Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chips missing on return from break

Hi,

Wanted to get opinions on what you think should be the ruling here.

Player returns from break and says that chips are missing from his stack. Player says that roughly 20k is missing.

Player had gone in for ~41k last hand before the break. this was not called and player picked up the blinds and antes. Player returns to ~41k stack after missing 3 hands.(antes removed means he should be down 3k)

A chip race was also done during the break although the TD says there was no extra chips removed from play. The dealer was the only person to remain at the table for the chip race and the chips could have been transferred into the big stack and not exchanged as they should have been.

Ruling?

I have an irrational hatred for anyone touching my stack when i'm not at the table. I prefer to stay while any chip races are done and i always stack my chips a way i know exactly what i have and put odd chips to the front if i'm not able to stay here or if i'm going on a break.

Comment

He has close to the correct amount of chips no? How can there be 20K missing if he has what he is supposed to have? If this is the case then explain about the hand where he shipped for 40K and say there's nothing else you can do.

Otherwise, if you were sure there was T$ missing, then I'd give him 20K straight away! And hope and pray that he doesn't cause a row. Then think about whether he took or the dealer took it or whatever could've happened. Major stewards enquiry!
      Last edited by curleywurley; 18-09-11, 18:23.

Comment

Obviously they should give the 20k, but then people will start taking advantage of that and pretend they're missing 10k here, 5k here etc.

If he went all in for 41k and came back to 41k then how is 20k missing, he's obv telling fibs if I'm reading it correctly
        Last edited by Crow; 18-09-11, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
          Obviously they should give the 20k, but then people will start taking advantage of that and pretend they're missing 10k here, 5k here etc.

If he went all in for 41k and came back to 41k then how is 20k missing, he's obv telling fibs if I'm reading it correctly
          Blinds were 5k-10k 1k ante. so about 22-23k in the middle when he won the lastpot. 2 other players were also able to verify the all in amount before he dragged the last pot before the break.

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
            He has close to the correct amount of chips no? How can there be 20K missing if he has what he is supposed to have?
            Originally posted by Crow View Post
            Ante is 1K so blinds could be 4K/8K or 5K/10K hence his stack would be up to 60K if he won previous hand uncontested.

Comment

Considering that 3 hands have passed since it has been noticed I really dont see how he can or should be given any chips back (even if it could be established where they wnet)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                Considering that 3 hands have passed since it has been noticed I really dont see how he can or should be given any chips back (even if it could be established where they wnet)
                he returned back 3 hands late and noticed it immediatly

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                  he returned back 3 hands late and noticed it immediatly
                  Yeah but 3 hands have passed in general play. I assume if he came back at end of break and said it immediately a chip count could have been done or chip stacks checked but anything could have happened in 3 hands to change dynamics of other stack sizes. I think nothing can be done now

Comment

3 hands = 10 minutes at least. Muppet doesnt deserve the chips

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      I have an irrational hatred for anyone touching my stack when i'm not at the table. I prefer to stay while any chip races are done and i always stack my chips a way i know exactly what i have and put odd chips to the front if i'm not able to stay here or if i'm going on a break.
                      Same tilts me beyond belief.

Comment

similar thing happened at the irish open, short break while tables were broke and andy black was moved from the feature table and he went off for a quick break and when he returned he noticed there were chips missing from his stack not sure of amount but he was pretty short stack at the time so he was kicking up a bit of a fuss... they had to go back over the footage from the feature table to see his stack and right enough he was missing the chips he said he was missing and he was giving the chips!

Comment

I was at a fitz final table and the lads were shipping up they were not so experienced and were doing ita rse ways they had short changed me by 25k by accident now i always write down what my chips are on a sheet of paper gonna do the same for cash games.

Comment

Working...
                          X