpful when you explain the above with as much theory as possible

Otherwise id view it as "banker treble . . . *price irrelevant "
                              apologies for the poor post - I meant banker treble based on there isn't any funky team news at current prices. Obviously odds are never irrelevant but I get your point

Comment

Currently eyeing up Derry ht/ft @ 4/5. And obviously a degenerate 8 team accum spread across internationals and cup games.

Comment

Cork City have a very strong team out against Middleton. Bohs likewise.

Cork City (-1)
                                  Bohs. (-1)

5/4 double

Comment

Derry pay the price for not playing their best players.

Comment

Protestant cunts

Comment

I'm giving up on FAI cup games

Comment

Protestant cunts
                                          Haha they'd love that one.

Comment

Galway have their strongest selection available since the win away to bohs. Sean Maher is coming back in to central defense and that allows walshy to be pushed out to left back. Gary Curran is back in the middle and Joeffe will partner Murphy up front (I'll be surprised if Murphs last until half time though). This is being seen as a real crunch game this year and Galway wont be pulling any punches. I dont think you can back them but I wouldnt put anyone off laying Dundalk at 1.2 for small money. Im also having a cheeky punt on under 2.5 goas at 2.72 - cup games will be tight and the reintroduction of players will shore up the defense. we are pretty limited in attack so I can see a relatively low scoring affair..

Also on Limerick to beat sacred heart @ 1.3

Comment

glad hearing all this, ive already backed galway in the handicap. considering injuries, dundalk are way too short
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Galway are so bad its not even funny

That was a very limited Dundalk team

Comment

getting +2 goals on galway. Then they take a 1-0 lead and still losing. GTFO Galway. tyvm
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Does anyone have any opinions on the Finn harps v Longford game? Match betting looks like a bit of a minefield. 4/6 on the unders doesn't seem too bad though?

Comment

Can't see the 1/2 on Rovers lasting much longer.

Layers not giving an inch with the shorties.

Stung last week???

Comment

not sure the 1/2 is far off, unless UCD missing a few

Might oppose shels and limerick in the handicaps.

Maybe back Dundalk in the derby
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

not sure the 1/2 is far off, unless UCD missing a few

Might oppose shels
                                                          and limerick in the handicaps.

Maybe back Dundalk in the derby
                                                          Same here. I might even back Mervue +2 for a sweat.

Are Bray worth a go?

Comment

Same here. I might even back Mervue +2 for a sweat.

Are Bray worth a go?
                                                            If you are apposing Shelbourne at home to Mervue how does that back up your statement that this team will "walk away" with the league????

Bray are looking the real deal.
                                                            Last edited by applehunter; 09-06-11, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                              If you are apposing Shelbourne at home to Mervue how does that back up your statement that this team will "walk away" with the league????

Bray are looking the real deal.
                                                              I should have highlighted the whole sentence. I was going to oppose us on the handicap. However, just read that Mervue are missing a few through injury, work commitments and the Leaving Cert so Shels will be included into a bet.

Going for a treble of Shels, Cork, and Dundalk @ 10/11 with Stan James

Single on Bray @ 1.75

Comment

ive got out of my shels bet - mervue just missing too many

like dundalk in handicap
                                                                maybe sligo if injuries for bohs go my way (brennan)
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Dundalk let me down for a big treble.

Too easy for City at the Cross tonight.

Athlone by my reckoning failed to hit the target in the whole match. Cummins with 2 but could have had a few more.

Good wins for Rovers and Bray.

Comment

why isnt wex game on in wex?
                                                                    how weak will either teams be do we think??

dundalk have perplexed me all season. surely they'll get chinned tonight??

might go to tallaght to watch that game
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

why isnt wex game on in wex?
                                                                      how weak will either teams be do we think??

dundalk have perplexed me all season. surely they'll get chinned tonight??

might go to tallaght to watch that game
                                                                      Seen Dundalk play a couple of times this season against Rovers. What's up with that young Hector lad they've playing at CB? Is he there on some sort of special needs scheme. Genuinely the worst defender positionaly I've ever seen, albeit based on only seeing him play twice.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

He's on loan from Reading at the moment. Reminds me of a smalling-espe player (et obv ALOT worse). Yet he can make the worse mistakes. He's very prone to lapses in concentration and is a liability in defence. He isnt too bad when playing defensive mid for them, and can get his head on to a corner also

He's out tonight, for what its worth. Injured!
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

how much of the roll should I put on Rovers tonight? Should be a cracking game if nothing else.

I also really like Pats tonight at 2.58 - They have really good away form this season and I presume Dundalk are still missing a few? terrible loss to drogs at the weekend cant be a good sign
                                                                          Last edited by Bubbleking; 13-06-11, 14:32.

Comment

how much of the roll should I put on Rovers tonight? Should be a cracking game if nothing else.

I also really like Pats tonight at 2.58 - They have really good away form this season and I presume Dundalk are still missing a few? terrible loss to drogs at the weekend cant be a good sign
                                                                            Answering bold: at that price, none

Pats dundalk team news : http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12570/0/
                                                                            Hard to know about this price, tough accounting for players missing
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Over 2.5 in Dundalk vs Pats. Both sides strengths lie in attack.

Rovers should have too much for Derry at home. Price is tempting too.

Comment

Taking Derry +1 at 11/10 anyone?

Dundalk dnb is as big as 11/10 with vic chandler.

Comment

fwiw im on derry in handicap - should be about 10/11 rovers - both teams full strength - looking forward to it

Also, im on st pats draw no bet. Waiting on team news, and/if pats shorten too much, might get out

Im guessing gaynor and bolger start in defence, if murphy and bennet are both injured ( murphy isnt too solid anyways, and bennet out of position too - although best CB partner considering all those available)

Dundalk missing byrne, mc gloughlin, hector, guthrie, maher, murphy and bennett possibly. for such a seriously small squad this is a lot. Hope mc faul starts
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

very good words of wisdom in this thread

In the end I got on pats
                                                                                    Derry in the Handicap (thanks Donal)
                                                                                    Overs in the dundalk pats game (thanks applehunter)

(seems like after timing so will post screen shots if anyone cares that much)

Lost a small double I had on Rovers + Pats

ah well I wont complain

Comment

Saved a quid on a Rovers bet by reading some of the opinions here. In the end I fact that I haven't seen much of Derry this season put me off investing.

Overs in Dundalk made it a good night.

Comment

Wexford manager doing an interview on the phone to MNS 10 mins before kick off, obviously they were taking things seriously
                                                                                        Last edited by Raheny Red; 14-06-11, 01:33.

Comment

Rovers 1/20 at home to Galway United this weekend, the shortest ever price for a LoI game?

At first glance, I could be interested in Derry @ 10/11 at home to Bohs.
                                                                                          Last edited by Raheny Red; 14-06-11, 03:03.

Comment

Cork City overpriced for trip to Monaghan.

Should be favs.

Hill's going a standout 7/4.

Comment

yeh agree here
                                                                                              dont rate Monaghan and wait for any excuse to try and oppose them, think cork should be 11/8 or shorter

mervue (with a full team) and longford could be interesting also

Unders shelbourne game looks nice also. Thats just the 1st!

prem is interesting too
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

First Div is very good betting wise this weekend.

In prem 1/2 St.Pats is backable away to Drogs.

Derry I'd prob take evens at home to Bohs.

Bray could be a bet at home to Dundalk who struggled Mon even after taking the lead(fml) and will hardly be able for the 2 games in 1 week with their wafer thin squad I'll wait to hear team news though.

Comment

Are Boyles reading this thread or what.

Head up to back Cork City at 17/10 and they are now 11/8.

Comment

According to our forum Behan and Gamble could be lining out for Limerick tomorrow?

Comment

According to our forum Behan and Gamble could be lining out for Limerick tomorrow?
                                                                                                      Behan is def regged up and available for selection. He can't be match fit though. No1 seems to know the story with Gamble

Comment

were has gamble been? i remember back in the day he was getting 2k a week with cork and turning down moves to england
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

were has gamble been? i remember back in the day he was getting 2k a week with cork and turning down moves to england
                                                                                                          It was closer to 4k a week.

Comment

derry a great bet at 10/11
                                                                                                            no ger o brien or killian brennan. Fagan not playing well, young lad from last week suspended too

I like cork draw no bet at evens too

unders lim shels (although lim cb missing)
                                                                                                            overs mervue wex
                                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Im on Derry @10/11

Rovers -2.5 (Galway have the weakest team I have ever seen and that is by Galway standards. 6 players are about to walk. Club is financially wrecked

Cork Draw no bet looks good too

Comment

10/11 looks decent although a draw is fairly likely. Joyce being suspended is no loss, will be released at the end of the month when loan deal finishes. I'll be avoiding.

Comment

yeh ive a little on 1-0 and 2-0. bohs to bore the life of the game, although derry can pass the ball - hope they open them up enough

how bad are galway - do tell . . . who's missing?
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

fwiw i cant bring myself to back -3 shams, its just too many goal. GL with your bet though (-2.5 is like 1.6)
                                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

walshy is out (suspended) Sean kelly out with knee. anyone that is remotely doubtful is being left off to save their legs for the drogheda match - therefore Murphs probably wont start. ditto sean maher.

debutant right winger tonight - hes a nice lad but a junior footballer in all honesty. Not having walshy at left back is massive and the flood gates could easily open. Our back 4 are solid(ish) but the 6 in front of them apart from Carl moore are so so limited. I expect a massacre tbh

I'll put it this way Galway to win are 25/1
                                                                                                                      Rovers to win 8-0 are also 25/1

Comment

Went up to watch Limerick and Shels. They were excellent in the first half. Considering Lims started with 3 centre halfs(without Purcell and calla) they penetrated well past our back 5.
                                                                                                                        Second half Limerick a bit better til the red card. Shels tacked on goals 2 and 3 in last 10 mins then. Other semibluffs unders bet was a banker only for the red card.

Raheny yer keeper is very good the others to stand out were the left full and the 2 boys in the middle

Comment

yeh little sick not to land that unders - considering card and what not. Although perhaps cork holding on to draw with a man down may balance it out??
                                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X