Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2019 - 2
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old Today, 22:05   #50461
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Tesco would be butchering/bulk packaging the stuff you pick off the shelves at a range of c.0.22 to 0.28 per KG for beef, lamb surely in the same range if not cheaper I'd have thought, like 4 - 5 for butchering lamb in bulk seems pretty pricey.
I heard someone on the radio, probably a farmer putting on on beal beocht, claiming that there was just 17 profit in rearing a lamb from conception to slaughter. Hard to see how that could be worthwhile for all the work involved
Old Today, 22:08   #50462
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western_Sean View Post
Butchering cost alone is 4-5 a kg here @8 a kg there's not a cent for the farmer. People have such little value for the skills and talents of farming in this country....its grim.
I try to buy from my butcher as often as possible for fresh beef, lamb and pork. Its much better quality anyway so worth the bit extra like I said. If I was throwing a lasagne together or something I'd probably just pick up something in tesco.

Added lovely touch of the butcher throwing in a few bones for the dogs every now and then too so keep going back to him.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:12   #50463
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
I heard someone on the radio, probably a farmer putting on on beal beocht, claiming that there was just 17 profit in rearing a lamb from conception to slaughter. Hard to see how that could be worthwhile for all the work involved
Last Saturday morning on RTE 1 Countrywide. The poor farmers.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:17   #50464
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Last Saturday morning on RTE 1 Countrywide. The poor farmers.
Poor farmers me bollix.

Poor bookies. How can they possibly compete with the wonders of the IPB Aintree 2019 Tipping Competition.
Old Today, 22:28   #50465
Lao Lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Reminds me of the Cavan tyre importer who once told me he only made 1 per tyre profit when they retailed for 95 plus
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:39   #50466
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
Reminds me of the Cavan tyre importer who once told me he only made 1 per tyre profit when they retailed for 95 plus
In the eighties I was turning over a million quids worth of white goods at a gross margin of 2.5% , VAT was 35%
The plan was to turn over another million at c.33% it worked great until is didn't and then it went horribly wrong. Crazy times
Old Today, 22:44   #50467
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Poor farmers me bollix.

Poor bookies. How can they possibly compete with the wonders of the IPB Aintree 2019 Tipping Competition.
That sounds like a fantastic idea, and I've just transferred cash for what seems like a great opportunity for everyone else to take this cash.

The bonus of the racegoers starving in a post-brexit wasteland and cracking each others heads open to feast on the goo within, can only add to the spectacle.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 22:50   #50468
eamonhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyHiFi View Post
Unlike days of yore where print music journalists usually had the privilege of naming genres (rightly or wrongly) and at best you'd get a new one every few weeks usually it's now left to Spotify and they need a never-ending stream of names for playlist-style 'genres' and don't really care about what people think if they recycle the same names over and over again.

The Blaze sound to me like a cross between Faithless and Sophie Elis Bextor. Surely this sound is just mainstream pop these days? Its fairly bland if inoffensive stuff. Good videos mind you and the producers seem like decent guys.

It's no Kraftwerk though (or Drexciya or Egyptian Lover or Carl Finlow or Decal).
There's not much worse than hearing two hipsters arguing over which house sub genre is playing at a gig
Old Today, 22:52   #50469
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Donald Trump Jr writes for The Telegraph. It's everything you would expect.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 23:24   #50470
Trippie

Taking concert experience to new highs with Darude's sandstorm, a plane fireworks and shooting lazers at the crowd
Trippie is online now   Reply With Quote

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker