Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's an App for that - The best of iPhone apps

Following on from http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4698

A place for a list of useful iPhone apps.

Stanza - eBook reader

iBetMate - Betfair API app. More useful than the official Betfair app.

TouchMouse - Use your iPhone/iPod touch as a wireless touch pad/keyboard for your computer

Convert Units - Does what it says on the label

SciCal - Best scientific calculator app I have found (note link is to the lite version).

Solitaire - Naturally
    Last edited by bp_me; 14-07-10, 22:03.
    May you live in interesting times!

Wunderradio

End thread. tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
      Stanza - eBook reader
      Class. I have some poker books photocopied and saved as pdfs. Can I read them using this, and if so, how do I put the file on my phone?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
        Class. I have some poker books photocopied and saved as pdfs. Can I read them using this, and if so, how do I put the file on my phone?

Thanks

I also think apples own eBooks app is available for iPhone and iPod touch now so might be worth a look.
        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Pokercruncher - basically pokerstove for iphone

http://www.pokercruncher.com/

squareball and flight control are pretty good games

Comment

Thanks
            I use iBooks for this and its pretty friggin cool

Comment

Another good one is Eirtext (lets you send webtexts from your iphone)

Comment

Rasta posted a 40 best Andriod apps site in BBV,there was an iphone version nearby aswell.

The top 40 free iphone Apps

I havent studied it properly yet but some look interesting.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

cuberunner from that list seems pretty cool

Comment

Was hooked on peggle for a week or so.

Comment

an odd one, but I have 5-0 radio installed on my i-phone. Allwos you to listen to live streams of police radio around the world (where it is legal to listen to them). It's quite surreal to be eating your breakfast and listen to armed robbery reports in chicago.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Now that OS4 has been jailbroken, what are the good apps through Cydia these days, I haven't had a jailbroken phone in about 7 months so I don't really know what's good and what's not.

Anyone know what the best Cydia apps are these days/

Also, for anyone that hasn't heard about the jailbreak yet, just go to http://jailbreakme.com on your iphone and follow the instructions. Dead easy!!

Comment

Originally posted by cokedrinker View Post
                          Pokercruncher - basically pokerstove for iphone

http://www.pokercruncher.com/

squareball and flight control are pretty good games
                          Anyone know of a plo app?
                          twitter
                          moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                            Now that OS4 has been jailbroken, what are the good apps through Cydia these days, I haven't had a jailbroken phone in about 7 months so I don't really know what's good and what's not.

Anyone know what the best Cydia apps are these days/

Also, for anyone that hasn't heard about the jailbreak yet, just go to http://jailbreakme.com on your iphone and follow the instructions. Dead easy!!
                            Word of warning, not all Cydia apps are ios4 compatible yet and some are causing lots of problems. Google it and you should find a list of them

Comment

You can get Sky Mobile for free until Jan 11, if you have Sky sports already here:https://mobile-tv.sky.com/skyplayers...?territory=ROI

Just signed up there myself and I now have ESPN on my phone that I don't have at home, so it's kinda handy IMO.

Comment

How do you jailbreak an iphone ?

Is there anyway to delete all contacts in one go ?
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                  How do you jailbreak an iphone ?

Is there anyway to delete all contacts in one go ?
                                  1) Look 4 posts up...

2) Might be something useful here: http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum...nce-14454.html

EDIT: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRJHx30nS8[/ame]
                                  Last edited by Ste05; 18-08-10, 22:23.

Comment

I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2 before I had a chance to jailbreak, so I think I'm in the cold for a while yet!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                      I accidentally upgraded to 4.0.2 before I had a chance to jailbreak, so I think I'm in the cold for a while yet!
                                      Downgrade to 4.0.1 again.
                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                        Downgrade to 4.0.1 again.
                                        Can't seem to do it, something about not having an SSH Blob or something?

Comment

Can't seem to do it, something about not having an SSH Blob or something?
                                          It should be easily done no??

Can you not just DL the 4.0.1 firmware and then restore using that IPSW (or whatever they're called) in iTunes, by pressing Ctrl or whatever you need to press when clicking restore that allows you to choose where the firmware file is located on your computer.

Comment

It says that the 4.0.1 firmware is not compatible with my phone.

I read a downgrading guide and it said that you need to use **Umbrella to save a Blob of some sorts to Cydia and that will allow you to downgrade.

If you haven't saved the blob on the firmware that you are trying to downgrade to, its not possible.

So, I guess I have to wait it out

Comment

It says that the 4.0.1 firmware is not compatible with my phone.

I read a downgrading guide and it said that you need to use **Umbrella to save a Blob of some sorts to Cydia and that will allow you to downgrade.

If you haven't saved the blob on the firmware that you are trying to downgrade to, its not possible.

So, I guess I have to wait it out
                                              I think apple make it very hard to 'downgrade' firmwares, but it is possible. Google it and you should get some instructions.

Comment

No Emmet is right, if your phone wasnt jailbroken and your info wasnt saved on the Cydia servers i dont think you can downgrade your firmware.

Mine are on it but im too retarded to get my phone into dfu mode to do it.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Just got it going, back to 4.0.1, awesome.

Free apps here i come.

Comment

RedSn0w released apparently

Will try when I get home from work

Comment

RedSn0w released apparently

Will try when I get home from work

http://www.journalmagazine.net/unloc...k-solution/563
                                                      Bleh, for 3G and not 3Gs yet..
                                                      This isn't going to do you iPhone 4 types much good yet, but it's interesting to note that the current version of redsn0w apparently works like a champ for jailbreaking your old iPhone 3G (yes -- 3G -- not 3GS) along with second-generation iPod touches running iOS 4.0.2. As we now know, 4.0.2 materialized for the sole purpose of patching up the PDF exploit that allowed JailbreakMe to do its thing, so it's kind of funny to see that redsn0w is still able to do its thing unhindered... just not on the devices most of us care about. Keep on keepin' on, Dev Team.

They'll get there though I'm sure

Comment

PingChat2, an iPhone to iPhone messenger that has a facility to send video and pictures. Basicly a free MMS service to any of your contacts as long as they have it on their iPhone.

Good app I just downloaded.
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Well, thats a blow...

Apple News | There Will Not Be a Jailbreak for iOS 4.0.2/3.2.2

Comment

Runkeeper
                                                            Just like a real-life coach, the ASICS Runkeeper app will help you set your goals, train for them, and track your progress along the way.

Track, Measure and improve your fitness

Seeing as there are a few tyring to keep fit here you might like this apps.

You can manually enter data in training indoors or use GPS to track during outdoors.. Havent fully explored it myself but the guys at work say its very good.

Comment

Scratch that! A glimmer of hope!

Will try this evening!

you fuckin cock teasing bitch
                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 31-08-10, 17:58.

Comment

Scratch that! A glimmer of hope!

Will try this evening!

you fuckin cock teasing bitch
                                                                Didn't really read this thoroughly but it might help you emmet:

Download 4.0.1 .iPsw http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-8618.20100715.Zapn4/iPhone2,1_4.0.1_8A306_Restore.ipsw

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                  Didn't really read this thoroughly but it might help you emmet:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056016376
                                                                  Post 10 reveals it as a myth, thats the same technique that I was trying...

Comment

- http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12133
                                                                    limera1n geohot's iPhone jailbreak solution

Beautiful - Just did this, jailbroke my 4.0.2 iphone 3GS very simply.

SBS settings is only cydia app I would know as "essential". Off to increase that knowledge now!
                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 10-10-10, 20:01.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                      Following on from http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=4698

A place for a list of useful iPhone apps.

Stanza - eBook reader

iBetMate - Betfair API app. More useful than the official Betfair app.

TouchMouse - Use your iPhone/iPod touch as a wireless touch pad/keyboard for your computer

Convert Units - Does what it says on the label

SciCal - Best scientific calculator app I have found (note link is to the lite version).

Solitaire - Naturally
                                                                      was sitting here about 20 mins before i read this post and said i need a wireless mouse........
                                                                      then bam i read ur post about yur touch mouse app......

nixw one

Comment

Another good app is "Tapatalk". Its basically allows access to VBulletin forums.
                                                                        http://www.tapatalk.com/
                                                                        You can add Irishpokerboards to your fav lists.
                                                                        It makes posting/reading threads so much easier with it.
                                                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckycharms_74 View Post
                                                                          Another good app is "Tapatalk". Its basically allows access to VBulletin forums.
                                                                          Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

You can add Irishpokerboards to your fav lists.
                                                                          It makes posting/reading threads so much easier with it.
                                                                          Yeah tapatalk is excellent. So easy to browse IPB on the phone with it.
                                                                          NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Do you have to pay for it to use it properly?
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                              Do you have to pay for it to use it properly?
                                                                              Nope.
                                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

#40
                                                                                jailbreaking = installous / appcake

= free apps.

Or you could pay for it.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by four of a kind poker View Post
                                                                                  Nope.
                                                                                  I think you have to buy the paid version to be able to post?

Comment

#42
                                                                                    You need the paid version to post, but you don't necessarily have to pay for it

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Yeah I "PAID" for it
                                                                                      sigpic

Comment

#44
                                                                                        You need the paid version to post, but you don't necessarily have to pay for it
                                                                                        Sorry, yeah to post you have to "pay".
                                                                                        Installous is handy!!
                                                                                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Upon upgrading to the iPhone, I've reorganised all the apps I used on the iPod. A bit of overdue Spring cleaning. Here's what made the cut:

Epicurious: A fantastic little free cooking app. It suggests recipes based on what you have lying around
                                                                                          DrinkGames: A little portable library of drinking games. Essential to inject some life into a dying party.
                                                                                          VLC: Get this while it's still in the Appstore. Allows you to play a tonne of video files.
                                                                                          Mixologist: A massive database of cocktails. I find this handy to experiment with new drinks and saves my ass when asked to make a cocktail in work that I've never heard of!
                                                                                          WebMD: Incorrectly self-diagnose yourself with terminal illnesses!
                                                                                          LiveScore: Keep track of the latest scores around the world.
                                                                                          GrooveShark: Only available on Cydia now. The best music streaming app around!
                                                                                          Foursquare: The app that forced Facebook into fighting back with it's Places service. Very helpful, if not a bit underpopulated in Ireland.
                                                                                          Tapatalk: Makes reading vBulletin forums easy

Games:
                                                                                          Angry Birds: Flogging exploding birds at pigs is even more fun that it sounds.
                                                                                          Cut the Rope: Another addictive puzzle game. Cut ropes to help candy fall into a monsters mouth.
                                                                                          Flight Control: Direct an increasing amount if planes onto a runway without crashing them.
                                                                                          DoodleJump: Climb, Climb, Climb. As addictive and fun as it is frustrating.
                                                                                          Paper Toss: Throw paper into a bin while battling the wind (office fans). Great timewaster.
                                                                                          Tilt to Live: Tilt your iPhone around to avoid constantly spawning killer red dots!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            iConcertCal is an app that's only available in the US store, but if you can get your hands on it it's brilliant.

It basically scans your iPod and finds gigs by the bands therein that are near you.

You can sync it with your iTunes as well.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              for any jailbreakers who use last.fm, iScrobbl from cydia is essential.

Finally able to get my portable scrobbles included!

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Thanks for sharing some of those look Great
                                                                                                iphone 4 case

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Anyone know if Bwin players in the Republic will be able to play this Bwin iPhone Poker app. The app should only work in the United Kingdom and Austria and Apple plan to police this by using the iPhone geotagging feature.

I'm just wondering how accurate this Geo feature is. If the app will work in Northern Ireland, how far south will you have to travel before the app stops working.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Bump. Any more recommendations for apps?
                                                                                                    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Apps I use constantly
                                                                                                      Wolfram - Best calculator App going
                                                                                                      SmartSync - Grab contact info off facebook and put photos on all your contacts
                                                                                                      Dropbox - Essential imo
                                                                                                      Sleep Cycle - Great Alarm, interesting/nerdy too
                                                                                                      Click2Call - Create an icon for a contact to just press to call them
                                                                                                      MyWi 4.0 - Create a wireless hotspot for your laptop to connect to using your 3G
                                                                                                      Feedly - Congregate all your blogs / newspapers into one source
                                                                                                      Grooveshark - Got a year's sub for $12 so Grooveshark Anywhere is unreal
                                                                                                      MyNetDiary - Calorie Counter - be honest with yourself
                                                                                                      iXpenseLite - Budgeting

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                                                                        Bump. Any more recommendations for apps?
                                                                                                        The new 2+2 forums app is top class.

2+2 Forums for iPhone and iPad

2+2 Forums for Droid
                                                                                                        sigpic

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Three have launched a new iPhone app so u can receive landline calls on your mobile. It's aimed at the business market but seems a very good idea. Here's the link http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms...eface-create-a

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by MBMurf View Post
                                                                                                            Three have launched a new iPhone app so u can receive landline calls on your mobile. It's aimed at the business market but seems a very good idea. Here's the link http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms...eface-create-a
                                                                                                            How is this priced? Are they planning an Android version?

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                                                                                                              How is this priced? Are they planning an Android version?
                                                                                                              The pricing is on the info page When u download it on app store and I'm assuming they are as would be pretty stupid not to do it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                              X