Ruling please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruling please

Have to once and for all get the bottom line on this as its annoying me.

blinds 1000/2000

Player utg goes all in for say 3000. Action folds around to the button....he calls the 3000. BB then wonders if the button has to at least put in 4,000...as it would make it a min raise?
    NextStopWhoKnows

its a call.................3k

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post

blinds 1000/2000

Player utg goes all in for say 3000. Action folds around to the button....he calls the 3000. BB then wonders if the button has to at least put in 4,000...as it would make it a min raise?
      no he only has to match the all in amount.... bb still has the option to raise if he wants!

Comment

lol @ BB imo.

BTN can obv fold, call or raise as always, here the call costs 3K.

Comment

For some reason this used to trip me up aswell Call of 3k is fine and bb still has all his options

Comment

Yep, all the above are correct. Anyone argues with you Carlo, lay the smack down on them.

Comment

yeah I wasn't 100% on this as a few players seemed to think the button had to min raise. I always thought the call was fine. I just said the call stands and I'd find out the correct score on it. Thanks.
              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Yep, all the above are correct. Anyone argues with you Carlo, lay the smack down on them.
                lol!
                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  For some reason this used to trip me up aswell Call of 3k is fine and bb still has all his options
                  really man?

Comment

Originally posted by Maddogg View Post
                    really man?
                    Yes, off the top of my head (and it was a while ago) I think a player moved all in for barely over the bb and then another player called the bet. It just seemed odd to me at the time that he didnt have to min raise the the bb bet to enter the pot. I understand that is not the case now.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post

blinds 1000/2000

Just a quick query on this, if bb wants to min raise the utg shove, what amount can he raise it to? 4k, 5k, or 6k?

Comment

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                        Just a quick query on this, if bb wants to min raise the utg shove, what amount can he raise it to? 4k, 5k, or 6k?
                        The minraise in this case is 5k if you use the half bet rule as most places do.

The half bet rule is similar to the 50% rule but different all the same.
                        The half bet rule comes from limit games and states that if a player bet more than 50% of a correct bet amount, that bet now stands as a full bet.

The next player wishing to raise, raises to full bet size (unless of course they end up all-in for less of the full bet).

Using the half bet rule again...
                        If the UTG went all in for 2400 the next raise would be 4000 as 2400 isn't over half the correct min raise.

However some places (including UKIPT & EPT) don't use the half bet rule! They don't see the bet as anything other than a call if it's not a correct full bet. Meaning a player could go all-in for 3975 and the next person if they wanted to min raise could make it 4000.

I personally think this is a bad rule and have been trying to get PS's to change this one, but apparently this was one of the ruling that was discussed in lenght at the TDA summit this summer in Vegas and the crowd were 50-50 on it.

I've discussed this with alot of TD's since the summit and they all use the half bet rule.
                        €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                        Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                        €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                        CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

As usual, I think you've got it spot on JP.

BB option of minimum of 5k makes perfect sense. It's 3k to call/play, and the BB amount is the min on top.
                          Having it 4k min makes no sense to the game what so ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X