Android data usage isssue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android data usage isssue

I'm having an issue on the S3 where Gallery is uploading photos, the problem is that I can't figure out where it is sending them to or how to stop it

I do allow all pics to go up to Google+ but I have that restricted to WiFi only and it seems to be working correctly. I can't find any relevant settings in the Gallery App to control uploading and I can't think where they are going.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
    Turning millions into thousands

Check in the account sync settings. Under settings>accounts>google>your email address>photo sync.

I don't know if that's separate from the google+ sync as I don't use g+, but worth checking. Those settings are from a galaxy nexus but should be the same I think for the GS3.

Comment

Are you using dropbox?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Check in the account sync settings. Under settings>accounts>google>your email address>photo sync.

I don't know if that's separate from the google+ sync as I don't use g+, but worth checking. Those settings are from a galaxy nexus but should be the same I think for the GS3.
        Doh!

Sync Google photos and Picassa Web Albums were both selected under that, looks like I may have been downloading updates I've made elsewhere to the phone, doesn't seem to have the granularity to seperate them into wifi and mobile.

Hopefully that will sort it
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Are you using dropbox?
          Yea, sorry, I meant to put in the op that I have dropbox photo sharing turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Yea, sorry, I meant to put in the op that I have dropbox photo sharing turned off.
            I love the way my pics automatically sync to my PC Dropbox. So handy!
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
            X