Airticity League Prem & First - 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
    Raheny Red, have you heard anything about the location of the Greystones match yet? I've yet to hear any solid information, apparently they've a decent enough set up but I'd still imagine it'll either be in the Carlisle Grounds or Tolka, but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.
    No I haven't heard anything yet but I reckon they'll shift it to Carlisle as it would see more away fans travel with the Dart and that. Hopefully they don't change it though.

EDIT: The 50s on Shels to win the cup is looking sweeter now. BP only 22s now

Comment

Derry make it 2-0 6 mins into injury time.

Few sweats on that one I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
        Derry make it 2-0 6 mins into injury time.

Few sweats on that one I'd say.
        Big time.

Futbol24's goal noise has to be the greatest sound on the planet. So good in fact, I've just recorded it as my message tone

Comment

followed by their "incorrect goal" sound being the biggest slow rolling tilting sound ever!!

bohs look a little short away. How bad are galway??

Wouldnt mind a bit bigger on sligo to plow in there

yet again first division seems about right, mainly because its just so hard to figure out the likes of finn harps/mervue/wexford
          GAA News Website

Comment

Galway are beyond awful but we're struggling to find goals although Fagan may be back on Friday. If we play like we did against Dundalk we could easily hammer them. Cherrie had to make 4 top class saves the other day, the Galway keeper doesnt look up to much.

Bray will probably be my only bet for the weekend.

Comment

For large parts of the game, Sligo Rovers were very good tonight

The good:
              Doyler looks a lot happier up front than he ever did out wide (Shams fans always thought it strange that he played wide midfield for us)

Richie Ryan looked a yard quicker (helped by the improved performance of the midfield around him)

The bad:
              Another poor mistake was the reason for their goal

no ugly tonight
              well, not slagging anyone off anyhu

Comment

Mons at 4/5 saturday night looks decent

Comment

Salthill @ 5/1 looks generous.

They have a couple of decent players this season.

Comment

I was out there on Saturday for our game and they are a tidy little side. Although the game was played in horrendous conditions they still managed to cause us problems. If they had a half decent striker they probably could have won the game.....

Comment

Owe you a pint or ten.

Some sweat with singles and doubles on Salthill and Bray.

Comment

Had S.Devon in a single @ 5's and (+1) at 6/4 was the cornerstone of a nice treble with Bohs and Sligo.

Delighted.

Brilliant game last night in Tolka.

Real helter-skelter high intensity game that made clashes in days gone by so memorable. We took out foot off the peddle after we scored and let Shels back in but finished really strong. Can't help but be optimistic for the rest of the season.

Bit of aggro outside the ground afterwards. Few of our "firm" looking for trouble and they got it.

Must of been around 300 from Cork there and 99% of us had a great time but some lads just take it too far.

Lets hope the young fella that ended up in hospital makes a full recovery.

Comment

Watching Ronnie Whelan bs his way through MNS is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anyone throw out more football generalisations in one show. Don't know why they bother having these mainstream panelist on the show every week when they haven't a clue about Irish football.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Watching Ronnie Whelan bs his way through MNS is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anyone throw out more football generalisations in one show. Don't know why they bother having these mainstream panelist on the show every week when they haven't a clue about Irish football.
                            In Houghton's defence I've seen him at LOI games on a couple of occasions.
                            Pretty sure Whelan doesnt know where Tallaght Stadium even is

Comment

anything we like?? dundalk away for me
                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                anything we like?? dundalk away for me
                                Dundalk look a backable price. Derry should win too
                                Last edited by Aya14; 17-05-11, 19:52.

Comment

Cardiff v's Reading game on radio and David Pleat just gave the LOI/Ireland the good word as a producer of talent that English clubs have stupidly ignored for years

Which was nice

Comment

Premier Division looks about right this week.

For a 1st division that has been so close so far there are some big differentials again this week.

Limerick are much too short against Harps. 3/10 best price...

Waterford should win at Athlone but would want something better than 8/11

Weighting is too much in favour of Mervue vs S. Devon.

Cork City 8/15 to win in Wexford and yet were Evs a few weeks ago.

Longford 9/2 vs Shels. They nearly best us down in the Cross a fortnight ago and Shels at Tolka is anything but a fortress.

Comment

agree with all your opinions apple, although id be a little closer to waterford, think athlone are pance. theyd a game tonight too - may be tired (leinster senior cup vs pats)
                                      still dont have enough faith in wexford, and cork on fire so will avoid this

think lim, shels both too short

also think mervue a little too short, but wont be bringing myself to back salthill
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Derry cost me €650

Had

Finn Harps +2
                                        Rovers -1
                                        Cork City
                                        Derry...

€100 Accum.

Comment

Derry cost me €650

Had

Finn Harps +2
                                          Rovers -1
                                          Cork City
                                          Derry...

€100 Accum.
                                          Derry cost me too.

Was at Limerick game Harps are rubbish,Lims not much better

Comment

whatta finish son;

Fancy waterford and sligo wins today. Athlone are missing williamson their cappy (he's a garda) and two others. Waterford are as close to full strength, will be left to rue a few missed chances against limerick last season, and i really think this could be the start of their season.

Of Maher is missing for galway (as i expect) then a ballsy -1 double could be on the cards
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

How Shels got all 3 points last night I'll never know. Once again we were awful and Longford should feel very hard done by.

Comment

Shels run good. Very good if last night is any indication.

The real mystery is why the fuck Dawson doesn't start when he's usually the best player on the pitch when he does play, it's like Shels for years have been trying to get promoted while dropping their best players just to prove how great we are.

It's tight at the top though, but with 2.5 going up and the state of the teams at the bottom of the PD even Shels would do well to blow this one.
                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Solid punting Donal, Dundalk were definitely the bet of the weekend, bookies seem to be way over rating UCD, long may it continue.

Comment

cheers oscar! just hope others are getting a little on too

Dundalk were missing byrne, which would of affected their price, but their important players would be kearns, quigley, hawkins cherrie (and by the end of the season prob bolger) . Only then would you consider byrne. IMO

Tonights waterford game was just set up lovely if youve followed their performances and players returning from injury vs their opponents troubles. Galway missing 4 players too.

Lost a bit on ht/ft shams though which was annoying

what did you make of the bohs game oscar presuming you were at it?
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Was stuck in work, good practically minute by minute updates from the game here - http://bfc1890.net/?page_id=12 We need Cronin and Fagan back to full fitness asap.

Comment

yeh you's are pretty limited outside of 13 players

I think pats will have a good middle part of the season, Kenna will be back soon. Mc Faul (one of the best players in the league i think) also getting his fitness.
                                                        If pete will stop boring us all with his tactics, theyll do well in coming weeks
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Well....

Full set of fixtures tomorrow.

All for the sake of a mock-ee-ah tournament in the Aviva. Expect crowds to be down at all grounds across the country.

Finally time for Harps to get off the mark???

Rovers to get revenge at Bray?

Comment

yes
                                                            yes

and . . . limerick cork double nice with boyles too
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

3 solid home perfomers for treble tomorrow.

Derry
                                                              Sligo
                                                              Shamrock Rovers

11/4

Heading down to Limerick tomorrow. Not too confident after Thursday. We were disappointing.

Comment

Rovers look good
                                                                Derry are a lock

@ Doc - what limerick cork double is that?

Comment

3 solid home perfomers for treble tomorrow.

Derry
                                                                  Sligo
                                                                  Shamrock Rovers

11/4

Heading down to Limerick tomorrow. Not too confident after Thursday. We were disappointing.
                                                                  I'm heading up there too I really hope we play better than the Harps and Salthill games. Ye willl be too good for us if we don't make our passing stick.
                                                                  Shane Tracey is a massive loss, got injured last monday playing Munster senior cup and is a doubt.
                                                                  Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                  Rovers look good
                                                                  Derry are a lock

Ya I wondered the same thing with them playing each other.

Derry/Rovers looks good.

I think UCD may take something from the Pats game.

Salthill look too big at 10/3 still. Even though I got dribbles on at 5.1 and 5.2 I'll back em again if I see 4.7 or more

Comment

Betfair account has been strangely locked - just sent them off my docs so dunno how long that takes to reopen (maybe its a sign )

Anyway this is team news from Galway. Gary Curran, Steve Feeney, Shaun Maher and Alan Murphy all out through injury and Rory Gartlan is suspended. Joe Yoffe, Enda Curran and Gary Kelly are all doubtful. I really think this is lumpage of the highest order even though its currently tading at 1.22

What are peoples opinions on Bray? I think there is value to be had at 1.97 although there conservative approach away from home is slightly worrying

Comment

Betfair account has been strangely locked - just sent them off my docs so dunno how long that takes to reopen (maybe its a sign )

Anyway this is team news from Galway. Gary Curran, Steve Feeney, Shaun Maher and Alan Murphy all out through injury and Rory Gartlan is suspended. Joe Yoffe, Enda Curran and Gary Kelly are all doubtful. I really think this is lumpage of the highest order even though its currently tading at 1.22

What are peoples opinions on Bray? I think there is value to be had at 1.97 although there conservative approach away from home is slightly worrying
                                                                      Ya Derry are a strong bet, as for Bray I'd be suprised if a bad team beat Rovers twice in 8 weeks and bray have done that with a little luck albeit. I certainly wouldn't put any1 off backing em at evens.

Comment

A mug treble for myself @ 3.28

Shels
                                                                        Derry
                                                                        UCD

I may charge into Shels later on this evening.

Comment

Had a lot of different stuff weighed up but Im going for 2 singles

Derry (-1)
                                                                          +
                                                                          Rovers

edit - got on bray too
                                                                          Last edited by Bubbleking; 30-05-11, 15:49.

Comment

On the Swansea bray double 13/8 4/5 anyone else getting involved
                                                                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Was going to say thats the hard bit done swansea at 13/8,but not to sure if that was the hard bit now. Just aslong as my home town dont play above what they have been playing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                                                                On the Swansea bray double 13/8 4/5 anyone else getting involved
                                                                                Cant see bray winning this missing Jake Kelly. Dempsey Mulroy and Shields are doubts draw imo but gl

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post

Shels
                                                                                  Derry
                                                                                  UCD

Dunno why I typed UCD but it should be Bray btw.

Comment

tyvm thread.

Comment

That was thursday night, both won.

Comment

Thank u drogs for not performing again.

Comment

Had a lot of different stuff weighed up but Im going for 2 singles

Derry (-1)
                                                                                          +
                                                                                          Rovers

edit - got on bray too
                                                                                          Think I missed out on some value last night. Before I knew Bray were missing a couple of players it was pretty much 50/50 to take that bet or Derry - 2. I took bray because I didnt want a big outlay going on the one match but considering Bray were missing a couple it was def more +EV to take Derry -2.

Anyone go to the rovers game? was it any use? Sheppard is doing well this season. I didnt think he would settle in so quickly

Comment

Rovers game was televised. There were better team as expected. Game was over as a contest when Bohs lost a man, although if Fagan had of been match sharp they could have scraped an undeserved draw.
                                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                                                                              Thank u drogs for not performing again.
                                                                                              theyre just so bad its scary.

Themselves and Galway really do their best to make UCD look like a decent team
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

I agree 100% donal I have picked up dough in the last few months backing against drogs, Galway, and there is no sign of anything changing yet.

Comment

yeh the transfer market might do something for either of them two teams, but as is - they will just keep getting beaten. Really dont understand Cooks reasoning for going to Droghs and leave a promising Monaghan team.
                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Shels
                                                                                                    Derry
                                                                                                    Bray

Never in doubt

Comment

Salthill suck balls.

Went to Lims/Cork game thought they shaded it in chances Duggy missed a sitter for them but then we hit the post. Good game draw probably fair.

Comment

Froze my balls off in Limerick

What a kip.

Limerick had a go. More than they did at the Cross. Draw prob. a fair result.

Treble up so we had a few extra stops on the way home in celebration.

Comment

what do we make of limerick? my friend raves about O Flynn. Although with injury and attitude (?) he hasnt seem to clicked yet

Shels just keep racking up victories. Not putting in performances though but getting results. Running well? Or being professional and grinding results

Wexford seemed to find a performance at home. Not sure yet how bad they really are
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Shels are only in 2nd or 3rd gear imo. We have the potential walk away with this league but the squad need a kick up the arse for this happen. Hopefully AM is lining up a striker in the summer as Bermingham is not up to the challenge.

Comment

Shels will win the league.

Mons Cork and limerick will all be thereabouts for 2nd.

Limerick have a young lad called O'Leary in midfield he's been holding the middle on his own every game I've been to. He is 19 afaik but he has potential to be a very good player. Jeff judge is decent and Tracey is quality from set plays if he can stay fit. Pat Purcell is as strong as ever at centre half. But I hear his fellow centre half Brian O'Callaghan may never play again after the injury he got last night. The left full from Waterford J.Frost is very solid and Peter white is almost fit again at right full. Steve O'Flynn is really really good around the box but a last fucker otherwise. He's been out for a while now wit injury/suspension and Gary sheahan breaking his leg after scoring 6 in 4 games pre season didn't help. So it's a centre forward and another central midfielder we need to be really really competitive. Willie John Boland is signed but I'm not sure he's the answer to our midfielder shortage.

Rumour has it Denis behan is close to signing in July due to wanting to move home to newcastlewest. He would be a massive signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                what do we make of limerick? my friend raves about O Flynn. Although with injury and attitude (?) he hasnt seem to clicked yet

Shels just keep racking up victories. Not putting in performances though but getting results. Running well? Or being professional and grinding results

Wexford seemed to find a performance at home. Not sure yet how bad they really are
                                                                                                                Their strength is in defence.

Loads of experience with Ryan, Frost, O'Callaghan and Purcell.

Cummins barely got a sniff last night.

Raves about him or goes to raves with him???

A good player not a great player. A bit mad.

Comment

Shels are only in 2nd or 3rd gear imo. We have the potential walk away with this league but the squad need a kick up the arse for this happen.
                                                                                                                  You may be right.

I have my doubts.

Comment

Shels are only in 2nd or 3rd gear imo. We have the potential walk away with this league but the squad need a kick up the arse for this happen. Hopefully AM is lining up a striker in the summer as Bermingham is not up to the challenge.
                                                                                                                    He just needs to start picking the right players. Bermingham is absolute trash, but playing Casso in behind was working a treat, why change it? We're over budget and spending wrecklessly as it is most people seem to believe, I don't think a new signing is really needed.
                                                                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                      He just needs to start picking the right players. Bermingham is absolute trash, but playing Casso in behind was working a treat, why change it? We're over budget and spending wrecklessly as it is most people seem to believe, I don't think a new signing is really needed.
                                                                                                                      The overspending is an absolute disgrace, if we don't get promoted this year - the club is totally fucked. We need a new striker however incase Hughes gets injured and this can be achieved by offloading a couple of players.

Comment

Anyone see anything decent in FAI usually there's some value.

All I've seen so far is
                                                                                                                        Cork(1/4) away to Midleton
                                                                                                                        Limerick (3/10) away to Sacred Heart
                                                                                                                        Pats (2/9) away to Crumlin

Salthill home to Sheriff at 3/4 looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone see anything decent in FAI usually there's some value.

All I've seen so far is
                                                                                                                          Cork(1/4) away to Midleton
                                                                                                                          Limerick (3/10) away to Sacred Heart
                                                                                                                          Pats (2/9) away to Crumlin

Salthill home to Sheriff at 3/4 looks good.
                                                                                                                          I like that one myself. Shels were that price a couple of seasons ago when Crumlin defeated us and we had proper First Division fodder back then. Something dodgy about those games too IIRC.

Are Salthill really that far ahead of Sheriff? I'd only back them if I knew the Dublin lads weren't taking it seriously, i.e. piss up in Galway being more important.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X