Penalty for acting out of turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Penalty for acting out of turn

At the recent Royal4poker game in Portlaoise this happened. Player 3 folds his hand out of turn, player 4 also folds his hand because he saw player 3 folding. Floor is now called and both players receive a two hand penalty. Player 4 is hopping mad because he says he folded because player 3 folded before him. TD who was Luke Ivory ignores player 4's complaints saying he should be paying attention and still gives him a penalty. Any opinions? I personally thought the ruling was harsh on player 4.

As Luke said, Player 4 should have been following the action, and not another player. If might be harsh, but if that's the rule Luke has in place, then he was correct in handing out the penalty to both players

Comment

correct ruling
      this rule has been enforced more over the last year which i think is correct as it goes along with the rule that you cannot leave the table until its your turn and you have mucked your hand.......

Comment

Think it's very harsh on player 4 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Think it's very harsh on player 4 tbh.
          It's harsh, but it's not very harsh.

1 player folding out of turn is bad, 2 players gives off so much info to the players yet to act. You could make a case for giving Player 3 a two hand penalty and giving Player 4 a warning but a 2 hand penalty is fine if that's the rules in place.

Comment

I just think it's a natural reaction to the player to our right folding. People just lose interest in the hand when they look down and see 72o or some other muck, and the mind begins to wander or something else. I think your suggestion to give player 4 a warning might be the fairest verdict, and it would also warn the table about it happening in the future.

Comment

Not to mind the delay as players start getting over cautious and checking that everyone else and not just the guy immediately to their right has folded.

Comment

Working...
              X