X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer Collusion?

Cash table on the turn,
    Player1 bets, gets raised & shoves.
    Player2 tanks, calls & places his cards on the felt with King of clubs face up,
    basically telling his opponent he's drawing to a flush.

River blanks & dealer turns to P1 waiting for him to show a hand.
    P1 takes his time & eventually reveals QJo with no pair.
    Dealer now turns to P2 & asks him to reveal his 2nd card.
    P2 says "it's alright, I'm beat", clearly hasn't realised his King high wins.
    Bemused dealer still doesn't kill his hand
    but pointedly asks him "do you want me to muck your cards?".
    Confused P2 pauses before reaching across & turning over his kicker.

My question here is whether the dealer has shown too much latitude to P2
    and should have mucked the winning hand after hearing "I'm beat"?

Probably not really relevent but the pot was biggish for €1/2 at €650+

Dealer is doing their job IMO. Where is the collusion you are talking about?? Def not collusion but maybe you feel it is unfair on player 1

Comment

I don't see anything wrong there other than the dealer should of told the player with King high that he has the winning hand and should turn both cards face up to claim the pot.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Wasn't sure what title would best describe the question tbh.
        Dealer was me btw.
        I just wondered how people might feel if they were P1,
        not happy to lose obviously, but would they feel cheated.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
          Wasn't sure what title would best describe the question tbh.
          Dealer was me btw.
          I just wondered how people might feel if they were P1,
          not happy to lose obviously, but would they feel cheated.
          You might get one spanner who would feel hard done by but I think generally people would be happy with the situation.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

You awarded the pot to the player with the best hand. 100% correct in with you did imo.

Comment

Odd one but you handled it well IMO.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Interesting situation, what should the dealer do if Player 2 had said "yeah i muck, i'm beat" when asked if he definitely wanted to muck?
                Last edited by mcnugget; 24-10-11, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                  Interesting situation, what should the dealer do if Player 1 had said "yeah i muck, i'm beat" when asked if he definitely wanted to muck?
                  Player 1 was beat ? So dont understand this question?

If player 1 mucked player 2 would win either way...

Comment

Sorry meant Player 2 - what should the dealer do if he declared his intention to muck even after being given the hint

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                      You awarded the pot to the player with the best hand. 100% correct in with you did imo.
                      Yeah this. It should take some incredible set of circumstances for the pot to not be awarded to the player with the best hand at showdown.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                        Interesting situation, what should the dealer do if Player 2 had said "yeah i muck, i'm beat" when asked if he definitely wanted to muck?
                        It wouldn't of made a difference what he said. Cards speak above all else. This rule is universal.
                        By tabling the king, he has the undoubtedly the best hand.
                        The dealer need not ask him anything and can just turn his other card over and award the pot.

DeeBrown, you handled it well. I know you were only being polite to all players asking him to turn it over and not saying "you win", but you prob made the situation worse for yourself. You knew he had the best hand, so there's nothing wrong with announcing that.
                        "King high wins, turn over your other card please"

Comment

Dealers can never kill a winning!!

K high was the best hand, if the dealer flipped over the players 2nd card this would have been 100% correct. There was no need to even ask this player if he wanted to muck ect.
                          €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                          Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                          €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                          CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                            It should take some incredible set of circumstances for the pot to not be awarded to the player with the best hand at showdown.
                            This is the golden rule, all other considerations should be secondary.

Comment

I was sitting in seat 3 when this all happened.

Both players genuine nice guys, no angle shooting.

Think this situation was more to do with fatigue and the late hour.

At the end of the day the cards speak for themselves, the King was ahead.

You probably should've said something along the lines

'Sir the King is enough to win the pot' I need to see both cards before you can claim the pot'

Do you wish to claim the pot?
                              Last edited by Mark Smyth; 25-10-11, 13:02.

Comment

Working...
                              X