Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker

Old 30-11-12, 03:37   #41
CHDog
Creative when bored

Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
Why shouldn't I? If I have a high disposable income can't I play whatever the I want? Not exactly high roller stuff @ $50 a pop I would have thought?

Have qualified for Irish Open, 2 UKIPT's and IWF online so have a bit of ability..
So what?

The question you are asking is that of someone grinding $5 games who thinks they will become a pro.

You can be worth millions and match the best players bankrolls, but it isn't about that. It is about matching their ability so what I meant by playing $50 games is you are playing out of your depth. I could be wrong, it was the middle of the night and I was commenting in a pointless thread due to boredom.

You might have qualified for all that but... how much have you lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbravado View Post
Zing. Solid response. Back in your box CHD

Welcome to the forum Kaiser.
Eh, not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8kedbean View Post
the purpose of a strategy forum is to be helpful and learn not to be a prick to someone who is likely new to the game ans is trying to improve,
STFU.

That is me being a prick.

I wasn't with my previous comment. Either was Caf. What are you on about?

Actually it doesn't matter.
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 11:16   #42
Kaiser

By that reasoning games like Celtic Poker Tour games @ 120 buy ins should be out of my depth?
I'm playing on and off online for about a year and a half.. Have no disillusions about EVER becoming a pro.. I have a good career and am doing alright for myself..
I enjoy the game of poker and see it as a passtime where potentially I may get lucky and run good sometimes..
I am the first to admit I am not making a steady income on poker and I am running at a loss, no doubt I am..
But, for me it's a HOBBY
Posting on here was never meant to start an avalanche of people telling me how inept at poker I am..
Thats my last post on this.
Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 14:09   #43
Caf

Quote:
By that reasoning games like Celtic Poker Tour games @ 120 buy ins should be out of my depth?
I'm playing on and off online for about a year and a half.. Have no disillusions about EVER becoming a pro.. I have a good career and am doing alright for myself..
I enjoy the game of poker and see it as a passtime where potentially I may get lucky and run good sometimes..
I am the first to admit I am not making a steady income on poker and I am running at a loss, no doubt I am..
But, for me it's a HOBBY
Posting on here was never meant to start an avalanche of people telling me how inept at poker I am..
Thats my last post on this.
Oh dear...

A CPT game wouldn't be near the standard of this one, more like a $5 or $10 online game.
It doesn't matter what you work at, how much money you have, or anything else, it's much better to shove or fold with a <20bb stack in this spot(SB v BB).
TBH, I genuinely thought you were taking the piss, I mean how could you not be? You flop the world and want to fold? Methinks Flushdraw is spot on, it's just a bad beat and you're focusing on the result way too much. You don't need to worry about it though, only that you're getting the most out of how you play, this entire hand is a preflop decision, so just stop concentrating on the post flop play...you shouldn't get there in the same away again if you've taken anything out of this thread.

As for your 'last post on this,' that's up to you. You'll pick up a lot here the more you post and definitely the perfect spot for someone playing as a hobby to improve their game, just grow a thicker skin. Nobody's insulted your family here, it's only a single hand of poker after all.
Caf is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 30-11-12, 14:21   #44
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Yore Mudder
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 14:22   #45
Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caf View Post
Oh dear...

A CPT game wouldn't be near the standard of this one, more like a $5 or $10 online game.
It doesn't matter what you work at, how much money you have, or anything else, it's much better to shove or fold with a <20bb stack in this spot(SB v BB).
TBH, I genuinely thought you were taking the piss, I mean how could you not be? You flop the world and want to fold? Methinks Flushdraw is spot on, it's just a bad beat and you're focusing on the result way too much. You don't need to worry about it though, only that you're getting the most out of how you play, this entire hand is a preflop decision, so just stop concentrating on the post flop play...you shouldn't get there in the same away again if you've taken anything out of this thread.

As for your 'last post on this,' that's up to you. You'll pick up a lot here the more you post and definitely the perfect spot for someone playing as a hobby to improve their game, just grow a thicker skin. Nobody's insulted your family here, it's only a single hand of poker after all.
I meant last post on this thread..
I never had any intention of folding.. Never could/would find a lay down there.. I just asked if anyone could.. I was so sick at the end of the hand
I do learn from the sections on here but just feel there could be less patronisation and looking down on others posts..
Cheers
Old 30-11-12, 15:57   #46
Arazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate88 View Post
Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life. Min raise folding pre would be fine vs certain opponents too.
Never a waste of time to see what goes on inside the heads of some sample size of your opponents IMO
Arazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 30-11-12, 16:32   #47
NewApproach

Pretty pathetic that this thread has ran to nearly 50 posts.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 15:22   #48
Winning!

OP, any reads on villain? Legit tough spot, it's probably a fold if he has aces tho, ul
Old 04-12-12, 20:07   #49
Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning! View Post
OP, any reads on villain? Legit tough spot, it's probably a fold if he has aces tho, ul
Smart man..
Glorified Gamblers on here,with vamped up opinions of themselves.. Putting down people who have a question that have the stupidness to think there are people with manners and normal social skills to answer in a mannerly fashion.. 90% of dickheads on here with these superiority complexes will end up in the gutter without a pot to piss in..
Enjoy your superiority on a forum like this because sure as hell you ain't functioning outside your cyber world

Not referring to Winning as in the 90% of the bracket of people with glorified opinions.. Have learnt a lot from the posts from said person but know that sarcasm is rife on here and beginners are not welcome.. Slan leat IPB

Last edited by Kaiser; 04-12-12 at 20:19.
Old 04-12-12, 20:23   #50
KK82

C'mon.. I gave a genuine opinion and you gave me a sarcastic response...
KK82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 20:28   #51
shano1888

Dude what did you expect/ want to hear? Nobody gets away from this ever.
shano1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-12, 20:30   #52
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone

Quote:
Smart man..
Glorified Gamblers on here,with vamped up opinions of themselves.. Putting down people who have a question that have the stupidness to think there are people with manners and normal social skills to answer in a mannerly fashion.. 90% of dickheads on here with these superiority complexes will end up in the gutter without a pot to piss in..
Enjoy your superiority on a forum like this because sure as hell you ain't functioning outside your cyber world

Not referring to Winning as in the 90% of the bracket of people with glorified opinions.. Have learnt a lot from the posts from said person but know that sarcasm is rife on here and beginners are not welcome.. Slan leat IPB
I like the cut of your gib young man . Dont be so hasty to leave , you might actually enjoy it here . Will buy you a pint if ever we meet .
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 05-12-12, 09:47   #53
Fiend

I'm folding here mate. Yea we have a nice hand but, lets be honest, its not the absolute meganuts and villain can still have us beat here. Just let it go. We will have 8.5BB left so still plenty left to make a few moves.

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Tournament Poker