X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rule following act out of turn..

From the jp mini today

Two players left in hand.

River falls and action is on hero (who is performing little pause planning a nice size bluff )
    Then villain (button) throws out 1k (into 8k pot)...ruling

More interstingly imo......I asked the floor for a ruling and got told i cant be told the exact rule to prevent me from being able to auto check-raise or sumtin if i'm told the bet will have to stand or sum bs like this

so now i'm the 1 who's been agrieved to start with but somehow I'm further disadvantaged by not getting a clear ruling...seems odd...and the fact I had to try and coax info on the rule pretty much takes away any crediblity i now have to bluff. Kind annoyed me..(esp wen he had nuthin if action goes right i win instead "hav" to muck for 1 bloody k
    thoughts appreciated

im pretty sure the action is still on you so you can either bet or check here but the 1k still stands from him so if you check his 1k still stands and if you bet 5k and hefolds he still has to put that 1k into the pot...

im a little drunk at the min so i might be wrong...

Comment

I think you might be wrong pal if he raises ie action changes he can take back 1k but if he checks the 1k stands I think thats the ruling but open for correction cause im drunk too after thinking about this im too sure can someone sober help
      Last edited by AnyAce; 05-11-11, 06:06.

Comment

Rules JP is using is the following:

"Action out of turn will be binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call or fold does not change action. If action changes, the out of turn bet is not binding and is returned to the out of turn player who has all options including: calling, raising, or folding. An out-of-turn fold is binding.".

In your example, if you check, his 1k stands, action back to you call/raise/fold. If you bet any amount (even less than 1k), he gets to take his 1k back and action is to him call/raise/fold.
        Last edited by DonkeyPokerTour; 05-11-11, 15:50. Reason: To correct my mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyPokerTour View Post

"Action out of turn will be binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call or fold does not change action. If action changes, the out of turn bet is not binding and is returned to the out of turn player who has all options including: calling, raising, or folding. An out-of-turn fold is binding.".

In your example, if you check, his 1k stands, action back to you call/fold. If you bet any amount (even less than 1k), he gets to take his 1k back and action is to him call/raise/fold.
          Does this mean you can't c/raise his 1k?

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
            Does this mean you can't c/raise his 1k?
            Sorry my mistake, I've corrected above, you get full action back call/raise/fold! Apologies!

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
              From the jp mini today

Two players left in hand.

River falls and action is on hero (who is performing little pause planning a nice size bluff )
              Then villain (button) throws out 1k (into 8k pot)...ruling

More interstingly imo......I asked the floor for a ruling and got told i cant be told the exact rule to prevent me from being able to auto check-raise or sumtin if i'm told the bet will have to stand or sum bs like this

so now i'm the 1 who's been agrieved to start with but somehow I'm further disadvantaged by not getting a clear ruling...seems odd...and the fact I had to try and coax info on the rule pretty much takes away any crediblity i now have to bluff. Kind annoyed me..(esp wen he had nuthin if action goes right i win instead "hav" to muck for 1 bloody k
              thoughts appreciated
              Hi Kie Diddy,

Just seeing this now.

DonkeyPokerTour has already quoted my rule.

Issue is not the rule but not been told what the rule was. You should have been told what the rule was when you asked. I have spoken to all my floor guys so it won't happen again.

Very Sorry.
              Jp
              €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
              Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
              €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
              CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyPokerTour View Post

In your example, if you check, his 1k stands, action back to you call/raise/fold. If you bet any amount (even less than 1k), he gets to take his 1k back and action is to him call/raise/fold.
                That's the rule alright. I've always preferred the rule where if u act out of turn the chips have to stay in. There should be some penalty for acting out of turn. Have also seen it ruled that if u act out of turn you cannot raise if a bet comes in front. The most u can do is call the bet. Just think that allowing the player who acted out of turn to take money back if the action changes means there is no real penalty for doing it. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                  That's the rule alright. I've always preferred the rule where if u act out of turn the chips have to stay in. There should be some penalty for acting out of turn.
                  +1. The problem with the rule JP is using is it allows the person acting out of turn to benefit.
                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                    +1. The problem with the rule JP is using is it allows the person acting out of turn to benefit.
                    Wonder if JP could answer this from his perspective?

Comment

Working...
                    X