Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackburn at home W 6 D4 L2 - Hull away W0 D4 L8

Blackburn are the Jekyl and Hyde team of the Premier League this year. At home they have been really good picking up 22 of their 28 league points in games at Ewood Park. Their two losses were in their first home game to Manchester City and Tottenham in December and they actually played very well in both those games. They've a horredous -18 goal difference but at home they are +5. Hull have scored 7 and shipped 30 goals on their travels this season.

I'll start a 100 point bank here too.

8 points win Blackburn @ 1.96
    1 point Niko Kalinic first goalscorer @ 6.6
    1 point Morten Gamst Pedersen first goalscorer @ 11.5

I must add that I'm a Rovers fan, but I rarely back them.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Hibs, Dundee Utd, Rangers & East Stirling pays 9/2 tonight - looks good.
      Looks ok.

Ive reinvested some winnings, hopefully can collect some more tomorrow!!!

Line 1:

5pts win--6 results

Schalke away ----- 1/3
      Celtic home --------4/11
      Dundee Utd home --1/2
      Hibs home ----------8/11
      east stirling home --4/11

pays 8.65/1 for all correct.

Line 2

2.5pts win--4 results

Arsenal win -----1/1
      Man utd win ----10/11
      Blackburn win ---4/5
      Chelsea win -----4/6

Pays 10.4/1 for all correct.

Line 3

2.5pts win---4 aways

Spurs win-------5/6
      Kilmarnock win--7/4
      Inter Milan-------5/6
      Seville------------6/4

Pays 22/1 for all correct.

Point of interest
      I backed out of having a 10pt double on Milan and seville.
      Milan are flying on top of the table (won 5 of their last 6), while Parma seem to be in trouble. They have taken just 1 point from their last 18, and are missing 5 of their star players through suspensions and injury, including Crespo, Zenoni, Paci and Pannuci.
      as for the Seville game, well thats a Copa del ray game (semi final). and Seville lead 2-0 from the 1st leg. They are excellent on the counter attack, and they should get plenty of breaks with Getafe having to go gung ho to claw back a 2-0 deficit.

Comment

Just discovered this forum. Literally nothing sweeter that having the nice bet and settling in to recieve the pain.

I expect Spurs(if they cant beat Wolves Im LITERALLY never indulging them again-serial Sodomisers) and BHam to bottle it this evening crushing my dreams in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
          I backed out of having a 10pt double on Milan and seville.
          Yeah, I looked at Sevilla but by god they love to disappoint don't they? Will usually back them when they're massive dogs in a match but tend to steer clear if they're favourites (unless it's Rangers they're playing).
          Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Will lay Robbie keane to score anytime tonight in his home debut at 4/5 . let me know that amount, will accept all.
            GAA News Website

Comment

will also lay 3's on robbie first goal
              GAA News Website

Comment

pool
                brimingham
                everton
                small bet, 3 doubles and a treble

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                  Will lay Robbie keane to score anytime tonight in his home debut at 4/5 . let me know that amount, will accept all.
                  Fuck it anyway. I know your reasoning behind the lay but have to bite.

In dollars so, I'll have $100 on this.

I assume, like standard markets, that all bets are off if he plays no part in the match? If so consider me booked.

Comment

I don't like Chelsea tonight at Everton.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by lee_arama View Post
                      Fuck it anyway. I know your reasoning behind the lay but have to bite.

In dollars so, I'll have $100 on this.

I assume, like standard markets, that all bets are off if he plays no part in the match? If so consider me booked.

yeh your on. booked. And if he doesnt feature then void
                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        Still want to lay Birmingham. I had offered 23/10 but I'll go out to 12/5 for anywhere up to €225.
                        Just quote this and name your amount up to €225 any time up to kick off to book.Actually I'll go 5/2.

Gotta head out now.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Just quote this and name your amount up to €225 any time up to kick off to book.Actually I'll go 5/2.

Gotta head out now.
                          Might take some Tommy, but as with last nights bet i wont be at the computer till tomorrow evening to settle, does that suit

Comment

Why cant you do a double in the anytime booking market on PPower?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                              Yeah I've backed them draw-no-bet, I think Everton are on the up and this is the kind of game where Chelsea can drop points. I really should get a betfair account, this is silly.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Gotta head out now.
                                Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                Might take some Tommy, but as with last nights bet i wont be at the computer till tomorrow evening to settle, does that suit
                                Ill assume that its ok TG and ill $100 dollars on Birmingham at 5/2

Comment

Like previous, ill only be at a computer again tomorrow evening to settle if this suits then ill have $100 on this. If you dont confirm by kick off ill assume no bet

Edit match kicked off, bet cancelled
                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 10-02-10, 19:46.

Comment

West Ham with the attackingest attacking lineup they've had all season/

Just surprised Noble is on the bench, but with Parker back I guess Zola wants Diamond Diamante on the wing.

Cole and Mido up front; I do believe Birmingham are in for a torrid time.

Comment

West Ham with the attackingest attacking lineup they've had all season/

Just surprised Noble is on the bench, but with Parker back I guess Zola wants Diamond Diamante on the wing.

Cole and Mido up front; I do believe Birmingham are in for a torrid time.
                                      Thanks for the info, Birmingham score most of their goals on the break, they have serious pace in their team. I'll back them now.

Comment

Good job you cancelled that bet Howard imo.

keane is one of the worst players out there. Celtic are also in bits and ill have a bet that they wont even finish in the top 2 this season. Anyone want to come up with odds and lay me?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                          Bet them? You could have had a juicey 5/1 in some places

Comment

No, I didn't like the game at all, I just felt that any of the three results were likely.

Only bets I had were the ones on Blackburn in the end. Was gonna back Birmingham after what I read here but checked the team out and McFadden, Larsson and Benitez were all missing so didn't like it.

Comment

good word on bburn eagle - was my biggest bet last night. drifted out to evens - thanks
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                Like previous, ill only be at a computer again tomorrow evening to settle if this suits then ill have $100 on this. If you dont confirm by kick off ill assume no bet

Edit match kicked off, bet cancelled
                                                people cant be at their computers the whole time previous to bets,

just quote to book.
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

I want to lay Racing Santander tonight.

Odds of 2.20 generally, so let's say my €60 to your €50?

9pm start so quote to book. Ta.
                                                  Last edited by lee_arama; 11-02-10, 19:01.

Comment

I want to lay Racing Santander tonight.

Odds of 2.20 generally, so let's say my €60 to your €50?

9pm start so quote to book. Ta.
                                                    Ill go my 50 to your 75 if you want or 100$$ to 150$$. otherwise leave it no probs, agree madrid are a decent bet

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                      Ill go my 50 to your 75 if you want or 100$$ to 150$$. otherwise leave it no probs, agree madrid are a decent bet
                                                      decent game so far. exciting stuff. could end up 4-4 yet.

Comment

as i changed particulars of the bet, and you didnt pm or quote have to presume bet isnt on. let me know if im missing something here, but think i dodged a bullet

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                          as i changed particulars of the bet, and you didnt pm or quote have to presume bet isnt on. let me know if im missing something here, but think i dodged a bullet
                                                          yeah, I thanked the post but was rushing so never replied. Guess we'll call it bullet dodged so.

And redodged I guess. Oh well. I'll be posting more bets up later so you'll have another chance to wreck my weekend.
                                                          Last edited by lee_arama; 11-02-10, 22:46.

Comment

well re-dodged. Also, only takes 1 sec to quick reply and type booked. in future
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

well re-dodged. Also, only takes 1 sec to quick reply and type booked. in future
                                                              Absolutely correct SB. Well, no harm, done, and everyone's a winner. Outstanding finish from Santander.

Comment

You have your chance there on the Basketball thread if ya want Petey

Comment

Football bets (in euro) for the weekend. Looking these layed by someone

My 100 to your 350

Middlesboro
                                                                  Millwall
                                                                  Yeovil

(F.A. Cup) My 100 to your 300

Aston Villa
                                                                  Fulham
                                                                  Man City
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 12-02-10, 01:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post

My 100 to your 375

Middlesboro
                                                                    Millwall
                                                                    Yeovil

(F.A. Cup) My 100 to your 315

Aston Villa
                                                                    Fulham
                                                                    Man City
                                                                    gl getting these laid. These are all betfair prices yeh? if you did the treble with a bookie you wouldnt get anywere near as much
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

gl getting these laid. These are all betfair prices yeh? if you did the treble with a bookie you wouldnt get anywere near as much
                                                                      Actually all taken from A.mclean bookmakers which is a nationwide shop. Can't see paddys or boyles being much different tbh.

Comment

Edited my post actually. I miss calculated but not by much.

Comment

My 100 to your 350

Middlesboro
                                                                          Millwall
                                                                          Yeovil

(F.A. Cup) My 100 to your 300

Aston Villa
                                                                          Fulham
                                                                          Man City
                                                                          I'll take the two of these as well.

Should be a good weekends gambling!

Comment

I'll take the two of these as well.

Should be a good weekends gambling!
                                                                            Cheers

Booked

Comment

Two accums for the W/E

City, Chelsea, Fulham,

&

City, Chelsea, Fulham, Villa, Tottenham

Not a huge fan of FA cup betting, but want something I follow.
                                                                              Sunday matches will be during monday's work day, hope to ease the hangover

Comment

Was just inside Ladbrokes there and spotted 16-1 on Cardiff. Whatever you might think about their chances I couldn't pass it up and emptied all the change in my pocket onto the counter.

Comment

Friday Footie Lays

1. I want to lay AC Milan @ 1.65 (Your €77 to my €50)

2. I want to lay Burton @ 2.25 (Your €40 to my €50)

3. Ditto for Northampton @ 1.90 (Your €55 to my €50)

Quote to book.

Comment

1. I want to lay AC Milan @ 1.65 (Your €77 to my €50
                                                                                    Booked.

Generous odds by the way!
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 12-02-10, 19:06.

Comment

Booked.

Generous odds by the way!
                                                                                      Finally won a bet against lee

Im not that desperate for the cash so can leave it until after the weekend or if you put up some other bets i might just use it for that.

Comment

3-2... And Udinese had whooped AC twice this season too.

Also not so generous given they were roughly that price elsewhere.

Just furious noone took my League Two lays, with Burton, well doing a Burton on it.

Currently in a kiddie play warehouse in North Cork availing of their wi-fi...

And yeah, I'm sure we can find a bet to let it ride on later in the weekend.

Comment

3-2... And Udinese had whooped AC twice this season too.

Also not so generous given they were roughly that price elsewhere.

Just furious noone took my League Two lays, with Burton, well doing a Burton on it.

Currently in a kiddie play warehouse in North Cork availing of their wi-fi...

And yeah, I'm sure we can find a bet to let it ride on later in the weekend.
                                                                                          Yeh i assume noone saw them or else im sure somone would have. I have a website where i do all my football checks on form and team news etc. I was tempted at the Northampton won as they are unbeaten in 11 games but i said to myself it has to come to an end eventually and aldershot, altho they have a bad away record, are a decent team.

Looking at burtons previous matches im still not quite sure why i didnt bet them aswell. Dont know how you picked them 3 mate but on paper they all looked solid wins so nice laying. I just fancied Ac Milan big time as they are fighting for 2nd place more or less.

Comment

Anyone fancy laying me Sheff Utd @ 1.80?

I want anywhere up to €80 on them.

Quote, and list money, to book etc etc. KO @ 3pm.

Lucky to be online at all now - daughter poured fanta all over the table. No idea how none of it ended up in the laptop.

Comment

Anyone fancy laying me Sheff Utd @ 1.80?.
                                                                                              Im not as i think they will win but just wanted to say could you list what odds they are in future bets the same way as a bookie would.

Ive never really ventured into betfair so have no idea what 1.80 means

Comment

Forrest - 5pts 2.4
                                                                                                Norwich - 10 pts 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                  Forrest - 5pts 2.4
                                                                                                  Norwich - 10 pts 1.9

Nice 1 with Norwich, but looks like an off day for Forrest.

Comment

My 100 to your 350

Middlesboro
                                                                                                    Millwall
                                                                                                    Yeovil
                                                                                                    Fcuk you Yeovil

Comment

Picked an 8 timer last night
                                                                                                      told myself kop on
                                                                                                      boiled it down to a 4 timer

waiting on Montpellier tonight for a 6/1 quad

of course the first team i dropped from the 8 lost
                                                                                                      other 6 won
                                                                                                      wouldda couldda shouldda

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                        Nice 1 with Norwich, but looks like an off day for Forrest.
                                                                                                        Yeah Connie will have to drop Forrest off the shortlist as they have been dire in the last few matches.

Comment

75 points

5 pts on Villa @ 1.83
                                                                                                          5 pts on Inter @ 2.37

And i have done the following in a treble
                                                                                                          Villa
                                                                                                          Spurs
                                                                                                          England -14
                                                                                                          1 pt @ 9.9

New bank 64 points

Comment

Anyone wanna lay me evens on Villa vs Palace? My €100 to yours.

Comment

Anyone wanna lay me evens on Villa vs Palace? My €100 to yours.
                                                                                                              Ambitious
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                Ambitious
                                                                                                                They're 1.97 on betfair. I don't think asking for evens is ambitious.
                                                                                                                Last edited by TommyGunne; 14-02-10, 15:39.

Comment

Their 1.97 on betfair. I don't think asking for evens is ambitious.
                                                                                                                  Ah didn't check betfair, they where 5/6 on a few sites!
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This weeks Champs Leagues games:

Tue- Milan v Man U
                                                                                                                    Tue- Lyon v R Madrid
                                                                                                                    Wed- Bayern v Fiorentina
                                                                                                                    Wed- Porto v Arsenal

Any opinions, 1st glance I think Ill be taking Arsenal on....

Comment

Originally posted by ShipIt View Post
                                                                                                                      This weeks Champs Leagues games:

Tue- Milan v Man U
                                                                                                                      Tue- Lyon v R Madrid
                                                                                                                      Wed- Bayern v Fiorentina
                                                                                                                      Wed- Porto v Arsenal

Any opinions, 1st glance I think Ill be taking Arsenal on....
                                                                                                                      I wouldn't give Milan a cat in hells chance over the two legs. Don't think I'll be backing heavy on either leg but just Man u to advance on agg. If united put any sort of pressure on them which they obv will they'll crumble as they've done all season against teams that have pressed them. I expect fergie to play a midfield with fletcher, park and Anderson in the San Siro giving Pirlo and Ronaldinho no space to create anything of substance.

Cliff notes: United to progress very easily.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                        I wouldn't give Milan a cat in hells chance over the two legs. Don't think I'll be backing heavy on either leg but just Man u to advance on agg. If united put any sort of pressure on them which they obv will they'll crumble as they've done all season against teams that have pressed them. I expect fergie to play a midfield with fletcher, park and Anderson in the San Siro giving Pirlo and Ronaldinho no space to create anything of substance.

Cliff notes: United to progress very easily.
                                                                                                                        Anderson didn't travel, neither did Vidic.

Comment

Originally posted by funnyname View Post
                                                                                                                          Anderson didn't travel, neither did Vidic.
                                                                                                                          Milan don't stand a chance. Not if 'own goal' is on form for united.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X