Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSL Internet Providers, any experience with sky broadband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSL Internet Providers, any experience with sky broadband?

Ok so living in the back arse of nowhere does have its disadvantages when it comes to the internet

I'm currently using a dongle from 3 @ E35 a month for a 20gb download but the speed is just brutal

Does anyone have any experience with sky broadband in the UK, they have recently launched the broadband service over here and the prices starting are pretty good?

BB providers are much of a muchness when it comes to domestic use. In the Uk, they all use BT's phone lines and equipment and resell it, so line faults are escalated to BT. Would imagine Eircom is similar thing in ROI. I assume UPC are not an option. I know in the UK/North that if you cry a bit to Sky they will refund you the price of a landline installation (£120ish) if you dont currently have one. Had Sky for 2 years and was happy enough, but wanted the fibre optic broadband so switched to BT.
    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

yeah upc are out but im lucky that the phone line is already in just hasnt been connected

rang sky and they are not connecting people yet so im out of luck anyway for the next few weeks anyway they said all they are doing is porting over people out of contracts atm fml

Comment

Sky are just a reseller of eircom BB, so if you can't get a good connection with eircom, you won't get a good one with sky.

Comment

if you PM me your landline number, I can tell you what speed you can get
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Sky are just a reseller of eircom BB, so if you can't get a good connection with eircom, you won't get a good one with sky.
            Yeah did a quick check and both seem to offer me 24mb but eircom is like €78 vs Sky €40

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            if you PM me your landline number, I can tell you what speed you can get
            Cheers pm en route

Comment

PM answered.

Also, a little heads up
              a fair few people are worried about Sky robbing customers so there are deals to be had
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
              X