one card show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one card show

ok was playing a pub game last week (we all know what these games are like) and it gets folded to me on button i raise with 55 and get called by bb.. i fire every street of a AQ3K9 board and the old guy in bb calls me down i turn over my hand knowing im beat but want to see his cards at least and he flashes a Q at me throws his cards in the muck and drags in the pot... what should i do here?? its a self dealt game and u know pub games everyone generally knows everyone and its not a very serious game but should i have at least said something???

Don't fire every street on a board like that with 55

Comment

in a friendly game like that you prob say nothing. he's shown that he won and looking for anything more is too much in the books of a lot of aul lads in pub games. you don't want to rile them up as you should soon be taking all their money.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
        Don't fire every street on a board like that with 55
        yes fair point but i thought i could get him off a weak ace never mind a Q lol

Comment

How much did you raise pre?

Yes the correct rule is the winner must show two cards, not only declare his hand.
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            How much did you raise pre?

Yes the correct rule is the winner must show two cards, not only declare his hand.
            blinds 100/200 i made it 500 on the button...

yeah i know the rule is you must show 2 cards was just wondering if i should have said something didnt think it was worth saying anything in this sort of game but maybe i could have given a slight hint to him that 2 cards must be shown to win the pot!

Comment

Meh, depends on how drunk the table are tbh, and if the old guy is ever likely to want to improve his game.

I'd have let him know the rule in a non condescending manner.

One of my pet hates when i started playing pub games was lads dealing out the entire board face down, all pre flop, (hmm this sounds confusing), and then getting up and going to the bar.
              I always felt people were more likely to call me down for some reason, cos the cards were already laid out.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by gillespie101 View Post
                yes fair point but i thought i could get him off a weak ace never mind a Q lol
                why did you think that?

your right, hes wrong, but in the pub "dont be a bollix" rules apply.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                  why did you think that?

your right, hes wrong, but in the pub "dont be a bollix" rules apply.
                  I think the 'never bluff a fish rule' should be enforced here too!
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                    I think the 'never bluff a fish rule' should be enforced here too!
                    yes another lesson learnt

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                      but in the pub "dont be a bollix" rules apply.
                      Not sure where that "rule" is in the book
                      but it should be printed in ARIAL BLACK script
                      below the Be nice to the fish one, it keeps 'em comin' back.

Comment

Working...
                      X