This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
    What's the best way to quit smoking? Hypnotism, meditation, group therapy?

If someone could package together a winning programme I could see it being very lucrative for them.
    I quit using champix, a week later I was told I needed x4 bypass...that was 21 months ago...I'm still off them, never had a relapse.

Champix ftw
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      I have seen no evidence that vaping has been in any way successful in helping people to break their addiction to nicotine.
      I have seen quite a few people switch to vaping and now don't consume any nicotine based product

Do you mean you haven't seen some article or bullshit study?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Is vaping just a portable hookah pipe?
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Sligo have been very poor in this opening 12 minutes vs Cork. I can't see this ending well.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Sligo have been very poor in this opening 12 minutes vs Cork. I can't see this ending well.
              Grim stuff alright

Comment

Dreadful. Their half forward line is lol.

Comment

The vast majority of championship matches that Sligo win they score around 12-16 points I'd say, which they are clearly not going to do today, never mind restricting Cork to only a few more points. I'd say Cork are about 1/33 in this game now. Sligo don't put big scores on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Why do we want people to 'break their addiction to nicotine',
                    I don't care if people want to continue using nicotine, my concern and the concern of most health professionals I have heard is that vaping will have a negative effect on the decreasing trend of smoking.

I don't know if its true or not but it should be researched and tested properly. Thats all I'm saying.

If as seems likely it is shown to have a negative effect on the epidemiology but a positive health effect then I would like to see a more radical approach to shift the balance something along the lines of allowing vaping being allowed but cigarettes being available only on prescription and treated as a class A drug.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The vast majority of championship matches that Sligo win they score around 12-16 points I'd say, which they are clearly not going to do today, never mind restricting Cork to only a few more points. I'd say Cork are about 1/33 in this game now. Sligo don't put big scores on the board.
                      They were 1/33 several places before the off, never mind now!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                        Is vaping just a portable hookah pipe?
                        No

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              So, after at least three sleeps today, finally seriously woke up and went to the hairdresser. Mario from Romania was such a dude. Gave me a beer to start the process. Kindly romanced me through the various stages of having a haircut. I also look amazing for those of you who will be seeing me at Rocky Horror tonight
                              Will you be (cross) dressing up for the occasion?

Comment

Comment

Picked up a LiquaLites e-cigarette in a newsagents on Tuesday along with some menthol juice (which is strange as I abhor menthol cigarettes).
                                  Am still smoking though but have probably cut my intake in half so far.

Comment

Comment

Wow, might be a glimmer of a chance still for Sligo in this yet. Surely too much to do though.

Comment

I think it was Hitchhiker who previously mentioned a sat nav app for android that will work without using data? If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated? (I'm very new to android!!)

Comment

Osmand

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Osmand
                                            Perfect, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                                              I think it was Hitchhiker who previously mentioned a sat nav app for android that will work without using data? If you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated? (I'm very new to android!!)
                                              GPS in general doesn't use data. However you need data to download maps if you dont have them on your phone already

Comment

(Stop Masturbation Now)— There is nothing more disgusting than the thought of a teenage girl touching herself. Well… nature agrees too. Jennifer Connery of Hoagland Nebraska was struck …

Some classic articles on this page
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone else have trouble with Dublin Bus wifi?

Anytime I'm near a bus my 3G/4G signal goes as it switches to Dublin Bus wifi, but you have to sign in, ie, you've no internet until you do.

Pain in the hole. I could be listening to some tunes on play music and the tune will stop because a prick bus passes by, or maps will freeze.

I know I can just hit 'Forget network', just did it now, just ranting.

Buswankers.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Anytime I'm near a bus my 3G/4G signal goes as it switches to Dublin Bus wifi, but you have to sign in, ie, you've no internet until you do.

Pain in the hole. I could be listening to some tunes on play music and the tune will stop because a prick bus passes by, or maps will freeze.

Buswankers.
                                                    Turn off the WiFi on your phone when you don't use it, from the pull down menu?

Better battery life too?
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                      Turn off the WiFi on your phone when you don't use it, from the pull down menu?

Better battery life too?
                                                      I know. Problem is, I only remember when some troubledecker goes by.

Comment

Comment

It's more your problem than theirs, tbh.

Comment

Any one know of a stream for the united match

Comment

Comment

hitch, will we go for an auld trip away together? -> http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30444638.html
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Expendables 3 DVDscr in all reputable places
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Expendables 3 DVDscr in all reputable places
                                                                      Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                        Any one know of a stream for the united match
                                                                        Wiziwig, the new MyP2P. Wiziwig.tv brings to you live sports on your PC for free. Live football , Live MLB and NBA. Just for free tv on your pc. Wiziwig.tv brings you also the best P2P programs guides.

Should get a decent one from this list.

Comment

Comment

Buswankers.
                                                                            Ah Heyor. ..If you stopped following me around and used your own network then you wouldn't have a problem.

Comment

I see Israel has agreed a 24 hour truce in Gaza. Anyone offering odds on Hamas\IJ sticking to it?
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

There are apps that could do this automatically for you when you leave your regular wifi areas based on gps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...itoggler&hl=en appears to do it for free but this was simply the first google result so approach with caution, etc.

Edit: I think https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tt.ifttt&hl=en is usually considering the gold standard for this sort of thing on android.
                                                                                Last edited by bp_me; 26-07-14, 21:51.
                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  I see Israel has agreed a 24 hour truce in Gaza. Anyone offering odds on Hamas\IJ sticking to it?
                                                                                  Its pretty low id say.
                                                                                  What have Hamas got to gain from peace?
                                                                                  When will Israel be happy when all of Gaza is occupied by illegal settlements.

But firing 155mm shells into urban areas they weight about 90pounds is hardly surgical.
                                                                                  No more than the british heavy handedness- murders bloody sunday etc -Hamas has got its next 1000 probably more martyrs Israel is best recruitment office they could have.

I think Jewish people businesses around the world will suffer reprisals in the coming times.
                                                                                  What can the ordinary Palestenians do?
                                                                                  If Hamas came into your business can we hide rockets here would you say no?
                                                                                  Probably be dragged around by a rope on a motor bike and labelled an informant -collaberator.
                                                                                  Personally sick to fuck about hearing about and once again the UN has shown itself to be a limp dick when a real problem a rises useless.

Comment

Does someone here work in car sales? Or was a garage recommended here before or something along those lines?

In the market for a 1.4 litre for between 2000-4000. Golf, Corolla, Astra something along those lines.

Comment

Nice steak dinner at the mint leaf in Dunboyne, quick walk around blanch shopping centre (most shops were closed, result), movie, popcorn & a Starbucks. #whoneedsgarthbrookes #todaywasagoodday

The rise of the ape's film was pretty good, worth a trip to see it!

Comment

I don't care if people want to continue using nicotine, my concern and the concern of most health professionals ... cigarettes being available only on prescription and treated as a class A drug.
                                                                                        You are pure box office
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

New avengers poster

wallpaper version
                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            You are pure box office
                                                                                            And that is a blatently dishonest distortion of what I said to make it sound as if I said something very different from what I actually said.

You are the third zealot on the subject today who has refused to hear what I'm saying and distorted it to be what they would like me to say.

All feeds info deepening my scepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                              Does someone here work in car sales? Or was a garage recommended here before or something along those lines?

In the market for a 1.4 litre for between 2000-4000. Golf, Corolla, Astra something along those lines.
                                                                                              Rag2Gar is the man

Comment

And that is a blatently dishonest distortion of what I said to make it sound as if I said something very different from what I actually said.

You are the third zealot on the subject today who has refused to hear what I'm saying and distorted it to be what they would like me to say.

All feeds info deepening my scepticism.
                                                                                                Was I one of those zealots?

To be honest I think you get given a really easy time on the subject because you come at it for the best of reasons. Definitely no intention here to be a zealot on the subject.

But you consistently just tie yourself in complete knots when talking about it, seeming to interchange the concepts of vaping&smoking and cigarettes&nicotine as if they are the same thing.
                                                                                                You than throw in red herrings about Scandanavia, and demand citations and peer reviewed research about products which are effectively start-ups, and make disparaging references to vaping being titty sucking.
                                                                                                As I recall in previous posts you wanted eliquids and other vaping products heavily taxed to pay for the damage that cigarettes have done, which is possibly the worst bit of logic ever.

Its actually dispiriting to see such bad thinking from clearly intelligent people - makes me wonder what chance vaping has of being given a fair hearing by the average fucktard in Leinster House or the DoH or their equivalents abroad.

Comment

Seriously? I parked the semi trolling stuff weeks ago.

All I'm saying is that I am sceptical that that encouraging vaping will reduce the number of people smoking.

I think there are a number of reasons to be sceptical and they are shared by the likes of the Irish Cancer Society, the department of health in the UK and equivalent bodies across Europe.

I'm asking that solid evidence that it reduces harm in the general population be produced before we allow even more harm to be created in this area.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-07-14, 00:25.

Comment

...think I read here about comic con...did anyone g to last years Dublin comic con...I'm tempted to go, just for something for myself and her to do...how much interest would you have to have in that stuff to actually enjoy the day...we go to museum, art gallery and things like that without much interest just to pass time...would it be worth it...

Comment

My wife and I went to the MCM Comic Com in the RDS in April, was cool but you'd have to be a nerd to enjoy it! There was some awesome cosplay to be seen.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Normally I wouldn't have too strong an opinion on this kinda stuff, but is this not absolutely ridiculous from RTE? I'm assuming what's said in the article is true.
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                            hitch, will we go for an auld trip away together? -> http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-30444638.html
                                                                                                            'Unprotected or "bare back" sex costs €70 and blow jobs are €20, but we're told "you can bargain the girls down". - See more at: http://www.independent.ie/irish-news....brvnlqNK.dpuf'
                                                                                                            Clear value in the blowjob market vs the barebackin', for many reasons.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                              Normally I wouldn't have too strong an opinion on this kinda stuff, but is this not absolutely ridiculous from RTE? I'm assuming what's said in the article is true.
                                                                                                              This literally makes me sick to my stomach. Shame on you RTE.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                Clear value in the blowjob market vs the barebackin', for many reasons.
                                                                                                                Niamh Horan really is the nut worst gutter journalist.

This literally makes me sick to my stomach. Shame on you RTE.
                                                                                                                RTE wishes to clarify that the news report on Wednesday 23 July 2014 did not misinterpret or misrepresent the views of a woman featured within the footage from Gaza. The pictures and information fe…

Comment

Posts deleted.

CHD cleansing by CHD is happening.

I'm like a Jew raping someone elses land.

Comment

Got pretty much the entire new thread to catch up on. See yiz in another few weeks...
                                                                                                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

What's the best way to quit smoking? Hypnotism, meditation, group therapy?

If someone could package together a winning programme I could see it being very lucrative for them.
                                                                                                                      I genuinely think if people want to stop they will stop. I'm an ex-smoker, stopped and started several times and every time I wanted to stop I just quit immediately. The times when I struggled the underlying fact was that I didn't actually want to quit.

I think alot of smokers don't want to quit but feel some sort of pressure to whether it's from family, friends or worrying about the effect on their health.

If people really want something in life that is within their power to do, they can do it. Simple as that.

With regards to vaping it is infinitely better than smoking. I have several friends who went from 10-20 a day to just using the vape. Some of them still smoke occasionally but it is undoubtedly a positive change from where they were before vaping, .
                                                                                                                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Had one cigarette yesterday morning, vaped the rest of the day.

Feel so much better this morning than I did yesterday morning. Sinus clear, no morning breath, able to breath deep. Got a really good sleep.

I've been quitting smoking for a long time now, off for a few months, on again, on off, on off, this is exactly how I feel that first day as a non smoker.

I would seriously recommended this to someone struggling to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Why do we want people to 'break their addiction to nicotine', - its a substance that has no major issues in small doses. It would be great if no-one used it, but really its not the pressing issue.
                                                                                                                          Getting people to break their addiction to cigarettes is however a massive big motherfucking thing. Because cigarettes and the horrible things they contain are a major killer.

Its like if people were taking caffeine in some weird form that mixed it with strychnine and arsenic and other posions, and 35% of users could expect to die from its use. Then someday someone found you could also get caffeine via coffee, and only a tiny tiny percent are going to die from taking caffeine in this way. And then you turned around and said its still not helping people break their addiction to caffeine.
                                                                                                                          I've shown this post to my wife, who like SP has a 'talk to Joe' attitude to the issue.

It's excellence has won her.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X