A raise or a call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A raise or a call?

I'd just like a correct ruling on this situation. Blinds 75/150, btn raises to 425, bb says nothing and puts out a 1000 chip + a 25 chip, dealer declares raise to 1025, and then bb argues that he was just calling and was putting out extra 25 chip to make it handy for change. Correct ruling?

Raise

Multiple chips + no verbal declaration = amount of chips plays
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Should be counted as a raise IMO, he needs to declare that his is just making it easier to get change from the pot. This seems like an epic spot to angle shoot with AA/KK, must try it some time
      They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
      Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

100% a raise but it happens all the time. Often the dealer will ask "Call?" and the player responds yes and it goes as a call. It's most definitely a raise but it's one of those spots where the player tries to be helpful but just ends up making things more difficult than they need to be.
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
          Should be counted as a raise IMO, he needs to declare that his is just making it easier to get change from the pot. This seems like an epic spot to angle shoot with AA/KK, must try it some time
          I see a lot of players doing it, but I don't think any of them were doing it as an angle shoot in fairness. They were just trying to make it easier on the dealer for change, but rules are rules. In fairness to the dealer he was apologetic to the player when explaining the rule.

Comment

It's a raise, they aren't making it handier and doint it liek that takes more time and slows the action.

Comment

If he didnt sayd anything its a raise. one chip is a call even if hes sits quet.

Comment

Working...
              X