Poker setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker setup

What kind of set up to use guys use at the moment i multitable a lot on a normal 15.4" laptop an am thinking bout upgrading to one 24" monitor widescreen then just using the laptop for the lobby and so on.

any ideas on good places to pick up a nice cheap widescreen monitor

I also just use a laptop at the moment but i want to get something like this, its what the gavonater pwns souls on.

i think those monitors are 300 each, let me know if you want more info bought where to get them etc

Comment

I moved/changed my poker setup at the start of the year as i reduced the number of tables i am playing. Now just use dualview, 24 inch monitor for potting and laptop for browsing. Setup seems to be working well for me so far this year

Comment

liken ur set up jackie. clean tidy minimal.

best of luck.
        http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Cheers guys i seen a 20" wisescreen on dell today so may pick one of them up hopefully this $16sng downswing turns into an upswing soon to pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by ashkore11 View Post
            What kind of set up to use guys use at the moment i multitable a lot on a normal 15.4" laptop an am thinking bout upgrading to one 24" monitor widescreen then just using the laptop for the lobby and so on.

any ideas on good places to pick up a nice cheap widescreen monitor
            there you go not to sure what its like price wise but for €228 delivered to your door i would say it sounds about right

just took a look in pixmania some good 24" screens in here from €155 up its usually about €15 for delivery

Last edited by 6starpool; 26-03-14, 10:52. Reason: add pixmania search

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ashkore11 View Post
              Cheers guys i seen a 20" wisescreen on dell today so may pick one of them up hopefully this $16sng downswing turns into an upswing soon to pay for it
              i bought a 23 or a 24 inch in currys in the square tallaght at christmas. it cost me 180. now im not sure if it was a sale or not. it was just my pressie to me.

it was an 80000/1 sumtin or another. fuked i know but ur man said it was ok for what i wanted.

packard bell have a look before u spend 300
              http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                there you go not to sure what its like price wise but for €228 delivered to your door i would say it sounds about right

just took a look in pixmania some good 24" screens in here from €155 up its usually about €15 for delivery

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/rf/moni...__1899?u=20_10
                I got the dell screen posted above recently, it's very good. Have it hooked up to my laptop, and have the poker on the dell screen and internet/HEM/music on the laptop. Works well. Can't recommend the Dell screen enough. I did get it for cheaper though, €182 I think, so if you ring them up usually you can haggle with them pretty easily.

Avoid Pixmania like the plague. Seriously.
                Last edited by 6starpool; 26-03-14, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

Avoid Pixmania like the plague. Seriously.
                  did they shaft you??

i bought a few things of them and so did the brother we never had any problems

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                    did they shaft you??

i bought a few things of them and so did the brother we never had any problems
                    I bought a monitor off them, but they sent the wrong one so I asked for a refund, In the meantime I got the monitor from Dell. They agreed to pick the one up from me and issue a refund, that was 3 weeks ago. I phoned them today actually and he said he will 'fasttrack' it through. Rubbish Id say. I even got the email address for their European Resolution person, and she has ignored all bar the first email I sent.

From reading up a little online, there grand if you get something and its fine, but their aftersales/customer care is just horrific.

Comment

Jackyback, are you sponsored by Pokerstars? I love the little ads!

Also, please tell me you don't practise chip tricks while playing online?

Nice desk though!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                        Jackyback, are you sponsored by Pokerstars? I love the little ads!

Also, please tell me you don't practise chip tricks while playing online?

Nice desk though!
                        Lol no i actually rarely play on Stars as i hate it. I actually riffle the chips whilst playing i find it relaxing for some reason.

Comment

mm messy
                          Last edited by BrianByrne; 24-02-10, 22:53.
                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

on a better day.

Sorry for quality, ignore the stamp thing,

19" widescreen, can handle about 8 tables.
                            desktop is broken so currently using the laptop and monitor.
                            Last edited by BrianByrne; 24-02-10, 22:55.
                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

on a better day.

Sorry for quality, ignore the stamp thing,

19" widescreen, can handle about 8 tables.
                              desktop is broken so currently using the laptop and monitor.
                              The hair straightner, when you get bored you like to straighten ?
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

aha! not when bored, when going out

im a modern man!

inb4 "FAG"
                                Last edited by BrianByrne; 24-02-10, 23:33.
                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Fran, do have to turn the light on and off ten times before you leave the room??

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                    Fran, do have to turn the light on and off ten times before you leave the room??
                                    It is late Mr Kitt i dont know what you mean i will take a stab at the lovely bright colour scheme.

Comment

I think its a superstitious joke with the lucky hat and chips.

Comment

I actually think he was referring to how freakishly neat everything was.

Compulsive disorders FTW

Comment

I like to keep it simple. Not a grinder but play a fair bit.
                                          Also, not normally on that skin anymore but this photo is from a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                            Lol no i actually rarely play on Stars as i hate it. I actually riffle the chips whilst playing i find it relaxing for some reason.
                                            I do this too. just have the chips lying there, makes sense to play with them

Comment

This is mine:

Comment

^^How big is that monitor NA? Looks v nice.

Posted on the old site...this be mine...

Ya gots to be havin some chips to mess about with imo. They're like an extension of my left hand when puntin

I don't think you need to buy Dell when you can get cheaper monitors that do the same shit and come with guarantees. The one on the right is Acer and I've had it for years(ty 50nl laddies) and the other is a HD LG(think it's the same aas gavonater's in the 1st reply). LG have a great product and are much cheaper than Dell. Dell are also a pack of w**kers imo but that's just from personal experience. Tiz also worth investing in some decent speakers if ya like grindin to tunes.
                                                It's all an illusion

Comment

Do you wear the hat when playing fran ?

Comment

Here is mine. Been pretty happy with it since i got it last year. Still nice to have even though i have started playing 4 tables rather than the 10-12 i used to.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                      Do you wear the hat when playing fran ?
                                                      No just the shades

Comment

Imagine a bog standard 15.4 inch laptop.

One that doesn't hold any charge, and you have to leave the power adaptor plugged in.

Silver, with go faster stripes.

Imagine a pair of legs, a "lap" if you will, and the laptop resting on them.

You have, what I call, "The Setup"

Comment

Imagine a bog standard 15.4 inch laptop.

One that doesn't hold any charge, and you have to leave the power adaptor plugged in.

Silver, with go faster stripes.

Imagine a pair of legs, a "lap" if you will, and the laptop resting on them.

You have, what I call, "The Setup"

that was the exact same as my old setup

but i upgraded last year to a 17" laptop

i made a big investment 3yrs ago and bought a recliner chair that twists around in circles(very handy when you win i get the childern to twirl me while i shout whoup! whoup! whoup!whoup!) dropped 900 sheets on that baby very comfortable lol i sometimes fall asleep in a tournament due to the "comfyness" of the above setup

Comment

It is late Mr Kitt i dont know what you mean i will take a stab at the lovely bright colour scheme.
                                                            I was suggesting that you might have OCD actually .

Comment

I moved/changed my poker setup at the start of the year as i reduced the number of tables i am playing. Now just use dualview, 24 inch monitor for potting and laptop for browsing. Setup seems to be working well for me so far this year
                                                              Where did you pic up the desk jacky? Been looking for something similar myself

Mine atm

Last edited by Tek; 25-02-10, 22:43. Reason: I suck at resizing

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                ^^How big is that monitor NA? Looks v nice.

Posted on the old site...this be mine...

Ya gots to be havin some chips to mess about with imo. They're like an extension of my left hand when puntin

I don't think you need to buy Dell when you can get cheaper monitors that do the same shit and come with guarantees. The one on the right is Acer and I've had it for years(ty 50nl laddies) and the other is a HD LG(think it's the same aas gavonater's in the 1st reply). LG have a great product and are much cheaper than Dell. Dell are also a pack of w**kers imo but that's just from personal experience. Tiz also worth investing in some decent speakers if ya like grindin to tunes.
                                                                It's 24", from Dell . Only new and I'm very pleased with it. €182. Also has HDMI ports etc so I can hook PS3 and stuff up to it which is cool.

Agree Dell can be cnuts to deal with at times but overall I'm pretty happy with them. Not nearly as bad as they used to be.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etrViB3gMyg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etrViB3gMyg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfIlaHXCA4U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfIlaHXCA4U[/ame]

It's all an illusion

Comment

I got a mouse for my laptop today.

Comment

I got a mouse for my laptop today.

Pics or this alleged mouse never even existed
                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                        Pics or this alleged mouse never even existed
                                                                        afraid I'm in the family home for the weekend...

Comment

Very cool imo.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I hope i can explain this problem properly regarding my set up. I have connected my Dell XPS Laptop to my dell 2408 external monitor. Now i was hoping to keep the lobby open on the laptop and just play and tile my poker tables on the big external monitor however i cant seem to be able to set it up so that i can use both screens simultaneously(as in moved the mouse icon across both screens) and not just mirror what's on the laptop. Also when it does mirror what's on the laptop the resolutions goes arseways on the external monitor.

any idea's as im a moron when it comes to computer hardware (and anything else to do with computers to be honest!)

EDIT: btw when i use the option to display only on external screen, the resolution returns to normal

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                              I hope i can explain this problem properly regarding my set up. I have connected my Dell XPS Laptop to my dell 2408 external monitor.
                                                                              I think this is your problem.

also go into control panel click display, go to settings and tick the box that says "Extend onto this monitor"
                                                                              then in the image on top you will have 1 AND 2 click on 1 and choose desired resolution then click on 2 and make it the same.
                                                                              Last edited by BrianByrne; 26-02-10, 18:55.
                                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

#40
                                                                                ok, i tried that but now i get a blank screen on my laptop(with my desktop background showing only) and the external monitor is working fine.

So i wonder if it is possible at all to be able to move the cursor between both screens..

Comment

#41
                                                                                  sorry, my mistake. i have it working now. Thanks brian

Comment

#42
                                                                                    No problem mate, my desktop broke so i had to figure it out yday for the laptop/monitor

Enjoy pal
                                                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

#43
                                                                                      2 x 24" Samusung Syncmasters and Dell desktop

Comment

#44
                                                                                        just a change from the poker

D-Link Switch Ethernet 5 ports 10/100 Mb

WESTERN DIGITAL TV Live Media Player

LaCie 301304EK Hard Disk External Hard Drive Designed by Neil Poulton - 1 TB - USB 2.0

only got this last week and have loaded 500 films onto the harddrive its a brilliant piece of kit and cost less than 200E,coupled with my 52" sony bravia i will never again want to play poker

like fuck i won't

Comment

#45
                                                                                          hi thats weird i was thinking about gettin the exact same set up with the media player and hardrive from komplette. I had the old WD media player whats the new Live one like? also is the upscaling as good as i hear for blurays and HD movies?

Comment

#46
                                                                                            iam not really a tech head when it comes to these things just following the brothers advice, but the system works really well all the movies have come from torrent downloads doubt if i could get into that on here but some are bad videos and really shite but the hd and the dvd ones are excellent on it and western digital is supposed to be the dogs leroadie and supports all file formats.

now i have a question for you or anyone else that knows i have the system hooked up to my main tv but and is fed directly by a hdmi cable into the back of the tv but i want to send the film to several other tvs around the house through the ordinary aerial wire i allready have the sky hooked up like this

the media player has only got two outlets one is a hdmi which i use to hook up to the tv the other is the one wher you use the 3 colourdy wires that you could connect into a scart socket. there is also another socket at the back called optical i don't know what this is for.

anyhow do you know what i would need to connect the scart plug into the aerial wire feeding the rest of the house.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Attached Files

Comment

#48
                                                                                                http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...1&d=1273088210
                                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Thats pretty sexy Tony, how much did it all cost in the end?

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Is the image of Drogba on freezeframe to keep you motivated?

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                        Thats pretty sexy Tony, how much did it all cost in the end?
                                                                                                        Thanks m8 really happy with it it even looks better than the pictures
                                                                                                        I can't remember the exact figures but it was -
                                                                                                        90 for table
                                                                                                        450 for box
                                                                                                        200 for TV/Monitor
                                                                                                        200 each for Monitors
                                                                                                        50 for chair
                                                                                                        10 for mouse
                                                                                                        10 for keyboard
                                                                                                        30 for notice board
                                                                                                        40 for lighting
                                                                                                        200 for xbox and games
                                                                                                        Waterford and Irish flags - PRICELESS

so just over 1000 for the lot.

can't lose online on this setup either its making me play better me thinks

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                        Is the image of Drogba on freezeframe to keep you motivated?
                                                                                                        Haha hes on freezeframe because I pretend that all the players i'm playing against are him...
                                                                                                        Last edited by Tony_Montana; 05-05-10, 20:39.

Comment

#53

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Home setup...

On the go...

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Tony_Montana View Post
                                                                                                              Thanks m8 really happy with it it even looks better than the pictures
                                                                                                              I can't remember the exact figures but it was -
                                                                                                              90 for table
                                                                                                              450 for box
                                                                                                              200 for TV/Monitor
                                                                                                              200 each for Monitors
                                                                                                              50 for chair
                                                                                                              10 for mouse
                                                                                                              10 for keyboard
                                                                                                              30 for notice board
                                                                                                              40 for lighting
                                                                                                              200 for xbox and games
                                                                                                              Waterford and Irish flags - PRICELESS

so just over 1000 for the lot.

can't lose online on this setup either its making me play better me thinks

Haha hes on freezeframe because I pretend that all the players i'm playing against are him...
                                                                                                              Get oot and get a wireless moose for your hoose.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                Get oot and get a wireless moose for your hoose.
                                                                                                                Haha i have one but strangly enough I prefer this mouse

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  You ware a hoddie while grinding? Shades too?

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by wannabecraig View Post
                                                                                                                    You ware a hoddie while grinding? Shades too?

Only when i'm in the zone which is 99.999999% of the time

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Whats on the sheets on your clipboard???

Comment

#60

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X