New Start up idea - Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Start up idea - Help needed

Ok, so I've had an idea for a website for quite sometime which has never been done before.

I've spoken to a developer (already too busy to help me) who thinks it's a brilliant concept but will take a lot of hard work.

My problem is where to start. I have a friend who can look after the design end of things but what I need is a Web Developer (probably back end) who can assist me. I work in IT Recruitment but don't know anyone well enough to ask and don't want to approach my candidates either. The last thing I want is someone to take my idea for themselves.

I know most good programmers are busy all the time but maybe there's someone who could look at it as a side project, or even just give me some advice? Obviously I have no money at the moment to pay someone but like all these things, if the business did take off and was a success there would be equity shares etc etc.

Any advice at all would be welcome as I'm stuck as to where to go with it now. Actually turning an idea into a fully working live site is such a big process I'm lost on where to begin

is it database driven? is there a mobile aspect? PM me if you can offer more info

Comment

Web Development is pretty broad.
      I'd need a smidge more info tbh.

Database?
      Video?
      CMS?
      E-commerce?
      etc etc etc
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I understand, will drop you a PM

Comment

If it is a development that will require few updates or maintenance then simply post your project on Elance or Odesk and choose the best bidder.

On the other hand if you have a development that requires constant support then it is definitely worth hiring a full time progammer, or if you cannot afford it then work out some equity split with a programmer who can do it as a side project.

Also don't be too afraid to give some extra details of your project to prospective partners. 99% of people are too lazy to do anything no matter how good an idea is and especially if there are barriers to entry such as programming knowledge!

EDIT: Also you are an IT consultant recruiter, surely you have seen lots of CVs that mention interests similar to your project niche. Email a few of the younger single clients to see if they are interested in partnering up...they will have lots of free time and younger people still have the fire in their belly for making money, no family distractions and are less tainted by years of bull shit office politics and the 9-5 grind!
          Last edited by RBBlogger; 19-02-13, 18:31.

Comment

Working...
          X